Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Well I guess it wasn't the batteries. I got new ones today and did 2 rounds on the highest setting. It may have been a tiny bit stronger buzz but nothing that hurt that bad. Should I do 2 rounds-one on setting 2 and one on setting 3 for a few more days? Or just go ahead and do 2 rounds on setting 3?

I never bothered with the lower settings - I just went straight for setting 3 - didn't ever have any negative reactions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Well I guess it wasn't the batteries. I got new ones today and did 2 rounds on the highest setting. It may have been a tiny bit stronger buzz but nothing that hurt that bad. Should I do 2 rounds-one on setting 2 and one on setting 3 for a few more days? Or just go ahead and do 2 rounds on setting 3?

I never bothered with the lower settings - I just went straight for setting 3 - didn't ever have any negative reactions.

Thanks Keliu, Guess I will just crank it up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I have another question. Can you use this device while your hair is still wet? I want to use it in the morning after I take a shower and before I use any products. I usually just let my hair air dry but the last couple days I have blown dried it but given a choice I would rather just let it dry on it own. I am concerned because it is a battery operate device and the whole thing about electricity and water not mixing. Also how many treatments are people getting out of each pad? Are you just waiting until the buzz isn't as strong and the pad isn't as sticky and changing it out or adding Tac gel? Thanks for any help Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've used mine whilst my hair has been wet and wrapped in a towel - never gave it a thought to be honest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've used mine whilst my hair has been wet and wrapped in a towel - never gave it a thought to be honest.

Thanks Keliu

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Something interesting happened this morning when I was using my Vaculifters. I have used these for about a year most mornings and I always have to keep squeezing the blue ball because I lose suction a lot. I didn't lose suction once this morning. This has never happened. Now I doubt that I have miraculously gotten better at using the Vaculifter after a year. I still use the same oil as I have and the same motions. I don't know if that means that my skin has gotten a little firmer and so the Vaculifter stays on the skin easier or what. I really don't know what to think.

I have been using the ReAura laser also. I am on my 6th treatment. the only products I'm using are the AnteAge serum, (ReAura aftercare lotion after treatments only) anti acne stuff and sometimes CeraVe PM. I have been using all these products for months.

The laser I believe is also suppose to tighten up the skin(I will have to check) So what do you guys think? I have only had the Safetox since 7-8 and have used 5 times. I don't see any difference in my face yet and wouldn't expect to this soon. Can these 2 things be related and if they are is it because my skin is getting tighter? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
The laser I believe is also suppose to tighten up the skin(I will have to check) So what do you guys think? I have only had the Safetox since 7-8 and have used 5 times. I don't see any difference in my face yet and wouldn't expect to this soon. Can these 2 things be related and if they are is it because my skin is getting tighter? Thanks.

I think it is more likely that the laser is tightening your skin, though I did see some jowl results with the Safetox 3 point treatment within 2 weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I keep trying to put this out of my mind, but dammit, I want one! Very Happy

The website says it's ideal to start using it at my age. I just wish it weren't so expensive, or at least I wish it were like the shopping channels where you could do monthly payments. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps you could try the (oh so frustrating!) ear flapping occipitalis exercise from Tom Hagerty. I keep trying!!
http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I keep trying to put this out of my mind, but dammit, I want one! Very Happy

The website says it's ideal to start using it at my age. I just wish it weren't so expensive, or at least I wish it were like the shopping channels where you could do monthly payments. Very Happy

If you want to do something affordable now...start with Frownies or the DIY version of them. They enhance my Safetox results, but I have been wondering what they would do alone (their website has great result pics)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Ordered. I may have to take a sabbatical from EDS after this. Or go on a beans and rice diet. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Ordered. I may have to take a sabbatical from EDS after this. Or go on a beans and rice diet. Very Happy

I bet you'll be glad you got it! yes I need to start eating rice and beans soley too,lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miracleskin, I know it's only been a little while but how are you coming along with the Safetox? Is it any less painful for you now verse when you started. Have you seen any temporary changes in your skin?

I've only been using it 12 days so I haven't seen any real changes but my forehead lines are less noticeable after I use it in the morning and for awhile afterwards. I am noticing more fine lines under my eyes this past week but not really any bigger bags(I had bags already) This could have something to do with the Safetox but I am also using the ReAura laser so it could be that instead/also.

I am using the Tac-gel now also. Am I supposed to put it on the little sticky strips that go against the forehead? Also it's messy. Does anyone have any tricks for putting it on the pads? I am working my way back through the Safetox thread. I read it in its entirety but that was awhile ago and I don't remember everything I read. Also when should I start on the 3 point???(sorry I don't remember what it was called) Or should I just stick with the middle spot for now? Thanks in advance for any help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I never use the Gel until there is no sticky left on the electrode, which is a good while for me. When I do use the gel I barely put it on and let it dry a minute or so before applying. Also I remember the directions giving you an idea of the time frame for daily treatment...for the 50's it was like four months, with that information I didn't expect results quickly....but I did respond early. My skin and muscles are very responsive to exercise and microcurrent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone recall if there were any posts about hair loss and Safetox? I have had about half my hair fall out and the funny thing is that in addition to the top the thinning goes all around the sides to the back of my head where my hair is always super thick. Even as I have aged and all my hair has thinned that part always stays thick. This has been a sudden fall out that has lasted for months. It seems to be getting better. It could definitely be due to something else but I did start the Safetox about 4 months ago and wonder if this is part of the adjustment period that can hit a few months later? It is all along the areas where I feel the Safetox activates.

I sincerely hope it it not from this because I love it and it has made such a difference on opening up my face. I also don't particularly want to stop it for a while to do the test. I know that is the only way to really tell but I don't want to lose the effects to my face. I think I am also seeing some mid face lifting. I do have to do this regularly though. I mean I can't go to maintenance phase at all. It is 2 times a day every day and better if I do a couple cycles. Also if I combine with Tua Trend and/or facial exercises it is brilliant. I am so worried about this. Sad
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest, I know sometimes hair
loss has to do with hormones or general health/sickness. Could either of these things maybe have something to do with your hair loss? I haven't suffered any problems but I just started with Safetox. Sorry I can't be of any help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
definitely not sickness. I with it were in some way then there would be a reason. Just had everything tested and they said Excellent results. I am doing more testing on hormones but I am taking bio-identicals and increased a while ago because I had skipped heart beats. They went away. Maybe I have to increase the levels again or maybe the increase I did months ago is causing this. I think reaction can be delayed. Fortunately I have tons of hair and in some ways I look better because it is not so bushy and definitely not as hot. But is it scary to run my hands through and get a strand every single time and also to feel such thinness at the roots and so much scalp.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
No issues for me with hair loss but if you are taking any type of hormone hairless can certainly be a side affects. I am on bio identical and have been warned to watch for that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

I NEVER heard hairloss was a risk with hormones. In fact Dr. Redmond in NYC treats women's hairloss with hormones. I take them to look better now worse. I will have to talk to my doc about it then. Maybe I need more Testosterone or something.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
It is testosterone that can cause hair loss. My doctor had to back off testosterone for her own treatment because she was losing hair. She warned me to watch for it. Doesn't happen to everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Mommydearest, I do know some women lose hair because of menopause. I think it has to do with their hormones changing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - Oh menopause definitely. But I was in that already and had gradual thinning over the years but this was something else. This was severe and sudden. As if it was a reaction to a trauma. I thought of all the things it could be and there are others 1) fast weight loss of about 10 lbs and then gained it back 2) anesthesia during colonoscopy. But also noticed it was around the part of my head that Safetox freezes so wondered if anyone had read a post by a long term user about this? I hope I don't hear anything of the sort. I don't want to stop using it.
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I don't have any thing to add about hair LOSS but just wanted to mention that Tom Hegarty who does facial exercises I belive got into them by trying to exercise the occipitalis at the back of the head to try to stimulate hair GROWTH. I think this is the same muscle that the safetox tries to stimulate to bring balance to the face. He has a website dedicated to hair
[url]http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Does anyone recall if there were any posts about hair loss and Safetox?

I believe I've read through the whole thread over the past few weeks, and I don't recall anyone reporting that here, at least. I am sure that would have given me pause if I saw it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I would venture to say that it would promote hair growth...all the tingling and causing the muscles to tighten and then relax...very stimulating to the scalp.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |