Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for multiple posts....I just wanted to add that I love the anesthesia effect on the upper forehead!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I got the puffy eyes. At least I think. Is puffy eyes when your eyes look extremely watery? My eyes looked so watery for a day or two this week-like I was constantly on the verge of tears. I thought it may have been allergies but I was using Safetox level 3, 15 minutes, 2x a day, just the center point. I backed off to just one 5 minute session per day and things are fine now. I knew I was probably doing too much, but I'm just SO addicted to the feeling. LOVE it. After my one session, it's so hard not to press the button again.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I'm afraid I got the puffy eyes. At least I think. Is puffy eyes when your eyes look extremely watery? My eyes looked so watery for a day or two this week-like I was constantly on the verge of tears. I thought it may have been allergies but I was using Safetox level 3, 15 minutes, 2x a day, just the center point. I backed off to just one 5 minute session per day and things are fine now. I knew I was probably doing too much, but I'm just SO addicted to the feeling. LOVE it. After my one session, it's so hard not to press the button again.

Ryan, the puffy eyes are typically when you get fluid build up around your eyes (upper and lower) due to lymphatic stimulation or overworking the muscles (I am not sure which is the culprit). I haven't heard anyone mention watery eyes until you, but I am glad it stopped when you backed off!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, I see, thanks. It's possible the watery eyes were due to something else.

Is anyone else more conscious of frowning/raising eyebrows during the day since using the ST? I think that's a great benefit.

I love the ST so much I would seriously consider purchasing a backup if I saw a good price on Ebay. I don't want to be without it!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Safetox for about 6 weeks but for the first 4 weeks I only did about 3 or 4 sessions a week (2rounds each time). I started on level 3 and have stayed at that level the whole time. Last week I started the 3 point method. So right now I do 2 rounds (level 3) in the middle and 2 rounds (1 level 1 and 1 level 2) over each eye.

I have seen a decrease in my forehead lines and it is harder for my to raise my eyebrows now. My left side of my face muscle are a lot stronger so it is still pretty easy for me to raise my left eyebrow but much harder to raise the right one. When I used to use the Tua trend on my face it became uneven because of the difference in strength between the left and right side of my face and I was never able to figure out a way to work around that. So far that hasn't happened with Safetox and I'm hoping it doesn't.

I do think I need to ease off on the middle position because my undereye bags are getting bigger. What power level are other people using?
When I use level 1 I can barely feel it. Level 2 is a lot stronger. Am I better off only doing 1 round of level 2 or 2 rounds of level 1 in the middle? Today I just skipped the eyebrow points.

I haven't seen any lifting in the face yet but I'm happy with the forehead lines decreasing and I think it is a good sign that it's harder to raise my eyebrows. I still can't move my ears at all but I'm trying to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi CookieD,

Are you sure it is a good sign when you can't move certain muscles?

I was trying to achieve exactly an opposite effect.

I have more forehead lines on my right side than on my left side. I always had no problems raising my left eyebrow while it was difficult to raise the right one.
I was trying to train my right side to be like my left side (so far unsuccessfully Smile)

Isn't it like better working muscles = less lines?

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
Hi CookieD,

Are you sure it is a good sign when you can't move certain muscles?

I was trying to achieve exactly an opposite effect.

I have more forehead lines on my right side than on my left side. I always had no problems raising my left eyebrow while it was difficult to raise the right one.
I was trying to train my right side to be like my left side (so far unsuccessfully Smile)

Isn't it like better working muscles = less lines?

Thanks

I maybe wrong but I thought Safetox was kind of like Botox effect on muscles. So it would weaken the stronger muscles that form the lines and allow the weaker muscles in the back of the head to take over.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I really would like to hear an expert on this one.

On one side Botox freezes the muscles keeping you lines free while it works.
On the other side every facial exercises guru say "It's all about muscles", strong muscles will keep you lines free.

What should poor girl do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I really would like to hear an expert on this one.

On one side Botox freezes the muscles keeping you lines free while it works.
On the other side every facial exercises guru say "It's all about muscles", strong muscles will keep you lines free.

What should poor girl do?
Question

I'm certainly no expert but I think of it as like when certain muscle become stronger they become more dominate. Like when you see a bulked up guy and his shoulder and arms kind of roll inwards. It's because he has over developed his arms but the smaller muscles in his back (rhomboids I think) are now weaker and can not pull his shoulders back.

I think the muscles in the back of our heads have become weaker and they are not able to pull our face "back open" So this allows those muscle a chance to work because it is making the other muscles weaker. Sorry I don't know the name of the different muscles.

Someone feel free to join in and correct me if I'm on the wrong track.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I hope someone will help us to figure it out.

I just want to know why my left side is ages better than the right side, knowing that i can raise my left eyebrow and can't the right one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I hope someone will help us to figure it out.

I just want to know why my left side is ages better than the right side, knowing that i can raise my left eyebrow and can't the right one.

Do you sleep on your right side or does the sun hit you on that side when you drive?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I try to sleep on my back these days, but if i turn sides - it's a left side.

I don't think it is from driving either. 30 to 45 minutes at 8:00 AM plus the same after 6:00 PM. And i usually protected by sunscreen and never open car windows.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I think Mommy Dearest may have something here. Take a look at the Before & After pictures of the man on the Safetox site. Do you see how his hairline has receded, and the hair thinned? Look at the pictures of his forehead on the far right in particular. I have some sent an email to the Safetox people. I was convinced from the booklet that it had no side effects. Not so sure now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
LauraR wrote:
I think Mommy Dearest may have something here. Take a look at the Before & After pictures of the man on the Safetox site. Do you see how his hairline has receded, and the hair thinned? Look at the pictures of his forehead on the far right in particular. I have some sent an email to the Safetox people. I was convinced from the booklet that it had no side effects. Not so sure now.

Let us know what they say....I was going to order a 2nd one with levels 4 and 5.

Are these supposed to all be of the same guy, or 2 different guys? The top 2 pics are the same guy, but I am not sure about the 3rd pic. The link to the Safetox before and after page is at the bottom of this post.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/efficacy/before-after.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, I do think that the bottom two pictures are a different guy. It does look like both guys do have less hair. Could it be that their foreheads are raised up so their hairline has moved up also but that doesn't explain what looks to be less volume in their hair.

I will be interested to hear what Safetox says. I haven't experienced any hair loss myself.

Bethany is there a new model out that has more power levels?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

No, but you can order a custom one from them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
To me, it looks like in both B&A pictures, the men are angling their heads down slightly in the before, and have their head slightly raised in the after. That could possibly be the reason for what looks like a different hairline.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
To me, it looks like in both B&A pictures, the men are angling their heads down slightly in the before, and have their head slightly raised in the after. That could possibly be the reason for what looks like a different hairline.

I think your right about the angle but it looks like the have less volume in their hair to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I closely inspected my hair last night, and I do have thinning around my temples. However, I do have a thyroid problem, have dealt with stress-related hair loss for many years, and recently took well over a year off from all skin stuff including the Safetox.

I am getting ready to start a different thyoid dosage, so I am going to stop the Safetox until everything is stabilized and then restart and closely watch for any hairloss. My gut says (hopes) it is not related, but who knows. I 'll keep everyone posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully it's not the Safttox Bethany. I do like using it.

LauraR, did you hear back from Safetox yet?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Shock Hi there Bethany, have I understood correctly you can order a custom one??? Do you mean in power or could we actually order a three, or by the way better five point one?? I expect the latest is too much to ask for but it would be a fabulous gadget for brow wrinkles and eye sag and wrinkles??? ... Argh, I do sometimes wish I was in the electronic/cosmetic industry to make the thingies that really work for us!!! But of course you can't produce a product that will do all that... it would do away with to many other businesses... Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Shock Hi there Bethany, have I understood correctly you can order a custom one??? Do you mean in power or could we actually order a three, or by the way better five point one?? I expect the latest is too much to ask for but it would be a fabulous gadget for brow wrinkles and eye sag and wrinkles??? ... Argh, I do sometimes wish I was in the electronic/cosmetic industry to make the thingies that really work for us!!! But of course you can't produce a product that will do all that... it would do away with to many other businesses... Rolling Eyes

You can order a custom one with higher levels of power. But it will still only have the one connection point.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 am      Reply with quote
It just doesn't make sense to me that Safetox would contribute to hair loss. I hope we get an answer from the company though. I wish they still contributed to this thread. This is the only place I've found online to discuss Safetox.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering, since Safetox is supposed to relax muscles, does that mean that it can cause sagging?... Because I am looking for something to lift my mid face actually... And while this looks nice and it appears that would also help my migraines, I am worried that it would make my mid face sag even more Sad Has anyone noticed any sagging?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Just wondering, since Safetox is supposed to relax muscles, does that mean that it can cause sagging?... Because I am looking for something to lift my mid face actually... And while this looks nice and it appears that would also help my migraines, I am worried that it would make my mid face sag even more Sad Has anyone noticed any sagging?

It actually lifted my jowls, and does so by both relaxing the front muscles, and allowing your back of the head muscles to become more active and pull your face back. So no sagging.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |