Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anyone Heard of Safetox?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Tue May 28, 2013 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Cookie! Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am      Reply with quote
The gel discussed on this thread is wonderful to extend the life of the electrodes. Very Happy

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
I finally got my Safetox. I never got any communication from body4real until I opened a trouble ticket with ebay, though. It arrived a couple days after that. Weird. But I'm happy. I got it, and it works. It's a pretty cool little gadget!

I'd like to know a couple things after reading back through the thread, though.

1) Where is everyone getting replacement electrodes? WinHealth?

2) Is anyone washing their electrodes and then applying TacGel to prolong the life? I got TacGel and like the idea of washing them, I just want to check with more experienced users before doing this.

3) Anyone putting them in the fridge to help prolong the life?

4) Is the 3-point position still a good thing to do?

Any advice is deeply appreciated!


Yubs...please see answers below.

1. I previously bought mine from Body4Real, but that may change based on your experience!

2. I have never washed mine, but I do apply a very small amount of TacGel and found that it really makes a huge difference from an adhesion standpoint.

3. I store any electrodes I am not using in the fridge. I usually keep 4 out at a time and rotate them.

4. I use the Safetox as a replacement for facial exercise, and think the 3 point treatment is the fastest way to exercise the sides of the face and reduce marionette lines or nasiolabial lines. If you are only focusing on forehead lines, the 1 pt treatment is probably sufficient.

HTH!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, bethany. I appreciate the tip. Apparently body4real is miffed with me for opening up an ebay ticket because they've blocked me from their ebay store. Guess I'll get spare electrodes from WinHealth.

How long do electrodes typically last, BTW?

FYI, I really like this little gadget! Wish I'd lemming'd this one years ago when this thread first came out. I'm seeing fairly impressive results with the Safetox (plus all the other stuff, I think the electrical therapies definitely complement each other). And I like using ASG after Safetox...seems to help pull my eyebrows up and keep them there. Woohoo!

I washed an electrode with a little bit of soap and water last night...it seemed to work fine this morning. The TacGel is messy stuff, though. I keep getting stuck to the tube, the electrodes, my Safetox, etc., and then when I grab a tissue or TP to wipe it off, the tissue/TP gets stuck. I wind up with bits of tissue/TP on my hands. Laughing I wonder why they don't put it in a tube with a needle nose like Neosporin? Seems like that would be easier to work with...doesn't it?
bellabambiiina
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 212
Wed May 29, 2013 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody. I know I said a while back that I wanted to order a Safetox, but life got in the way. I wake up with these 11s, but I noticed that when I apply topicals such as Vitamin C serum and an HA/B5 serum the 11 wrinkles diminish considerably, so I decided to hold off buying the safetox as it is quite expensive, I dont see an easy way to get my money back if it doesnt work, and I know it would take time to figure out as well.

Now I seem to have pronounced nasolabial lines (at least when I look in certain lighting) and the slight formation of a droopy jowl, so I am looking at finally using my NuFace trinity I ordered from Nordstrom a while back but never used. I guess my concern is constantly shifting from one facial part to another. LOL
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
If beginners do the 3-point session at least once per day, is it the opinion of veteran Safetox users that we do at least the middle point at a different time of day (equaling the 2x day recommendation of the Safetox instructions)for the 4 month break-in period? Or is the 3-point sufficient to serve as the 2x daily dose requirement?

Feedback appreciated. Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
If beginners do the 3-point session at least once per day, is it the opinion of veteran Safetox users that we do at least the middle point at a different time of day (equaling the 2x day recommendation of the Safetox instructions)for the 4 month break-in period? Or is the 3-point sufficient to serve as the 2x daily dose requirement?

Feedback appreciated. Thanks!


Yubs, I found if I did even just the middle treatment 2x a day my face felt numb. So I prefer to just do a treatment 1x a day for 2 or 3 cycles.

Btw, I would only recommend the 3 point if you have some marionette lines, nasolabial lines, or jowls you want to work on. Otherwise just the middle is fine.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Thanks, bethany. I appreciate the tip. Apparently body4real is miffed with me for opening up an ebay ticket because they've blocked me from their ebay store. Guess I'll get spare electrodes from WinHealth.

How long do electrodes typically last, BTW?

FYI, I really like this little gadget! Wish I'd lemming'd this one years ago when this thread first came out. I'm seeing fairly impressive results with the Safetox (plus all the other stuff, I think the electrical therapies definitely complement each other). And I like using ASG after Safetox...seems to help pull my eyebrows up and keep them there. Woohoo!

I washed an electrode with a little bit of soap and water last night...it seemed to work fine this morning. The TacGel is messy stuff, though. I keep getting stuck to the tube, the electrodes, my Safetox, etc., and then when I grab a tissue or TP to wipe it off, the tissue/TP gets stuck. I wind up with bits of tissue/TP on my hands. Laughing I wonder why they don't put it in a tube with a needle nose like Neosporin? Seems like that would be easier to work with...doesn't it?


I rotate 4 electrodes at a time, and use them for at least a month. (Then they get too much cat hair on them, sigh). I haven't tried washing them yet though.

I personally apply the Tac Gel (very small amount) with the tip of my pinky...the smaller the "applicator" the less mess you will have.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
magsiemags
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 30
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:29 am      Reply with quote
sorry if this has already been mentioned, i have a Safetox,but i keep seeing people mention a 3 point Safetox, mine has just 1 point and i never saw any option to buy a 3 point one, so where do you get them from ?

thank you Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 am      Reply with quote
It is only marketed as a one point system, members here just started using it on two other places on the forehead.

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
magsiemags
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 30
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby for clearing that up for me, so would you do one side then the other side, then the middle, i will have to have a play around i think Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
magsiemags wrote:
Thank you Toby for clearing that up for me, so would you do one side then the other side, then the middle, i will have to have a play around i think Smile

Bethany was very successful with using the three points. I didn't like using the device in a way that it didn't fit securely on my head. Also I was satisfied with the results from the one point. On me the other two points didn't seem to have an effect. In saying that other members did see improvement.

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback, bethany and Toby!

bethany, alas, I have the beginnings of all three problems (marionettes, NL, jowls). I take heavily after my father and that's one reason I'm going so "whole hog" and investing so heavily in all these gadgets. He had all three, fairly badly. He looked good for a man but a woman definitely does not want to wind up like him! Laughing

So far Safetox is not making me numb, but I haven't used it all that long, either. How long did it take before you started going numb?

I may compromise and do 3-point once per day and the middle once, see how that does.

And LOL about the cat hair on your electrodes! I know the feeling. I have four cats and two big dogs and am always a little bit bewildered as to why I don't have hair balls. Hair gets in everything. Confused
magsiemags
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 30
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Yubs i am with you on this, i appear to be taking after my father also and i am doing every thing to prevent it,

i did try with the safetox on the 3 points, tried it on 3rd setting, omg not a good idea lol, but on the 2nd setting it was fine, i think i will give it a go and see how it goes Smile

i use to have filler & botox, but just cannot justify the on going expense, which is why i invested in a Pico Toner & Safetox,

thank you for every ones in put on these gadgets, may we all get younger and younger looking Laughing
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 1146
Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my ultrasound gel from ebay to perk up some of my old pads, works a treat!

PQ

_________________
Retired/ex member - my posts are not being kept up to date, as I have left EDS. So these posts are not my current thinking on these topics, my blog contains my current reviews. Home Beauty Device Reviews.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have been using my ultrasound gel from ebay to perk up some of my old pads, works a treat!

PQ


Thanks for the tip!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, bethany and Toby!

bethany, alas, I have the beginnings of all three problems (marionettes, NL, jowls). I take heavily after my father and that's one reason I'm going so "whole hog" and investing so heavily in all these gadgets. He had all three, fairly badly. He looked good for a man but a woman definitely does not want to wind up like him! Laughing

So far Safetox is not making me numb, but I haven't used it all that long, either. How long did it take before you started going numb?

I may compromise and do 3-point once per day and the middle once, see how that does.

And LOL about the cat hair on your electrodes! I know the feeling. I have four cats and two big dogs and am always a little bit bewildered as to why I don't have hair balls. Hair gets in everything. Confused


It only took a couple of days of doing the 3 point to make me numb. And I have 7 cats, so I have far more fur than I need or want, lol.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
MaryClaire
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 205
Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
1. If the safetox can lift and it is microcurrent, wouldn't the pico also lift?

2. Are there differences in technique or range of current that would make one work and not the other?

3. How can you tell when you have the little hanger in the right spot or does it matter? The metal strips are not exactly placed the same distance from the plastic hanger and I get different sensations on each side, one side more than the other.

I don't easily fall asleep but the safetox can really put me in a sleepy state. I have startled awake from the ending 'beep' on the safetox. And the lymph drainage is amazing. I had not used it for a 4-5 days and when I started up again, I was awaken several times in the night to swallow drainage material. Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:48 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
1. If the safetox can lift and it is microcurrent, wouldn't the pico also lift?

2. Are there differences in technique or range of current that would make one work and not the other?

3. How can you tell when you have the little hanger in the right spot or does it matter? The metal strips are not exactly placed the same distance from the plastic hanger and I get different sensations on each side, one side more than the other.

I don't easily fall asleep but the safetox can really put me in a sleepy state. I have startled awake from the ending 'beep' on the safetox. And the lymph drainage is amazing. I had not used it for a 4-5 days and when I started up again, I was awaken several times in the night to swallow drainage material. Rolling Eyes


I really don't have answers to Q1 and 2, so I'll just address Q3 for you.

If you look at the back (or inside) of your Safetox you will see the 2 metal strips sticking out that make contact with the 2 metal stripes on the electrode...all that really matters is that both sides connect. But if you see that one of the metal strips is pushed in a bit to far, you can GENTLY insert a pen and pull it out a bit. I had to do this after squashing mine by mistake. But I would try to avoid doing this unless there is a significant difference.

Sometimes I will feel more zapping on one side of my head that the other during a treatment, and I will just push the weaker side toward my face a bit and that seems to be enough to adjust it for the time being.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 am      Reply with quote
bethany, oh, yow, 7!! Brave cat lady, you! Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
bethany, oh, yow, 7!! Brave cat lady, you! Wink


Lunacy is all I can say. I diagnosed myself with "stress induced cat acquisition syndrome." lol. But I have cut myself off...NO MORE PETS!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I had to cut myself off, too. I started having nightmares that I was going to wind up showcased on an Animal Planet TV show for hoarding. Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
I had to cut myself off, too. I started having nightmares that I was going to wind up showcased on an Animal Planet TV show for hoarding. Laughing


They could have a double feature and showcase both of us!!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
leela7
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 13
Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, at least you cat ladies will look GREAT on Animal Planet with your smooth, stress free foreheads from the Safetox. Maybe you could combine Animal Hoarding with Safetox advertising? Could bring big bucks! LOL

On the Safetox website, the before and afters of the men are particularly compelling! The forehead lines are nearly GONE! It is impressive MaryClaire is getting so much lymph drainage.
I'm wondering if someone would mind clarifying; is the 3 point position just moving the electrode piece to the two sides of the forehead--where exactly do you place it?
How do you put it into your regimen--ie. 5 minutes per site on the face daily? And then if you are adding Pico, is that daily too?
Yikes, I'm scared I'm going to have to make this combating aging a full-time job!!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
leela7 wrote:
Hey, at least you cat ladies will look GREAT on Animal Planet with your smooth, stress free foreheads from the Safetox. Maybe you could combine Animal Hoarding with Safetox advertising? Could bring big bucks! LOL

On the Safetox website, the before and afters of the men are particularly compelling! The forehead lines are nearly GONE! It is impressive MaryClaire is getting so much lymph drainage.
I'm wondering if someone would mind clarifying; is the 3 point position just moving the electrode piece to the two sides of the forehead--where exactly do you place it?
How do you put it into your regimen--ie. 5 minutes per site on the face daily? And then if you are adding Pico, is that daily too?
Yikes, I'm scared I'm going to have to make this combating aging a full-time job!!!!


The 3 point treatment is just moving the electrode to above your eye brow and doing a treatment...it feels much more intense so start at Level 1. Then do on the other eyebrow. There is an image that Toby created earlier in the thread, but I don't know what page.

FYI that I do 2 cycles on each point once a day, but I don't do the 3 point every day (though I probably should). If I overdo it, my eyes are puffy the next day.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid & Professional Mitt (170 ml / 6 floz) Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Julie Hewett Lip Lush - Harlow (9g / 0.3oz)