Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

well i'm so far disappointed with the safetox as it seems to have made my brow drop - (sigh). The edges of my brows have dropped down, which is causing creases and folds at the corners of the eye, AND my 11's look worse. Strangely, this is what happens when I have botox, and I know that safetox is supposed to mimic what botox does, but I thought I'd try it for the lift and 'opening up' effect.

I was wondering if anyone who knows a bit about the muscle functions of the brow, would be able to advise on better placement of the electrode, that might give the lift so many of you ladies are experiencing ?

thanks in advance

Jackie xx
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I seldom have time to post here but wanted to thanks all those who have rec. this product. I researched & purchased & have been extremely pleased.

Finally an effective & safe product for the eradication of forehead wrinkle & 11's (at least in my case & I'm nearly 50)

Also a handy tip my husband taught me re the electrodes (he is an expert).

If it seems you are not getting enuf power it may not be your battery. First dab a little water along the gel part of the trode & this may really ramp up the power for at least several more uses prior to needing a battery change. HTH's someone.

Thanks again!

Jennifer
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Hi,

I seldom have time to post here but wanted to thanks all those who have rec. this product. I researched & purchased & have been extremely pleased.

Finally an effective & safe product for the eradication of forehead wrinkle & 11's (at least in my case & I'm nearly 50)

Also a handy tip my husband taught me re the electrodes (he is an expert).

If it seems you are not getting enuf power it may not be your battery. First dab a little water along the gel part of the trode & this may really ramp up the power for at least several more uses prior to needing a battery change. HTH's someone.

Thanks again!

Jennifer

Thanks so much for the tip. I am so glad you are pleased with the Safetox. I LOVE mine and it does a nice job with the 11's and the forehead wrinkles!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask how long it takes (on average) to see a lifting effect ? I really don't know whether to try and persevere with this device in the hope it will work. If not, I may have to look at selling it,

Jackie xx
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie, I'm younger and don't have the frown lines so can't really help for length of times to see results. But I will vouch for the device as being the real deal, and I think that having made the investment, it would make sense that you keep using it until there is no shadow of a doubt that it's not for you. How long have you used it for? Obviously the length of time till things improve will heavily depend on the condition of your skin when you started. ie, the worse the lines, the longer it will take.

Now to share my happy experience with the company. Many might remember my disappointment in being allergic to the electrodes. Well, wow, this company has outdone itself in resolving the issue. I was still using the cefaly, but not as much as I would have like to for best results due to a rash that required constant applications of cortisone. Therefore my results were not as good as they could have been.

I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying that they've finally manage to develop an electrode free of acrylates which are in most all sticky electrodes, and responsible for any irritation that happens in a small percentage of users. They then sent me out some to try.

I can happily say that the rash has entirely disappeared, and I have been able to use the cefaly as much as I need to to reduce the frequency and intensity of my migraines. The company is phenomenal in their service and quest for developing a user friendly product.

My husband absolutely loves it too, and uses it for relaxations, which is great as he can use up the electrodes I can't use! He has pretty pronounced elevens which seem to have improved slightly, but his usage is usually every other day, or 3-4 times per week. I would say it should be at least daily for real results. Mind you, cefaly is really for migraine not wrinkles, so I can't say for sure it would be that effective on wrinkles.

Just thought I'd update with the happy news!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
That's fantastic Trigger, I'm wrapped for you.

So do the new electrodes stick as long as the old ones do you know? As in will they last as long?

They really do sound like a great company sorting that, considering such a small percentage of people need it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger, that is great news - now, if you could just work on the price.........! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's really impressive! I'm so glad you'll be able to put it to full use now, trigger, and, hopefully, not suffer all those agonising migraines.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's pretty good service! They managed to develop the electrodes very rapidly working with another company. Apparently they're the only ones without the acrylates. They stick just as well as the others.

BTW, for those using the regular electrodes, I bought a tube of Tacgel, which cost a maximum of ten dollars, and have kept the stickiness to the electrodes for months and months now. I bought a pck of three, and have only been using one (my husband uses it now)!! Its this really sticky gel stuff that completely restores the electrodes ability to stick. I can't use it on my new type, as I think it's probably got acrylates Crying or Very sad , but I can't recommend the stuff more for everyone. Ten dollars to make an electrode last a life-time practically. Whenever the sticky wears off, I either dampen it, or maybe once every couple of weeks put a layer of the Tacgel on and voila! Total stickiness!

I've been using the cefaly as much as I should have been (which is a lot), and it's definitely having an impact on the frequency and severity of my migraines. They're greatly reduced, as is (thankfully) the amount of medication I take.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get tacgel at a drugstore? What is it's original purpose?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger - thanks for the brilliant suggestion of using the Tac Gel, I've ordered some online.

Tonia - Tac Gel is used for "gluing" electrodes to the face - perfect for our needs. I just Googled it and purchased it on the net.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Small question- does Tac Gel affects conductivity of the electrode?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I don't have a safetox device but am planning to buy one. I will definitely want the electrodes to last as long as possible.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
You're going to love the Tacgel Keliu! You'll never need to buy another electrode again! Did you buy from amazon? I did, and it came very quickly.

It's very sticky, but thankfully dissolves immediately in water. Just smear a thin layer on (I used my finger then washed it off). It will stay sticky for quite some time, and when it starts lessening, you can just dampen it with your wet finger and it will become immediately sticky again. Do this a couple more times when the sticky wears off, then in another couple of weeks you might want to put another layer of gel on. This tube is going to last years!

For best results, let the gel dry for a good few minutes after application before putting it on, and thin is best - otherwise you'll end up with some on your face which you'll then have to wash off. But it's an absolute miracle for getting great contact with the entire electrode and preventing the annoyance that happens when those edges start lifting!
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Small question- does Tac Gel affects conductivity of the electrode?

It's to improve conductivity. It's designed to use with electrodes that use the same technology (tens). Better contact with skin means better conductivity.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Does it touch the occipitalis? Im trying to figure out how it can have that effect. I see it would touch the centre of the forehead, which would relax that area but it mentions on the site it works this muscle as well. I've tried moving my ears and can't do it for the life of me, so this device is really appealing to me if it will grow this muscle stronger.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
If any one interested -

since there was a nagging doubt in my mind I asked a Biomedical Engineer what if any negative impact that addition of a gel (Tac gel) to the electrodes can have.

And the answer was that it may have negative impact, since it may change the resistance. Some med. grade sophisticated equipment measures the resistance and adjust the output they provide, some more primitive ones do not.

I asked him when he gets the chance to look on their web-page to see if it can impact the Safetox users.

The manufacturer should be able to give the answer to this specific question right away.

Did anyone ask?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
With regard to the Safetox patches - the "sticky stuff" doesn't actually come in contact with the actual electrode. The patches are like a sticking plaster, sticky on the underside which attaches to the skin. The headset attached to a plastic knob on the upper side.

I can't imagine any harm coming from placing a tiny bit of gel to enhance stickiness on the underside of the patch. But, of course, I'm no expert on such matters.

Anyway, maybe the guy from Safetox (sorry can't recall his name at the moment) will chime in here - he's always been so helpful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keilu where did you get the tac gel from?
amazon won't ship to me

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Does it touch the occipitalis? Im trying to figure out how it can have that effect. I see it would touch the centre of the forehead, which would relax that area but it mentions on the site it works this muscle as well. I've tried moving my ears and can't do it for the life of me, so this device is really appealing to me if it will grow this muscle stronger.

Hi Theresa Mary - the occipitalis is necessary in moving the ears! I learned to do this by doing a flex effect move called Scalp Flex. Feels like it is lifting your scalp up - really cool! I do it everyday just because it feels so good and I think it creates an overall lift to the face.
(PS: not trying to promote anything if anyone is worried. PM me Theresa Mary if you have any questions - just want to be helpful to you).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - if the electrical current is supposed to go thru that - then it may impact the outcome by altering the resistance, and I would not expect harm, I would expect making it less effective.

As I mentioned I am not using Safetox, I am considering it and had been for a while. Being vaguely familiar with med. equipment, electrodes and understanding how it works I was curious and checked. I believe the manufacturer should have the answer right away.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Keilu where did you get the tac gel from?
amazon won't ship to me

I found it on an Australian website - so it might be available in the shops here. But as I'm still in the Whitsundays, I ordered it on line.

https://www.sportstek.net/ttac.html

They charged me $8.80 postage, which sucks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Keliu - if the electrical current is supposed to go thru that - then it may impact the outcome by altering the resistance, and I would not expect harm, I would expect making it less effective.

The Tac Gel is supposed to be specifically for increasing the adhesiveness and conducting current. So I don't know how it would make it less effective - I'd be more worried about it increasing the effect. But, as I said before, I'm just guesstimating!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I spoke about it in email with the Paul from Safetox/Cefaly. Our conversation was whether or not the Tacgel had the substance that I'm allergic to (acylate). It probably does. But he thought the sticky gel was a good idea for customers to lengthen the life of the electrodes, and I think he even is considering developing or selling one as many people are turned off by the cost of the electrodes and how they don't last too long. He thanked me for the suggestion. I don't think he would have if they were somehow detrimental!

Unfortunately I can't use it on my new electrodes, as it most likely contains acrylates as do all gels used for tens electrodes, except for the new non-allergenic ones they developed.

I think he would have most certainly have told me if it was going to affect the performance of the device. Perhaps he'll chime in to calm down worried minds.

I found it made the conductivity return to the way it was when the electrode was brand new, due to the better contact. How can I tell? It almost blasts my brain out of my skull. I use mine at full strength, and sometimes I can hardly tolerate it. I can assure you there is absolutely NO reduction in strength of current. I'm sure Keliu will pipe up when she gets hers to second what I'm saying.

Just wish I could use it with my new electrodes, that's all! As it is, it will be used for my husbands now.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
That's great Trigger - for the rest of us at least! Very reassuring. I'll definitely let everyone know the results when I receive the gel.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |