Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
No, the STOP gel is far too sticky, I think it will be difficult to make a clean line between the two parts of the electrode.

I would suggest a very basic conductive gel can be used, for example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2x100ml-Original-ABGYMNIC-Conductive-Slendertone/dp/B001AMSDX8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1240255070&sr=8-2

PQ.
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
No, the STOP gel is far too sticky, I think it will be difficult to make a clean line between the two parts of the electrode.

I would suggest a very basic conductive gel can be used, for example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2x100ml-Original-ABGYMNIC-Conductive-Slendertone/dp/B001AMSDX8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1240255070&sr=8-2

PQ.

ok, that seems indeed cheaper to use in the long run, but doesn't the aluminium top on the electrode gets worn out after many uses?

I already use the electrode more than once actually..
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
The metal stud doesn't wear out.
PQ.
rbrooks

Mon May 11, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Just purchased the Safetox and am on day two. I can already feel how my muscles can now handle setting #3, when they could not yesterday.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
rbrooks wrote:
Just purchased the Safetox and am on day two. I can already feel how my muscles can now handle setting #3, when they could not yesterday.

Stick with it - this device really works!

PQ.
rbrooks

Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
My forehead feels "opened up" I do't know if it is, but hours later, my brows feel higher.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
This might show you how Safetox can open the eye area and lift it also work on the forehead wrinkles(last picture). I added the other pictures so you would be aware of the transformation with different devices and exercises.
Imagesorry for small size..all I had(this is before any facial exercises)I was outside and frowning with the sunlight6/07
After two years of facial exercises 11/08
after STOP- a series of stop treatments 2/09
after SAFETOX treatment for 4 weeks
Okay what I thought would be interesting to observe is the lift in the eyes and the diminish of the deep forehead lines. The picture that is after 2 years of facial exercises...my forehead wrinkles have been there since I was 10yrs old...very set from being a worrier and frowner. The facial exercises have been extremely effective for all of my face but my forehead needed more.The Stop tripollar treatments really got the the work started with the lines being diminished. The Safetox is working on paralyzing the muscles and still lifting the eye area. I now do no forehead exercises and very limited eye exercises. sorry if pictures and lighting aren't exact...I tried to my best ability and limited camera expertise. I do have more mascara on in this last picture which is somewhat altering but I think you can see the difference with the lift the Safetox is giving.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
last picture is 5/09
Toby

Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa, Toby... Shock what a fantastic result on you. It's as if your forehead lines are disappearing and just fading away! Plus that lift on the brow bone. If the Safetox people are smart, they will be reading this thread and pm'ing you to see if they can use your pics because the befores/afters of the women on their website turned me right off this little device. Your results, however, are impressive. You continue to look just like yourself, just a few lines less.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I think forehead lines are very difficult to diminish and in my case because I had them from childhood even harder. I really didn't expect much of a difference so you can imagine the shock when I started seeing them fade out. I think the Safetox is an amazing device to say the least.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Extremely impressive that's for sure. Very Happy How often do you use the Safetox?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 3:27 am      Reply with quote
In the morning and at night....sometimes I do several five minute sessions at a time at night. the morning session is usually once for five minutes. Also my sinus headaches are much less and I am in the middle of the allergy season.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Toby, do you think we all need to use the "STOP", SAFETOX, and EXERCISES? What is the treatment that did you the best?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Toby, do you think we all need to use the "STOP", SAFETOX, and EXERCISES? What is the treatment that did you the best?

Sherryfl,
I think a lot depends on your age, skin type, and problem areas. For me I focus on things to help sag and then tighten skin and muscles. I don't have pigmentation problems or a lot of regular wrinkling or dry skin. I needed the Stop to tighten sag,the facial exercises to tighten and tone..and build facial muscles, and Satetox to paralyzed the muscles that had been wrinkled on the forehead since childhood. It is rather remarkable that the forehead could make that kind of change in my 50's. You really need to assess you needs and what will address them the best. If I had started facial exercises early in life I honestly may not need the extras at this point...but starting at 52..I needed the BIG guns. I could have resorted to fillers and botox but I like to be in control of things and I enjoy the project of finding out what I can do on my own. I have made mistakes...Nuface being one but generally most things I have tried have worked and some things extremely well. But ...you have to keep it up to maintain the lift you need. No different from diet and exercise. Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Toby - The change is almost miraculous! Just goes to show what a little dedication and managing to find the right products to work for you can do.

I'm so impressed that I'm almost speechless. You could be a poster girl for any of those 3 treatments/devices. Very Happy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Fantastic results, Toby. Thank you for sharing. I'm really interested in fighting the
flattening out and sagging of my cheeks. Mars

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
OK! I have just received my Safetox and used it three times so far and I LOVE it. Find it very relaxing, and see an improvement already.

I'm wondering if anyone else is making their pads last longer with conductive gel?

My starter kit came with only 4 pads... I've used the same one the past three times and it seems fine.

How many times are you finding you can use the same pad, ladies?

I'm not sure whether to shell out for more pads, or - more economically - get the gel PQ kindly linked to.

Any thoughts, anyone?

And thanks to mpstat for alerting me to this groovy device!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I too and enjoying the benefits from the safetox in more ways than one. It is keeping the forehead smooth and it is keeping my headaches at bay through my worst allergy and sinus season. I do love it and have been faithful to morning and night use. I have extended the life of my pads by using surgical tape on the edges to hold them down...making sure not to cover any of the silver strips or the electrode. If you happen to cover the silver strips it won't work at all.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Surgical tape, Toby! Great idea, thankyou.

And thankyou for your inspirational pics, it's great of you to take the time to document changes, it's sooooo great to see.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Surgical tape, Toby! Great idea, thankyou.

And thankyou for your inspirational pics, it's great of you to take the time to document changes, it's sooooo great to see.
Well I am very committed to finding a way to look better by doing it myself.....and if I find something that works, I feel it is important to share. After all, we are in this aging journey together and we might as well look smashing as we go down that path!! Very Happy Thanks for the comment

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I think forehead lines are very difficult to diminish and in my case because I had them from childhood even harder. I really didn't expect much of a difference so you can imagine the shock when I started seeing them fade out. I think the Safetox is an amazing device to say the least.
Toby

Darn you...now you KNOW I am going to have to try this!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if they sell these in the U.S.?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
dream4more wrote:
Does anyone know if they sell these in the U.S.?

It appears that they do not, but I am going to be placing an order from a UK site on Monday or Tuesday...I am waiting to hear back from 2 sites on some questions.

Shipping to the US from the UK is really quite reasonable...far more reasonable than when I purchased my STOP from Win-Health. Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Just a tip... I used to use Frownies which I had to order online .... most times by morning i would find my Frownie stuck to my pillow or blanket or even the cat ... I had a box of BreatheRight Strips that I bought for my son when he had a bad sinus infection... eh I figured what the heck... I was out of my frownies and gave it a try... boy do they stick... and they work 100 times better than frownies... I sleep on my side.. and wake up with creases between my eyes which used to be gone completely in a few hours... now it's taking longer to go away and looks as if those 11 lines are starting to form.. that is why I was using the Frownie things... but now I use the BreatheRight strips... i use a scissor to cut off the lower part so they are arched like.. hmm hard to explain.. but i shape them like a V narrow between the eyes and then it sits just over my eyebrows .. and I apply it before my moisturizers or Retin A ... otherwise it does not stick... Now I don't have to order them online and they work better... I am interested in that Safetox thing..... I am just waiting to see if there are others that this is working for before i make the splurge...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I think Mpstat has commented about having success, maybe she will chime in.
Toby

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |