Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy yes it freaks my hubbie out! it defo feels like it is lifted without me having to do it - usually i ache after 30seconds of doing it, could never keep it lifted longer than a minute without it hurting

the gel'shouldn't' penetrate - its basically what is already on the pads, just replenishing it but defo less is more, i reckon one tube will last months and months

the Tac Gel doesn't really like my skin either - i get a red patch after wearing it but *touch wood* as long as I have washed it straight off it doesn't seem to be causing a long term reaction - might be worth taking an antihistamine beforehand but most important is to get it washed straight off and follow up with perhaps some aloe vera

Phew relieved about the head back thing!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am not having any issues with the Tac Gel from an irritation standpoint, and do agree that less is more.

Toby had mentioned earlier that it is best to let it dry a bit after applying the Tac Gel, and I have found that is definitely the case. I apply mine at least 10 mins before I plan to use it, and leave it sticky side up for the next 10 mins to reactivate the glue and get tacky. Then there is no slipping!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:

Ordered mine and waiting for it to get here. I wanted to re-read the thread again just to make sure all my questions were answered and found this info about the back of the head muscles being used after Safetox has been used consistently. The thing is that I already can move the back of my head aka wiggle my ears. I can pull my head back with no problem as I can control these muscles thus causing a lifting effect and smoothing out forehead, but of course, the lifting effect leaves when I pull my forehead down again/relax to muscles. If I can do this, will the Safetox not work for me then as I already have control over these muscles? Say it 'aint so as Safetox has been ordered already. Sad

I can wiggle my ears, etc. and the Safetox still helps me tremendously, so I would not worry at all!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
great! thanks so relieved that safetox can still help and relieved to know that the tac gel is safe to use.

Is it very hard to peel off? I have sensitive skin so dont want to be causing more damage to the skin. I even have trouble removing frownies pads from my forehead. I have to wet them down profusely before I can slide them off.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
great! thanks so relieved that safetox can still help and relieved to know that the tac gel is safe to use.

Is it very hard to peel off? I have sensitive skin so dont want to be causing more damage to the skin. I even have trouble removing frownies pads from my forehead. I have to wet them down profusely before I can slide them off.

It is not hard at all to remove after applying Tac Gel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Ooooh, OK. I missed that. I have applied the gel and put it straight on my face. I'll let it soak in for 10 minutes from now on. Thanks for the tip!

bethany wrote:
I am not having any issues with the Tac Gel from an irritation standpoint, and do agree that less is more.

Toby had mentioned earlier that it is best to let it dry a bit after applying the Tac Gel, and I have found that is definitely the case. I apply mine at least 10 mins before I plan to use it, and leave it sticky side up for the next 10 mins to reactivate the glue and get tacky. Then there is no slipping!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
You're going to love the Tacgel Keliu! You'll never need to buy another electrode again! Did you buy from amazon? I did, and it came very quickly.

It's very sticky, but thankfully dissolves immediately in water. Just smear a thin layer on (I used my finger then washed it off). It will stay sticky for quite some time, and when it starts lessening, you can just dampen it with your wet finger and it will become immediately sticky again. Do this a couple more times when the sticky wears off, then in another couple of weeks you might want to put another layer of gel on. This tube is going to last years!

For best results, let the gel dry for a good few minutes after application before putting it on, and thin is best - otherwise you'll end up with some on your face which you'll then have to wash off. But it's an absolute miracle for getting great contact with the entire electrode and preventing the annoyance that happens when those edges start lifting!

These are Triggers directions that helped me. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
*doh* i overdid the gel and sported a rather nice big red patch after doing 2 cycles today - defo less is more!

I changed my batteries on Monday so am going to try the other non Tac gel electrode tonight with a bit of water - am just worried it doesnt feel as if it is working as much as it did last week even with new batteries, new electrode and tac gel so will change everything again tonight and see how long they last from fresh

If they dont last til the weekend will give Win Health a call as am not convinced the unit itself is making full contact as it should
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
*doh* i overdid the gel and sported a rather nice big red patch after doing 2 cycles today - defo less is more!

I changed my batteries on Monday so am going to try the other non Tac gel electrode tonight with a bit of water - am just worried it doesnt feel as if it is working as much as it did last week even with new batteries, new electrode and tac gel so will change everything again tonight and see how long they last from fresh

If they dont last til the weekend will give Win Health a call as am not convinced the unit itself is making full contact as it should

I noticed that there are a few posts about irritation from the Tac Gel. Has anyone tried the Tensive Gel?

It is also a conductive adhesive gel but made by a different company. The product info says that it is non-irritating water soluble.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I mentioned Tac Gel on this thread back in August, with no response. Also mentioned Eneloop batteries and no response either. I used both Tac and Tensive Gel with my Cleo Q, which also uses electrodes (sold the Cleo on ebay). Confused

Tac Gel is slightly thinner than Tensive Gel, I'd say both are good. The Tensive pack worked out quite a bit cheaper, too. I'm not allergic to either, so can't comment on that.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I mentioned Tac Gel on this thread back in August, with no response. I used both Tac and Tensive Gel with my Cleo Q, which also uses electrodes (sold the Cleo on ebay). Confused

Tac Gel is slightly thinner than Tensive Gel, I'd say both are good. The Tensive pack worked out quite a bit cheaper, too. I'm not allergic to either, so can't comment on that.

Thanks for the information. In your opinion did you think one was stickier or performed better than the other?

I noticed when looking on the net for information about both...the Tensive Gel was stated to be non-irritating on several websites...I really didn't find that Tac Gel was non-irritating.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't notice a difference, apart from the consistency. I found as the gel built up on the pads it made the current "prickly" which felt horrible. That and the problems I was having with the Cleo Q's leads made me give up on it, as well as the lack of any visible results.

Photoqueen mentioned that he can use his pads for a long time with electrode gel. (on the Slendertone Face thread..I think)! Maybe I just slathered it on too generously!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use the smallest amount of Tac Gel possible. I just run a finger over the top of the tube, without even squeezing any out, and then rub that on the electrode. I still get enough stickiness from doing this. There's no need to go squeezing huge amounts out of the tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I got my tacgel yesterday and I love it. The electrode gel I had before was Spectra. That was the one that caused the irritation. It was not good at all. It was watery and not at all sticky. The tacgel is perfect. It is much more sticky and I didn't get any irritation from it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I spoke to Win Health and managed to talk to a really lovely lady who advised me to try the pensive gel (I am defo allergic to the Tac)and also advised that the batteries and electrodes do not need replacing that often as long as you have good conductive gel

She sent me a couple of sachets of the gel, 1 drop rubbed directly onto my skin, not the pad, let it dry slightly then put the pad on and Oh Yes! She also said to use micro pore tape as and when the stickiness goes or a teeny bit of water and laying back was fine - it's just all about getting the electrodes connecting - she also does several cycles all together

So with the new advice, I love it!

My only grumble or product upgrade I think is needed, is for the electrodes to be a bit sturdier/bigger as its the lack of connection when sat upright that seems to be the problem

One thing I need to ask though - has anyone ever noticed that they have raised one side of their brow more than the other? Or has been able to raise one side more than the other as have noticed I have an obvious difference that I would like to match up but not sure how?
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Grrr my pads need replacing - they are just not sticking any more - I need to hold them at the bottom when on and not sure the tape will keep them tight enough - and if i wet them i cant use the gel as it is water soluble *doh*

anyone managed to find them at a cheaper price than £20 for 12!?
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Manclass, are you sure you need to replace the pads? I've been using the same four pads for two months now. The electrode gel keeps mine sticky. Heck, those things are so expensive, I'd try Keliu's trick with the tape before I'd throw them out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
Grrr my pads need replacing - they are just not sticking any more - I need to hold them at the bottom when on and not sure the tape will keep them tight enough - and if i wet them i cant use the gel as it is water soluble *doh*

anyone managed to find them at a cheaper price than £20 for 12!?

Everyone is using Tac Gel to re-stick their pads - it works beautifully. BTW, I think it's Bethany who is also using the tape - I find the Tac Gel enough by itself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I seem to have just really trashed the electrodes - even with tac gel the edges aren't sticking and can feel a huge lack of power with both tac gel and the pensive conductive gel, so have ordered the 28pack from the safetox website and they are including and extra pack free so was £31 for 32 electrodes - will defo last me a long long time as I will start from scratch!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, UK prices are less than US prices. My cost is higher than that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Everyone is using Tac Gel to re-stick their pads - it works beautifully. BTW, I think it's Bethany who is also using the tape - I find the Tac Gel enough by itself.

No tape for me since I got the Tac Gel!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Weeeell am getting on better with it this week, think I just have to be very careful with the amount of TAC gel I apply, as too much just burns the skin into a lovely rectangle.

However, I have two questions;

Firstly - how do you guys travel with yours, especially in the US, as I am off to Vegas in 2 weeks and no way can I go without it - hold or hand luggage?

Secondly - if I wanted to make the improvement permanent, what is it I would be looking to have - upper blepharoplasty or an actual brow lift - or both!? Seeing the effects vanish when the Safetox hasn't been as powerful was really upsetting as it doesn't look like 'me' in the mirror
manclass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry am back again - have realised its the batteries not lasting - just finished my new 10 plus the original 2 and twigged that the batteries are only lasting 3-4days max

Am not sure what to do now as The lady from Win Health said she didn't need to replace hers often at all, and was sure I just needed the conductive gel but it doesn't seem to matter what I use (and the electrodes are fully touching so I know it's not that) the batteries are up 3 days later

Has anyone else had a similar prob?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose it depends on how many cycles you do everyday. I only do two - and I change the batteries weekly. If you're doing multiple cycles you're going to chew up the batteries much quicker.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Safetox last night and had a call tonight from Arnaud! Shock

He asked me to send it back to Belgium so they can have a look to see if they need to replace it - only problem is I wanted it whilst I was on hols so am desp hoping it can replaced before next Friday

Only thing is it's prob going to cost me a fortune in postage so will email again tonight to make sure they will reimburse me for it and maybe put some extra batteries in (or is that a bit cheeky to ask?)

On the plus side a friend I havent seen for 2 weeks said tonight she can defo see a difference so big thumbs up for the Safetox!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |