Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have noticed my 11's contracting a little bit too. I didn't think it was the device contracting the 11's, though. I thought it was me squinching with the pain. I was considering switching the center to my last point instead of starting with it, but Bethany made a good point about it numbing the center first. Hmmm, maybe I'll do one cycle on the center, do the other two points and then finish with a cycle on the center.

I'm so glad the Dr. agreed with the 3 point protocol. It's always good to have confirmation of what you already knew.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I sooooo love this thing. I was VERY Mad Mad Mad VERY stressed from work, and just fired off a few Safetox cycles. I feel much more relaxed now. Very Happy

Idea Now if they could just come out with a unit to massage my hands and feet at the same time... Shock Heaven!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
BTW, did you get exact instructions on how to best use the unit for Botox retention?

I need to drag out my manual, but how long do you wait to resume treatment after getting the injections done?

I think the manual says to wait a couple of weeks after having Botox and then to use it maybe a couple of times a week (I forget the number). Anyway, of course, I took no notice of all of that and used it the next day after getting Botox Rolling Eyes This is plain stupid I know, but what can you do when you're addicted to electrical charges zapping through your body?

But I also wanted to try out the three point thing. I always to the 11s first - I'm going to moving the electrode further away from the 11s and see how that goes.

Check out this link...very good info!
http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/physicians/how-to-combine-safetox-with-other-techniques.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Well, after much delay my Safetox has finally made its way to me from the UK Very Happy YAY!!!

I used it for the first time last night. At first I used it on program #1 and did fine, so I thought I'd do another cycle. But, when I pushed the button again nothing happened so I kept fooling around with it until it came back on and WOWZA!!! I don't know what program I actually landed on, but if it was #2 then I think #3 may send me into convulsions Wink

Actually, all kidding aside I think after I get used to it I'm going to be rushing to use it.

Thanks so much to all who have posted their reviews on this and for the info on how to use it more efficiently. It is soooo appreciated. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Well, after much delay my Safetox has finally made its way to me from the UK Very Happy YAY!!!

I used it for the first time last night. At first I used it on program #1 and did fine, so I thought I'd do another cycle. But, when I pushed the button again nothing happened so I kept fooling around with it until it came back on and WOWZA!!! I don't know what program I actually landed on, but if it was #2 then I think #3 may send me into convulsions Wink

Actually, all kidding aside I think after I get used to it I'm going to be rushing to use it.

Thanks so much to all who have posted their reviews on this and for the info on how to use it more efficiently. It is soooo appreciated. Smile

Song, I really love this item, and I hope you have equally great results. Let us know if you have any questions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
BTW, did you get exact instructions on how to best use the unit for Botox retention?

I need to drag out my manual, but how long do you wait to resume treatment after getting the injections done?

I think the manual says to wait a couple of weeks after having Botox and then to use it maybe a couple of times a week (I forget the number). Anyway, of course, I took no notice of all of that and used it the next day after getting Botox Rolling Eyes This is plain stupid I know, but what can you do when you're addicted to electrical charges zapping through your body?

But I also wanted to try out the three point thing. I always to the 11s first - I'm going to moving the electrode further away from the 11s and see how that goes.

Check out this link...very good info!
http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/physicians/how-to-combine-safetox-with-other-techniques.html

Thanks for that info. Sticking the patches over the needle sites is not a worry to me as I have never had any irritation. I still find the Safetox massage very intense, even with the Botox - so regardless of whether it's actually having any effect on the muscles, I still enjoy it. As long as I'm not doing anything detrimental, I'll keep on keeping on.

Bethany, do you still get Botox? - what's your opinion on using the Safetox as well?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Song, I really love this item, and I hope you have equally great results. Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks Bethany!!

I used it again last night. At times I felt myself clenching the sheets on my bed with my fists Laughing but kept reminding myself the instructions said that it cannot hurt me Very Happy

In a weird sort of way, I'm enjoying this. I guess only you girls that use this could understand that statement. I am wondering though, can you use it too often? Is there a limit to how many cycles you should do or how often? I am really hoping to see a decrease in my sinus/TMJ headaches as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I hear you, Songbird. It seems kinda kinky, but there's something oddly pleasant about this particular pain.

I also wonder at the upward limit of use. I have no problem sticking the thing on my head and pressing the button for an hour or more. I did not have bad 11s to begin with, but am seeing my entire forehead looking lifted and smoother. Very gratifying!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bethany, do you still get Botox? - what's your opinion on using the Safetox as well?

I only do my forehead (it's completely gone now, sigh) and NOTHING gets rid of forehead lines and 11's like Botox.

I definitely want to keep using my Safetox for the jowls benefit, but I also want to make sure that I don't compromise any future Botox by using the Safetox incorrectly. I am VERY resistant to Botox, so it takes a TON of units ($$$) to get rid of those darn lines. So maybe I'll drop Kevin a note and see if they have any updated advice for Botox users.

Or maybe I'll stay Botox free for a while longer, and see how much progress I can make with the Safetox + the STOP (which I haven't used in like a year). Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I only do my forehead (it's completely gone now, sigh) and NOTHING gets rid of forehead lines and 11's like Botox.

I definitely want to keep using my Safetox for the jowls benefit, but I also want to make sure that I don't compromise any future Botox by using the Safetox incorrectly. I am VERY resistant to Botox, so it takes a TON of units ($$$) to get rid of those darn lines. So maybe I'll drop Kevin a note and see if they have any updated advice for Botox users.

Or maybe I'll stay Botox free for a while longer, and see how much progress I can make with the Safetox + the STOP (which I haven't used in like a year). Confused

Do keep us updated on that progress bethany. I also get Botox (got some pretty strong 11's) and it would be nice to go longer between Tx.

In the short time I've been using Safetox, I have noticed my pouches under the corners of my mouth getting smaller!! And I've only been doing the one point Tx.

BTW - how mnay units do you get for your forehead?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well I'm still cracked up with laughter, way back at page 2 or 3 of this thread with Keliu wearing the Safetox whilst visiting her parents & they passed no comment whatsoever about it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My mind has been working overtime on what conversation they must have had with each other when they went to bed that night ......just brilliant Keliu, great story to repeat.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Between Keliu and PQ's comments about on lookers response to their Safetox made me see visuals of their experience every time I put my on for a while. I couldn't help but laugh out loud!
Remember PQ's post???
photoqueen wrote:
Had it for about 9 months - it freezes my whole forehead and lifts my eyebrows up - love it, love it, love it.

I do the house work in it and frighten the neighbours when I take out the rubbish, does them good.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird, the sensation does get better. It is SO intense when you first start using it but that decreases with time.

My DH says I look like Lieutenant Uhara on Star Trek. Every time he sees me with it on, he says, "Hi, Lieutenant."

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I love that post by PQ! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
When I put my Safetox on I tell my husband to think Wonderwoman
all he does is laugh! Rolling Eyes
Image....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - I've already been telling DH it's my Wonderwoman head gear!! Laughing Very Happy Laughing I think it would work great for a Halloween party this year!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby, I would like to direct this question to you since I know you do facial exercises. Do you think this device is a bit contradictory to the principles behind facial exercising? When you do FE there are exercises for the frontalis, corrugators, and procerus. This device is supposed to relax those muscles. Does this mean that you would abandon exercising those muscles when you are doing FE? Do you still do eye exercises? I guess this device would be more in keeping with the philosophy of Ageless which does not advocate exercising these muscles on a regular basis. I really am confused about this. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Toby, I would like to direct this question to you since I know you do facial exercises. Do you think this device is a bit contradictory to the principles behind facial exercising? When you do FE there are exercises for the frontalis, corrugators, and procerus. This device is supposed to relax those muscles. Does this mean that you would abandon exercising those muscles when you are doing FE? Do you still do eye exercises? I guess this device would be more in keeping with the philosophy of Ageless which does not advocate exercising these muscles on a regular basis. I really am confused about this. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have not done exercises for the forehead since I got the Safetox a year ago. I do agree with allowing the safetox to stabilize those muscles. Now as I say this please keep in mind I had a major issues with forehead wrinkles from childhood...not just an aging issue. I do some flexeffect eye exercises because they are so good for helping my dry eye issues(too much over use of contacts). I still do the scalp flex. This might be a good question for the Safetox company. I use a lot of facial expression all day because I am teaching or doing training sessions and I probably have over exercised these muscles in my every day life anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
packratmack wrote:

I have not done exercises for the forehead since I got the Safetox a year ago. I do agree with allowing the safetox to stabilize those muscles. Now as I say this please keep in mind I had a major issues with forehead wrinkles from childhood...not just an aging issue. I do some flexeffect eye exercises because they are so good for helping my dry eye issues(too much over use of contacts). I still do the scalp flex. This might be a good question for the Safetox company. I use a lot of facial expression all day because I am teaching or doing training sessions and I probably have over exercised these muscles in my every day life anyway.

I'd like to add that Safetox does not JUST inhibit muscles...it ultimately causes the mucles at the top and back of the head to become stronger. This is definitely in contrast to the FlexEffect view (I own both versions), but not necessarily Ageless (she didn't really think we needed to exercise the forehead muscles much at all). But those muscles were also easy to overbuild, so I think less is more in that instance and choose to go the easier Safetox route. Very Happy

I do still do some eye lid exercises too, but that's it. I think it would be interesting to do the FlexEffect routine without the forehead stuff and see what happened over time...I may end up doing that down the road.

Quote:
Safetox is a brand new anti-ageing skin care device, clinically proven to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and crow's feet. Safetox is a completely natural product that works by stimulating the facial muscles and re-establishing the dominant role of the upper muscles in the head. Doing away with the need of expensive creams, surgery and injections, Safetox is an anti-ageing skin care device with scientific results that prove is effectiveness. Medical tests have revealed that after just a few weeks of use, Safetox can reduce the number of wrinkles in the face by up to 65%.

How does Safetox work?

Your face is invariably active. There are a number of muscles directly under the skin that determine the movement, expression and general appearance of your face.

Safetox essentially serves to inhibit the muscles that cause wrinkles, and works on stimulating the muscles that are responsible for opening up the face and lifting the skin.

A number of factors including stress and fatigue can lead to tension, thus causing the muscles to contract within the central and upper part of the face. As a direct consequence, blood circulation is reduced, and wrinkles appear as a result of a frequent closure of the face, leading to adverse effects.

Safetox works to combat such issues, whilst reasserting the foremost role of the upper muscles of the head. Through this process, the face will be opened up, with the lifting of the skin. As a consequence, the wrinkles are thus reduced or eliminated.

A few sessions with Safetox produce better results than months of treatment using the best quality creams that incidentally, also cost a lot of money. In essence, it will serve to restore the muscular dynamics of a youthful face.

http://www.safe-beauty.com/Safetox.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Songbird, the sensation does get better. It is SO intense when you first start using it but that decreases with time.

I actually can't feel it much at all anymore, and WISH it felt stronger! Shock (and yes, I change my batteries every week)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tonia wrote:

I actually can't feel it much at all anymore, and WISH it felt stronger! Shock (and yes, I change my batteries every week)

I thought I remembered reading somewhere either in the book or the website that it was normal not to feel the intensity after time using it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and Toby, thank you for your responses. I guess this device could definitely be a compliment to FE. You would just have to adjust your exercise routine. Safetox could take care of the top part of your face, plus the muscles in the back of your head. The FE will take care of the lower parts of your face such as the jawline and neck. I really thought you were into the facial exercises Bethany. Just curious, I thought I read in this thread that people got relief with shoulder and neck tension from using this. Has this been the experience for anyone? I hope everyone has a nice relaxed expression on their faces after their treatments.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Safetox really helps with my headaches and it puts me to sleep....but so do light treatments!!!I am a sucker for any type of pampering! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Bethany and Toby, thank you for your responses. I guess this device could definitely be a compliment to FE. You would just have to adjust your exercise routine. Safetox could take care of the top part of your face, plus the muscles in the back of your head. The FE will take care of the lower parts of your face such as the jawline and neck. I really thought you were into the facial exercises Bethany. Just curious, I thought I read in this thread that people got relief with shoulder and neck tension from using this. Has this been the experience for anyone? I hope everyone has a nice relaxed expression on their faces after their treatments.

I was for a while, but got mega busy and stopped everything for maybe 9 months, and all the improvement was lost. Embarassed Then I started the Safetox back up with the 3 point treatment, and saw BETTER results with the Safetox in 2 weeks than I saw in 3 months with Ageless on my marionnette lines. (and I had great results with Ageless!) Shock Shock Shock

So the Safetox DOES address the lower face as well...see this diagram (and click on the lines) for more details. The timeframes they mention do NOT factor in the faster results with the 3 point treatment...they said 3 months for marionnette lines and mouth corners, but Tonia and I both saw results in 2 weeks. Very Happy

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

However, I do think that adding some occasional resistance exercises can help even more, which is why I still do eye exercises. But I am not going to add back any cheek exercises until I see exactly what the Safetox 3 point treatment can do on it's own.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
BTW - how mnay units do you get for your forehead?

I usually start with 50 for my forehead and glabellas, and then go back 2 weeks later for another 20 units or so. I typically spend about $900 across the 2 trips. I used to do it 3x a year, but have cut back to 2x.

BTW, I have tried 3 different injectors, including a National Botox Educator, and have had the same results with all 3. I made sure that all 3 were not overdiluting as well.

I may try Dysport just to see if I react differently.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |