Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used to do forehead exercicses, but unlike other facial exercises I was on a fence for the forehead part. And while I do facial exercises religiously, after about two years of doing forehead exercises I substituted forehead portion with Stop and Safetox treatments. I am still in the experimental zone for them, but it has been going well so far. I think that between Safetox and Stop they should take care of the forehead, and particularly 11s.

It may not take care of fine lines though, because a couple of my forehead fine lines although smoother, but still there no matter what I do. Otherwise I do not have wrinkles or fine lines.
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
dream4more wrote:
Does anyone know if they sell these in the U.S.?

It appears that they do not, but I am going to be placing an order from a UK site on Monday or Tuesday...I am waiting to hear back from 2 sites on some questions.

Shipping to the US from the UK is really quite reasonable...far more reasonable than when I purchased my STOP from Win-Health. Rolling Eyes

Thanks Bethany. Can you let us know what their replies are when you get them and who has the best value for the U.S. This looks like something that works so good especially after looking at Toby's results. It sold me!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
dream4more wrote:
bethany wrote:
dream4more wrote:
Does anyone know if they sell these in the U.S.?

It appears that they do not, but I am going to be placing an order from a UK site on Monday or Tuesday...I am waiting to hear back from 2 sites on some questions.

Thanks Bethany. Can you let us know what their replies are when you get them and who has the best value for the U.S. This looks like something that works so good especially after looking at Toby's results. It sold me!

I just ordered mine from Body4Real.co.uk...they had great ratings on Amazon, reasonable shipping fees, and took Paypal. And I couldn't find any lower price.

The total cost ended up being Ł183.31 after VAT was subtracted at checkout, which converts to about $291. That is still less than one Botox treatment for me (since I am Botox resistant) so I think it's worth trying.

Happy (upcoming) Birthday to me! Very Happy

Editing to add: I just noticed that Paypal actually charged me for $309, and here is their reason why:

Rate of Exchange: The above exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. If and when the Recipient chooses to withdraw these funds from the PayPal System, and if the withdrawal involves a currency conversion, the Recipient will convert the funds at the applicable currency exchange rate at the time of the withdrawal, and the Recipient may incur a withdrawal fee.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just ordered mine from Body4Real.co.uk...they had great ratings on Amazon, reasonable shipping fees, and took Paypal. And I couldn't find any lower price.

I got an email from B4R today making sure that I knew that their products were priced in pounds sterling. They didn't want me to be surprised by the conversion to USD, and wanted to confirm my purchase.

That's actually pretty good service right up front!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
My Safetox has shipped! It will probably show up when I'm traveling for work next week, sigh. Of course, I can just see myself getting pulled out of the security line to explain what my Wonder Woman headband does. Rolling Eyes

I used to travel with my Emjoi, but everytime I got pulled out during the xray scanning, I ended up having to explain to some TSA woman how it worked and where she could get one. It now stays at home, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you already using the Safetox - does it actually paralyse the muscles like Botox so that you are unable to frown, or does it just make the muscles lie flat?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:12 am      Reply with quote
This site will probably answers a lot of questions http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/the-principles-behind-it.html
The device is very strong with contractions that are different from other mircrocurrent devices and the forehead looks right after the treatments.....very smooth and flat. The daily use is retraining some muscles to lay flat and others to open up. It has a great affect on the eyes as well as the forehead....and again it is strong Shock I LOVE it!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, do you have the pose or the stop?
I too am Botox resistant. I am very interested in saving $$ from Botox.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Toby, do you have the pose or the stop?
I too am Botox resistant. I am very interested in saving $$ from Botox.

Girlfriend, I have them all Laughing when you hit the 50's it is time to bring out the BIG GunsImageSeriously first I got the Stop, which for me was extremely effective, then on to the Safetox and Pose. I find all of them have been great investments.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This site will probably answers a lot of questions http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/anti-wrinkles/the-principles-behind-it.html

I thought this was interesting:

Quote:
Botulism Toxin? Is Safetox the same as botulism toxin?

The basic action principle is similar: to relax the muscles that cause wrinkles.

Botulism Toxin produces a paralysing and very localised response whereas Safetox has a more overall and gentler action.

The advantage of Safetox is that it re-establishes the muscular dynamics of a youthful face and solves the problem of tension lines.

In many cases, this is sufficient. However, in older people with deep and well-established wrinkles, the treatment regimen is more subtle, with botulism toxin used in conjunction with Safetox for maximum effectiveness and to achieve more natural effects: Safetox produces an overall response, which is enhanced by botulism toxin with its very localised action on deep and well-established wrinkles.

Moreover, the use of Safetox means that botulism toxin injections remain effective for three times as long

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very good link...it shows 11 different wrinkles. Click on each one and it will tell you if Safetox can address them, and how long it will take.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

Examples:

Quote:
Wrinkles around the eyes

Some people are more likely than others to screw up their eyes, and therefore to develop a concentration of wrinkles around the eyes. This is the classic “small eyes” problem which can prevent models presenting a beautiful face on photos.

Do what they do: after just one Safetox session, or two consecutively, your whole face begins to bloom and the contractures in the orbital muscles and those in the central and upper parts of your face disappear. Your face opens up and your eyes appear larger.

However, in order to reduce the wrinkles around the eyes, Safetox studies have shown that prolonged, regular use is required: 4 to 6 months of daily sessions.

Quote:
Small wrinkles around the mouth

Safetox is not able to reduce small wrinkles around the mouth and is not appropriate for treating this problem. The only option in this case is to resort to other techniques such as injections of hyaluronic acid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany thanks for pointing out that part of the link because I hadn't taken the time to go though all of it. I really haven't done hardly any eye exercises this last month and was surprised that I have started seeing my eyes open up so much....now I know why!!This is really great news, it appears this little gadets covers a multitude of issues in a effortless way. Dancing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Have to agree, I really love this product as well! Purchased it as a whim with the STOP machine from Win Health.

When you first use it, it is very strong, now it does not bother me any-more. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Have to agree, I really love this product as well! Purchased it as a whim with the STOP machine from Win Health.

When you first use it, it is very strong, now it does not bother me any more. Very Happy

I think it was Mpstat that compared the sensation to having pliers twisting your forehead Laughing Now I am more than accustomed to the zapping of the mirctocurrent devices but this is a new dimension....now it feels absolutely wonderful Very Happy
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

When you first use it, it is very strong, now it does not bother me any more. Very Happy

I think it was Mpstat that compared the sensation to having pliers twisting your forehead Laughing Now I am more than accustomed to the zapping of the mirctocurrent devices but this is a new dimension....now it feels absolutely wonderful Very Happy
Toby

That is right. With fresh patches and new batteries it still causes me the same POWERFUL pliers sensation Shock This thing contracts muscles sooo much...In addition to recommended patches placement I use them above each eyebrow, and my eye brows get raised up to my hair line Exclamation from muscle contractions.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
This is very interesting that the Safetox increases the duration of Botox. They also claim that the lower half of the face can benefit from its use - now I'm really interested.

The site has it for 178.99 pounds less VAT plus they sell internationally. http://www.superfooduk.com/safetox-2828-p.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is very interesting that the Safetox increases the duration of Botox. They also claim that the lower half of the face can benefit from its use - now I'm really interested.

I bought it solely for the (hoped for) forehead benefits, but was thrilled to see that it can possibly impact so many other things.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany it is really good for stress and I know you mention you have a heavy work load. My sinus, and allergy issues are the best that they have been in a while and the headaches are almost done to none. All of this for me would have made it worth it..... but the results of the forehead are the big bullet!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Bethany it is really good for stress and I know you mention you have a heavy work load. My sinus, and allergy issues are the best that they have been in a while and the headaches are almost done to none. All of this for me would have made it worth it..... but the results of the forehead are the big bullet!! Laughing

Stress is a major killer for me, and I don't anticipate things getting better for some time, so that is great news!

I can actually wear it right here at my desk while I work...it can't get much easier than that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
... In addition to recommended patches placement I use them above each eyebrow, and my eye brows get raised up to my hair line Exclamation from muscle contractions.

Clarification: eye brows get raised up during the treatment, not afterwords. For sure I would not want such an abnormal look Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
As it turned out brand name batteries are stronger then generic ones. I got generic batteries from Walgreens, and the delivery just was not there, so I ended up going back to the store the same day, and getting brand name batteries. There was a noticeable difference in treatment strength. But in any case they should be changed every couple days or so to maintain decent strength level.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
As it turned out brand name batteries are stronger then generic ones. I got generic batteries from Walgreens, and the delivery just was not there, so I ended up going back to the store the same day, and getting brand name batteries. There was a noticeable difference in treatment strength. But in any case they should be changed every couple days or so to maintain decent strength level.

I had the exact same experience with Walgreens garbage batteries for my mouse!

But I had no idea that the Safetox requires the batteries to be changed that often! Shock

What size does it take?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Two AAA batteries.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Two AAA batteries.

Drat...I was hoping they would be AA so that I could then move them to my mouse. But at least my keyboard uses AA.

Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I've been following this thread with interested and have been pretty much sold on the idea - but I am now definitely aiming to buy it after learning about the beneficial effects on headaches and allergies. Sounds perfect!

Thank you all for your great reviews and advice on it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |