Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
Kind of like one car jumpstarting 2 others at the same time. Very Happy

Sounds like you're playing at being Dr Frankenstein to me! Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Are there any problems with using the Safetox and the AALS on the same day? Should the use of these two tools be seperated by a number of hours or is there a chance that one will work against the other? Thank you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
I have a cunning plan. A way to connect 3 safetox electrodes together and run them at the same time.

All three electrodes are to be placed on the forehead, with the middle electrode in the definitive safetox position. The safetox will be clamped on as usual, and operated in the typical manner. 2 Wire pairs will go out from the center electrode to the left and the right.

Assume a yogic position. Now look at the golden arches of McDonald's. Now cross your eyes a little. Now you are seeing double golden arches, or 2 "M's semi overlapping. So there are 3 places (ok 6) that are touching the "ground". The middle of the M will be the middle electrode and end of the left & right "legs" of the M will be the right and left electrode.

There are 2 wires going to the left electrode and two wires going to the right electrode. I plan to use 24 gauge insulated wire. And attach them to the metal strips of each electrode. The magic material I am going to use is SILVER OXIDE EPOXY. This is an 2 part epoxy that amazingly can conduct electricity very well. I have the epoxy and wires and hope to "glue the wire to the electrode.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

I bet that will suck the life out of the batteries!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Parsnip wrote:
Are there any problems with using the Safetox and the AALS on the same day? Should the use of these two tools be seperated by a number of hours or is there a chance that one will work against the other? Thank you.

Parsnip, I really don't think there is any conflict, since Safetox is working muscles and the AALS is focusing on skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Parsnip, I use both. The modalities are totally different so I don't see a conflict between the two (or with any of the other things I use such as Tanaka, vaculifter, etc etc etc).

Max, I am not an EE, but seems to me that you're only going to get so much juice out of those batteries, and if you divert that power into three electrodes you will get wimpy results.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm about to buy the Safetox kit, but have a quick question: how long does 1 pack of 4 electrodes last? Should I buy Safetox Refill Electrodes as well?

Thank you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I'm about to buy the Safetox kit, but have a quick question: how long does 1 pack of 4 electrodes last? Should I buy Safetox Refill Electrodes as well?

Thank you!

I would suggest buying a refill pack and putting it in the fridge. Then buy a tube of TacGel to prolong the electrode stickiness...you will be set for a very long time!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I am totally addicted to my Safetox now, & while I do use it at least once a day, normally in the morning, I will leave it on for about 3 cycles - I am not good at using it before going to bed, so feel this equals out my daily quota of lift from it.

However, I have a question. This summer we are off sailing on the Adriatic for a week with 2 other couples (6 of us) I do not really want to take any of my gadgets on the boat, the only one I am nervous of leaving behind is the Safetox. Has anyone any experience of what will happen to my opened eyes if I do not use the Safetox for the week?

The thought of being seen by the others wearing it or indeed going through customs & it being opened, has conjured up some pretty scary scenes in my imagination! All too embarrassing Embarassed

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I would just tell people that it's a headache relief device, which is true. You don't have to point out that you aren't using it for headaches.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Or - tell them it's relieving the tension in your forehead for the day (all that sun and cocktails can give your forehead that tight feel, you know). Very Happy

I usually do a sailing trip every year in the Carribean and know it would be hard to bring it. Once you wash up in your cabin (I assume you have separate heads?), you should be fine in the PM. Maybe stay hidden in the AM until you're done, too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
I am totally addicted to my Safetox now, & while I do use it at least once a day, normally in the morning, I will leave it on for about 3 cycles - I am not good at using it before going to bed, so feel this equals out my daily quota of lift from it.

However, I have a question. This summer we are off sailing on the Adriatic for a week with 2 other couples (6 of us) I do not really want to take any of my gadgets on the boat, the only one I am nervous of leaving behind is the Safetox. Has anyone any experience of what will happen to my opened eyes if I do not use the Safetox for the week?

The thought of being seen by the others wearing it or indeed going through customs & it being opened, has conjured up some pretty scary scenes in my imagination! All too embarrassing Embarassed

If you check out the instructions for the device it advises daily use(twice a day for a certain period of months) and then use in a maintenance way. I know that you feel you will lose results if you miss a week but mine have not. I did follow the instructions for use and used it twice a day for four months and then went into a maintenance phase. I have not lost any results at all. I will tell you I have speeded up results by using frownies at night. The lift in the eyes and forehead in conjunction to the safetox is rather amazing. I now can go a couple of weeks and still not lose results. I have been using it since March of 2009.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, A while back I remember you saying to hold off purchasing the Safetox. Do you have any new information? Are they coming out with a new model? Did it have something to do with a discount? Thank you.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Girls, a big thank you for all your helpful replies.

If I do decide to go without my Safetox, I will report back on whether my face falls apart or not without it! Tee-hee Laughing

The difference each morning when I have used it is clearly visible. I note Toby's comments, which give me confidence to leave it behind, but heh us girls like to try & look our best.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
However, I might hold off on ordering for a little bit...I had a very interesting email conversation with the manufacturer this week regarding EDS, and we will be continuing it next week. I'll keep you posted!

Hi Bethany,

Can you please provide more information about your recommendation to wait? Do you think that EDS will have it soon? If yes, do you know how soon?

Thank you very much.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone... Miss me?

EUREKA IT WORKS !!! Now I have a way to be celibate, handsome, and happy Laughing It feels really good!!!

I used the silver oxide epoxy to wire my 3 Safetox electrodes (ets) together. I pondered many restless nights over the configuration. If you imagine the center et has a +|-, then there are 2 ways to configure three ets. +|- +|- +|- or -|+ +|- -|+. I went with the latter as I felt there would be less interference between the ets, better isolation, that is if that is better. Although both are probably ok.

I don't expect rapid battery depletion as the extra ets do not cause the unit to use more charge. The charge is simply split between 3 ets. 3 ets don't seem to reduce charge to each by a third. More like level 3 feels like a 2.5, but nice feeling right across my forehead. I've pumped up 2 lithium (not ion) batts to 2.08v and I'm back up to original feeling.

I'll have to see about the long term beauty benefit on my forehead and will report back.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
My wishlist for the next model of Safetox.

1) Five power levels, 1st three levels same as now, plus 2 higher.
2a) Built in lithium ion (Li-on) rechargeable batteries
2b) Optional rechargeable power-pack for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro
3) Ac adapter which recharges batteries, or will supply current directly if the batteries are full AND user is wearing the device. Like how a laptop charging system works. Must be 110v-240v variable AC input.
4) Three point electrode output
5a) Three or more programs. Like an exercise bike. So your muscle and nervous system doesn't get used to the expected stimulation, resulting in "cellular apathy" and plateau/saturation.
5b) Can set 10 ot 15 min sessions
6) True micro-current mode that will stimulate fibroblasts. Should allow for up to 45 min treatment. Who doesn't love a plump forehead?
7) Regulated output power. Regardless of battery level, the output current is the same. When battery level drops low unit stops working or drops down to Microcurrent mode.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
Now I have a way to be celibate, handsome, and happy Laughing It feels really good!!!

Are you being completely up-front with where you're placing these electrodes? Bad Grin

But 10 out of 10 for ingenuity - although it's all way too complicated for me.

I'm now using rechargeable batteries - but I'm not sure they're giving me the same "punch" as ordinary disposable ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
Hi Everyone... Miss me?

For sure. I was afraid you'd electrocuted yourself. I like your wishlist -- the safetox has ridiculously limited features given its price. We should at least be able to set the time, as pressing that silly button every five minutes is a hassle.

Maybe you can post a photo of your creation so that the rest of us can admire it?
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I'm shy about photos but here is an anonymous one. Okay not so pretty, my first time. The blobs are not lead solder. No heat was used. The silver blobs are silver oxide epoxy. They conduct electricity quite well. Can only buy at a geeky electronics supply store. I would like to find a thinner insulated wire where the metal inside is not a solid wire but stranded. More thin and flexible.

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
MaxDamian wrote:
Now I have a way to be celibate, handsome, and happy Laughing It feels really good!!!

Are you being completely up-front with where you're placing these electrodes? Bad Grin

I'm choking with laughter here! You two are cracking me up! Laughing

Max, I have to say that you are indeed ingenius! I can see us all buying soldering irons and busying ourselves in little workshops!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian, I saw your Photobucket name earlier when you originally posted. Bad boy! Sit on the naughty step! Laughing

Seriously though, kudos to you for being so smart! What a great idea! (Still hankering after yet another toy, don't have this one).

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
MaxDamian, I saw your Photobucket name earlier when you originally posted. Bad boy! Sit on the naughty step! Laughing

ljk, actually you can still right click on the picture > properties. I had no idea Embarassed

majorb, this is not solder. This is silver oxide epoxy. No soldering irons needed. Just like 5 min epoxy except it conducts electricity.

No accelerated battery drain so far since I test as I go along. Power usage same as one et so far. Will let you gals know if anything changes.

rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian wrote:
My wishlist for the next model of Safetox.

1) Five power levels, 1st three levels same as now, plus 2 higher.
2a) Built in lithium ion (Li-on) rechargeable batteries
2b) Optional rechargeable power-pack for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro
3) Ac adapter which recharges batteries, or will supply current directly if the batteries are full AND user is wearing the device. Like how a laptop charging system works. Must be 110v-240v variable AC input.
4) Three point electrode output
5a) Three or more programs. Like an exercise bike. So your muscle and nervous system doesn't get used to the expected stimulation, resulting in "cellular apathy" and plateau/saturation.
5b) Can set 10 ot 15 min sessions
6) True micro-current mode that will stimulate fibroblasts. Should allow for up to 45 min treatment. Who doesn't love a plump forehead?
7) Regulated output power. Regardless of battery level, the output current is the same. When battery level drops low unit stops working or drops down to Microcurrent mode.

I hope someone from Safetox is following this thread Wink . Should we start collecting signatures??? Laughing Cool

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:

I hope someone from Safetox is following this thread Wink . Should we start collecting signatures??? Laughing Cool

They'd do well to give MaxDamian a job in their R&D team, I reckon! Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
rubby wrote:

They'd do well to give MaxDamian a job in their R&D team, I reckon! Laughing

I will definitely pass this on to Kevin...I had alerady discussed the higher levels and that is a definite possiblity. But I don't know on the other stuff!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |