Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I find other people's jowls extremely entertaining! My own give me nightmares!

Yes, what is this new toy? I'm about due for one.

Hey, I can laugh or cry at the jowls, and I am choosing to laugh...until I get rid of them, of course. Bad Grin

The new toy was the rejuvenique mask I mentioned earlier...it must be doing something because I have had 2 people comment on my face (and it does look less round since using it).

But I can't live without the Safetox...the droop on one side of my face when I stopped using it confirmed that! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
So you're still using the Rejuvenique? As you know I'm using the Slendertone Face - but I don't really like it. I hate the way it squishes your face up and makes everything look worse. Plus you can't use it in the morning because it leaves marks on your face.

Do you use the Rejuvenique lying down? Is it just a relaxing massage type of thing? Does it leave marks on the face?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
No offence, just wonder. I'm very pleased with the Safetox results so far.
Kiley
5% products discount

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 am      Reply with quote
After a week of use, I changed the batteries in my Safetox for the first time yesterday. I had a hard time getting the battery doors to re-latch. Has anyone else experienced this?

kiley
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Kiley wrote:
After a week of use, I changed the batteries in my Safetox for the first time yesterday. I had a hard time getting the battery doors to re-latch. Has anyone else experienced this?

kiley

I find mine don't snap shut by themselves - I have to click the little latch thing up. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have problems with having it on and then you start to work around the house and it signals off....obviously losing contact. If I am laying down it stays fine but when I get up and move around it cuts off. Any thoughts about this?

5% products discount

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
This happens to me, too, Toby, when I have it on one of the over-the-eyebrow positions. So I just have learned to lie down. Wink

kiley
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I find I have to remain perfectly still - even if I move my forehead, it goes off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Mine did this on & off nonsense one day & I thought it was broken, but it has not repeated this trick since. I think the battery door cover had become unlatched.

I never lie down for using mine (I have too many other things to lie down for ). I always clear up after breakfast wearing it. Each time it signals that 5 minutes are up, I slide up the blue bit & press down the contact pad to make sure it is well attached, then I reattach the blue bit & go again. I usually do 3 or 4 X 5 minute goes like this. This loads & unloads the dishwasher & allows general kitchen tidying - 2 jobs in one Laughing

Then I go & lie down to use the Slendertone Face Rolling Eyes

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Safetox users I rigged a system to keep my Safetox on tight so I can move around and do what I need to. I connect rubber bands together and attached it to both ends of the device so I have a totally connected unit. It stays on great and will attach to even the weakest electrode that has very little stick to it and still provide lots of KicK!

Also I ordered some Gum Arabic Glue off ebay and I am currently working on making my own frownies(that is the glue used in frownies....will keep you informed on how they work!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
So you're still using the Rejuvenique? As you know I'm using the Slendertone Face - but I don't really like it. I hate the way it squishes your face up and makes everything look worse. Plus you can't use it in the morning because it leaves marks on your face.

Do you use the Rejuvenique lying down? Is it just a relaxing massage type of thing? Does it leave marks on the face?

I do use it laying down, and it also leaves marks that last for quite some time!

But I do find it relaxing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kiley wrote:

kiley

I find mine don't snap shut by themselves - I have to click the little latch thing up. HTH!

Same here...close the door, and push the latch up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using my Safetox for two weeks. I noticed that my under eyes are more puffy after using it. I remember Bethany saying this could happen. My upper lids are puffy too. Do you think this effect will eventually subside? Has this happened to anyone else? On the Safetox website it says the device can help with puffy under eyes so, I hope that I won't get the puffiness after I use it for a while.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I've been using my Safetox for two weeks. I noticed that my under eyes are more puffy after using it. I remember Bethany saying this could happen. My upper lids are puffy too. Do you think this effect will eventually subside? Has this happened to anyone else? On the Safetox website it says the device can help with puffy under eyes so, I hope that I won't get the puffiness after I use it for a while.

That is caused by lymphatic drainage. It should get less over time.

If it doesn't, you may want to cut back on your usage a bit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, Thanks for the quick reply. I use it for two level three cycles between the brows. I also use it for one level three cycle above each brow every few days. I use it everyday. Do you think I should skip days or do less cycles. I really don't do that many cycles. Maybe I should skip the points above the brows. Do you think this will eventually stop being an issue? Thank you.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Bethany, Thanks for the quick reply. I use it for two level three cycles between the brows. I also use it for one level three cycle above each brow every few days. I use it everyday. Do you think I should skip days or do less cycles. I really don't do that many cycles. Maybe I should skip the points above the brows. Do you think this will eventually stop being an issue? Thank you.

I would not stop doing the points above the brow...those points gave me the most improvement in the shortest amount of time. And you aren't doing too many cycles.

Why not try using it every other day and see how that goes...you should also watch and see if you have any puffiness on the non-Safetox days. If you do, it could be water retention from sodium intake, allergies, etc.

You could also try doing a lymphatic drainage massage after using the Safetox to help remove the fluid...you can see examples of this at the beginning of the Tanaka video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI&feature=related

I would also look at the time of day you are using the Safetox...if you do it before bed, sleeping with your head elevated might also help.

Keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I've also been using Safetox for over a month and noticed nothing but eye bags Embarassed I'm doing 3 cycles 2 times a day. May be, it's better to do it one 2 cycles 1 time in the morning ?

bethany, how do u fix ur Safetox above the brow? Mine is not working in this position, I start it but then it immediately stops working.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I've also been using Safetox for over a month and noticed nothing but eye bags Embarassed I'm doing 3 cycles 2 times a day. May be, it's better to do it one 2 cycles 1 time in the morning ?

bethany, how do u fix ur Safetox above the brow? Mine is not working in this position, I start it but then it immediately stops working.

I would cut back and see if your eye bags decrease. I would also do the lymphatic massage I mentioned above.

Regarding placement of the Safetox above the brow...I can only do this laying down, or mine shuts off too. You might also need to shift the electrode a little farther toward the center of the brow to make it fit better and have a better connection with the elctrode.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Earlier I posted that I had made a make shift band to hold the Safetox to the head so I could put it on any of the points and walk around. Well it works so well and the jolt is way more intense. The other day I almost had to remove it because of the intensity. So..... the connecting band not only keeps it in place which allows me to move about but it also causes the zapping to be highly intensified. Go for the jolt! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Earlier I posted that I had made a make shift band to hold the Safetox to the head so I could put it on any of the points and walk around. Well it works so well and the jolt is way more intense. The other day I almost had to remove it because of the intensity. So..... the connecting band not only keeps it in place which allows me to move about but it also causes the zapping to be highly intensified. Go for the jolt! Shock

Toby, I had posted about one I had made as well using a sunglasses strap, but I don't think it was as tight as your rubber band one. I'll have to try again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I remembered that you had done something and that gave me the idea. The rubber band one is really crude but snug and it enables the machine to really deliver better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I remembered that you had done something and that gave me the idea. The rubber band one is really crude but snug and it enables the machine to really deliver better.

Toby, how do u use the rubber band? Confused

bethany, thank you for the great idea, I reduced the number of cycles and doing Tanaka massage after each Safetox use ( 2 times a day).
WOW, my face looks a bit smaller even right after the massage and circles are reduced!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for the req. Will have to give the rubber band idea a try. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany, thank you for the great idea, I reduced the number of cycles and doing Tanaka massage after each Safetox use ( 2 times a day).
WOW, my face looks a bit smaller even right after the massage and circles are reduced!

Great! Keep us posted on how things go. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
What is the rubber band idea?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |