Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Very crude....I know that some of you can develop a more sophisticated band. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I have not used my Safetox for a couple of months, and as expected, I definitely saw some regression in improvements (like my eyelids dropped again).

I just had pics taken at my dermatologist yesterday, so I am starting the Safetox back up...I'll look at new pics in 2 weeks, and share if I see any improvement! I'll then do them again in a couple of months.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Wonderful idea! Thank you Bethany!
Parsnip
5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 am      Reply with quote
And Toby, thank you as well, I am having success with the rubberband idea.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, I have tried the Safetox a few times and don't care for the feeling when using it. I am going to sell it but don't know if it is okay to sell it in the U.S. as I don't see any for sale here on ebay. I got it from a U.K. online retailer. Does anyone know?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
Hello all, I have tried the Safetox a few times and don't care for the feeling when using it. I am going to sell it but don't know if it is okay to sell it in the U.S. as I don't see any for sale here on ebay. I got it from a U.K. online retailer. Does anyone know?

I would think it would be fine to sell it here. Also I have a friend interested in buying it. Please send me a pm here. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:

I see that Toby's called dibs for her friend, but if that doesn't work out, I would be very interested!

(If anyone else decides the Safetox isn't for them, please keep me in mind!)

ETA - I see that our brilliant forumites have come up with a lot of ways to reduce costs by extending electrode (and possibly battery??) life, but it will still be a few months before I can spring for one...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one from the UK, but before I did, I created an alert on ebay. Since then, I've gotten emails several times telling me that a safetox was for sale. Normally the starting price is about $250 so it's not a huge bargain, but there's no reason not to sell/buy one there.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I bought one from the UK, but before I did, I created an alert on ebay. Since then, I've gotten emails several times telling me that a safetox was for sale. Normally the starting price is about $250 so it's not a huge bargain, but there's no reason not to sell/buy one there.

Hermosa, I had no eBay had that feature but it sounds like a great idea. Even finding it for a little bit less would help.

I love the idea of reducing my 11's and NL lines, but I'm honestly looking forward to the relaxation effect even more Silenced (I mean, shoot, MaxDamian was saying it keeps him celibate... I've got to see what I'm missing! Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I love the idea of reducing my 11's and NL lines, but I'm honestly looking forward to the relaxation effect even more Silenced (I mean, shoot, MaxDamian was saying it keeps him celibate... I've got to see what I'm missing! Laughing )

I missed that quote, but I know exactly what Max is talking about! Shock

But it is truly very relaxing...and the lifting of the forehead/eyelids seems like a total bonus. As I have said before, the Safetox is NOT a substitute for Botox if you really have lines (though it does soften them), but the this is the ONLY tool that lets you relax and LIFTS your eyelids at the same time. LOVE IT!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I made a near perfect headband for the Safetox by looping together a bunch of ponytail holders.

I could get the perfect length by adding/subtracting until I got it right, and it doesn't catch in my hair at all like a rubber band would. And it is VERY effective! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

But it is truly very relaxing...and the lifting of the forehead/eyelids seems like a total bonus. As I have said before, the Safetox is NOT a substitute for Botox if you really have lines (though it does soften them), but the this is the ONLY tool that lets you relax and LIFTS your eyelids at the same time. LOVE IT!!!!

I am looking for a lift and separate kind of action but not as smooth and frozen as Botox gives. I think this could have potential for this, right? In other words the frowning has brought my eye area down and in.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

I am looking for a lift and separate kind of action but not as smooth and frozen as Botox gives. I think this could have potential for this, right? In other words the frowning has brought my eye area down and in.

mommydearest, after reading through the entire thread, yes! I think this might be really helpful Smile

Bear in mind that those who are getting visible "lift" are using it on the 3 different locations shown in this jpg:

(Credit goes to Toby for posting this originally, and mpstat for coming up with the idea Smile):

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

mommydearest, after reading through the entire thread, yes! I think this might be really helpful Smile

Bear in mind that those who are getting visible "lift" are using it on the 3 different locations shown in this jpg:[/b]

Hi -

Interesting I will look through the posts to read about how they move it around. I have had regular electrical stim on my whole face before and I can wiggle my ears/scalp but I think this might be targeting the issue in a different way than either of those activities would. Do you think?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

Interesting I will look through the posts to read about how they move it around. I have had regular electrical stim on my whole face before and I can wiggle my ears/scalp but I think this might be targeting the issue in a different way than either of those activities would. Do you think?

It's apparently strengthening those scalp muscles while simultaneously relaxing (and partially immobilizing?) the opposing muscles, like botox does.

Like you, I can wiggle my ears and move my scalp, but Bethany said that she could do that too and the Safetox still gave her visible results.

You may want to check the ST website for more info:

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en

Here's another page from the website that explains how ST addresses specific problems:

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/wrinkles-type/index.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am still very confused. What do they mean when they say use it on the rear muscles and how can it effect the NL's and the mouth?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
I am still very confused. What do they mean when they say use it on the rear muscles and how can it effect the NL's and the mouth?

It freezes the front muscles, and strengthens the rear muscles which then pulls your forehead (and upper eyelids) up and back a bit.

That also ends up pulling attached muscles (cheeks, etc.) up a bit too which reduces the NL and ML's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that I made a near perfect headband for the Safetox by looping together a bunch of ponytail holders.

I could get the perfect length by adding/subtracting until I got it right, and it doesn't catch in my hair at all like a rubber band would. And it is VERY effective! Very Happy

Here is a pic...it allows me to use the Safetox while working, cleaning, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
This is brillant Bethany...way better than the rubber bands....thanks for the visual aid! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This is brillant Bethany...way better than the rubber bands....thanks for the visual aid! Very Happy

No problem...I know the visual aids can really help!

5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Toby and Bethany...you two are BRILLIANT!!!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Will have to try the elastics!! Thanks for the req's!! Very Happy
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Summertime, I'd left everything aside, wondering why on earth I suddenly seemed to come up with an annoyed look on my face... Back to forums a few days ago, and oh!... safetox! Haven't used it in a month and a half -more or less! Maybe that is the reason why I seem to be annoyed even though I'm not at all! Or maybe I am and have not realized and the body language is telling me there is some issue I have to get around to solving...
Starting again to use it, but also deep breathing techniques while I imagine my forehead opening and going upwards... just started this last a week ago -a course I did on deep breathing and visualizing two weeks ago, and it does help to visualize what you aim for!
Anyhow, I must get a move on, the one thing I've noticed of not using the safetox is that my upper eyelids seem to be slacker apart from my annoyed look. I'll combine using it again with visualizing a smooth and firm forehead/eyelids, see if it may work sooner!!! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Anyhow, I must get a move on, the one thing I've noticed of not using the safetox is that my upper eyelids seem to be slacker apart from my annoyed look. I'll combine using it again with visualizing a smooth and firm forehead/eyelids, see if it may work sooner!!! Smile

The reappearance of sag in my eyelids was the first change I noticed when I stopped using my Safetox. Sad Shock Sad

I have skipped the last 2 nights, so I am off to do it right now!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |