Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ATester wrote:
Anyhow, I must get a move on, the one thing I've noticed of not using the safetox is that my upper eyelids seem to be slacker apart from my annoyed look. I'll combine using it again with visualizing a smooth and firm forehead/eyelids, see if it may work sooner!!! Smile

The reappearance of sag in my eyelids was the first change I noticed when I stopped using my Safetox. Sad Shock Sad

I have skipped the last 2 nights, so I am off to do it right now!

I hope you both took "before" pictures Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:
ATester wrote:
Anyhow, I must get a move on, the one thing I've noticed of not using the safetox is that my upper eyelids seem to be slacker apart from my annoyed look. I'll combine using it again with visualizing a smooth and firm forehead/eyelids, see if it may work sooner!!! Smile

The reappearance of sag in my eyelids was the first change I noticed when I stopped using my Safetox. Sad Shock Sad

I have skipped the last 2 nights, so I am off to do it right now!

I hope you both took "before" pictures Smile

I had pics taken at my doc's office, so they will be consistent with the blue background, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I guess I'm going to be the lone dissenter here, but here goes. This was a complete waste of $400 Mad I have very bad 11s and medium forehead lines, so there was a lot of room for improvement. I thought this would save me from having to use Botox.

I noticed absolutely no decrease in lines, no lifting, nada. I finally decided I just had to buck up and pay for Botox. I'm also using frownies at nite. I do notice my 11s are much softer in the am from using them.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I guess I'm going to be the lone dissenter here, but here goes. This was a complete waste of $400 Mad I have very bad 11s and medium forehead lines, so there was a lot of room for improvement. I thought this would save me from having to use Botox.

I noticed absolutely no decrease in lines, no lifting, nada. I finally decided I just had to buck up and pay for Botox. I'm also using frownies at nite. I do notice my 11s are much softer in the am from using them.

I'm sorry to hear that, tsjmom... how frustrating! Mad

Have you been using the 3 point method?

Do you at least get the relaxing effect that others are getting? I can't wait to get one, for that reason alone Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I do get the relaxing feeling, which is nice but not worth $400 for me in this economy Confused

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
How long have you been using the Safetox...sorry if you have posted that information already. I saw improvement very quickly but I remember the instruction book gave a time frame due to age for the cycle of treatments.Just wondered if you have completed that cycle? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I do get the relaxing feeling, which is nice but not worth $400 for me in this economy Confused

That is pretty steep Neutral

I guess if we learn anything from the EDS forum it's that nothing works for everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Calling all lurkers Smile :

Is anyone using the Cefaly, instead of the Safetox? (Trigger, are you still reading this thread?)

I'm interested in hearing long (or longish) term results of Cefaly use; does it reduce the duration of the headaches you actually get, does it reduce how often you get them, and over time, can you use the Cefaly less frequently and maintain the results?

Short term results are ok too - please let me how you're faring, Cefaly users Smile

(Inquiring headache sufferers want to know!)
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I can't edit my last post, but if turns out that there are actually any Cefaly users out there, I'll start a new thread and maybe havanna or another mod can add these posts to that thread so we don't clutter up this one. I'm very interested in Safetox too, of course, and how Cefaly might (or might not) compare; I just had an airhead moment. There doesn't appear to be a lot of Cefaly users so it probably won't be an issue anyway.

I've been traveling a lot this week and my brain is fried Embarassed

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, first post here from a new member (previously short-term lurker!)

My problem is more with frown lines (or 11's as I have learned here) rather than horizontal forehead lines. I am also troubled by NL lines (am learning the lingo fast!) and marionette lines (ha ha!). At 52, I am a complete novice in the facial toning and skin care department - no treatments of any sort, just washing/moisturising twice a day and don't usually wear make-up. But in the past few weeks have become quite hooked on investigating all the possibilities for home treatments. Last week, my son, who lives in USA, brought me home a Clarisonic Mia which I am loving using.

I spotted the Safetox device in my local Boots store (UK) a few weeks ago and wanted to know more about it. A google search brought me to this thread which I read right through over a couple of evenings. I was intrigued enough to go ahead and buy the Safetox product, especially as Boots have an excellent return policy.

I was expecting discomfort but was overwhelmed by the painful sensation in the middle of my forehead when I first used the Safetox on Level 1. It actually made me feel nauseous and dizzy for the rest of the day! Anyway, I persevered and over the next few days I got as far as level 2 and even tried the three-point technique. I noticed that after a treatment, my eyebrows seemed to be level whereas my normal expression is with one slightly raised. I also made some progress at ear-wiggling and definitely felt that my face was less tense after using the Safetox.

But in the end, I concluded that the pain level was too high for me and for this reason Boots agreed to give me a refund. However, I missed the strangely addictive feel of lightness and relaxation after using the Safetox and began to wonder if the Cefaly would suit me better - a less intense sensation over a longer period (20 mins vs 5 mins). I bought the Cefaly last week and have been delighted with it. I don't suffer migraines but often feel tension and discomfort around my temples and find it difficult to relax and switch off. The Cefaly really works to alleviate this and I am not using it on full power. I like both programs one and three, which feel similar, but find program two irritating as it's like someone tapping on my temples!

I find it very useful as a sleep aid - usually it can take me ages to get to sleep but if I put the Cefaly on I am always asleep by the time it finishes and wakes me up with its little tune. Then I have to get out of bed and put the electrode back in its packet but I can usually get straight back to sleep.

As the Cefaly electrode patch is much larger than the Safetox one, I have been wondering if it could be used with the Safetox to create the three-point effect without the hassle of repositioning the little electrode and trying to wear the Safetox off-centre?

Sorry it's been a bit rambling but wanted to give the full story and background.

Liza
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
liza-lurkin wrote:

As the Cefaly electrode patch is much larger than the Safetox one, I have been wondering if it could be used with the Safetox to create the three-point effect without the hassle of repositioning the little electrode and trying to wear the Safetox off-centre?

Liza

Liza, I've been very interested in learning more about Safetox and Cefaly and the similarities, so thankyou for sharing!

Would you be willing to take a photo of your Cefaly, particularly the area where the electrode connects? Then the Safetox owners can make a comparison.

It would be very interesting if the two different electrode types were interchangeable! Very Happy

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how to post photos as I don't have a photo-hosting website to link to.

However, having owned both Safetox and Cefaly, I can tell you that the headbands are identical except for the colour. The bit where it hooks onto the button of the electrode is exactly the same on both and the buttons on the electrodes are exactly the same.

The only difference between the electrode patches is the size and shape (as I said, buttons are identical). the Cefaly is much wider - imagine the Safetox patch with wings! Oh, and cost - you get 3 Cefaly patches for the same price as 12 Safetox patches.

The Cefaly patch measure 3cm high by 9.5cm wide, with the button in the middle and a silver strip either side (just like the Safetox).
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
liza-lurkin wrote:

However, having owned both Safetox and Cefaly, I can tell you that the headbands are identical except for the colour. The bit where it hooks onto the button of the electrode is exactly the same on both and the buttons on the electrodes are exactly the same.

The only difference between the electrode patches is the size and shape (as I said, buttons are identical). the Cefaly is much wider - imagine the Safetox patch with wings! Oh, and cost - you get 3 Cefaly patches for the same price as 12 Safetox patches.

The Cefaly patch measure 3cm high by 9.5cm wide, with the button in the middle and a silver strip either side (just like the Safetox).

Do you think you could you use the wider Cefaly patch on the Safetox??

Also here's a link to a pic of Cefaly
http://www.peak-nutrition.co.uk/mens_health/migraine_headache_relief/cefaly_refill_patches_set_of_3.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base
liza-lurkin

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you could use the Cefaly patch with the Safetox device but I don't know whether it would be wise to do so! The sensation may be much more uncomfortable than with the smaller patch - there must be a reason why they made the Safetox patch smaller.

You can see quite a good picture of the Cefaly patch on their website but I can't post a link. Go to Cefaly dot com and select "prnciples behind it" from the drop-down menu
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I love the sensation and could definitely handle more!

Actually just to note, I had a revelation yesterday with the Safetox.

I bought mine in March and had visions of using it whilst sitting on the computer or while reading. However as I have small low-sitting ears ( Embarassed ) the band would slip along with the patch (even with tacgel) and end up on the bridge of my nose. So I would have to hold it in place which often disconnected it and wasn't much help whilst on the pc or with a book.

I decided to sell my Safetox as I also never experienced the facial relaxation that others spoke of but thought I'd give it one more try. Yesterday I used it whilst lying down on the bed with my eyes closed and OMG what a difference!
Now I know others have written about doing this and others will have mentally dismissed it as being an indulgence in these busy days but for just 3 mins, I felt as though I'd meditated for an hour. My whole face felt relaxed and my forehead unknotted. And furthermore, the Safetox remained seated in the right spot (the third eye - is this why I felt so relaxed after??).

Anyway, anyone not sure about this gadget should give the lie-down a try - especially if you have small, low-lying ears Wink
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Miranda,
Have you tried the homemade band that some of us made to go on the Safetox to keep it in place? That has intensified the sensation and also keeps it perfectly in place for me.

Image[/
Picture by Bethany!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, no I hadn't.
Will give it a go!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
liza-lurkin wrote:
Yes, you could use the Cefaly patch with the Safetox device but I don't know whether it would be wise to do so! The sensation may be much more uncomfortable than with the smaller patch - there must be a reason why they made the Safetox patch smaller.

You can see quite a good picture of the Cefaly patch on their website but I can't post a link. Go to Cefaly dot com and select "prnciples behind it" from the drop-down menu

Liza, the name escapes me at the moment, but we did have a Safetox user here who connected 3 electrodes into one "unit" and used it to do a 3 point treatment without having to reposition the Safetox.

In his experience, the larger surface area reduced the intensity. I'm certain the same would be true with a Cefaly electrode.

I'll be happy to be a guinea pig, if no one else tries it first Very Happy

The smaller patch is probably to focus the effect on certain muscles, and if the Cefaly patch reduces that effect, it would probably be best to save it for occasions when you're short on time but still want to treat a larger area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I now use a band made of ponytail holders and it works great. It helps to keep the pad in place even if it's not sticky enough anymore. Although, I have to agree with Miranda about lying down while using it. I did this the first time I ever used the Safetox and I was so relaxed. I gave up using the three points because it was so frustrating trying to maintain a connection. It really is helping diminish my frown lines.
liza-lurkin

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist - I purchased three spare Cefaly patches when I bought the device. At over £5 each, they are expensive compared to the Safetox patches. But if there is a UK Safteox user who would like to try a Cefaly patch, I will be happy to post one to you in return for a £5 cheque or cash. Or just return the patch to me in good condition if the experiment fails!

I'm not sure if the intensity would be reduced in relation to the size of the patch but I suppose there is only one way to find out!

On a completely separate topic, I was in Boots today and they have an offer on the Tripollar Stop and Pose (£211 and £296 respectively).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Did most people do sessions a day with Safetox when starting out?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Cefaly electrodes do work with safetox. Just used one to try it.
The sensation I get is a little bit more disperse... not as intense as with the little electrode that comes with Safetox. It does reach further over the eyebrows but it does not go as low in your nose bridge as does the safetox electrode.

My final conclusion is that for regular users of the safetox this could help when using the three point electrostimulation while does not substitute the single point between eyebrows.
Besides you have to note that anatomically every face is different and my first impression might not be the same for others.

Hope this helps if someone else is considering cefaly electrodes as an alternative to safetox ones.

Wink
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I've tried one more time cefaly pads with safetox.
This time I got a more intense sensation... Question
I have no idea why, but really my forehead was aching!(at level 3) This didn't happened the first time I use it... I wonder why as the electrode is new and safetox batteries haven't been replaced yet. I want to move it a little bit upward to see if I can get the tingles beyond my forehead on my scalp.
I will keep trying and posting any news re cefaly pads & SFX
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
I've tried one more time cefaly pads with safetox.
This time I got a more intense sensation... Question
I have no idea why, but really my forehead was aching!(at level 3) This didn't happened the first time I use it... I wonder why as the electrode is new and safetox batteries haven't been replaced yet. I want to move it a little bit upward to see if I can get the tingles beyond my forehead on my scalp.
I will keep trying and posting any news re cefaly pads & SFX

Thanks for the update, Zenity, I am very interested in hearing how this works for you! Very Happy

It certainly does seem unusual that the sensation would be more intense the second time around... do you think maybe it was in a different position on your forehead? Or was the device simply more snug on your head (were you lying down, maybe?) It would be great if Safetox users can achieve yet another type of result by alternating with the Safetox and the Cefaly patches..!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nope.
Position didn't change, nor anything else I can think about except timing of the day. The first time I used it in the morning and the second time at night.
I really have no idea why my sensation was so different.
As I am planning to keep experimenting a bit with this I will probably find out more.

I will let you know.
Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |