Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:
I am desperate for people to see what this can do for marionette lines. I am almost tempted (but not quite, lol) to stop using mine for 6 months and let the sag come back just so that I can document the transformation!!

BRAT Laughing Bad Grin Laughing

Sorry Kassy. Confused But this news is just TOO good, and I had to share!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I have been keeping a schedule for my major routines for a couple years. It really helps with motivation, and sticking to the the schedule. I want to see those check marks, and feel uneasy when they are not there. It motivates me to be on track.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Someone was questioning adding fourth point in the middle of the forehead.

As I mentioned in my original three points post on page seven of this thread, I initially was doing four points, and looking at the forehead muscles diagram I could see that three points are just as effective, so I changed my routine to three points.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

As I mentioned in my original three points post on page seven of this thread, I initially was doing four points, and looking at the forehead muscles diagram I could see that three points are just as effective, so I changed my routine to three points.

Mpstat, I just wanted to say THANKS again for coming up with the 3 Point treatment....I am BEYOND thrilled with the additional results. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you girls for all the info, specially about the three point use.
Please, I KNOW it has been mentioned here, but I'm going bonkers reading ALL the post Rolling Eyes , so could someone kindly tell me where you order the Tac Gel???I'd left the Safetox aside as I got more engrossed in facial exercises, but I can see my horizontal forehead wrinkles creeping back in... Mad , sooooo, I've decided to attack them again!!!
TIA!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Thank you girls for all the info, specially about the three point use.
Please, I KNOW it has been mentioned here, but I'm going bonkers reading ALL the post Rolling Eyes , so could someone kindly tell me where you order the Tac Gel???I'd left the Safetox aside as I got more engrossed in facial exercises, but I can see my horizontal forehead wrinkles creeping back in... Mad , sooooo, I've decided to attack them again!!!
TIA!

I got mine here...I think they also sell on Amazon, but not as cheaply.

FYI...one tube will last forever.

http://www.balegoonline.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=228

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:

Mpstat, I just wanted to say THANKS again for coming up with the 3 Point treatment....I am BEYOND thrilled with the additional results. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

bethany - I am so glad that it is working for you and the others!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany! Already ordered, meanwhile using up my last four still sticky electrodes. Already pleased with my forehead relaxing, as I said I've decided to attack my horizontal lines that have been creeping up. I've done an aggressive attack, 3 center point cycles in the morning, another 3 in the evening plus the above each eyebrow points (2 cycles each). Two days of this schedule and pleased!
Thanks mpstat for the 3 point schedule -wanted to add I find when I put it above the eyebrow I can see in the mirror how the interior half of my eyelid/eyebrow shoots upwards! I've tried, just to try out different positions too, putting the electrode nearer the outer part of the eyebrow but I can't get it to stay... Sad the form of the device doesn't adapt well enough.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I finally got the Safetox questions off to Kevin (see below). Sorry for the delay...the last 2 weeks have been crazy with work travel, travel to another city for my cat's surgery, etc.

But here are the questions I submitted...I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

1. Is there an updated Safetox protocol for extending Botox (other than what is published in the manual)?

2. Are there any risks to OVERUSING the Safetox unit? (we love to use it, and often do more cycles that recommended in the manual)

3. Are there any Safetox product updates coming out soon and if so, when are they planned? (like rechargeable batteries, headset design change, etc.)

4. What impact does doing facial exercises that target frontal muscles have on the muscles when also using the Safetox. (does it diminish the benefit of the Safetox?) FYI...facial exercise programs include FlexEffect, Eva Fraiser, Carol Maggio, etc.

5. Does Safetox diminish any filler one may have in the frown lines?

6. Can prolonged use of Safetox could cause muscle atrophy (where the muscle stops working) in any way? We know this might be desirable for the forehead, but since the Safetox impact is far reaching (as in NL lines etc), could this be a problem?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
You know how some products involve going through The Uglies? Well, if you have marionette lines, you may have a little Safetox Uglies period as well depending on their severity. Embarassed

I have had tremendous improvement in my MLs from the Safetox, and can also see my cheekbones moving up a bit too...I can see that little "new line" under your cheeks that they mention in FlexEffect, plus a dimple reappeared. (and no, my weight has NOT changed, unfortunately).

The only negative is that instead of my MLs going straight down from mouth to chin like they used to do, they now appear to go out a bit to the sides. Confused That is due to the skin being pulled up and back, and I saw the same thing happen when I was doing Ageless regularly. However, my MLs are still greatly reduced, and I am sure I'm being far more critical of myself than most people will be who look at my face. Plus I know they'll continue to improve as I continue to use the Safetox.

But just be prepared for some changes as you move from "NOT Happy" to "Improved" to "Awesome!!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I heard back from Kevin at Safetox...he very much appreciated us lumping all of our questions together into one email.

Regarding responses, he had this to say:
Quote:
Actually I’d like to get the responses of one of our bio-ingenior and Doctor Rigaux. But he’s taking part in a congress of neurology at the moment and be back after tomorrow. Therefore I’ll respond you end of this week.

With best wishes and sunny hello from Belgium,

Kevin

bethany wrote:
Hi all,

I finally got the Safetox questions off to Kevin (see below). Sorry for the delay...the last 2 weeks have been crazy with work travel, travel to another city for my cat's surgery, etc.

But here are the questions I submitted...I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

1. Is there an updated Safetox protocol for extending Botox (other than what is published in the manual)?

2. Are there any risks to OVERUSING the Safetox unit? (we love to use it, and often do more cycles that recommended in the manual)

3. Are there any Safetox product updates coming out soon and if so, when are they planned? (like rechargeable batteries, headset design change, etc.)

4. What impact does doing facial exercises that target frontal muscles have on the muscles when also using the Safetox. (does it diminish the benefit of the Safetox?) FYI...facial exercise programs include FlexEffect, Eva Fraiser, Carol Maggio, etc.

5. Does Safetox diminish any filler one may have in the frown lines?

6. Can prolonged use of Safetox could cause muscle atrophy (where the muscle stops working) in any way? We know this might be desirable for the forehead, but since the Safetox impact is far reaching (as in NL lines etc), could this be a problem?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Doodles, I am in Canada as well. I got mine from Win-Health in the UK. They shipped it via royal mail iirc. (no brokerage fees!!). Very Happy

Hi lipglossdoll, can you tell me how long it took for your Safetox to be delivered?. I ordered mine from Win-Health on April 15 and still don't have it Sad . Thanks, doodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:
Doodles, I am in Canada as well. I got mine from Win-Health in the UK. They shipped it via royal mail iirc. (no brokerage fees!!). Very Happy

Hi lipglossdoll, can you tell me how long it took for your Safetox to be delivered?. I ordered mine from Win-Health on April 15 and still don't have it Sad . Thanks, doodles

Bummer...I am sure you are more than ready to have this in hand. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doodles wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

Bummer...I am sure you are more than ready to have this in hand. Sad

Definitely Very Happy !

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update on my Safetox progress....

I have been crazy busy the last 3 weeks, and have not had time to use the Safetox 2x a day as hoped (or even 1x on some days Embarassed ). But my marionette lines still continue to improve, and my forehead lines are still softened (but still present).

I am gauging improvement on my ML's by checking them in the worst light possible once a week...at night, using the horrid overhead light of the garage door opener, while I look into the reflection of my tinted car window. Laughing Definitely NOT a scientific approach, but it is THE most brutal lighting scenario I could find, lol. I knew they were bad, but the first time I saw them illuminated in that manner, I thought I had been taken over by Chucky the ventriloquist's puppet. Shock And I am glad to say that they are on their way OUT of here and OFF my face! Very Happy

My forehead lines are softened greatly, but still not to the degree that Botox accomplishes (darn it). I may try some tactics to increase collagen generation in that area (glycolic acid, the STOP, etc.), but if that doesn't work I will go back to Botox and take advantage of the Safetox to extend the life of the Botox injections.

BTW, no update from Kevin yet. I'll post as soon as I hear from him.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I sent Kevin a little reminder to reply to our questions. Smile

Regarding the 3 Point treatment...some of you have mentioned having a problem getting the headset on when using the alternate electrode placements. I experienced that myself this weekend, and found that I had placed the electrode too far out...moving it back a little closer to the center of my forehead helped tremendously.

Also, I have had problems keeping up with my morning treatments because I was previously only able to use the headset when laying down to maintain complete contact with the electrode when doing the 3 Point treatment. But I have finally solved that problem and can do all 3 points while I work at my desk now. Shock

I purchased a $2 eyeglass cord that keeps you from losing your sunglasses. Each end is supposed to fit over the temples of the glasses, but I had to tie it around each end of the Safetox. There is also a bead that you slide up and down to control how tightly the unit is held against your head.

I can now sit and Safetox while I work, without worrying about the unit starting and stopping every time I lean my head forward. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just a quick update. I ended up ordering the TacGel from Amazon.uk (didn't mention that in my previous post)because considering the postal fee it turned out cheaper here as I live in Europe.

The Tac Gel is like a miracle!!!! The electrodes kept slipping down due to use, as soon as I received the Tac Gel and applied it...no more slipping down! Also I thought I had just got used to the feel of the Safetox when using it as I didn't feel all that much... until I changed the batteries! Now I've learned I have to change the batteries more often to get the benefit.
I'm very pleased as I've been aggressive in my approach and I can now "feel" the muscles at the back of my head, I can voluntary pull my ears back a tiny bit which I couldn't do before (even with a lot of practice in facial exercises I found it difficult).
The horizontal lines are better, shorter and shallower. Too soon to see improvement in the rest of the face, but certainly enjoying using this gadget again! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
The Tac Gel is like a miracle!!!! The electrodes kept slipping down due to use, as soon as I received the Tac Gel and applied it...no more slipping down! Also I thought I had just got used to the feel of the Safetox when using it as I didn't feel all that much... until I changed the batteries! Now I've learned I have to change the batteries more often to get the benefit.

AT,

I found that even with the TacGel (which I do agree is a miracle!), the electrodes still do slip if they get too warm (once they have stuck on my head for a while). I actually keep several handy at one time, and switch to a 2nd electrode when that happens.

BTW, I used to change my batteries once a week, but I have now extended it out to every 2 weeks. Then I end up using the leftover battery juice in my wireless keyboard...the only other thing I own that takes a AAA. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI...I just reordered batteries and found a coupon code for 10% off.

Coupon Code for 10% Off: EP1000

http://ebatteriestogo.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EBTG&Product_Code=C3791

5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I discovered rayovac rechargeable alkaline batteries put out 1.5v unlike most other rechargeables. Now I can use my Safetox 10+ times a day without worrying about battery cost.

Also using tacgel and being careful with the electrodes seem to make them last months each.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
EyesWithoutaface wrote:
I discovered rayovac rechargeable alkaline batteries put out 1.5v unlike most other rechargeables. Now I can use my Safetox 10+ times a day without worrying about battery cost.

DRAT...I just placed an order, when I could have gotten these! Mad

Editing to add: I am actually going to ask Kevin about this and make sure they will work in exactly the same manner.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
This product page for another rechargeable alkaline battery says that the Rayovac Rechargeable Alkaline Batteries are discontinued.

http://www.millionsolarroofs.com/aaaxlrampureenergyrechargeablealkalinebatteries.aspx

I have tried Energizer, Duracell, and Chicago brand NIMH rechargeable batteries in my Safetox and I find that they all lose their power much more faster then regular alkaline batteries. It would be good to find a rechargeable alkaline battery....but I have also been told that you are not suppose to use the NIMH chargers to charge alkaline rechargeable so that would mean I would have to buy another charger.

I was also wondering if it is better to use a low discharge or high discharge battery in the Safetox.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have answers from Kevin and will post them in a bit! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
This product page for another rechargeable alkaline battery says that the Rayovac Rechargeable Alkaline Batteries are discontinued.

http://www.millionsolarroofs.com/aaaxlrampureenergyrechargeablealkalinebatteries.aspx

I have tried Energizer, Duracell, and Chicago brand NIMH rechargeable batteries in my Safetox and I find that they all lose their power much more faster then regular alkaline batteries. It would be good to find a rechargeable alkaline battery....but I have also been told that you are not suppose to use the NIMH chargers to charge alkaline rechargeable so that would mean I would have to buy another charger.

I was also wondering if it is better to use a low discharge or high discharge battery in the Safetox.

Good info...thanks!

I'm pretty sure that Safetox said in the past that we could not use rechargeable batteries, but I'll ask to be sure. I'll ask about your high or low discharge too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Doodles, sorry for the late reply. It took about 2 weeks to get here from Win-Health. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |