Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anyone Heard of Safetox?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I've suffered from migraines since my teens. I usually wake up in the morning with the headache and it can last for days/weeks - I become completely incapacitated. I've found that Botox helps immensely, I still get headaches but they are much more easily managed. So if the Safetox also helps with headaches and prolongs the Botox it would be a win win situation. I also suffer from shocking sinus and have had two sinus operations, the last one was in April. So, I think I'll have to give this a try too.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've suffered from migraines since my teens. I usually wake up in the morning with the headache and it can last for days/weeks - I become completely incapacitated. I've found that Botox helps immensely, I still get headaches but they are much more easily managed. So if the Safetox also helps with headaches and prolongs the Botox it would be a win win situation. I also suffer from shocking sinus and have had two sinus operations, the last one was in April. So, I think I'll have to give this a try too.


My migraines can last for several days, too, and I'm also prone to sinus problems. This would truly be a miracle as I'm desperate to find something that will help.

Wouldn't it be truly wonderful! Good luck to you, too!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
majorb,
They do have a unit designed just for migraines that functions differently. You may want to email the company and ask if the Safetox would help with migraines as well. My headaches aren't migraine...but not far from it.

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
majorb,
They do have a unit designed just for migraines that functions differently. You may want to email the company and ask if the Safetox would help with migraines as well. My headaches aren't migraine...but not far from it.


I had a look at the device for migraines, it looks very similar to the Safetox except it operates by TENS. However, what gets my hopes up for the Safetox is that I know from personal experience that Botox definitely helps. Without fail, about 4 months after the initial Botox shots, my headaches start to return.

I've gone ahead and bought this - I would have liked to have waited to hear what Bethany thought about it, but couldn't wait that long. Beam me up Scottie is all I can say! Laughing

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 356
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, where did you end up buying this from. I can not wait to hear your thoughts on this. I hope it hurries up and gets to you

_________________
56 Years, trying to stop the aging process.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Keliu, where did you end up buying this from. I can not wait to hear your thoughts on this. I hope it hurries up and gets to you


I ended up buying it from Win Health - it was 150 pounds + 20 pounds postage. I previously bought the UP5 and STOP from them and found the delivery to Australia very fast.

As usual, I feel very guilty about spending money on these "ridiculous" things - but I guess it will be worth it to see the look on my husband's face when he catches me with this on! Rolling Eyes

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 356
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu:

How did have any success with the stop?

_________________
56 Years, trying to stop the aging process.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Keliu:

How did have any success with the stop?


I didn't get any noticeable lifting - which is what I bought it for. I don't think that any gadget that I've bought has made a concrete visible difference but I still keep on buying and using them. I'm still doing a STOP treatment every two weeks. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the way my skin looks for my age but I'd love to find something that provided a visible lift. I'm also using the Tua Viso every night but that also doesn't seem to be doing much for my jowls either. My husband tells me my face looks plumper - but that's probably from all the cake I eat! Very Happy

Oh well, can't wait for the Safetox to arrive - nobody can say I don't give it my all!

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
As usual, I feel very guilty about spending money on these "ridiculous" things - but I guess it will be worth it to see the look on my husband's face when he catches me with this on! Rolling Eyes


All you have to say is that you are doing it for HIM so that he can enjoy looking at your fresh face every day. Very Happy

I still crack up every time I think about you researching the Remergent DNA and him saying go for it, provided that it contained Nicle Kidman's DNA, lol.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Toby wrote:
majorb,
They do have a unit designed just for migraines that functions differently. You may want to email the company and ask if the Safetox would help with migraines as well. My headaches aren't migraine...but not far from it.


I had a look at the device for migraines, it looks very similar to the Safetox except it operates by TENS.


So I was thinking...could one use a TENS unit for this same purpose? Or does TENS only stimulate the nerve as opposed to the muscle?

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Well Nicole Kidman's DNA did nothing for me either - that's why I'd rather stick with the gadgets, at least you can use them over and over.

Regarding the migraine version of the Safetox, I think it's called Cefaly, it's more expensive than the Safetox so I ruled it out because of that factor. The Safetox is supposed to work in a totally different way than all the other microcurrent devices - by electro-inhibition, it sends an impulse that inhibits the muscle. I think the TENS units send a signal to the nerve cells which influence the nerve, as you say.

It seems strange to me that these two devices look so similar - I wonder whether they really are so different.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Well Nicole Kidman's DNA did nothing for me either - that's why I'd rather stick with the gadgets, at least you can use them over and over.

Regarding the migraine version of the Safetox, I think it's called Cefaly, it's more expensive than the Safetox so I ruled it out because of that factor. The Safetox is supposed to work in a totally different way than all the other microcurrent devices - by electro-inhibition, it sends an impulse that inhibits the muscle. I think the TENS units send a signal to the nerve cells which influence the nerve, as you say.

It seems strange to me that these two devices look so similar - I wonder whether they really are so different.
I contacted the company about the Cefaly for my daughter-in-law and was told that you needed to wear it for 20 minutes daily and the stimulation was more gradual and lasted longer. Also it involves more muscles in the back of the head.

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
One of the 2 things I ordered from the UK (from 2 different companies) showed up today....while I was having lunch with my parents, darn it.

I am traveling Monday-Wednesday, and the chance that he tries to redeliver before I leave on Monday is slim to none. Now I will have to wait until Thursday! Sad

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Keliu and Toby, for the info on the migraine device. Funnily enough (or rather not so funny as it's painful!), I also get headaches because of tension problems in my shoulders and neck. (I have a form of arthritis that also affects my neck.) There's generally a lot of pain around the back of the head with that. I wonder whether the Cefaly would help with that? I might contact them to ask.

I must say, though, that the Safetox particularly appeals to me through having both health and beauty benefits.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I ordered my Safetox on 5th June from Win Health in the UK and it arrived today, all the way to Oz!!!! I really think Win Health's service is great.

So I tried it out this evening - I can't believe how strong it is. Being totally gung-ho, I set it immediately on the highest setting - and nearly passed out - it HURTS!! It's like having a Black & Decker drill attached to your forehead! Then I decided to read the instructions Rolling Eyes I tried it again on the second setting and it was slightly more bearable, I say SLIGHTLY. I can see that I will have to do the right thing and work up to the highest setting.

Majorb, the instruction booklet says that the Safetox "re-trains" the muscles in the back of the head, thereby opening up the face. Maybe the effect on these muscles might help with your headaches.

Incidentally, my husband hasn't stopped laughing Mad

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I ordered my Safetox on 5th June from Win Health in the UK and it arrived today, all the way to Oz!!!! I really think Win Health's service is great.

So I tried it out this evening - I can't believe how strong it is. Being totally gung-ho, I set it immediately on the highest setting - and nearly passed out - it HURTS!! It's like having a Black & Decker drill attached to your forehead! Then I decided to read the instructions Rolling Eyes I tried it again on the second setting and it was slightly more bearable, I say SLIGHTLY. I can see that I will have to do the right thing and work up to the highest setting.

Majorb, the instruction booklet says that the Safetox "re-trains" the muscles in the back of the head, thereby opening up the face. Maybe the effect on these muscles might help with your headaches.

Incidentally, my husband hasn't stopped laughing Mad


Wow, that's fast service to OZ! We have rellies over there and it takes far longer for the stuff we send to arrive.

You're all making me want a safetox more and more. And if it helps with my headaches (particularly around the back of the head), then my husband can roll around the floor in uncontrollable fits of laughter and I won't mind at all! Laughing

Anyway, he likes Star Trek so he might even think it looks so sci-fi that he'll want one for himself. Wink
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 356
Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, please give us all updates with this. I and I am sure many others are interested in your thoughts on this. We are sitting on the fence and waiting for direction.

_________________
56 Years, trying to stop the aging process.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I ordered my Safetox on 5th June from Win Health in the UK and it arrived today, all the way to Oz!!!! I really think Win Health's service is great.

So I tried it out this evening - I can't believe how strong it is. Being totally gung-ho, I set it immediately on the highest setting - and nearly passed out - it HURTS!! It's like having a Black & Decker drill attached to your forehead! Then I decided to read the instructions Rolling Eyes I tried it again on the second setting and it was slightly more bearable, I say SLIGHTLY. I can see that I will have to do the right thing and work up to the highest setting.

Majorb, the instruction booklet says that the Safetox "re-trains" the muscles in the back of the head, thereby opening up the face. Maybe the effect on these muscles might help with your headaches.

Incidentally, my husband hasn't stopped laughing Mad

Black and Decker drill Laughing Laughing You are just too funny! Yes it is a device that is designed for those that are serious about getting rid of the lines. It is extremely strong but the strenght is needed for the effective treatment. No sissys for this device. Only those on a mission! Laughing

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got to try mine tonight, now that I am back home. I started at Level 1, quickly moved to L2, and then tried L3. There was initially some minor discomfort, but it quickly fades. It actually felt like there were creatures in my forehead that were trying to claw their way out. But in a rather odd way, it was very relaxing...I could also feel my eyelids tingling, so it definitely hits multiple areas!

I will be starting with L2 (to warm up to the tingling so that L3 isn't such a shock), and then following immediately with L3.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 1486
Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Those who just got the device and still have original batteries in it - what brand of batteries Safetox comes with?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Those who just got the device and still have original batteries in it - what brand of batteries Safetox comes with?


Mine says: PowerLine Alkaline Industrial Battery LR03-AAA 1.5v by Panasonic. The manual says that they should last a month.

http://industrial.panasonic.com/eu/news/nr200805IE001/nr200805IE001/Powerline.pdf

Editing to add: I think these may be the same thing...I did some searching and did not see them outside of Europe. If you happen to find a good place to buy, please let me know!

http://www.batteryvault.co.uk/panasonic-xtreme-aaa-alkaline-batteries-4pk-73-p.asp

ETA 2: And these may be even better:
http://www.talkingretail.com/misc/content/article/10668-panasonic-unveils-

http://www.panasonic-batteries.com/site/Europe/English/products/products_batteries_range.asp?iid=25

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I finally got to try mine tonight, now that I am back home. I started at Level 1, quickly moved to L2, and then tried L3. There was initially some minor discomfort, but it quickly fades. It actually felt like there were creatures in my forehead that were trying to claw their way out. But in a rather odd way, it was very relaxing...I could also feel my eyelids tingling, so it definitely hits multiple areas!

I will be starting with L2 (to warm up to the tingling so that L3 isn't such a shock), and then following immediately with L3.


I checked my face a couple of hours after my treatment, and I can definitely say that my forehead wrinkles and 11's are less pronounced. I'll be interested to see what things look like in the morning.

The fact that they have you do this 2x a day is a bit suspicious though. (yes, I know I'm cynical!)

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
My batteries are the same as Bethany's.

Bethany, trust you to actually read the instructions and do everything properly! I don't find Level 2 relaxing or like creatures in my head trying to claw out. It feels more like a pneumatic drill and a sledge hammer. I find I have to lie down to "endure" it. Will be trying Level 2 followed by 3 tonight.

Like you, I remain cynical - and I feel the same way about all my gadgets - but there's not one I'm going to give up on. Very Happy

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 1486
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany and Keliu - these original Panasonic batteries are the most powerful in terms of treatment strength.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 1486
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
... I don't find Level 2 relaxing or like creatures in my head trying to claw out. It feels more like a pneumatic drill and a sledge hammer....

The same here - good batteries, fresh patches, and possibly horizontal position, and there is no relaxing experience at all. More like a short trip to a torture chamber. Shock
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Tanda ZAP - White