Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anyone Heard of Safetox?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
miracleskin29
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 138
Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I read through several of the posts and I have to get one! Is there anyway that it helps the neck. I'm guessing no..but thought I would check

_________________
42, starting facial exercise, vip total face machine, sue vit c , retina, had peels, botox, fat injection, very good skin texture but fine lines around eyes
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Alley wrote:
I just posted this over at the Jowls thread but thought you girls would like to know you have another believer.

As obsessed as I am with wrinkles I have never, until this morning, actually looked into what Safetox was. Good Lord I just ordered it!!!!! I had an appt this afternoon for botox and I canceled the appointment and ordered Safetox instead. Frankly the botox wasn't all that great for me and if this works 1/2 as well it will pay for itself in 6 months.


Alley,

I am just curious after being on EDS for so long, just what was it that convinced you to purchase? You seem so very excited about this "gadget". Smile


DarkMoon I am embarrassed to say I NEVER read the safetox thread - if I had read it when I first found EDS I would have bought it then and probably saved a lot of money. I paid $400 ($300 euro). It will be waiting for me when I get home tonight.
I have spent the morning reading every page of this thread. I have been sending my DH random texts (he works at a hospital in the OR) saying "can you get Tac Gel?" "Can you get surgical tape?". I can only imagine that conversations tonight. Laughing

My other motivation was the increase in my 11's and a bad botox experience that I am really trying to avoid repeating.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Alley wrote:
I just posted this over at the Jowls thread but thought you girls would like to know you have another believer.

As obsessed as I am with wrinkles I have never, until this morning, actually looked into what Safetox was. Good Lord I just ordered it!!!!! I had an appt this afternoon for botox and I canceled the appointment and ordered Safetox instead. Frankly the botox wasn't all that great for me and if this works 1/2 as well it will pay for itself in 6 months.


Alley,

I am just curious after being on EDS for so long, just what was it that convinced you to purchase? You seem so very excited about this "gadget". Smile


DarkMoon I am embarrassed to say I NEVER read the safetox thread - if I had read it when I first found EDS I would have bought it then and probably saved a lot of money. I paid $400 ($300 euro). It will be waiting for me when I get home tonight.
I have spent the morning reading every page of this thread. I have been sending my DH random texts (he works at a hospital in the OR) saying "can you get Tac Gel?" "Can you get surgical tape?". I can only imagine that conversations tonight. Laughing

My other motivation was the increase in my 11's and a bad botox experience that I am really trying to avoid repeating.


Don't be embarrassed I have peeked here and there but never really read it either! Smile That is one reason I asked you about your decision to purchase.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY!

I will get busy reading, and will be looking forward to seeing your continued input on the thread!
Enjoy the new gadget tonight. Very Happy

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I received my Safetox Thursday night but didn't get a chance to use it until Friday morning.

Holy Cow what a device!!!!!!! After reading every post in this 45 page thread I knew better than to jump straight to level 3. My first go I did level 1 and then level 2 repeating this for 2 days 2 times a day. I can't really describe the sensation, it isn't painful exactly but it reminded me of a deep tissue massage
.
I did not move to level 3 until Sunday. YIKES that is powerful!!!!!

The one question I do have of all you veterans is on level 2 I really felt the manipulation of the muscles. On level 3 I don't feel that as much but I am wondering if the tingling is so strong that I can't feel the muscles moving.

I was able to do 3 rounds of level 3 and I noticed as the rounds went on the feeling decreased a little I was thinking this was because my muscles were either getting used to it or fatigued to the point that I didn't notice it as much.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 367
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I ordered my Safetox from Win-Health on April 4th... but it looks like it will be May when I receive it!! Until then, I will re-read the thread and look forward to learning more of the process from the new users. Soooo excited! Very Happy

_________________
43, CPs, glycolic 15%, Safetox, Lyapko roller (love), HF, Love my Barre workouts and all things skincare!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered numerous times from Winhealth and got things in a week...I am in the USA. Why is it going to take so long for you??? Rolling Eyes

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I have used my safetox in the morning before I work out but I am not sure what to do about the power levels.

This morning I did power 2 for the 1st round and 3 for the 2nd round - level 2 felt like it was doing more to the muscles than level 3. I am crazy???? Confused

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 367
Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have ordered numerous times from Winhealth and got things in a week...I am in the USA. Why is it going to take so long for you??? Rolling Eyes


Toby, I had no idea that it was possible to come so quickly! I received a very odd email from ParcelForce Worldwide with a link to my shipment and every time I click the tracking number, the page just times out (it doesn't even come up... I just see a kind of blink and then nothing).

I emailed Win Health just now so hopefully I'll have some answers. Feeling a little worried... Crying or Very sad

_________________
43, CPs, glycolic 15%, Safetox, Lyapko roller (love), HF, Love my Barre workouts and all things skincare!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I have used my safetox in the morning before I work out but I am not sure what to do about the power levels.

This morning I did power 2 for the 1st round and 3 for the 2nd round - level 2 felt like it was doing more to the muscles than level 3. I am crazy???? Confused


I know you aren't crazy Alley, I know someone else posted exactly the same thing about a year ago or so. I just wish I remembered who and where that post was! hmm
Sorry wish I could be more help!

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 367
Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Toby wrote:
I have ordered numerous times from Winhealth and got things in a week...I am in the USA. Why is it going to take so long for you??? Rolling Eyes


Toby, I had no idea that it was possible to come so quickly! I received a very odd email from ParcelForce Worldwide with a link to my shipment and every time I click the tracking number, the page just times out (it doesn't even come up... I just see a kind of blink and then nothing).

I emailed Win Health just now so hopefully I'll have some answers. Feeling a little worried... Crying or Very sad


I just now heard back from them (wow that was quick!). "Here in the UK our date starts with the day, then the month and then the year.
Your order was shipped on the 5th April and we have had our Easter Holidays so nowhere has been open until today. You should receive your order some time this week, early next week at the latest." Forgot about that European way of writing the date! Laughing

_________________
43, CPs, glycolic 15%, Safetox, Lyapko roller (love), HF, Love my Barre workouts and all things skincare!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity that is great - you are going to love this little device.

DarkMoon thank you for not thinking I am crazy, my DH might disagree with you. Laughing

I thought I read that also but I don't remember if they had a solution like should I stay on level 2 or use level 3.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 367
Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Alley, I am wondering (maybe this sounds totally dumb) if the higher level is sending out so many rapid pulsations that it exhausts the muscle so that you don't actually "feel" it like the lower level. Question Maybe it is working even better because it is having that "Botox" effect and causing the muscle to totally relax/ stop firing and thus stop contracting?

_________________
43, CPs, glycolic 15%, Safetox, Lyapko roller (love), HF, Love my Barre workouts and all things skincare!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Luminosity that is great - you are going to love this little device.

DarkMoon thank you for not thinking I am crazy, my DH might disagree with you. Laughing

I thought I read that also but I don't remember if they had a solution like should I stay on level 2 or use level 3.


I knew as I read your post it struck a chord, I just don't recall where to even begin to find that post! Smile Darn it!

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Miel24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I have used my safetox in the morning before I work out but I am not sure what to do about the power levels.

This morning I did power 2 for the 1st round and 3 for the 2nd round - level 2 felt like it was doing more to the muscles than level 3. I am crazy???? Confused


Alley, I experienced the same thing at first, that level two felt somehow "stronger" and I had more pronounced contractions. I remember giving myself a similar explanation as Luminosity about a possible numbing effect as a consequence of using the highest level, and of possibly the muscles getting used to the contractions.

Incidentely, I definitely feel a big numbing sensation on my scalp when I use the three point system, at level 3.

It'll be interesting to see other users views on this, but I've been using level 3 exclusively for weeks now with excellent results.

_________________
40 years old. Safetox, Ageless, Green Smoothies
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Miel24 thanks for sharing. I think you and Luminosity might be on to something about the numbing.

This morning I did level 2 1st and then level 3. I really focused on what was happening on level 3 and I did notice the same sort of contraction as level 2 but stronger. I am going to keep on with level 3.

I haven't been ready to try the 3 point system yet. Miel24 when you do the 3 point system how many rounds per electrode do you do?

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Miel24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I haven't been ready to try the 3 point system yet. Miel24 when you do the 3 point system how many rounds per electrode do you do?


Sure, At the moment, I do two or three rounds on the middle point, and one round each on the sides.

It might have something to do with the shape of my forehead, but sometimes I find it tricky to maintain constant contact with the main unit and the side points, so I just about manage one round each. I think I'll continue with this until I reach maintenance level.

_________________
40 years old. Safetox, Ageless, Green Smoothies
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 586
Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
Alley wrote:
I haven't been ready to try the 3 point system yet. Miel24 when you do the 3 point system how many rounds per electrode do you do?


Sure, At the moment, I do two or three rounds on the middle point, and one round each on the sides.

It might have something to do with the shape of my forehead, but sometimes I find it tricky to maintain constant contact with the main unit and the side points, so I just about manage one round each. I think I'll continue with this until I reach maintenance level.


I have the same problem with contact but the funny thing is I think part of the problem is that my forehead is flatter and almost a bit more concave in one area because my frown muscle is not as bunched up BECAUSE of the Saftetox. Also I find I do have to add more gel tac often. I press it closer to my head with a bandana too! I think mine is losing strength though and I recently changed the batteries. How often are you guys changing batteries and does anyone use the long life lithium ones? I hate to add so many batteries to the landfills There is not a place to recycle them is there?

I am seeing some improvement but wonder how many people have to do more than one round on each spot? I think I have been doing it for around 2 months now. Still not enough opening out. Massage helps as well as taking up my forehead when at the computer. I am the worst when I wake up. I should wear frownies but I don't. It takes a long time for the morning puffy 11's to relax
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Miel I am doing 2 rounds in the morning in the middle (haven't done the 3 point yet) as that is all the time I have. After work I do 3 rounds of 3 at least once, if I have time I will do 2 sets, 1 when I get home and 1 before bed. I have been having pretty good luck with contact. I have been using the rubbing alcohol instead of the pads they sent and really press the electrode pad on. I have ordered and should receive this week the tac-gel hoping this will extend the life of my electrodes.

I am planning on giving the 3 point a try this weekend. Kinda scared.....

I have replaced the batteries that came with the Safetox after 2 days because I really didn't know how long they have been in there. I have been using good old fashion Energizer batteries this week. I am wondering how long they will last as there are more than a few posts that say people were changing the batteries weekly.

mommydearest I just found out that our garbage provider will send you a package (for a fee of course) that you can put batteries and the new fluorescent light bulbs in and mail back to them. At one point you could take batteries to Best Buy also, they used to have bins in the entry way.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Miel24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I use industrial strength Energiser batteries that I bought as a batch of 36, for a good price on Ebay. I haven't really taken notice of how long they last, but at a guess I would say 10 to 14 days maybe before they start to lose full power.

I drop my used batteries at our local supermarket they have a special bin for them near all the other recycling stuff.

Mommydearest - I know I should use frownies too, as I frown hugely when sleeping. They're just very expensive in the UK for what is effectively a few triangles made out of paper.

_________________
40 years old. Safetox, Ageless, Green Smoothies
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Not to change the subject but - someone suggested surgical tape or breath right strips as an inexpensive alternative to frownies.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Miel24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Miel I am doing I have ordered and should receive this week the tac-gel hoping this will extend the life of my electrodes


I absolutely love the tac gel. I have used the same electrode for weeks and for me, the contractions are noticeably stronger, though a very tiny amount is sufficient - the effect is less if I apply a thicker layer.

_________________
40 years old. Safetox, Ageless, Green Smoothies
Miel24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Not to change the subject but - someone suggested surgical tape or breath right strips as an inexpensive alternative to frownies.


Yes, that's a good point. I tried using surgical tape but have no idea what shape to do. I tried smoothing my brow and then stuck the tape just across where the 11's would be, but didn't really work...I could still see some frowning underneath. Maybe I just have very strong muscles there?

If anyone has a better technique I would love to know?

_________________
40 years old. Safetox, Ageless, Green Smoothies
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
Alley wrote:
Not to change the subject but - someone suggested surgical tape or breath right strips as an inexpensive alternative to frownies.


Yes, that's a good point. I tried using surgical tape but have no idea what shape to do. I tried smoothing my brow and then stuck the tape just across where the 11's would be, but didn't really work...I could still see some frowning underneath. Maybe I just have very strong muscles there?

If anyone has a better technique I would love to know?


Laughing Laughing I am soooo relieved to hear that because I have never used frownies but was thinking of getting surgical tape. I then starting thinking about how to execute that,
1. do you pull the 11's apart and tape
2. do you use multiple pieces of tape

another tip from Carol Maggio is to get rid of your pillow, I sleep with 2 and there are some mornings when I get up and look like a 2 yr old getting up from a hard nap with the lines all over my face Shock

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Toby has an alternative posted on this thread, I never tried this and don't know if Toby still uses this?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6385431

I agree Frownies are a PIA to use! Laughing

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Miel24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon, I have just read the entire thread that you've kindly posted, and I found the following post from member Pustekuchen that caught my interest:


"I switched from medical tape to art tape.
If you go into an art supply store, they have kraft paper tape with gum arabic on the back in a roll. you have to wet the back to get it to stick. sound familiar?
It's like $4 for a roll. and you can cut to whatever sizes and shapes you want"


So...It might be worth a try, I used this stuff a lot when I used to paint and it does appear to be very similar, if not perhaps even the same material as Frownies. Will look into it this week.

_________________
40 years old. Safetox, Ageless, Green Smoothies
System
Automatic Message
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Dr Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisture with Mega 10 Plus for Eyes (15 ml / 0.5 floz)