Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
I've used Safetox twice - yesterday and today. Each time I followed the protocol in the manual - I start with level 1, then as soon as that is done, I do level 2. OMG... I get nauseous... today it almost felt like I would get a migraine from it. Sad For a good hour I was swallowing and praying this didn't turn into a trip to headache hell.

Someone please tell me this gets better. Pray Pray

I might just stay at level 1 for a while, but at the same time, I don't want to stall my progress. During the process it doesn't hurt exactly... it is not comfortable yet... but I'm getting used to the drill in the forehead routine. But by no means can I say I like it.

More than anything, it's the after-effects that worry me. Any feedback would be appreciated...

By all means stay at Level 1...you will acclimate in time, and can then move up to Level 2. It really won't impact your progress much at all (if any).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany... This morning I did a level 1 (which went well... again not comfy, but tolerable). Then I went to level 2 but immediately hit the button (keeping the power level from increasing) and stayed that way until the end.

Essentially it was level 1 twice. I still felt a bit nauseous but not like the other day. My tummy was upset for most of the day but not enough to make this a definite "no go."

Thanks for your feedback, I truly appreciate it. I'll just continue like this until one day I can handle it better... which I hope is soon.

P.S. Even when I was able to do a level 2, I didn't feel the area was "anesthetized" like it states is the goal in the manual. Do you all feel that after your sessions? Maybe that only happens after level 3?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2012 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Thank you, Bethany... This morning I did a level 1 (which went well... again not comfy, but tolerable). Then I went to level 2 but immediately hit the button (keeping the power level from increasing) and stayed that way until the end.

Essentially it was level 1 twice. I still felt a bit nauseous but not like the other day. My tummy was upset for most of the day but not enough to make this a definite "no go."

Thanks for your feedback, I truly appreciate it. I'll just continue like this until one day I can handle it better... which I hope is soon.

P.S. Even when I was able to do a level 2, I didn't feel the area was "anesthetized" like it states is the goal in the manual. Do you all feel that after your sessions? Maybe that only happens after level 3?

If you are feeling sick to your stomach, I would only do one session of Level 1, and work up to 2 of Level 1 when you can.

And I never really felt that my forehead was ever frozen, though it was a tad numb if I did it for several cycles twice a day. Keep in mind that it is working/relaxing your muscles, but it will never feel or look like Botox.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

If you are feeling sick to your stomach, I would only do one session of Level 1, and work up to 2 of Level 1 when you can.

And I never really felt that my forehead was ever frozen, though it was a tad numb if I did it for several cycles twice a day. Keep in mind that it is working/relaxing your muscles, but it will never feel or look like Botox.

Ok, great... Since I read that word, "anesthetized" I thought it might feel numb at some point. Good to know that I don't have to torture myself to get to some impossible ideal, lol. But it would be nice if the 11s were fainter, for sure. I'll take that if nothing else. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Ok, great... Since I read that word, "anesthetized" I thought it might feel numb at some point. Good to know that I don't have to torture myself to get to some impossible ideal, lol. But it would be nice if the 11s were fainter, for sure. I'll take that if nothing else. Wink

I did 2 cycles on Level 2 for the 3 different points about 4 hours ago, and my forehead is actually still a bit numb. But thankfully not frozen like Botox, if you have done that in the past.

This is my favorite gadget ever...primarily for the ability to lift my eyelids!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I did 2 cycles on Level 2 for the 3 different points about 4 hours ago, and my forehead is actually still a bit numb. But thankfully not frozen like Botox, if you have done that in the past.

Well, the good news is that I'm finally getting more used to level 1. I tried level 2 again, but hit the button about 8 seconds into it. I experienced no nausea from the ten minutes.

Now I need to gently experiment with the 3 point system... I need to work on the 11s in a big way, especially since I need to take the levels so slowly. Maybe this will give me a leg up. Or should I say an eyebrow? LOL Laughing

Thanks for your feedback! I am getting pretty lax with my face exercises so your reports give me hope for improvement! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Well, the good news is that I'm finally getting more used to level 1. I tried level 2 again, but hit the button about 8 seconds into it. I experienced no nausea from the ten minutes.

Now I need to gently experiment with the 3 point system... I need to work on the 11s in a big way, especially since I need to take the levels so slowly. Maybe this will give me a leg up. Or should I say an eyebrow? LOL Laughing

Thanks for your feedback! I am getting pretty lax with my face exercises so your reports give me hope for improvement! Very Happy

I would start the 3 point treatment on Level 1 with OLD batteries just to be on the safe side, because the 2 outer points can feel a little intense. And go for the 3 point at Level 1 instead of worrying about Level 2 yet...you will get faster results and minimize the nausea. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that the impact is very dependent on the freshness of the batteries and the electrode.

I tried that liquid to prolong the life of the electrode - I guess I am too clumsy, did not work out.

Where is everyone getting the batteries and electrodes?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Three point system on Level 1 ... Will do! Smile

I know slow and steady wins the race (just need to remember that!). This morning I noticed my 11s were softer(?!) so something is working since I have not done any face exercises in a few days and even when I was doing them, I was only doing a 5 minute routine (just to make the process more doable.)

So...hmmmm... I am encouraged!

P.S. I tried using Tac Gel very lightly to prolong my first electrode... and OMG what a difference. Almost sparky difference (as in feeling little sparks on my skin from the contact). I will be very careful about this in the future. I think the conductivity was improved three fold if not more!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Has there ever been any word from the company that they might be working on a unit that operates without batteries?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Has there ever been any word from the company that they might be working on a unit that operates without batteries?

I have not seen any updated info on that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I noticed that the impact is very dependent on the freshness of the batteries and the electrode.

I tried that liquid to prolong the life of the electrode - I guess I am too clumsy, did not work out.

Where is everyone getting the batteries and electrodes?

TIA

Tac Gel has been awesome in limiting my purchase of new electrodes in the past. But when I have reordered, I have ordered them from here:

http://www.body4real.co.uk/product.php?productid=18013

The battery I previously bought from closed, so I will probably order from some place like batteries.com in the future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

thanks for a quick reply.

Could you, please, tell me how you apply Tac Gel?
I put it on the back of the electrode and it was going all over the place. May be I used too much? Or are you supposed to apply it only to some parts of the back?

I tried both 3-point and 1 point at level 3; I have only used it for less then a months and irregularly, but had seen fantastic results with my 11 and forehead wrinkles.

I will also be looking for a USA source of electrodes (there are similar ones used in phys. therapy equipment, so .. - if I find it I will let everyone know).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Could you, please, tell me how you apply Tac Gel?

I put it on the back of the electrode and it was going all over the place. May be I used too much? Or are you supposed to apply it only to some parts of the back?

Take a VERY small amount of the Tac Gel and spread over the back of electrode (primarily the black area)....I use my pinky. Less is more in this case, but it needs to be enough to basically sort of rewet the old glue, though I am not sure that is how it actually works.

Then let it air dry for a minute or 2 before sticking to your head. I personally put Tac Gel on 3 different electrodes at a time, and then just plop them back on the plastic strip and use them the next day. I use one electrode for each of the 3 points (I do 2 cycles per point) because I found that they slip a bit as the glue heats up.

Supposedly you can wash the electrodes if they get goopy, and then start over with the Tac Gel...I am going to try this when my current set of 3 gets messy from reapplying Tac Gel multiple times.

sigma wrote:
I will also be looking for a USA source of electrodes (there are similar ones used in phys. therapy equipment, so .. - if I find it I will let everyone know).

That would be great!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
OMG... I attempted the three point technique tonight... What a sensation!

On the two upper points, I felt vibrations to the top center of my head and even at toward the temple... is this normal? Do you experience that as well?

Just wanted to make sure I was placing the electrodes properly. What I did was essentially place one electrode above the beginning of each eyebrow (such that the bottom of the electrode just about touches the top of the start of the eyebrow... is this correct?)

Also, whenever I press the button twice, I always get an extra "beep" whereas that doesn't happen when I just press once or three times... Is that normal?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
OMG... I attempted the three point technique tonight... What a sensation!

On the two upper points, I felt vibrations to the top center of my head and even at toward the temple... is this normal? Do you experience that as well?

Just wanted to make sure I was placing the electrodes properly. What I did was essentially place one electrode above the beginning of each eyebrow (such that the bottom of the electrode just about touches the top of the start of the eyebrow... is this correct?)

Also, whenever I press the button twice, I always get an extra "beep" whereas that doesn't happen when I just press once or three times... Is that normal?

You may hear some extra beeping if the headset is not making full contact with the electrode. And you will feel it much more intensely, and in different places which lets you know it is definitely working.

Try to move the electrode to right above the middle of each eyebrow....the goal is to impact some of the outer muscles connecting to the forehead muscles. You may be able to feel it go down the side of your face, and even over your upper lip. I can also feel it at my jawline.

BTW, not everyone can do the 3 point method due to the size of their heads. So be careful that you don't overextend the headband, or it could crack. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Just an FYI for new Safetox users...don't overdo using it at the beginning, or you could experience some "facial fatigue" seen as swelling under the eyes, etc. just like you can see when you first start a facial exercise program.

Start slow, and work up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I take this comment back to some degree, lol. I have been doing 2 cycles of the 3 point treatment at Level 2 (sometimes 2x a day) and my forehead is feeling pretty numb thoughout the day. But as expected, it still has more movement than when I did Botox.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

I take this comment back to some degree, lol. I have been doing 2 cycles of the 3 point treatment at Level 2 (sometimes 2x a day) and my forehead is feeling pretty numb thoughout the day. But as expected, it still has more movement than when I did Botox.

I agree, lol. The other day I did 2 cycles of the 3 points at night... and in the morning I could feel my forehead was *still* somewhat numb. But then, other times I don't quite experience that sensation.

Once, after finishing one of those marathon sessions, I felt tingling continue for a good 15 minutes... making me wonder if that honestly was too much. After all the LED controversy, I really need to think about what overdoing it might mean with other devices like Safetox!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

I agree, lol. The other day I did 2 cycles of the 3 points at night... and in the morning I could feel my forehead was *still* somewhat numb. But then, other times I don't quite experience that sensation.

Once, after finishing one of those marathon sessions, I felt tingling continue for a good 15 minutes... making me wonder if that honestly was too much. After all the LED controversy, I really need to think about what overdoing it might mean with other devices like Safetox!

I think you can overdo any device, but there are definite differences in the "damage" each can cause. In your case, I think you are very sensitive, and I would not recommend any marathon sessions. 1x per each of the 3 points should be sufficient at this point. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

I think you can overdo any device, but there are definite differences in the "damage" each can cause. In your case, I think you are very sensitive, and I would not recommend any marathon sessions. 1x per each of the 3 points should be sufficient at this point. Smile

I know, I know! Smile The funny part is how I am now able to sense the deep relaxation that you all have spoken about... it's so paradoxical because I was so gobsmacked the first several times! The nausea during that first week made me really think I would have to return it/ sell it/ or just let it languish.

Now... I really look forward to it! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

I know, I know! Smile The funny part is how I am now able to sense the deep relaxation that you all have spoken about... it's so paradoxical because I was so gobsmacked the first several times! The nausea during that first week made me really think I would have to return it/ sell it/ or just let it languish.

Now... I really look forward to it! Laughing

If you stick to the right level, it really IS relaxing! I am using mine right now, and I cut the outer 2 points back to level 1 because level 2 is frankly painful. I decided to follow my own advice and enjoy it rather than torturing myself, lol. As you said before, slow and steady wins the race!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I so agree with that... A couple of times, I went to level 3 just in the middle. I thought I would experiment with how effective a strong session would be vs. a lower level on the three points.

At least for me, it is more effective to do the lower level at the three points. My forehead lines (including b/t the brows) are so much smoother and flatter this way. It also feels the most "numb" afterwards for longer and it is way less painful overall.

When you said, "enjoy it rather than torture yourself" I flashed to what I keep hearing in my Barre3 workouts. In those workouts it's easy to push oneself too far too fast. But when I do that, I burn out and want to skip exercise altogether.

They keep saying to enjoy it... to find the still center of inner strength... and I kind of repeat that when I do Safetox, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
I so agree with that... A couple of times, I went to level 3 just in the middle. I thought I would experiment with how effective a strong session would be vs. a lower level on the three points.

At least for me, it is more effective to do the lower level at the three points. My forehead lines (including b/t the brows) are so much smoother and flatter this way. It also feels the most "numb" afterwards for longer and it is way less painful overall.

I just changed my batteries...I don't even dare try Level 3 at the moment, lol.

I also noticed that I appear to have some fluid in my upper eye area, so I am sticking with the Level 1/Level 2 combo until that resolves itself in case I have been overdoing it. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I just changed my batteries...I don't even dare try Level 3 at the moment, lol.

I also noticed that I appear to have some fluid in my upper eye area, so I am sticking with the Level 1/Level 2 combo until that resolves itself in case I have been overdoing it. Embarassed

Oooooh... please keep us posted. If it turns out that there is any correlation, that's good information to have (perhaps two sessions per point is too much?). So sorry you have to experience it. Hopefully this will pass very soon.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |