Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Bethany, can you explain the 3 point placement of the electrodes?
thx

Basically, instead of using the electrode just between your eyes, you do a treatment on each of the 3 spots below. This is what caused my jowls to disappear fairly quickly when I was using it regularly (I need to start using it again!)

bethany wrote:
Toby wrote:
Okay Bethany, Mpstat and any others that might be doing the three points with the Safetox....is this where you are placing the electrode? The arrows are not for the purpose of this topic just look at the big black circles for the placement points....

The big black circles are exactly where I am placing mine!

If you buy a Safetox, don't forget the TacGel which greatly extends the life of your electrodes! You can get that on Amazon for less than $10.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you bethany and everyone who has posted about SafeTox! Im getting one now!

Thank you for clarifying about the 3-point method too!

5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

Right, you got my attention Sunrise... not meaning to hijack the thread but what is the name of that head massager that gets the scalp muscles to wake up, please??? Drool

Hi ATester,
I got the OSIM U-Crown 2 - but check the reviews, not everyone loves it (if it feels to strong you need to adjust it!).
http://www.amazon.com/OSIM-uCrown-Soothing-Massager-Music/dp/B002TOBSQK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I was also interested in the Breo iDream3, which also massages eye area (again not everyone loved it), but in the end decided to get the uCrown and a dedicated eye one, which was a mistake cos it's not really adjustable in the sense that it seems like it's made for a flatter nose and more symmetrical face than mine (one cheekbone is larger than the other!!) Otherwise it would have been nice.. I only used the eye one a couple of times, it just wasn't comfy.

I bought the U-Crown about a year ago, there is likely to be other stuff out now!

Edit to add: Sometimes with new batteries it feels a bit too strong for me personally, it actually feels better to me when the batteries are a bit weaker, so this may be a good candidate for rechargeables, which aren't as strong as the regulars!
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using the Safetox since November and I like the ease of use. I can't report any changes in my face however. I have about 3 fine horizontal lines on my forehead that I hope it will prevent getting deeper, and I was also hoping it would lift my eyes and cheeks.
I only do the middle spot and I have been doing the Ageless bootcamp for 3 weeks as well. I am about to turn 28.
I have a few questions for other Safetox users...

1) How can you tell when your batteries or electrode needs to be changed? I use the Tac gel too, so it always sticks, but I have been using the same electrode since the end of November... I use rubbing alcohol before I apply it, so my electrode looks clean.

2) How much is too much in one session? sometimes if time allows I go 4 sessions in a row on level 3 (20 minutes)
3) How long after you stop using Safetox do you start noticing your "old face" returning?

4) What if you only have time to use it at at night, for 10 min? Has anyone seen good results with it this way, instead of 5min in the morning and 5 in the evening?

Thanks! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
My experience is three years of Safetox and it has really helped my frown frown lines and 11's. I have never seen any effect on the lower face, my other microcurrent machine has done wonders on that. I sometimes use the safetox through four cycles....I have not really given the three point system a try. I do have a friend that has used the three point area and her results within two weeks are amazing, she is 49. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody! I'm new and this is my first post. I have a bit of scrunching up of my forehead which doesnt seem to relax easily (like I will notice it scrunch up when I go out in the sun and then it doesnt go back to its normal position)..so I look like I am worried or angry..and those 11s are starting to form as well. I've been very depressed over the last year and had a lot of insomnia and crying Sad and this caused all this, which I didnt have before. I was thinking about getting the Safetox to try to reverse it. Where is the best place to order from currently? Thanks....
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:
Where is the best place to order from currently? Thanks....

Hi bellabambiiina- welcome to EDS. This is where I bought mine. They are out of the UK but ship to most places.

http://www.win-health.co.uk/safetox.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bellabambiiina wrote:

Hi bellabambiiina- welcome to EDS. This is where I bought mine. They are out of the UK but ship to most places.

Thanks!

How long would it take do you suppose to see any results on the forehead? I'm 42...didnt have any wrinkles or creases until now..
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bellabambiiina"]
CookieD wrote:
bellabambiiina wrote:

oh and I just saw on the bottom there that you use Mad Hippie serum..I just started on it myself yesterday..what do you think of it? I have a little bump on my forehead right around the 11s...my skin could just be reacting to the new product and hopefully will settle down! I use Frownies so maybe sticking that over the serum was a bit too much...not to go OT off the topic of Safetox...
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bellabambiiina wrote:

Thanks!

How long would it take do you suppose to see any results on the forehead? I'm 42...didnt have any wrinkles or creases until now..

I don't really remember how long it took me to see results. Maybe 6 weeks. I'm older then you but my lines on my forehead weren't that bad.

About the Mad Hippie Vit C. I really like it. It helps a lot with my acne. I use other forms of Vit C also but I use them in addition to the MH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I have a circle of friends that see me daily that have been converted and pleased with the Safetox. For anyone on the fence about this device maybe a review of my pictures will help. It is important to keep up the maintenance with the unit so that the results will last. Remember these were taken in 2008 and 2009!

Toby wrote:
This might show you how Safetox can open the eye area and lift it also work on the forehead wrinkles(last picture). I added the other pictures so you would be aware of the transformation with different devices and exercises. Imagesorry for small size..all I had(this is before any facial exercises)I was outside and frowning with the sunlight6/07
After two years of facial exercises 11/08
after STOP- a series of stop treatments 2/09
after SAFETOX treatment for 4 weeks
Okay what I thought would be interesting to observe is the lift in the eyes and the diminish of the deep forehead lines. The picture that is after 2 years of facial exercises...my forehead wrinkles have been there since I was 10yrs old...very set from being a worrier and frowner. The facial exercises have been extremely effective for all of my face but my forehead needed more.The Stop tripollar treatments really got the the work started with the lines being diminished. The Safetox is working on paralyzing the muscles and still lifting the eye area. I now do no forehead exercises and very limited eye exercises. sorry if pictures and lighting aren't exact...I tried to my best ability and limited camera expertise. I do have more mascara on in this last picture which is somewhat altering but I think you can see the difference with the lift the Safetox is giving.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This might show you how Safetox can open the eye area and lift it also work on the forehead wrinkles(last picture). I added the other pictures so you would be aware of the transformation with different devices and exercises.
Imagesorry for small size..all I had(this is before any facial exercises)I was outside and frowning with the sunlight6/07
After two years of facial exercises 11/08
after STOP- a series of stop treatments 2/09
after SAFETOX treatment for 4 weeks
Okay what I thought would be interesting to observe is the lift in the eyes and the diminish of the deep forehead lines. The picture that is after 2 years of facial exercises...my forehead wrinkles have been there since I was 10yrs old...very set from being a worrier and frowner. The facial exercises have been extremely effective for all of my face but my forehead needed more.The Stop tripollar treatments really got the the work started with the lines being diminished. The Safetox is working on paralyzing the muscles and still lifting the eye area. I now do no forehead exercises and very limited eye exercises. sorry if pictures and lighting aren't exact...I tried to my best ability and limited camera expertise. I do have more mascara on in this last picture which is somewhat altering but I think you can see the difference with the lift the Safetox is giving.
Toby

I used the Lightstim to thicken and smooth things out further
Now this is a recent shot..three year later

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
OMG...I just looked at my post last night and I said I'm 42 Shock ...I'm 41!! Great...now I am adding years to my age!!

The stress did add a year to my age, so maybe that's where that boo-boo came from Question Laughing
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bellabambiiina wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bellabambiiina wrote:

Thanks!

I don't really remember how long it took me to see results. Maybe 6 weeks. I'm older then you but my lines on my forehead weren't that bad.

About the Mad Hippie Vit C. I really like it. It helps a lot with my acne. I use other forms of Vit C also but I use them in addition to the MH.

Thank you Cookie!

I just wish that it was sold in the US...I hate the idea of being stuck with it in case it doesnt work out for me...here in the States they make returns so easy..
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Toby, your forehead looks amazing! Congratulations!!

Are all the pics taken in sunlight like the first one? I squint at the faintest hint of sunlight and my forehead becomes a scrunchfest. Laughing

It seems you've used many different things on your forehead...Stop and LightStim as well as Safetox? But if there was one thing that you felt helped the most, which one was it? The safetox?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 am      Reply with quote
The tiny first photo was taken outside and it was the only one could find prior to working on my forehead. The next one was taken inside and the forehead wrinkles were severe...not squinting for sure. Hands down safetox was the best for relaxing the forehead wrinkles but S my situation was more severe I needed work on the skin Nd the other devices did the fine tuning.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The tiny first photo was taken outside and it was the only one could find prior to working on my forehead. The next one was taken inside and the forehead wrinkles were severe...not squinting for sure. Hands down safetox was the best for relaxing the forehead wrinkles but S my situation was more severe I needed work on the skin Nd the other devices did the fine tuning.

Well your forehead looks amazing...so smooth and relaxed...congratulations! I want to start doing all the right things now so I can look like that! Smile

The problem is that all those solutions out there put together are quite overwhelming...I think I just need to maybe pick one or two things to focus on at a time. I was trying to figure out if the safetox might be one of those essential things..from your story it seems like it!

I am against Botox 100%...I have seen cosmetic dermatologists who care about not much else than making a buck. I dont trust them to take the best care of me when doing these procedures. And even in good hands, things can go wrong. I cant risk that. I wouldnt be able to handle it emotionally.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I am riding in the car with my hubby and using my iPhone so forgive my typing. I totally understand the overwhelming issues of all the approaches and devices out there. I have learned so much since joining this forum in 2007. I first discovered that I needed to take note of the skin type of the poster because what is good for one skin type might not be the best for another. Also age is a big factor.. people in their 50and over range might need several approaches to an issue where someone in their 30's and 40's need only a single approach. As far as the forehead issue for me my forehead wrinkles were from years of frowning and using exaggerated expressions. I do a lot of speaking and training with large groups of people. You use way more expressions with that daily activity and the muscles on the forehead were strong and needed relaxing....safetox did that. I noticed a difference within the first couple of sessions... It was very dramatic for me but it took about four months to really get the job done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am riding in the car with my hubby and using my iPhone so forgive my typing. I totally understand the overwhelming issues of all the approaches and devices out there. I have learned so much since joining this forum in 2007. I first discovered that I needed to take note of the skin type of the poster because what is good for one skin type might not be the best for another. Also age is a big factor.. people in their 50and over range might need several approaches to an issue where someone in their 30's and 40's need only a single approach. As far as the forehead issue for me my forehead wrinkles were from years of frowning and using exaggerated expressions. I do a lot of speaking and training with large groups of people. You use way more expressions with that daily activity and the muscles on the forehead were strong and needed relaxing....safetox did that. I noticed a difference within the first couple of sessions... It was very dramatic for me but it took about four months to really get the job done.

Well, that sounds good to me!

I dont have those horizontal lines on my forehead though...what I notice is the 11s starting to form 2 grooves vertically (way more visible in sunlight, in other lighting it varies how noticeable they are). Also, the muscles directly above the eyebrows seem chronically raised and look like they are starting to bunch up a little. Would the Safetox help with this?

I have normal to oily skin and an olive/tan skintone..somewhat sensitive skin as well.

For skincare I was using a multipeptide serum sold by Vitacost but when I read that Argireline can actually make skin sag, it really made me doubt whether that is good for these expression lines. So I stopped that and just started the Mad Hippie C serum. I was also considering Copper serum to tighten...but I've read of the uglies so a little afraid of that too.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I really think the Safetox would help. Topically actives haven't really been effective for me on this area because it is an issue with the muscle needing relaxing and trust me once you feel the punch of the current from the Safetox to relax the muscle you won't be able to imagine anything else being so effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
My experience is three years of Safetox and it has really helped my frown frown lines and 11's. I have never seen any effect on the lower face, my other microcurrent machine has done wonders on that. I sometimes use the safetox through four cycles....I have not really given the three point system a try. I do have a friend that has used the three point area and her results within two weeks are amazing, she is 49. Wink

Hi Toby,
Thanks for posting your good results, it is a boost to keep up the beauty routines seeing the fantastic results!!!
I was just wanting to double check if your results have been of only using the one point, as recommended by the product as you mention you never really gave the three point area a try. I'm not constant enough to keep up results, but interested if only the center point is enough.
TIA!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you are right I just do the one point! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Yes you are right I just do the one point! Wink

Thank you! Very Happy
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I really think the Safetox would help. Topically actives haven't really been effective for me on this area because it is an issue with the muscle needing relaxing and trust me once you feel the punch of the current from the Safetox to relax the muscle you won't be able to imagine anything else being so effective.

Well that is pretty convincing! I will definitely set my sights on getting this.

I think you said you tried the Nu Face and it didnt help? That was another device I was thinking about.

By the way as a newbie I am limited to only 5 posts or something per day (also time limits my posts per day)...yesterday I wanted to reply but couldn't, had to wait until today.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love microcurrent and have numerous devices. I really like the nuface but it doesn't effectively treat forehead issues on me. I it great for lifting cheeks, jowls, and the neck. The Safetox has strictly worked on forehead and lifting the eyes...also opening up the middle of the face.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |