Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Tanda ZAP - White Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
CPHgirl
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Sat May 04, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:
I have been eyeing the Safetox for ages - reading this thread forwards and backwards, looking at their site etc.

And now I caved and ordered it, yay! Very Happy I hope that it will get from the UK to Denmark fast.


Hmm, I've started to worry a bit about my purchase. I bought from WinHealth since there's a lot of positive feedback on them in this thread. The payment was processed from my bankaccount on Thursday morning, but I've yet to receive an actual invoice or a message on my package being shipped.

Is that normal with UK companies or just WinHealth??
I'm used to the payment being drawn and the parcel shipped within the same working day, and ofc getting a shipment confirmation or the concluded invoice at the same time, so I'm really concerned about this. I hope that it is "just" bad service.

Oh well. At least I paid with PayPal. It is annoying though Sad

ETA: I see that the company is safeBuy approved. I'll try to be patient.

_________________
Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
miracleskin29
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 138
Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been having problems with my safetox. Once I have it placed and turn it on, it beeps and stops working. I have double checked that it is placed properly and changed batterys,etc. Does anyone have suggestions?

I have written the company just a while ago and am waiting to here back.

ETa hear back, not here back,lol

_________________
42, starting facial exercise, vip total face machine, sue vit c , retina, had peels, botox, fat injection, very good skin texture but fine lines around eyes
puddlelover
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 98
Sun May 05, 2013 12:22 am      Reply with quote
CPHGirl, I can't recall how long dispatch takes from Winhealth, but I have dealt with them several times and have always found them to be very helpful and professional. So I would suggest that your email them just to ask for confirmation etc. please though bear in mind that its a 'bank holiday' weekend here in the UK, most places will open again on Tuesday

_________________
AALS since 6/1/12. Oralift since 15/1/12. FlexEffect since April 2011, no change so switched to Ageless Feb 2012.
CPHgirl
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Sun May 05, 2013 1:35 am      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
CPHGirl, I can't recall how long dispatch takes from Winhealth, but I have dealt with them several times and have always found them to be very helpful and professional. So I would suggest that your email them just to ask for confirmation etc. please though bear in mind that its a 'bank holiday' weekend here in the UK, most places will open again on Tuesday


Thank you so much for that comment Smile. From the reviews in here they seem ok, but I just got worried. I'll write them in the middle of the coming week if I haven't heard anything.

_________________
Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sun May 05, 2013 4:42 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
I have been having problems with my safetox. Once I have it placed and turn it on, it beeps and stops working. I have double checked that it is placed properly and changed batterys,etc. Does anyone have suggestions?

I have written the company just a while ago and am waiting to here back.

ETa hear back, not here back,lol


That usually means that it is not making sufficient contact with the electrode. Did you try using a fresh electrode?

You could also check the metal connectors on the back of the headband to see if one of them got push in (that happened to mine).

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Sun May 05, 2013 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Win-health has been great to work with as I have ordered numerous items from them in the past several years. Usually I receive my order quicker than when I order things from my own country, the USA. I am sure your order is fine but an email to them would help you rest easier! Hope you love your Safetox as much as I do. It is a great device!

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
miracleskin29
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 138
Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

That usually means that it is not making sufficient contact with the electrode. Did you try using a fresh electrode?

You could also check the metal connectors on the back of the headband to see if one of them got push in (that happened to mine).


Hi Bethany, Thanks for the suggestion. I have not checked the back of the headband and will do so as soon as I can find it. (just moved)

_________________
42, starting facial exercise, vip total face machine, sue vit c , retina, had peels, botox, fat injection, very good skin texture but fine lines around eyes
CPHgirl
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Mon May 06, 2013 11:20 am      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:
CPHgirl wrote:
I have been eyeing the Safetox for ages - reading this thread forwards and backwards, looking at their site etc.

And now I caved and ordered it, yay! Very Happy I hope that it will get from the UK to Denmark fast.


Hmm, I've started to worry a bit about my purchase. I bought from WinHealth since there's a lot of positive feedback on them in this thread. The payment was processed from my bankaccount on Thursday morning, but I've yet to receive an actual invoice or a message on my package being shipped.

Is that normal with UK companies or just WinHealth??
I'm used to the payment being drawn and the parcel shipped within the same working day, and ofc getting a shipment confirmation or the concluded invoice at the same time, so I'm really concerned about this. I hope that it is "just" bad service.

Oh well. At least I paid with PayPal. It is annoying though Sad

ETA: I see that the company is safeBuy approved. I'll try to be patient.


I take it back, I take it back! Came home from work today to find a note in my mailbox that a package from WinHealth was tried delivered on Friday. That's delivery from the UK to DK in 2 1/2 day - impressive.
Aaaand that's me making a swift trip to pick up the package, good thing my local pick up point is open until 9 pm Smile

_________________
Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
ellaelise
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 114
Wed May 08, 2013 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I am still reading through the posts but wanted everyone's opinion. I have fine lines on my forehead including 11s... I have ALWAYS had fine lines, even when I was very young (teenager) but my age and how fine they were made them pretty much a non-issue. Of course, now that I'm getting older they're becoming more and more noticeable to me. I also wouldn't mind a "lift" effect. Do you think this product would be beneficial to someone who is on the younger side, but still definitely has fine lines? I'm thinking if nothing else, my mother would definitely love this product, and it's really priced fairly. Plus, Toby's pictures were AMAZING.
CPHgirl
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using my Safetox for a week now. I haven't seen any dramatic difference yet, but I'll keep you posted Smile

There is a small issue though. The covers on the batteries won't stay shut, I can't "click" them in. Anyone else had that problem?

And those of you who does the three point treatment, what setting are you using on the outer points? I really try with setting 3, but it is very unpleasant - painful actually - and it makes my eyes water.

_________________
Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:

There is a small issue though. The covers on the batteries won't stay shut, I can't "click" them in. Anyone else had that problem?

And those of you who does the three point treatment, what setting are you using on the outer points? I really try with setting 3, but it is very unpleasant - painful actually - and it makes my eyes water.


Sometimes my battery doors have a hard time staying shut. If I swing the door all the way open and take the battery out, put it back in and then close the door again, that has seemed to work for me.

I do the 3 point treatment and use level 1 and then another round using level 2. I only use level 3 on the above the nose position. (the recommended location from Safetox)

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
CPHgirl
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

I do the 3 point treatment and use level 1 and then another round using level 2. I only use level 3 on the above the nose position. (the recommended location from Safetox)


Thank you. I'll just stop torturing myself and stick with level 2 for the outer points Smile.

_________________
Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Tue May 14, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought a Safetox last week from Body4Real on ebay. Apparently they got payment but I haven't heard a thing from them since. I also sent a follow-up email.

I've followed this thread off and on for a few years now and know they used to be a pretty good seller. However, I haven't kept up in the entire thread and don't have time to read the nearly 60 pages of it. Laughing

Anybody have any idea what's up with Body4Real? Did they become a bad vendor, or does their stuff have a habit of showing up at your door with no notification? [Hoping it's the latter and not the former!]
VirginiaWhite
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 65
Tue May 14, 2013 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
ellaelise wrote:
I am still reading through the posts but wanted everyone's opinion. I have fine lines on my forehead including 11s... I have ALWAYS had fine lines, even when I was very young (teenager) but my age and how fine they were made them pretty much a non-issue. Of course, now that I'm getting older they're becoming more and more noticeable to me. I also wouldn't mind a "lift" effect. Do you think this product would be beneficial to someone who is on the younger side, but still definitely has fine lines? I'm thinking if nothing else, my mother would definitely love this product, and it's really priced fairly. Plus, Toby's pictures were AMAZING.


I'm in the same boat as ellaelise, so very curious as to the answer on this one....anyone???
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Bumping this in case anyone can give me any insight into Body4Real. I'm getting ready to call Paypal and get my money back from them because I haven't heard a thing about shipping or anything. Anybody still reading this thread bought from them?
CPHgirl
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 39
Wed May 15, 2013 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Bumping this in case anyone can give me any insight into Body4Real. I'm getting ready to call Paypal and get my money back from them because I haven't heard a thing about shipping or anything. Anybody still reading this thread bought from them?


I had the same experience with WinHealth, but they shipped super fast and I got my safetox with no further problems. Maybe it's the same with Body4real?

I think I may have OD'ed on my Safetox Embarassed.
I use it morning and evenings, but this afternoon, 10+ hours after my morning session and last use of the device, my forehead started to tingle just as is does right after a session. Weird!

_________________
Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu May 16, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Bumping this in case anyone can give me any insight into Body4Real. I'm getting ready to call Paypal and get my money back from them because I haven't heard a thing about shipping or anything. Anybody still reading this thread bought from them?


They definitely used to be a good seller, and I purchased my Safetox and refills from them (nothing in the last 18 months though). I checked their ebay feedback, and while their negatives are statistically low, there appear to be delays when they list products that are not in stock.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=body4real&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=180&_trkparms=negative_180


Maybe post something on their Facebook page to get their attention?

https://www.facebook.com/Body4RealUK

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Thu May 16, 2013 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, bethany. One of the reasons I bought from them is because of the good feedback. Concerning me most is that my emails are apparently getting blown off and they haven't even sent me an ebay message. I have had no thank you, no shipping info, nothing.

I tried ebay support page, which (as you likely know) is kind of lame. It said the estimated delivery date is Monday (where ebay database got that date I have no idea, maybe it's just auto-fill for an across-the-pond shipment based on the order date) and I should wait until then before disputing or putting in for a resolution. So if I haven't heard from them by Monday I'm just going to call PayPal and have them get my money back. I hope maybe someone at body4real is reading this! Wink

Unfortunately I don't do FB. I had a really creepy neighbor a while back that made me totally re-think social networking. I actually don't miss it.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 2198
Thu May 16, 2013 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
CPHGirl, I also had the " I'm being haunted by safetox !" thing, very peculiar. There is an energy centre behind where we use the safetox, the ajna chakra.. maybe it is something to do with that!
LauraR
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Fri May 17, 2013 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their postings on the Safetox. I bought it last year, and I don't mind the sensation at all. I find it relaxing, and it makes me sleepy too. It helps with headaches. My 11s were changed a bit, but the horizontal wrinkles were unchanged. I was getting little muscle spasms in my forehead and head, like little shocks. Not painful, just disturbing. This would be many hours, days, or even weeks after a treatment. I sent an email and the company doctor said it was normal, and it meant it was working. I could feel these little spasms in my sleep at night, mostly, and sometimes during the day. The doctor said the Safetox effects continue long after a treatment. Then my Safetox stopped working, just made a continuous beep like an alarm. I took this as a sign, along with the little buzzing or shock or spasm sensations, and stopped using it. That's my experience--I am glad for others who have had success and not had this weirdness.
LauraR
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Fri May 17, 2013 6:53 am      Reply with quote
In case anyone was wondering, I did use the Safetox for about 7-8 months. I liked it so much I brought it with me on vacation! But the 'haunting' effect is spooky. Anyone else have this?
Toby, thanks for your pictures and congratulations on aging backwards!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Fri May 17, 2013 9:04 am      Reply with quote
LauraR wrote:
In case anyone was wondering, I did use the Safetox for about 7-8 months. I liked it so much I brought it with me on vacation! But the 'haunting' effect is spooky. Anyone else have this?


I did get some twitches of my eyebrow. Kind of like muscle spasms. I stopped using it quite as often and they went away. I'm on maintenance now so I don't use it as often and have not had any more problems.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
LauraR
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Mon May 20, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I used it once a day for 15 minutes max. The manual says five minutes twice a day. I am amazed that people are using it for longer sessions with multiple points.

It has been five months since I stopped using Safetox and I am STILL getting the little buzzing sensations in my forehead, though they are not as strong. I still using my NuSkin galvanic spa, and I think the microcurrent might reactivate the muscle response a bit.

I notice that there is no forum on the NuSkin. Is that because it is sold multilevel? I am not a distributor, but I appreciate the feedback posted in these forums. I would like to read some third-party reviews.

I did like the Safetox and noticed some effects on my forehead, but I have been too spooked to start using it again because of the long-term haunting effect.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 476
Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got my Safetox. I never got any communication from body4real until I opened a trouble ticket with ebay, though. It arrived a couple days after that. Weird. But I'm happy. I got it, and it works. It's a pretty cool little gadget!

I'd like to know a couple things after reading back through the thread, though.

1) Where is everyone getting replacement electrodes? WinHealth?

2) Is anyone washing their electrodes and then applying TacGel to prolong the life? I got TacGel and like the idea of washing them, I just want to check with more experienced users before doing this.

3) Anyone putting them in the fridge to help prolong the life?

3) Is the 3-point position still a good thing to do?

Any advice is deeply appreciated!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad you finally got your Safetox. I hope it works out for you.


Yubs wrote:

1) Where is everyone getting replacement electrodes? WinHealth?


I ordered some extra when I first order my Safetox from WinHealth.


Yubs wrote:

2) Is anyone washing their electrodes and then applying TacGel to prolong the life? I got TacGel and like the idea of washing them, I just want to check with more experienced users before doing this.


I use a little alcohol pad. The kind of one you use when you get a shot and just wipe the electrode and let it dry for awhile. After it's dry I add more TacGel.


Yubs wrote:

3) Anyone putting them in the fridge to help prolong the life?


I put them in the fridge and it seems to work fine.


Yubs wrote:

3) Is the 3-point position still a good thing to do?


Yes.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Tanda ZAP - White Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)