Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Got mine yesterday. Will read up on the instructions and use it tonight. I am exicited. I got in with in a week. Amazing delilvery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Please everyone keep posting any results. My forehead, especially my 11s, are awful, but the rest is pretty good for 41. I am so self conscious of my deep lines but can't afford to go back to Botox. I'm literally sitting on the fence about the Safetox.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had my lips touched up at the derm today, and gave in and had my forehead lines Botoxed Shock after my PA pointed out how she couldn't stop looking at them. Embarassed Me either, actually...they were driving me NUTS! I have some big work presentations coming up where I need to be as confident as possible, so anything helps.

I already know that the Safetox will help (eventually) erase or soften lines, but now I am going to see if the Safetox can prolong my Botox treatment. I am very consistent on how quickly it fades for me, and this will be a great test. And hopefully by the time it wears off (about 2 months), the Safetox will have really kicked in and the lines will not restablish themselves.

So no Safetox for me for the next 2 weeks...then I start up again with daily usage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
For those of you doing consecutive treatments (I've tried doing two level 3 treatments one after the other) do you find the second treatment doesn't go the full 5 mins? My second round seems to be shorter.

Regarding the electrodes in the patches - is it the case that the electrodes lose their potency? I thought that the reason you had to use a new patch was just because the stickiness wears off. I'm still using my first patch and it still sticks like new, but I intend to change the batteries every week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
For those of you doing consecutive treatments (I've tried doing two level 3 treatments one after the other) do you find the second treatment doesn't go the full 5 mins? My second round seems to be shorter.

Regarding the electrodes in the patches - is it the case that the electrodes lose their potency? I thought that the reason you had to use a new patch was just because the stickiness wears off. I'm still using my first patch and it still sticks like new, but I intend to change the batteries every week.

The metal stripes on the patches do not transmit as well after 5 treatment cycles of usage....I can't remember if I read that in the manual or the website, but I definitely read it on one of them. I when I start back up I think I will most likely do 2 patches a week.

I never really noticed a decrease in time when doing 2 L3 treatments back to back, but I didn't time them either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I know cleaning contacts in computers with an eraser and rubbing alcohol helps- have you tried tried that with these? I have no idea what they look like.

I am hoping that at sometime in the future I will have enough money put aside to get one of these machines. I get migraines, and stress headaches and sinus...
and I looked at the other machine they make specifically addressing these issues, and it costs more. a lot more. Does anyone know if it also helps the lines in the forhead? I would imagine that it might... There is no place on their website to ask this question.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
I looked at the other machine they make specifically addressing these issues, and it costs more. a lot more. Does anyone know if it also helps the lines in the forhead? I would imagine that it might... There is no place on their website to ask this question.

You would need to make sure that it focuses on both nerves and muscles like Safetox.

I did try cleaning the electrode strips, but over a number of treatment cycles, they start to become a bit bent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy,
I did email the company from their website and they gave me a lot of information for my daughter-in-law that is a migraine sufferer. I didn't ask the question about forehead wrinkles though...Keep check the company's website because it does have an email and they respond promptly.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
The metal stripes on the patches do not transmit as well after 5 treatment cycles of usage.....

So, we only use the patches 5 times? That's not much. Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Toby - I will do that tuesday when i am back at work.
Keliu have you (or anyone ) looked at any other electrode suppliers? are they electrodes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
The metal stripes on the patches do not transmit as well after 5 treatment cycles of usage.....

So, we only use the patches 5 times? That's not much. Shock

Yep...that's why they say that a refill pack of 12 electrodes will last for 60 treatments.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
Keliu have you (or anyone ) looked at any other electrode suppliers? are they electrodes?

I meant are they electrodes like the ones they sell for the home "wave" machines for muscle stimulation

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
IMCathy wrote:

I meant are they electrodes like the ones they sell for the home "wave" machines for muscle stimulation

Doubtful...these ones have little knobs on them to lock the Safetox in place over the metal strips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Can the electrodes be ordered in the usa? or Do you have to go to the uk to have them shipped?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered electrodes from 2 places:

I ordered from this place and had super fast shipping...a little less than a week to receive them. I definitely recommend!

http://www.treatyourskin.co.uk/default.asp?goproducts=yes&product_collection=16&product_category=230&product_category_name=Safetox&product_id=319&gclid=CJD25MazkJsCFQE0xgod4y3Fnw

I do NOT recommend this place....I ordered weeks ago, and still have NOT received them.

http://www.superfooduk.com/safetox-electrode-patches-refill-pack-2834-p.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Well, I didn't make it 2 weeks before using my Safetox after Botox...I started back up after 1 week because I missed using it! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have a question here, specifically for those of you doing facial exercises and a bit more familiar with the face's muscles work out.

What muscles do you actually feel when using the safetox?

TIA!
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I am enjoying the results of the safetox, I was waking up and my 11's very pronounced. Now, after a week with this machine, they are not as pronounced and as my face relaxes after a few minutes, the 11's are almost gone. Hurray. I am botox resistant. I have to get at least 50 units in my glab. area. Now, I am not sure I will need it anymore. We will see. I have used one electrode this week, and I will change it today. Is that the life expectancy of the electrode? One week? My batteries seem fine. I take them out after each use. I remember using my CD player, if I didn't remove the batteries, the batteries would loose power. Like Toby said or someone, said that they will use all new for the best power in the sessions up to maintenance. Good idea. I ordered the electrodes from the place that Bethany did. So far this is the best gadget I have used. I recommend it if you have bad 11's and forehead wrinkles. Also, I see my eye's area opening up a little. I am happy. This is after a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
For Zenity and any others wanting to know how this device actually works, this site explains things far better than I can. Click on the section on "how it works" the other sections are worth reading as well. This device is truly amazing! Very Happy
http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Toby,

Thnx for the link, but I have already done my research at the site and found about "the good and the bad muscles".

My question is still at the air, and it is for the users of this device.

The reason I am asking about what muscles do you feel involved in, is because since i have learned how to move my ears, I have been gaining a lot more control of the usually forgotten muscles of the scalp. After training intensely I have found I am able to even isolate the auricularis sup, ant, and post, and came out with great variations for the occip. as well as the whole scalp. Really I have discovered a whole set of muscles I din't even know I had.

Since doing this I have noticed the corners of my eyebrows going higher, and my face somehow more "opened" -difficult to explain, i know-

After reading this thread I wondered if this device works by engaging the auricularis and therefore the occip. pulling back the tissues on every contraction in a similar way of what I have been doing by exercising. But, what got me a bit Question was the 11's patch and the comments of user's saying they couldn't frown for an hour or so after using the device.
That is something I have not experienced during my sessions regardless how intense they were (and they can be as intense to gave me headaches on the beginning of my training when I still had weak muscles but got excited when I learned how to move them. Silly girl! Laughing )

That is why I would like to know what muscles do you feel are engaged with it and what is the feeling you have when using it -I guess is a silly question as they staty they pull the tissue back-

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thnkx again!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Zenity,
You are way beyond me on the recognition of the muscles used. All I know is the type of stimulation that I experience with the device is partially paralyzing the forehead muscles. Now I am clueless to how this is achieved but when I take the device off the forehead lines are completely gone and for the most part stay that way. Shock You might want to email Mpstat, she is very knowledgeable about the facial muscles.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Zenity,
You are way beyond me on the recognition of the muscles used. All I know is the type of stimulation that I experience with the device is partially paralyzing the forehead muscles.

Ditto, lol. But I feel the forehead muscles working, the top of the scalp, my eyelids, and also the area on the outside corners of my eyes. But I have no idea what all the specific muscle names are. Very Happy

Plus, the Safetox does inhibit the nerves as well as exercising the muscles. After using it (especially after a few days), my forehead feels exactly like it does after Botox kicks in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so "technical" Confused just trying to explain what I have experienced and put it in words, to get a better contrast with you guys, about the "feeling" while using it.

I have enough if someone just tells me that the feeling is the scalp moving towards the ears or,the front feeling contracted or relaxed. I am not expecting a super-techincal explanation about all the muscles and nerves. Sorry again!

I am really curious about this, but at the same time I want to make sure that whatever this new gadget does cannot be achieved by doing what I do.

What leads me to Bethany
Thanks for your explanation. Now, I understand better... and still can't get how the hell this device can, somehow, paralize the nerves. Question
They only use electric pulses, right?

BTW, they selll it at ebay italy for 159€ I think. Is it a good deal?

-------------------

One more question to you all, would it be okay to share it with someone else?
Can you reuse the patches? Or better to get a new set for just single use.

I am thinking about giving my sister a surprise but at the same time so tempted to use it on myself.... Very Happy

Thnx beauties!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just found thid on the net doing a researh about the electro-inhibition

Extracted from:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2007/0276451.html

TECHNOLOGICAL BACKGROUND AND STATE OF THE ART
Wrinkles may be caused by a series of factors such as age, sun-induced damage, etc. but they are above all caused by facial expressions, i.e. repeated muscular contractions (expression of joy, anger, sadness, fear, surprise, etc.). They are therefore referred to as “expression wrinkles.” These wrinkles, which mainly appear on the upper half of the face, are caused by the interactions between the skin and the underlying muscles. In particular, vertical wrinkles appear on the forehead, as wrinkles known as “crow's feet” at the eye corners, horizontal wrinkles on the forehead, etc.

Thus, wrinkles on the forehead, as well as most chronic cephaleae, commonly known as “headaches” or “migraines,” are the result of prolonged tension that causes chronic contraction either of one of the three muscles of the upper part of the face: the forehead muscle (frontalis), the pair of muscles over the eyebrows (corrugators) and the pyramidal muscle of the nose (procerus), or even of several of them at the same time.

The pyramidal muscle is a fleshy little bundle of muscle located at the upper part of the back of the nose and between the eyes. It passes between the fascia covering the lower part of the nasal bone itself and the deep layer of skin in the area between the eyebrows. It draws the eyebrows downwards and towards the medial line, causing creases at the root of the nose. It is involved in frowning, the expression of concentration or simply to reduce dazzle in the case of bright light.

The forehead muscle is a flat muscle located under the skin of the forehead. It originates from the front edge of the epicranial aponeurosis and its fleshy fibres descend and attach to the deep layer of skin in the areas of the eyebrows and the area between the eyebrows. It raises the skin of the eyebrows and produces horizontal creases and wrinkles on the forehead.

Both eyebrow muscles pass on either sides of the glabella along the inner part of the superciliary arches. They originate from the inner edge of the superciliary arches and pass outwards along the arches to end in the deep layer of skin of the eyebrows. They draw the eyebrows towards the medial line and cause the vertical skin creases and wrinkles of the glabella.

Relaxing these muscles would therefore contribute to combat cephaleae and tension wrinkles. Moreover, relaxing these three muscles of the upper part of the face is likely to allow the activity of the muscles in the occipital zone to predominate. These muscles are the occipital muscle (occipitalis) and the two posterior auricular muscles (auricularis posterior).

This change of balance between facial muscles and occipital muscles in favour of the latter is likely to stretch the skin of the face, with the effect of a physiological facelift, which improves the appearance of the face.

Various treatments are already known in order to correct unsightly wrinkles such as wrinkles on the forehead or on the glabella, or crow's feet that appear on aging faces.

Some manufacturers of facial care creams recommend a suitable massage session to relax the facial muscles. However, one might doubt the effectiveness of such a treatment, above all if the expression wrinkles are already clearly marked.

There are also treatments for injecting products with a temporary action such as hyaluronic acid or type-A botulinic toxin, derived from the Clostridium botulinum bacterium (known by its commercial name Botox®). Botox® is injected at low doses into a specific muscle which becomes paralysed and therefore can no longer contract. These products have an active duration of a few months.

Permanent implants based on plastic microspheres or tubular implants made of PTFE, or alternatively collagen or silicone are also injected. The service life of these implants is several years. This relies on possibly reversible surgery.

However, these injection techniques entail a certain number of side effects such as the risk of developing an allergy or an oedema after injection, the risk of infection, red spots, bruises, irritations, etc.

Moreover, Botox® injections are in the patient's general circulation. One specific side effect is the undesirable paralysis observed in the muscles involved in swallowing (dysphagia).

In addition, muscular electro-stimulation is well known. Thus, for example, American patent U.S. Pat. No. 4,957,480 describes a method for toning the muscles and tissues of the face by stimulating the motor nerves and consequential contraction of the facial muscles, by applying galvanic currents of predetermined amplitude, frequency and polarity through electrodes moistened with a liquid solution of positively and negatively charged particles in order to insert it into the tissues so as to nurture the surrounding facial muscles and tissues. It is known from this document that it is possible, by this means, by the careful positioning of the electrodes directly on the muscle, to tire and consequently relax the forehead muscle, for example. The currents are between 300 and 640 μA with a frequency between 30 and 99 Hz, with alternating polarisation and an application time between 1 and 4 seconds, or even 10 seconds. The electric parameters used generate working fatigue similar to the muscle's voluntary fatigue, which produces only slight relaxation or none. This is the traditional field of electro-stimulation with frequencies lower than 100 Hz in order to produce short contractions.

American patent U.S. Pat. No. 3,709,228 describes a device for the electro-stimulation of the user's facial nerves and, consequently muscles, comprising a support resting on the nose and ears and having flexible arms that can extend in opposite directions and bear at their ends electrodes that contact the skin. A first electrode is positioned in order to stimulate the forehead branch of the facial nerve. A second electrode is positioned with a view to stimulate the maxillary branch of the facial nerve. Lastly, a third electrode is positioned with a view to stimulate the mandibular branch of the facial nerve. This document does not suggest the positioning of an electrode in the space between the eyebrows

-----------------------

A ppt about the safebox

http://documents.tecnosport.es/TECNOSPORT/Safetox/Formation%20ES/Before_After.ppt#19
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone get's the celafy for headaches, please report!! I'm almost constantly in pain with tension headaches originating in the back of my head and then concentrating their ferocity right between my brows like a constant dagger.

Maybe we should start a thread for that, as soon as someone get's one (if I don't get it first!). I hope it helps with keeping the forehead and eyes in great shape too... no lines for me yet, but husband has the 11's and gets fairly frequent headaches too.

BTW, I hope they come out with a rechargeable one soon. That would sell it to me immediately. I know it's possible. I just got myself a nifty little vibrator (sorry TMI!!) from LELO, and it's powerful!! but plugs in to recharge just like a mobile phone.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |