Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
The Cefaly and infared is very tempting!

Given your horror story, what have you got to lose? Give them a try. Regarding your neck pain, I would give one of those cheap heat+light massagers a try first. I have one and it's very good, it also works on my husband's knee problem.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
ooooh! that sounds great! which one is that?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
ooooh! that sounds great! which one is that?

I purchased mine from a local supermarket for around $20.00. But this is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

http://www.bigbrownbox.com.au/products/health-fitness/massage-comfort/beurer-mg70-infrared-massager.aspx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
Ah Majorb, I was put on the pill to supposedly help with my headaches, and I too ended up with daily crippling migraines!! I've never taken so many drugs in my life than during that six months until I worked out that it was the pill and stopped! Hell isn't it? It's great that it doesn't happen so often for you now.

Buscopan seems to be an antispasmodic mainly used for nausea and diarrhea. Were you nauseous or vomiting when they gave it to you? Sometimes it's combined with codeine and another relaxant that helps with pain, which may have been why it was used for you.

Are you considering the Safetox?

In that case, just as well they found out in time, or you would probably have ended up with a DVT, too - or worse, a stroke.

I sometimes vomit when I have a migraine, but wasn't nauseous during the Buscopan incident. At the time, I was suffering from severe dysmenorrhea, migraine, DVT, colitis and ankylosing spondylitis. The pain was pretty bad. Unbelievably, the Buscopan suppository worked really fast and made most of the above feel bearable! But I mentioned it because it definitely did seem to have a beneficial effect on the migraine pain. I also take it from time to time if I have spasmodic pain in my back.

I sound like a complete wreck! Thankfully, I'm mostly pretty fit these days and manage to largely keep things under control.

One of the Triptan medications made me feel ten times worse when I tried it, too. Sounds like our migraines are right little bu**ers. I do hope you find something to get yours under control. Maybe they may even improve with time, like mine did? Sorry, that's not much comfort at the moment. I can imagine what kind of hell you're going through. Not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

I really hope one of these gadgets can offer you some relief. Please do post back and let us know if anything works. I may well be tempted to give whatever it is a try, too.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
The Triptans work wonders for me - "different strokes for different folks" - so, unfortunately, it's the same with the gadgets. You never know if it's going to work on yourself until you try it.

Kevin, or anyone else - can you explain to me why the electrode patches are only good for 5 treatments. There are other microcurrent gadgets that have the electrodes permanently attached to a chord that is placed on the face. How come these don't need to be replaced? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing that helped me with migraines was Zomig in Canada. The equivalent 'magic' (I'm not kidding) pill in Europe I found was Immigraine. I'm now cured..menopause was good for something after all. Rolling Eyes
Safetox
5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The Triptans work wonders for me - "different strokes for different folks" - so, unfortunately, it's the same with the gadgets. You never know if it's going to work on yourself until you try it.

Kevin, or anyone else - can you explain to me why the electrode patches are only good for 5 treatments. There are other microcurrent gadgets that have the electrodes permanently attached to a chord that is placed on the face. How come these don't need to be replaced? TIA

It's only because the conductive adhesive gel under the electrode is not sticky anymore after a given number of uses. As long as it stick on your forehead you can keep using it.

Kevin
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Safetox wrote:
It's only because the conductive adhesive gel under the electrode is not sticky anymore after a given number of uses. As long as it stick on your forehead you can keep using it.

Kevin

Thanks for your reply - that's very useful information. Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Now that I can post websites addresses. The company I'm working for (the company who developped the safetox and the cefaly) is STX-Med (www.stx-med.com ). And the products website arewww.safetoxbeauty.com andwww.cefaly.com .

If you have any question you can contact us at info@stx-med.com

But I will stay on this forum to answer your question regarding our products.

Kevin
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Is everybody still happily Safetoxing? I've been using it twice a day for a month now. Yesterday my granddaughter (who hadn't seen me for six weeks) said, "Grammy, you aren't mad anymore!" Yeah, it works.

Is anybody using it less frequently with good results or are you as chicken as I am to cut back?

Myrna
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
That's very cool, Myrna! Kids don't lie - well not about those kinds of things!! I'm battling a huge migraine the last couple of days, but it's mostly in the back of my head where the cefaly isn't really able to help. Still trying to make up my mind, but I think I will invest for my other headaches. I'd just love to hear some positive info from someone here using it for headaches, first!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
My heart goes out to those of you with migraines, regular headaches are bad enough. I saw this early this morning and thought it might tie into to these devices here.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ then click on the article(video) A Forehead Lift to Cure Migraines?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
My heart goes out to those of you with migraines, regular headaches are bad enough. I saw this early this morning and thought it might tie into to these devices here.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ then click on the article(video) A Forehead Lift to Cure Migraines?

Interesting! They explain why Botox injections help, so it's easy to extrapolate that theory on to why the Safetox should help also.

I'm still using the Safetox twice a day. I had more Botox three weeks ago so I'm going to be interested to see if the Safetox treatments will extend the life of the Botox.

I'm also using the patches over and over, none have lost their stickiness as yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:15 am      Reply with quote
very interesting Toby! it making me a believer in safetox/cefaly, seeing as they work to numb the nerve as well! getting closer to taking the plunge. would just like to hear a few reports from users first. If anyone finds independent reviews from headache sufferers, please point me to it!
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Is everyone still loving their safetox? After a killer weeklong migraine I'm on the verge of ordering, just thought I'd check in and see if everyone still feels the safetox is working the wonders they originally did.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving it trigger and experimenting with some gels to make the electrodes last longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks toby. I'll always listen to what you have to say! Just have to talk to husband, as I've spent a fortune this week in massage gadgets to ease the pain of my muscle spasms - actually I think I overdid it, and that's what resulted in giving me a huge headache!! All the muscles in my neck became inflamed after hours on this one particular kneading device I loved a bit too much Surprised

Pretty keen to get myself the celafy Cool
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
anyone else?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Still love mine! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
yay Very Happy
orionomega
5% products discount

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've scanned this thread and Safetox seems great (except for the price). Am I right that win-health has the best price? Or am I wrong -- I have limited experience ordering outside the USA so I may have conversion wrong (@ $284 including shipping to Calif?).

Thanks for introducing this product. My forehead lines would love some attention!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed a difference in the way my eyes look lately. But today I was looking through some old pics - and when I saw this one, I thought there really has been a change. I believe my whole eye area looks more open. I'm definitely putting this down to the Safetox because it's a fairly recent change. Also, I don't use the Tua Viso around my forehead or eye area.

I've never posted B&As before, 'cause I've never experienced any visible difference from using my gadgets. But I think there has been a lifting of my eye sockets! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh WOW Keliu,First a big HELLO wave and another WOW, I do see a major difference, I agree 100% it is the work of Safetox. Your total upper area looks open and rested and the BIG word YOUNGER ImageYes Keliu I think we hit on a keeper with this device....now wonder when they will come up with one for the rest of the body Laughing I will be first in line for that!Thank you so much for sharing, you must be excited because you are ROCKING!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I too have the same result as Keliu. I have noticed my eyes are open more. It is like I now have deep set eyes. I never had that before. I will try and take a picture this evening and load in on here. I love this gadget.
I use it 2x a day. In the evening after I use it for 10 min. I use breathe right strips between my eyes to keep them from scrunching while I sleep. Once I forgot them and my 11's were back in the morning. Not as much before the Safetox, but enough so I saw them. When I put the tape on between my eyes, I see nothing. It is smooth. I must do a number to my face when I sleep. It is wonderful. I am going for some restylane this evening for my lips. If I don't chicken out. I am so afraid that I will look awful.
Keliu, the difference is great. Keep it up. You look great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I've done it! I've finally ordered the Safetox!

I was going to wait until after my holiday, but then saw a special discount offer in an email from Stylebible, with free courier delivery within the UK - so it should arrive tomorrow.

"...normally it retails for £199.99 but Stylebible members can purchase it for just £169.99 by quoting stylebible1 when you call 020 7530 4440 Mon-Fri 9am-6pm."

Here's the actual website: http://www.firsttradelimited.co.uk/index.php?cPath=156

The very helpful and informative lady with whom I spoke also tells me that they offer a special rate if you buy 2 refill packs at a time. They usually sell them for £19.99, but 2 packs bought together cost £33.98.

When the Safetox and my diMaggio No Lipo Lipo arrive, I shall be ready to take over the world! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |