Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Orlane 24 Hour Hydration Limited Edition (50 ml) Bremenn Clinical Strength Smooth Serum (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Between Keliu and PQ's comments about on lookers response to their Safetox made me see visuals of their experience every time I put my on for a while. I couldn't help but laugh out loud!
Remember PQ's post???
photoqueen wrote:
Had it for about 9 months - it freezes my whole forehead and lifts my eyebrows up - love it, love it, love it.

I do the house work in it and frighten the neighbours when I take out the rubbish, does them good.

PQ

Toby - update - the neighbours have got used to the WonderWoman - head gear, but our new puppy, has tried to get the head gear off me a few times, but will out any luck.

We we were going to see some friends in Brighton a few weeks ago and with all the things going on in our life with dog/job etc....I have not used my Slendertone or Safetox for about a week, so I wore them whilst my partner drove us down to Brighton, a few car drives/passengers glared/laughed a me - but I kept my dark glasses on at all times - hoping they would think they were fashion accessories. The Safetox always makes me sleepy so I got in trouble a few times for dropping off.

PQ

Retired/ex member - my posts are not being kept up to date, as I have left EDS. So these posts are not my current thinking on these topics, my blog contains my current reviews. Home Beauty Device Reviews.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:
BTW - how mnay units do you get for your forehead?

I usually start with 50 for my forehead and glabellas, and then go back 2 weeks later for another 20 units or so. I typically spend about $900 across the 2 trips. I used to do it 3x a year, but have cut back to 2x.

BTW, I have tried 3 different injectors, including a National Botox Educator, and have had the same results with all 3. I made sure that all 3 were not overdiluting as well.

I may try Dysport just to see if I react differently.

You need more than me bethany. I usually get 1 syringe plus 10 more units (about 42 total) for brow, glabella and crow's feet. I think I could've used more last time, but the Safetox is filling in the void for me instead. (And so happy to hear you've cut back your visits to twice/year!!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:
BTW - how mnay units do you get for your forehead?

I usually start with 50 for my forehead and glabellas, and then go back 2 weeks later for another 20 units or so. I typically spend about $900 across the 2 trips. I used to do it 3x a year, but have cut back to 2x.

BTW, I have tried 3 different injectors, including a National Botox Educator, and have had the same results with all 3. I made sure that all 3 were not overdiluting as well.

I may try Dysport just to see if I react differently.

You need more than me bethany. I usually get 1 syringe plus 10 more units (about 42 total) for brow, glabella and crow's feet. I think I could've used more last time, but the Safetox is filling in the void for me instead. (And so happy to hear you've cut back your visits to twice/year!!)

I told you I was resistant! Laughing

And I only cut back on the third visit for budgetary reasons...I have thousands of dollars of vet bills at the moment (ok, and all of last year too, sigh), and something had to give. And I always put the pets' needs over my needs! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
PLEASE NOTE: I thought I would prepare a list of questions for Kevin at Safetox, and send them all at once.

Does anyone have anything they would like me to add to the list?

1. Is there an updated protocol for extending Botox (other than what is published in the manual)?

2. Are there any risks to OVERUSING the Safetox unit?

3. Are there any Safetox product updates coming out soon and if so, when?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Another question would be what impact does doing facial exercises that target frontal muscles have on the muscles when also using the Safetox.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

would safetox diminish any filler one may have in the frown lines ?

thanks

Jackie xx
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been on EDS in a few days. I love the Superwoman picture, Toby! I need to show that to my DH. My 7 year old son is still into playing dress up with costumes. When he asked me what I had on my head, I told him it was my costume. Now, he doesn't even seem to notice it.

Has anyone tried it in the center but higher? I did that a while back and it seemed to work well. I put the bottom of the electrode at the top of my eyebrow line. It seems like that would work multiple areas at one time.

I do wonder what cheek exercises would do combined with the Safetox. Cheek exercises have filled out the apples of my cheeks in the past but haven't helped with my NL's. I think Safetox and exercises would be a nice combination. I may give the Safetox another month or so to see what it does with my NL's and then add the exercises.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have read the whole thread and decided to buy the safetox. I have a couple of questions - I live in Canada and am hoping that someone can tell me the best place to order from. UPS delivery is not an option as they charge exorbitant brokerage fees. Should I order extra pads or will the Tac Gel be sufficient?.

I just started accutane and was wondering if anyone can see any reason why safetox would be contraindicated?

I am really excited to try this device as my 11's and my marionette lines are the bane of my existence Very Happy. TIA, Doodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Doodles, I am in Canada as well. I got mine from Win-Health in the UK. They shipped it via royal mail iirc. (no brokerage fees!!). Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

would safetox diminish any filler one may have in the frown lines ?

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie, it may do so, but it would be gradual. Also, the benefits you would see could eliminate the need for filler.

I just wish you could see the improvements in my marionnette lines right now...if I had known what a difference the 3 point treatment would make, I would have taken before and after pics. And if I had them to post, everyone on here would be buying one of these...seriously. And I do NOT rave about much...trust me on that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have read the whole thread and decided to buy the safetox. I have a couple of questions - I live in Canada and am hoping that someone can tell me the best place to order from. UPS delivery is not an option as they charge exorbitant brokerage fees. Should I order extra pads or will the Tac Gel be sufficient?.

I just started accutane and was wondering if anyone can see any reason why safetox would be contraindicated?

I am really excited to try this device as my 11's and my marionette lines are the bane of my existence Very Happy. TIA, Doodles

Doodles, I would order extra pads....they do not last forever for me like they do for some people.

And PLEASE take before and after pics...I am desperate for people to see what this can do for marionette lines. I am almost tempted (but not quite, lol) to stop using mine for 6 months and let the sag come back just so that I can document the transformation!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Has anyone tried it in the center but higher? I did that a while back and it seemed to work well. I put the bottom of the electrode at the top of my eyebrow line. It seems like that would work multiple areas at one time.

I do wonder what cheek exercises would do combined with the Safetox. Cheek exercises have filled out the apples of my cheeks in the past but haven't helped with my NL's. I think Safetox and exercises would be a nice combination. I may give the Safetox another month or so to see what it does with my NL's and then add the exercises.

I have tried the center but higher, but I'm not really sure that it buys you much since the frontalis seems to split in two up higher. It can't hurt to add it as a point though.

I agree on the adding the cheek exercises down the road if needed...which exercise program(s) do you have?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 am      Reply with quote
thanks bethany!

I have another q, just whilst it's on my mind, - is there anyway prolonged use of safetox could cause muscle atrophy (where it stops working)in any way? I know this might be desireable for the forehead lines, but I just started to wonder, if the safetox is far reaching, as in NL lines etc - could this be a problem?

Reason I ask, is I've had this happen from over use of botox in the masster muscles (tmj problem) What do you think ?

Jackie xx
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Doodles, I am in Canada as well. I got mine from Win-Health in the UK. They shipped it via royal mail iirc. (no brokerage fees!!). Very Happy

Thanks lipglossdoll. Win-Health it is!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, I have Ageless and Facercise. What's your favorite?

I wish I would have taken before and afters. It's such a big difference, it would be worth buying it just for that. It is still amazing to me that something on your forehead can help that much with your lower face. Maybe someone else can get before and afters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Bethany, I have Ageless and Facercise. What's your favorite?

I wish I would have taken before and afters. It's such a big difference, it would be worth buying it just for that. It is still amazing to me that something on your forehead can help that much with your lower face. Maybe someone else can get before and afters.

I have Ageless, FlexEffect, and Eva Frasier's book. Safetox is by far my favorite because I can just lay there, lol. Very Happy

I think FlexEffect is FAR more comprehensive (I have both versions), but Ageless is great starting point when you look at the cost. I will probably pick a couple of Ageless cheek exercises and add those.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doodles wrote:
Hi everyone,

Doodles, I would order extra pads....they do not last forever for me like they do for some people.

And PLEASE take before and after pics...I am desperate for people to see what this can do for marionette lines. I am almost tempted (but not quite, lol) to stop using mine for 6 months and let the sag come back just so that I can document the transformation!!

Hi Bethany,
I'll definitely take before pics. How bad would you say your marionette lines were?. Mine are quite bad. I'm only 44 but I feel that the lower half of my face makes me look about 60 Sad . I have had various fillers in them numerous times and have never really been happy with the way it turns out. I have my fingers crossed that Safetox works as well for me as it has for you and Tonia. BTW, I'm also Botox resistant. It takes about 45 - 50 units in my forehead alone and it lasts 2 months to the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
thanks bethany!

I have another q, just whilst it's on my mind, - is there anyway prolonged use of safetox could cause muscle atrophy (where it stops working)in any way? I know this might be desireable for the forehead lines, but I just started to wonder, if the safetox is far reaching, as in NL lines etc - could this be a problem?

Reason I ask, is I've had this happen from over use of botox in the masster muscles (tmj problem) What do you think ?

Jackie xx

Jackie, I'll ask Kevin at Safetox when I send in our list of questions. But I personally think that this is far less effective than Botox and should not be an issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Hi Bethany,
I'll definitely take before pics. How bad would you say your marionette lines were?. Mine are quite bad. I'm only 44 but I feel that the lower half of my face makes me look about 60 Sad . I have had various fillers in them numerous times and have never really been happy with the way it turns out. I have my fingers crossed that Safetox works as well for me as it has for you and Tonia. BTW, I'm also Botox resistant. It takes about 45 - 50 units in my forehead alone and it lasts 2 months to the day.

Mine were pretty bad, and still have a ways to go. Unfortunately, due to my thyroid problems my weight keeps yoyo'ing, and that is NOT helping! I have also done fillers there and have not been pleased. Sad

However, based on the dramatic improvement I have seen thus far, I am pretty convinced that you will see an improvement. I am also going to add a cheek exercise (two at the most) and I feel very confident that I can completely eliminate them and maintain that going forward. Very Happy

FYI...adding fillers to my lips did at least make the area look better, and a bit younger. But getting rid of these lines will be just fabulous!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just got back from a work trip (gone 2 nights) and I REALLY missed using my Safetox (which I will now be taking with me next week!). And unfortunately, my forehead lines were really visible by today. Sad

I am going to look at using it 2x a day to see if that really makes a difference from a line standpoint, and will keep everyone informed. I am planning on doing the 1 point treatment in the am while I work, and the 3 point treatment at night (so I can lay down and keep the electrodes at peak contact for the 2 alternative points).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
PLEASE NOTE: I thought I would prepare a list of questions for Kevin at Safetox, and send them all at once.

1. Is there an updated protocol for extending Botox (other than what is published in the manual)?

Hi Bethany,
Just wondering if you heard back from Kevin yet?. I'm expecting my Safetox in the mail next week and I'm anxious to get started. I have no problem using it for 20 minutes to a half hour a day if that's what it takes to see results sooner rather than later but I want to make sure that's not overdoing it Smile. Whats your protocol with the unit? TIA, doodles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
bethany wrote:

Hi Bethany,
Just wondering if you heard back from Kevin yet?. I'm expecting my Safetox in the mail next week and I'm anxious to get started. I have no problem using it for 20 minutes to a half hour a day if that's what it takes to see results sooner rather than later but I want to make sure that's not overdoing it Smile. Whats your protocol with the unit? TIA, doodles.

I was waiting to send them this weekend since I wanted to see if we got any more questions to submit, and I was traveling during the week. But I'll be sending them tomorrow morning, and I assume I will have a complete reply by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

I WAS doing the following and saw major results:
PM Treatment:
- 2 Level3 cycles between the eyes
- 2 Level3 cycles above EACH the middle of each eyebrow (so 4 clycles total here)

Now I am revising my protocol to try and keep the forehead lines away:
AM Treatment:
- 3 Level3 cycles between the eyes
PM Treatment:
- 3 Level3 cycles between the eyes
- 3 Level3 cycles above EACH the middle of each eyebrow (so 4 cycles total here)

Just an FYI...the Safetox causes some lymphatic drainage, so you may see some puffiness under your eyes at the beginning. You could also see puffiness if you overdo it at the beginning.

I would suggest starting with JUST the between the eyes treatment for at least the first week or two, and then add the eyebrow points later. The eyebrow points can be really zappy, and you might not be able to tolerate them at the beginning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
Right before I saw your post I started thinking I needed to make a schedule for myself to make sure I was keeping up with my devices and facial exercises and such.....I am afraid if I put it down on paper I would see I have no time for work.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Bethany,
Right before I saw your post I started thinking I needed to make a schedule for myself to make sure I was keeping up with my devices and facial exercises and such.....I am afraid if I put it down on paper I would see I have no time for work.....

Then by all means, give up the WORK and just concentrate on your skin. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am desperate for people to see what this can do for marionette lines. I am almost tempted (but not quite, lol) to stop using mine for 6 months and let the sag come back just so that I can document the transformation!!

BRAT Laughing Bad Grin Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Bremenn Clinical Strength Smooth Serum (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)