Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I am super anxious to hear the replies. I am about to place an order. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Are the newer "come charged and stay charged" NiMHs such as Eneloop and Hybrio any good? (mentioned these before!)

http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/hybrio-aaa-rechargeable-battery.asp

http://www.thebatterywizard.com/prod55.htm

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
lucitabonita
5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, you are torturing us! What did Kevin say? Surprised (Thank you for this effort.)

I have a question for those of you who ordered from the U.S. Did you have to pay duties on Safetox devices coming from the UK? How much?

Thanks! I am soooooooo excited to get on board with this.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think a lot of US residents have ordered the Safetox. I have never had to pay duties on anything shipped to me from anywhere in the world, although I know it's an issue elsewhere.

Win-Health, however, charged a fortune for shipping, and later I figured out why: it's because they require the mail carrier to obtain a signature, for which the USPS charges a lot. Plus it's extremely inconvenient if you don't happen to stay home all day. After paying so much money for a rather delicate piece of plastic, I was not happy that I had to make a special trip to the postoffice so I could sign for it, only to find that the package was practically welded shut and so there was no way I could open it to take a look at it until I got home, where I had the proper tools. I would like to order electrodes but not if they are going to charge a fortune and make me go sign for them again. <sigh...I live in a safe neighborhood and would happily release Win-Health from responsibility if they just sent it regular mail.>

That said, it's a nifty little device and it feels as though it's doing something.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay....a work crisis intervened, plus I had to paste in all the original questions before I could post the answers.

Q1. Is there an updated Safetox protocol for extending Botox (other than what is published in the manual)?

Actually not, this protocol is still considered as the most appropriate according to the most recent data and measurements perform on series of patients in aesthetic clinics. But of course it’s an “average” protocol. To really improve that would have to be individualised. The company is working on that approach but that’s a huge project needing several years to be implemented.

Q2. Are there any risks to OVERUSING the Safetox unit? (we love to use it, and often do more cycles that recommended in the manual)

No definitively there is no risk of overusing the Safetox. We are primarily a medical company using neurostimulation systems to treat neurologic disorders or pain syndromes as severe migraines. We’ve got more than 10 years of experience with patients receiving similar treatments than Safetox but with 12 hours a day sessions. Not any significant side effect has been reported.

Q3. Are there any Safetox product updates coming out soon and if so, when are they planned? (like rechargeable batteries, headset design change, etc.)

Of course they are some. But the R&D department is rather secret about that for marketing strategy purpose. So I cannot tell you and I don’t even really know. Let’s say that the updates you mentioned won’t be achieved before 2011.

Q4. What impact does doing facial exercises that target frontal muscles have on the muscles when also using the Safetox. (does it diminish the benefit of the Safetox?) FYI...facial exercise programs include FlexEffect, Eva Fraiser, Carol Maggio, etc.

Frontal facial muscle exercises are counterproductive. Only lower facial muscles exercises could be of some interest. So, you can have muscle exercises for the lower part of your face. But above the eyes the muscles exercises and contraction are increasing the lines.

Q5. Does Safetox diminish any filler one may have in the frown lines?

No, Safetox has no action on filler as it relaxes the muscles. On the other hand when you contract the muscles with exercises you risk to accelerate the filler reabsorbtion.

Q6. Can prolonged use of Safetox could cause muscle atrophy (where the muscle stops working) in any way? We know this might be desirable for the forehead, but since the Safetox impact is far reaching (as in NL lines etc), could this be a problem?

No, muscle relaxation doesn’t mean atrophy. Atrophy only happened when the muscles are paralysed as that happens with Botox or when the nerves are affected. Disuse atrophy on the other hand happens when the muscles are completely immobilised in a cast for instance.

OK...I will be starting another list of questions (including the battery ones)...please let me know if you have any NEW questions to submit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I think a lot of US residents have ordered the Safetox. I have never had to pay duties on anything shipped to me from anywhere in the world, although I know it's an issue elsewhere.

Win-Health, however, charged a fortune for shipping, and later I figured out why: it's because they require the mail carrier to obtain a signature, for which the USPS charges a lot.

Hermosa, how much did you pay for shipping?

I found this site that charges 15£ for shipping (about $22) to the US, and the price is the same as Win-Health. (£179.25)

http://www.destination-skin.com/shop_for_Safetox.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

Win-Health, however, charged a fortune for shipping, and later I figured out why: it's because they require the mail carrier to obtain a signature, for which the USPS charges a lot.

Hermosa, how much did you pay for shipping?

I found this site that charges 15£ for shipping (about $22) to the US, and the price is the same as Win-Health. (£179.25)

http://www.destination-skin.com/shop_for_Safetox.htm

This one is a little more expensive (price and shipping), but offers a value pack of the refill and the Safetox unit.
http://www.peak-nutrition.co.uk/skin_care/anti_aging/safetox_anti_wrinkle_device.htm

And I'm not sure about this one, but I think they deliver worldwide, lol.
http://www.ipergmc.it/safetox-en.html

And I forgot about this one! I have ordered from here before:
http://www.body4real.co.uk/product.php?productid=17981&js=y

One more addition!! Here is a Shop Wiki that lists a number of places...some may be overlaps with above listings, but some may not.
http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/Safetox

FYI, when comparing these, you'll want to look at 1) cost, 2) shipping, 3) whether they deduct VAT before checkout, and 4) make sure you check to see if the price is in euros (about 1.3 USD) or pounds (about 1.5 USD).

And know that paypal adds a surcharge if you buy from somewhere that uses a different currency than you do. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
The price is actually about 152 plus VAT which brings it to 179...but they only charge the 152 for orders going to the US. According to my invoice, I paid just over 200 pounds, so the shipping was about $75 at the exchange rate of 2 mos ago.

So if destination discounts the VAT (which it should) that is a good price.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
OK...I will be starting another list of questions (including the battery ones)...please let me know if you have any NEW questions to submit!

I will also add a microcurrent question to the list. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Doodles, sorry for the late reply. It took about 2 weeks to get here from Win-Health. Very Happy

Lipglossdoll, 3 weeks and still waiting Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:
Doodles, sorry for the late reply. It took about 2 weeks to get here from Win-Health. Very Happy

I would email them and ask if they have a tracking number!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doodles wrote:
lipglossdoll wrote:

I would email them and ask if they have a
tracking number!

I e-mailed Roy at Win-Health last week and he said he would look into it for me. He said that there was a disruption of deliveries due to the volcano erupting. Hopefully he has some answers for me soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just realized that I have been doing the 3 Point treatment for about 7 weeks now, so figured I would give an update on everything...

Marionette Lines - This is the best my MLs have looked in YEARS (including after I had filler injected!) There is still a little ways to go, but the improvement is VERY significant. So significant that I am contemplating buying a 2nd unit just in case something happens to my current one, and so that I can also keep one in my office and ensure that I use it 2x day. I love this thing!!! Very Happy

Forehead wrinkles - The 3 major wrinkles I have across my forehead (1 for each of my major employers in my career Rolling Eyes ) are diminished maybe 60%. That's a guesstimate since I can't measure line depth, but I definitely feel like they are far less obvious than before. Shockingly, I may actually continue with no botox...they really do look that much better. But are they "gone" like with Botox? Nope. But does my forehead move like a normal person? Yep. Laughing

Glabella (11's) - This is the area where I have seen the least improvement, though they are still softened by maybe 25%. I suspect the lack is progress is because these are more due to me sleeping on my side. I may have to try the Breath Right strips to see if that helps.

Misc - I am also seeing my cheeks indenting a bit, and it certainly isn't because of any weight loss (darn it). Speaking of that, I am finally back on thyroid meds, and I am hoping that the Safetox usage may help me ward off any sagging should I eventually win the battle and lose the weight.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany that's great! I hope I see the same results when I eventually receive my Safetox. BTW - thanks for asking Kevin all those questions. I just got restylane in my NLs and MLs and was worried that the Safetox would be a no no.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just realized that I have been doing the 3 Point treatment for about 7 weeks now, so figured I would give an update on everything...

Marionette Lines - This is the best my MLs have looked in YEARS (including after I had filler injected!) There is still a little ways to go, but the improvement is VERY significant. So significant that I am contemplating buying a 2nd unit just in case something happens to my current one, and so that I can also keep one in my office and ensure that I use it 2x day. I love this thing!!! Very Happy

Forehead wrinkles - The 3 major wrinkles I have across my forehead (1 for each of my major employers in my career Rolling Eyes ) are diminished maybe 60%. That's a guesstimate since I can't measure line depth, but I definitely feel like they are far less obvious than before. Shockingly, I may actually continue with no botox...they really do look that much better. But are they "gone" like with Botox? Nope. But does my forehead move like a normal person? Yep. Laughing

Glabella (11's) - This is the area where I have seen the least improvement, though they are still softened by maybe 25%. I suspect the lack is progress is because these are more due to me sleeping on my side. I may have to try the Breath Right strips to see if that helps.

Misc - I am also seeing my cheeks indenting a bit, and it certainly isn't because of any weight loss (darn it). Speaking of that, I am finally back on thyroid meds, and I am hoping that the Safetox usage may help me ward off any sagging should I eventually win the battle and lose the weight.

Until you mentioned about your cheeks indenting a bit I didn't even relate mine to maybe the Safetox...but over the past few weeks I have noticed my cheek areas becoming indented or skeleton like looking and I have not lost any weight and I'm not a skinny person....I am my average weight

I have had some family members ask me why my face is getting to look thinner. The only recent change in my regiment that could be maybe causing it is the Safetox. I have used retin-a for 3 years now and my Tua Viso for over a year now and I never saw my cheeks indenting or looking like they are losing some fat until the past few weeks.

This is a little scarey since I don't want to get large indentions or fat loss in my cheeks.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Bethany and anyone else that see a return to the 11's between the eyes. Breath right or the generic work wonders. I use the safetox and put on breath right strips. It keeps my face from contorting when I sleep, which it does. I am thinking of putting them on my NL folds and beside my mouth on both sides.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
Until you mentioned about your cheeks indenting a bit I didn't even relate mine to maybe the Safetox...but over the past few weeks I have noticed my cheek areas becoming indented or skeleton like looking and I have not lost any weight and I'm not a skinny person....I am my average weight

I have had some family members ask me why my face is getting to look thinner. The only recent change in my regiment that could be maybe causing it is the Safetox. I have used retin-a for 3 years now and my Tua Viso for over a year now and I never saw my cheeks indenting or looking like they are losing some fat until the past few weeks.

This is a little scarey since I don't want to get large indentions or fat loss in my cheeks.

Lisa, supposedly t is common for those particular cheek muscles (buccs) to indent a bit before they start building muscle...once that happens, they will fill back out. I'm not really sure why it happens that way, but that's what I learned from the Ageless thread. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Bethany and anyone else that see a return to the 11's between the eyes. Breath right or the generic work wonders. I use the safetox and put on breath right strips. It keeps my face from contorting when I sleep, which it does. I am thinking of putting them on my NL folds and beside my mouth on both sides.

Sherry, I will be picking up some this weekend!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Hi everybody,
Well, this is one gadget I do have out of all mentioned in this forum!!! Can't believe it!
I've only used it on and off, but it does actually seem to anesthesize the brow for a while.
I personally need to use the top power, number three. Seems very strong to begin with, but in my case is the best.
I've only used it for headache/migraine purposes, but I must say it does seem to pull the muscles (when 'on' I can feel it going up and down, I first thought that the actual gadget was slipping, yet it is not the actual safetox going up and down but the muscles that move, so it works somehow!!)
Sorry, I can't report on effects over facial lines, as I purchased it for my migraines.

Hi, I'm very much interested in this gadget for migraines. Do you need to use it daily to stop the migraines?

Please tell me more. I'm very excited about the possibility of no more migraines.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, It's definitely true what you say about the buccinators sucking in before building out. I don't know if this happens for everyone. Mine are starting to fill out finally. I don't how the Safetox could be affecting this area though. It doesn't help to build muscle in that area. Maybe the muscles behind the ears that this device helps to reinforce are lifting up your face making it look more sculpted.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Bethany, It's definitely true what you say about the buccinators sucking in before building out. I don't know if this happens for everyone. Mine are starting to fill out finally. I don't how the Safetox could be affecting this area though. It doesn't help to build muscle in that area. Maybe the muscles behind the ears that this device helps to reinforce are lifting up your face making it look more sculpted.

Honestly, I don't understand how it is managing to impact all these different muscles, but the documentation does say that it empowers the posterior muscles so your ear theory is probably correct.

I think I am going to go ahead and ask HOW it does all this in the next set of questions. Inquiring minds want to know! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
ATester wrote:
Hi everybody,
Well, this is one gadget I do have out of all mentioned in this forum!!! Can't believe it!
I've only used it on and off, but it does actually seem to anesthesize the brow for a while.
I personally need to use the top power, number three. Seems very strong to begin with, but in my case is the best.
I've only used it for headache/migraine purposes, but I must say it does seem to pull the muscles (when 'on' I can feel it going up and down, I first thought that the actual gadget was slipping, yet it is not the actual safetox going up and down but the muscles that move, so it works somehow!!)
Sorry, I can't report on effects over facial lines, as I purchased it for my migraines.

Hi, I'm very much interested in this gadget for migraines. Do you need to use it daily to stop the migraines?

Please tell me more. I'm very excited about the possibility of no more migraines.

Bira,

The Cephaly unit is designed specifically for headaches, while the Safetox is more for facial aesthetics, with some possible headache relief as a bonus.

I can tell you that the Safetox did not do a thing for my caffeine withdrawal headache tonight, darn it. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, Are your MLs just folds at the corners of your mouth which would be the beginning of MLs. Are they actual lines going from the mouth to the bottom of the chin? Just curious because I have the beginnings of MLs which are the folds at the sides of my mouth. They don't go all the way down my chin. Still deciding on whether to purchase this. I don't know if the frown lines between my brows are enough to justify it. I use medical tape between my brows every night and it takes care of the problem. But, if it does what you say for MLs, I guess that would be enough for me to buy it. I just got a bit concerned when you said your cheeks were getting indents. That's the last thing I need.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Bethany, Are your MLs just folds at the corners of your mouth which would be the beginning of MLs. Are they actual lines going from the mouth to the bottom of the chin? Just curious because I have the beginnings of MLs which are the folds at the sides of my mouth. They don't go all the way down my chin. Still deciding on whether to purchase this. I don't know if the frown lines between my brows are enough to justify it. I use medical tape between my brows every night and it takes care of the problem. But, if it does what you say for MLs, I guess that would be enough for me to buy it. I just got a bit concerned when you said your cheeks were getting indents. That's the last thing I need.

Pack, mine do closer to my chin, darn it. But I do use it alot...3 cycles on each of the mid-eyebrow points, and at least 3 (if not more) on the middle point every night. And sometimes I do that 2x day.

But if your ML lines are minor, why not just try a few cheek exercises first? (but NOT the ones that cause the cheeks to indent)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I do facial exercises. I've been doing FlexEffect for about two and a half months. But, the waiting for the exercises to do their thing really requires a lot of patience. Before FE I did Ageless for several months. Your results sound so great, I thought a little extra help couldn't hurt.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |