Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
It has been a few days since my triclops upgrade to my Safetox. What I find now is that my batteries that I pumped up to 2.1v/ea now have dropped down to 1.9v/ea. Not that the 3 ets are using more juice, its just that the batts want to go to their max norm of 1.8v each. So feels more like power level 2.0 to 2.5 and not encouraging celibacy. Still nice like an old boot.

End to end forehead feels more relaxed... but that maybe psychological right now and too early to tell. But I believe that triclops benefits will show in a month or two, even at this level.

Now my next project with my Safetox... no, it is not a pair of wires with alligator clips that ....... no Wink

I want to add a plug that can use an AC adaptor. Safetox made for 2batts X 1.5v = 3.0v. I'm pondering a unit with 3.0v to 4.5v output. Important think is this charger must be a high quality unit that produces steady votage and without any unwanted electrical or radio signals/interference. Will keep you all posted.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone think it is worth it to get the Safetox for the lifting effect? Wrinkles aren't a major concern for me now but, a bit of sagging is. I do work hard on my FE exercises, I've been at it for four months now. I just thought this might help a bit. I like the concept of strengthening the muscles in the back of your head and behind your ears. Any opinions would be appreciated.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lifting effect? Hmmm let me think. Think back to how you used to look in carefree times before you became world weary. Safetox is one of many solutions that can put you on that road. But may not reach that point... unlikely without surgery or duct tape.

Some brilliant members came up with the three point stimulation and have reported a more lifted look.

I don't think that Safetox will help you look more "lifted" than you ever did. So far for me, my 11s are gone, and my kissable forehead is more relaxed. But my trial is not over and can only say for sure in a few more months.

Keep in mind I'm a guy and we have heavier bone, muscle, skin, nerve, vascular structures and subsystems. Men's heads are designed especially to bash up with ... well other men's heads and clubs.

Others please chime in... but for me I don't feel my scalp and back of my head tingle like the first week, regardless of voltage. It's the body adjusting, resisting. I'm not sure how much work is being done at the back of my head. Forehead? yeah, that area is def being worked over.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Max, Thanks for your no nonsense reply. If you read the Safetox website they regularly mention a lifting effect. It is achieved by strengthening the occipitalis and posterior auricular muscles. It seems like you haven't seen any lifting effect and maybe do not need it. But,I guess it wouldn't hurt to try if your face appears less tired looking due to the relaxing of the muscles in the forehead area. That seems like a great benefit too.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Yeah you know, I don't want to keep selling the dream. I didn't see any of the lifting yet from the single point treatment since I began early Dec 2009.

Bethany introduced the 3 point method to me, and I haven't seen any lifting yet because I'm just starting my 3 point treatment. I can believe some lifting can happen with the three point, but not so much with the single treatment. The 2 new points are stimulating additional forehead/brow muscles to open the eye/brow area.

I look at a woman's (or man's) neck and hands to determine her age and health... I hear gasps... so I digress. But feel your own occipitalis and posterior auricular muscles... they dont do much. I think I need to zap them directly if I want them to contract... but I dont want to shave my head and have bare patches back there Very Happy

At the same time Safetox as it is is an excellent device in its simplicity. I want to keep using it. And electronically it seems well built, with the abuse I give it. The unit needs improvement in the flimsy battery doors, I'm always afraid I'll break it.

Although I like to see a more advanced model, its a work of art like something from Avatar, simple and effective.

But like most beauty products it will not deliver everything it claims for most people. But I think its an above average product and most people will see some real improvement.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Does anyone think it is worth it to get the Safetox for the lifting effect? Wrinkles aren't a major concern for me now but, a bit of sagging is. I do work hard on my FE exercises, I've been at it for four months now. I just thought this might help a bit. I like the concept of strengthening the muscles in the back of your head and behind your ears. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I have had a significant amount of lifting in both my upper eyelids and my lower jawline....more than I ever saw when doing Ageless. I also saw results in 2 weeks along my jawline with Safetox, while Ageless took 2 months to see a lower level of lifting.

I also think this is a far better choice for the forehead area than facial exercise. (and I have both versions of FlexEffect, Ageless, and Eva Frasier). Plus I just get to lay there while I read, snooze, etc. Can't beat that! Very Happy

Regarding discounts....Kevin was talking about some custom Safetox units for frequent users, but the topic of discounts did not come up. I will specifically ask tonight if that is an option for EDS users.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I think it's great that there are ems (for muscle) devices like Safetox. I see plenty of collagen enriched faces but that's not enough. As we get older we control our emotions and facial muscles atrophy due to disuse (and aging). Entropy is inevitable.

I use the Stimulec facial plus from Verity Medical. I prefer the cheek positions and use the settings for Lines and Tightening. Uses universal ets (electrodes). Runs for 20-25 mins. Battery & belt clip runs on 9v. Very long batt life. Inexpensive, and wow results. My cheeks lift up and my smiles come easily. I also have a Neurotrac XL from Verity which is for body muscles and is amazing. Neurotrac also has some beauty settings but have not explored. These are very strong units and have 22 levels.

More about Safetox et care. Maintain the electrode with the right balance of dry and sticky. If you goop on reg gel or Tac gel, then electricity which prefers the shortest path will crossover the terminals thru the gel and less thru your skin. Take care and avoid adding gel in that center white strip area of the et, and the middle "knob" part. Apply just enough gel to make the thinnest coating possible. More is not better. If you pre-coat your skin with gel, then use thinnest coating and allow it to dry somewhat, doesn't have to be bone dry.

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Great info MaxDamian, I have emailed the company which produce the unit you mention, & hope they respond with costs.

Most impressed with your wiring up of 3 pads, can only think this is a good thing. Safetox an excellent unit, but totally agree with your suggested upgrade list, yes, yes, yes - well done.

Are Verity a UK company?

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes verity is UK. I just googled and not sure who carries it now. I think I bought it for about 65 Uk pounds incl shipping about a year ago from Win-Health. They shipped quickly to me on the west coast without any customs or duties. Verity should be able to tell you about who the online or conventional retailers are.

Stimulec is a great product and sadly not much blogging and reviews on it. Poor marketing? Never really target marketed at the beauty market. You place 2 pairs of ets, one on each side of your face and you can adjust the power to each side independently. 70% of beauty is symmetry and can help if your face is a tad out of balance.

Hope it is still being made, if not I hope you can find one somewhere on clearance. Good chance you can pick it up in your city if you have a medical / physiotherapy /rehabilitation supply store that sells Neurotrac.

Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
This it? http://www.galeriemedicale.com/cliniques-hopitaux/physiotherapie/gamme-neurotrac/neurotrac-stimulec-facial-plus.html
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just bumped the existing Stimulec thread so we don't derail the Safetox thread. I am definitely interested, so please join me over there!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Max, Have you ever considered facial exercises? They do work. Some areas respond quicker than others, but I think they are definitely worth trying.
MaxDamian
5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi RPM, Facial exercises? Yes I believe they work, and they would be a very nice natural way of bringing muscle tone back to the face. Plus you can do them anywhere without looking wierd like we might with Safetox or stimulec.

Even better is a life of laughter, passion and childlike playfulness. Really there is nothing better than this.

Facial exercises may be better suited for younger persons. I prefer ems devies that just strap on like the Safetox, I cant be bothered with 20 mins of looking at my face and running electrical wands over my gelled face.

At my age... I'm actually 47... yeah I know my sig says 50s... I'm mentally preparing. Every thing else face, body, mind is accurate. No credit to me, I've always looked much much younger, just genetics. Suddenly now I'm interested in putting effort maintaining where I am, with an early 30s face.

There is a drop in elasticity of my skin and I am concerned that facial exercises may develop wrinkles, even though they will improve the overall tone and lift of the face. So that is why I prefer ems, which does not stretch skin.

But maybe I should look more into it and incorporate or modify exercises without stretching or wrinkling the face. Maybe a more isotonic method . For example You can flex your bicep without doing curls. Curls are active and they stretch the skin. But if you flex your bicep without moving your or bending your elbow, and just hold that contraction, you are exercising that muscle.

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Well I took my Safetox away sailing, used it only twice, might as well have left it at home. Can report face did not fall apart from not using it, this is useful to know for future travel.

One of the guys looked at me wearing it, but said nothing, this made me giggle Laughing , & one of the gals looked at it & asked if it was a facial toner? Otherwise no comments.

Customs/security did not bat an eye.

HTH other Safetox travellers.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
does anybody know a natural alternative to the wet wipes you need to use before placing the electrode patch on your forehead? (vinegar maybe?)

I just don't like the chemical ingredients in there.

And sorry to ask, but I haven't read the whole thread and read something about the '3 point method' in the latest posts.. can somebody tell me more about that or show me the page nr where this topic starts?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
does anybody know a natural alternative to the wet wipes you need to use before placing the electrode patch on your forehead? (vinegar maybe?)

I use 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar and water - it works really well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
A dampened micro-fibre cloth rubbed over the forehead also removes every trace of grease & works well before applying the electrode. Only water, nothing nasty at all, cheap, simple & straightforward.

Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
My safetox broke, ie there is a vertical split on the unit very close to the center. I did not sit on it, step on it, or otherwise abuse it. I was just positioning on my head, which is pretty average size, when I heard a crack.

I taped it and it still works but I'm kind of miffed. For what it costs -- about the same as my netbook, which has quite a bit more functionality! -- it's not very well made. I noticed when I first got it that the battery covers seemed exceptionally flimsy, but I sure didn't expect it to self-destruct after 3 months!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa, I too noticed my battery covers were flimsy, & one does not stay shut very easily.I live in fear that the little tab will snap off, it does not appear robust. I also dread changing the batteries as one side refuses to connect properly after fitting, & I have to fiddle with the battery, repositioning it a number of times to get a connection.

I am loath to send my Safetox back & be without out it, but it clearly has a fault. You are correct in saying how expensive these are, & for yours to split does seem to show shoddy work/cheap plastic.

Anyone else had problems?

What to do? Should we contact the chap in France? (was it France?)I cannot remember his name, I think I would need to search back through this entire thread to find the info.

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:51 am      Reply with quote
ok thanks Keliu and Cooking Katy! I think i will use the ACV.

Quote:
What to do? Should we contact the chap in France? (was it France?)I cannot remember his name, I think I would need to search back through this entire thread to find the info.

It's in the Frenchspeaking part of Belgium.
Here their contact info from the website:

STX-MED sprl

Parc Scientifique de Liège,
Avenue des chasseurs Ardennais 4
4031 Angleur / Liège
Belgique

info@stx-med.com
+32 4 367 67 22
+32 4 365 23 46
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I also agree with the flimsiness of the battery covers.

I've also been a little loath to use the device on the three point position for fear of pulling it out of shape and breaking it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

can you tell me what the 3 point position is?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
See Page 24 of this thread.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will email, but have already run through the likely scenarios (I send them safetox, they inform me that it is all my fault, which no doubt it is, and insist on holding my safetox captive unless I send them another huge dollop of cash) and will probably just hang onto my wounded warrior. But perhaps this serves as an advisory to those of who have been wondering if it is as delicate as it seems. (Yes, I confess, I have been doing the 3-point placement for a few weeks now.)
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always a bit scared when I do the three point about the gadget cracking!! Yet I'm really happy about how the three point schedule has really helped in opening up my eyes Very Happy

I'm most impressed with the union of three patches that MaxD. has done!!! Must try that too, yet I'm not very sure of where I can find the epoxy stuff in my country... shall search.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |