Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Safetox since about March, & now am also using the Slender tone face. I obviously do not use them both at the same time - I use the Safeox after the SLT Face - I cannot think that one will cancel out the other.

With regard to lifting the lower face & jaw line, I have not seen this from Safetox usage, but most certainly have had a result with opening up the eye area & raising of the eyebrows.

I do wish there were more settings which went higher than strength 3. I have never regained that initial "top of the head blow off" experienced when you first fire up the Safetox until it settles into its rhyme. When I got the gadget at first this happened for about the first week to 10 days, even with new batteries in & a new electrode pad in place I cannot recreate that apparent strength. I wonder if the forehead muscle does become "anaesthetised" ?

With regard to batteries, I use Duracell ultra & find they last a very long time. I use the Safetox for at least 15 - 20 minutes every morning. Someone a few posts back mentioned it going through lots of batteries. I can't say this is true for me.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
With both the Safetox and the Tua Viso, I am missing that blow-me-away sensation. I use both at the highest settings, and I don't feel as though much is happening. I guess I need a dozen more gadgets so I can rotate through them -- maybe then my face wouldn't get bored so easily.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Safetox for a month or so and these past two weeks on level 3, which is a bit too much for me at times. I feel like my forehead is going to explode Shock
I didn't have lines on my forehead to begin with, probably because I've used bangs all my life and had some botox in the past. I bought it because I needed help with my thick, puffy, eyebrow lids. I cannot say what exactly has Safetox being doing to my eyes, but I only know that I can now wear my eye makeup (eye shadows, eyeliner, etc.), like I did in the past when I was much younger- without overdoing it, of course-. It's like the lids do not overlap anymore. I am so happy because all my MAC, Yves Saint Laurent eye shadows are back on my make up station when I thought I would never use them again and was keeping them as a memory. Cool
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I received my Safetox today. I was afraid to use it at first. Some people's descriptions of how it felt scared me. I just have to say that I think I might become addicted to it. I tried program one and then program two. I was so relaxed when I was finished, I actually felt drugged. I almost don't care if it helps with my frown lines. While I was laying there using it I was trying to figure out words to describe the sensations I felt. The best description I can come up with is it feels like a creature from a sci-fi movie burrowing into your forehead and churning the skin around. It sounds horrible but, it feels nice. I am worried that once I use level three it will be all over. I will be like a drug addict looking for something stronger and stronger. The booklet describes a break in period. I was wondering if I should follow the schedule or can I go full steam ahead? Also, can anyone tell me how they store their opened packages of electrodes? Thank you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I was wondering if I should follow the schedule or can I go full steam ahead? Also, can anyone tell me how they store their opened packages of electrodes? Thank you.

Personally, I'm a steam ahead kind of person myself - so, I'd say just go for it. And yes, it is addictive! I think some people put the open packages into sealed plastic bags - I'm lazy and never bother. I wonder if it makes a difference?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
packratmack wrote:
I was wondering if I should follow the schedule or can I go full steam ahead? Also, can anyone tell me how they store their opened packages of electrodes? Thank you.

Personally, I'm a steam ahead kind of person myself - so, I'd say just go for it. And yes, it is addictive! I think some people put the open packages into sealed plastic bags - I'm lazy and never bother. I wonder if it makes a difference?

I say full steam ahead too!

I store my opened electrodes in a ziplock in the fridge. They have expiration dates on them, so I think anything you can do to prolong that will help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh - I just stick my conductive pads back on the strip & leave them lying, open, in my private bathroom (my sanctuary), no fridge, no special treatment, no ziplock bag, indeed, left open to the Scottish elements. I am on my 7th pad, having started on my Safetox use in March, today is 23rd July. Very good use from each pad, with no special treatment.

I wash my face, prior to use, with Skin Doctors accelerating skin cleanser, then wipe the gel pad area, also prior to use, with a cheap micro-fibre kitchen cloth from the supermarket, this way,you almost have to take 5 minutes to peel the pad off after use. It sticks like a limpet. Same with all gel pad face gadgets, Slendertone face etc.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Me too CookingKaty - I never thought about expiration dates.

But consideing most of us are using Tac Gel to stick the patches on - wouldn't that negate the expiration date anyway? I even use the Tac Gel on brand new patches.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
okay, have read page after page on Safetox, and haven't seen this mentioned, so I'll put it out there...

got my Safetox, tried it for the first time yesterday, and blazed my way through setting one and then two, and then three. Decided I can handle three. So yesterday, and again today, I have done three cycles of setting three on all of the three point areas -- so nine cycle totals on the three areas, twice each of the last two days.

Coincidentally -- or not -- I find myself feeling rather irritable and out of sorts. So I just wanted to ask: is my mood likely a coincidence, or is it possible that I launched into this thing a tad too aggressively and my irritable mood is somehow related to all the jackhammering of my skull? Smile

kiley
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
While it is entirely possible for the pulsations to make you feel strange...everyone's response could be different..... but I don't remember anyone mentioning this before. Most find a mood of relaxation after use. For me I get relaxed and sleepy and it has even taken away headaches.
I would keep at it and monitor has things go. Also you could contact the company that manufactors the device....actually that would be the first things I would do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Surely, for any mood altering side effects, the device would have to be effecting the brain - something that has been raised here before. The manufacturers response was that the device is completely safe and does not impact the brain in any way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
What am I doing wrong?

I've used this at least oncer per day for at least 30 min since beginning of June, and I haven't had ANY improvement in my forehead lines Mad

I have medium horizontal lines (which I could live with) but I have very deep 11s. Botox worked wonderfully but I can't afford it anymore.

You'd think that I'd see at least a little improvement in the 11s since they have soooo far to go, but nada.

Please help. Any tips are appreciated.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
What am I doing wrong?

I've used this at least oncer per day for at least 30 min since beginning of June, and I haven't had ANY improvement in my forehead lines Mad

I have medium horizontal lines (which I could live with) but I have very deep 11s. Botox worked wonderfully but I can't afford it anymore.

You'd think that I'd see at least a little improvement in the 11s since they have soooo far to go, but nada.

Please help. Any tips are appreciated.

Have you seen any improvement immediately after you take it off?

Are you doing the 3 point or the 1 point treatment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Have you seen the facebook page for safetox? It focuses on pics of people wearing their Safetox while they're on vacation!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Safetox-on-Holiday/135550853140708?v=wall

Keliu, you need to add one of you on your boat wearing your Safetox!

I'm going to take a pic of me wearing mine next time I'm at Disney (though I'm there for work and not vacation).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I took mine when away sailing too - damn, should have taken a pic.

Tsjmom - I have never had any improvement in my forehead lines from Safetox use. It keep my upper eyes lifted, eyes wide open & eyebrows nicely arched. With this I am delighted & no further miracle required.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I have found that using frownies at night really helps to keep the effects of the use of the safetox device on the forehead. If you didn't have forehead issues before you might not need the frownies....but if you did the forwnies might really help! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Do the frownies stick after all the lotions and potions?

I use it on the #3 setting with it right between the nasty 11s. Wish they had higher settings. I have a hi pain tolerance when it comes to beauty Wink

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I put my skincare in and wait maybe 20 or longer before applying the frownies.....they gone on right before bed....they stay fine. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I put my skincare in and wait maybe 20 or longer before applying the frownies.....they gone on right before bed....they stay fine. Wink

this is good to know Toby. I've had a box of Frownies sitting unopened in my dresser for over 8 months now. And this was the reason I've never used them (now knowing how long I could wait for them to stick) I always thought they would never stick so there they sat!

(Will try them now, thank you)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
^^^Let me know if it works for you too foxe!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used my Safetox since I got my other face toy, and noticed today that one of my upper eyelids is starting to droop a bit. That may be why I look a little more jowly too. Shock

I think I'll wait a little longer to let it relax further (I'm a glutton for punishment) and then I'll try and take a set of before and after progression pics on my jowl area for everyone's entertainment. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sad Well, I'm not at all happy about you Bethany to give us any entertainment... can't quite understand your attitude. I just hope you're doing well, as I hope we're all doing.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Anyhow, Bethany, which is the new toy? Just to make a note to not bother about it -unless I may already have it! Gosh, I seem to have stored a whole lot of gadgets in the last year! Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Sad Well, I'm not at all happy about you Bethany to give us any entertainment... can't quite understand your attitude. I just hope you're doing well, as I hope we're all doing.

Um, I always poke fun at myself! Nothing more, nothing less there...just trying to keep things a litle light! And I WAS doing fine until I read this...

I had no idea that people would take offense at my comment, nor was that my intent. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I find other people's jowls extremely entertaining! My own give me nightmares!

Yes, what is this new toy? I'm about due for one.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |