Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
back from a 25% TCA peel . some1 else has done it please ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
some
5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:36 am      Reply with quote
hi all,

my first messege here...

wanted to share my situtation , and the TCA peel i just came back to. and if anybody wants to ask anything about the peel i'll be glad to share. and be glad to hear from people who've done it, and can relax me Smile

after a period of month and years, of trying to help my texture of skin -
i don't have much active acne . a pimple here and there rarly - but do have many flaws on my face : uneven texture, freckles , old red acne marks the won't go away , brown spots .
(by the way - i am a guy. a 27 years old guy Smile

so i did the step and ordered my seld a derm appointment.

and today i just back from a ~23% TCA peel.

the doctor was honest and said this won't take much care of old acne marks or flat moles, but will remove freckles (i have ugly freckles . not the cute ones), and hyperpigmentation.

i read here last night all many horror stories about this peel and it kept me awake for hours Smile
by the way - after what i saw in the derm's office - i don't think anyone should do this alone at home !

anyway, my face is red, and many brown spots look more evident, and my pores are so visible...
and red marks look very intense.
i took a week off work to be home.

from what i read and the doctor told me - my skin should actually peel , i cannot impagine how such thing looks... after a few hours i can already see it's getting hm.. dry.. and with tiny line..like cracked skin in some places.
i cannot imagine how it will peel. it looks solid right now, and all the spots are there Sad it's seems unimaginable that spots just "fall" like this.

by the way - at the end of the peel, i thought the TCA should be washed or neutrilazed by something - but the doctor didn't wash my face with anything, and reassured me it was okay , and said that the chemical will peel off with the skin...
hm...

if anyone has any questions i'll be glad to answer, and also want people that has done it to share with me please Smile)

have a lovely day all Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock

so sorry if we gave you nightmares! I think any scare stories were about what can happen if it's not being done by a dermatologist. There was someone posting here trying to sell DIY 50% TCA peels. As you know, it's not a home treatment and can go wrong if not done properly. This is not the case with you! I would imagine that what you are describing sounds about right. Did the derm tell you to use anything on it like hyaluronic acid? I did a home peel a while back and used a whole bottle of the skinceuticles B5 gel to calm it Embarassed (that's how I got my signature!). I also found that aloe vera gel helped. Please keep us informed on the progress of your lovely new skin revealing itself Very Happy

PS welcome!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
you are very very kind.

well, you are of course not to be blamed by my nightmares Smile it's natural to feel like that before this kind of procedure.

however i have to admit - i turned back the mirror in my room , cause i can't look in myself. i'm afraid i'll get a panic attack or something.

i have to be a week at home.
the doctor gave me "zovirax" to take twice daily - it's for herps (it's a procotion measure) + twice a day to take antibiotic oraaly - for infections if might happen.

all this peels i'm a bit scared of.
wish so much this week will pass.

i so much hope to see satisfying change in my skin pigmentation and not just "slight" brightening .. that i can come back here and sat all this week was worth it Smile...

i feel so alone with this situation cause i haven't told my family nothing (my mom wouldn't like that) . so here i am . alone in my aparrtemnt, can't go out.. for a week Neutral

sorry. it's just my feeling now.
nice to know i'm not alone here.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
My sister had this done and you do look pretty scary that first week. Sort of burnt. She went out anyhow and ignored the "looks" she got. Brave soul, her!

Anyhow, it did work. She had terrible melasma and it did come right off. I think the TCA will neutralize itself after a certain period of time so that's probably why the doc did not use a neutralizer.

If you don't feel good about leaving your house, have friends come over to see you and just go out at night when it won't seem so noticeable.

You will be looking good in another week so catch up on your reading and all the videos you've been wanting to watch that no one else will watch with you. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
...or keep posting here and you'll be a preffered member by the end of the week and not just a newbie Laughing

Also just think how good you will look...patience really is a virtue...oh, and drink pleanty of water!
Liz Cool

5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
it's amazing how kind warming words can help and i thank you deeply.

can i ask how is your sister and what the % of the TCA peel she went ?

her face actually got ALL peeled ? it's seems magical to me... peeling all the uglinees. but till i see it i won't belive it. Smile

i WILL catch with my reading , work at home , friends on the computer (by the way - you think the UV from the computer is dangerous for me at this stage ?
usually i wear sunscreen most of the day even near the computer... but now in the few next days of course i won't be able too...

\again - many thanks !
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I do not know what percentage she had done but it was over a large portion of her face. It looks so much better. She actually looked mottled along the sides of her cheeks but now just nice, clear even-toned skin. Of course, I turned her onto Vitamin C, too, so she can keep the hyperpigmentation away as well. She still gets peels done on the tops of her hands to get rid of freckles and dark spots. They look great, too.

Good luck and hang in there!
some
5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks you SO much Smile you too , guapagirl Smile
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have had three tca peels done, at various strengths including 70%. It will be fine trust me you have nothing to worry about especially since it was done by a professional. Relax and enjoy your week off and if you have any question feel free to email me.

Sherri
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've never tried one but all i can say is _ You go girl!!!
I think there is so much outthere these days available our grandmother and mothers never were able to get.
Again, i've never tried it but nothing says i may not.
Next month i will try something though for the first time--Restylene on my mouth to augment the upper lip.
In Europe they've had it for years but in the States it's only been approved in February.
The results last more than six months unlike collagen which only last 2 or so.
Will let everybody know how i fare
Trish
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Some and welcome to the forum. I saw a proffessional peel on a makeover show and after a week the woman who had it done had absolutely beautiful skin. Much better than before. So hang in there it will be fine.
some
5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
i hope mine will look good also.

i will hate to think i spend all that money and time at home to get a temporary glow that a good moisturizer could have given me Smile

well, i'm taking it east at home now.
expect i hate the fact i have to take 4 (!) peels for infections (procuation measure).

and the fact that i even can't go outside now for air. i really look unnatural and like a monster. face seems red-brown and all freckles and red-brown pigmentation is shown .

in a perfect world it would have beem differently Smile)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
some wrote:
i really look unnatural and like a monster.

hey, could work for some Wink

( I have no doubt that you will emerge chrysalis-like as a beautiful butterfly Very Happy )

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |