Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil -- less acne + glow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I'm about to order from GoW but I'm confused- there's 2 pages for argan oil- one is 6$, and the other is 8$. Which one did you order? Question

Nimue, I noticed that on a number of their products...the descriptions were identical, so I picked the cheapest one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I finally did it! I ordered from garden of wisdom. I got 1 oz each of argan and tamanu oil, as well as 4 oz of MSM powder. (The msm poweder will become a honey, green tea, and msm toner)

Of course first I'll try both oils out to see how my skin reacts. If all is well, my plan is to use the tamanu oil on blemishes. The argan oil I will add to my vitamin C oil- right now it's just rice bran oil and the tetra ascorbate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine today...they ship pretty quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is all new to me. Some good reviews here.

Sis.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue and other ladies who purchased, can you give an update on the GOW version? I'm intrigued. I've heard things about the wonders of argan oil before this thread, but nothing as specific, and no testimonials. Thanks, KB, for the personal story. Oh, how does it work for your husband? And is your skin all cleared up now? Hope the job search resulted in something great!
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
cristaline wrote:
Nimue and other ladies who purchased, can you give an update on the GOW version? I'm intrigued. I've heard things about the wonders of argan oil before this thread, but nothing as specific, and no testimonials. Thanks, KB, for the personal story. Oh, how does it work for your husband? And is your skin all cleared up now? Hope the job search resulted in something great!

Hi Cristaline, Thanks for your good wishes! I've personally found the GOW to be great -- no discernable difference from the Josie Maran (IMO); so I say give the GOW a try if you're interested in the oil in general...

While I can't say that I'm totally zit-free, I blame that mostly on stress (still!) But this time last year my cheeks were completely covered with stress zits, and today I have just one pimple of note! Seriously! My husband reports that the argan oil "is great." Back in college he took Accutane, and he's had minor breakouts and super dry skin issues since then. He won't fully admit it, but he does "glow" now. Very Happy I think the reduction of the dry skin is particularly amazing... and I'm the oily one. It's multi-purpose usage is particularly of interest to me.

I can tell that our oil is starting to go a tiny bit bad, but that's only because we store a smaller bottle in the bathroom. (Try convincing a husband to go to the fridge for skin care.) Plus, it's been a hot, humid summer for us. The stuff in the fridge is great yet...

Hope that you have good luck with it too!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been ordering from Nature's Gift for 3 years, and I'm very happy with their service. They have an excellent selection, and their website has a wealth of information.

KBLang wrote:
boski, have you ever ordered from Nature's Gift before? Just curious if anyone has experience with their product quality or cs. Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Big duh moment on my part, I actually ordered from Nature's Gift (not GOW). Embarassed Sorry! So I can't speak to GOW, but I've had great success with Nature's Gift, and I agree with Jeannine that their customer service was great. I'll order from them again.

Jeannine wrote:
I've been ordering from Nature's Gift for 3 years, and I'm very happy with their service. They have an excellent selection, and their website has a wealth of information.

KBLang wrote:
boski, have you ever ordered from Nature's Gift before? Just curious if anyone has experience with their product quality or cs. Thanks.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Have just finished reading an article on the wonders of Argan Oil in the May edition of US Elle magazine and decided to do a search on EDS to see if anyone was using it - so here I am. I've ordered a 100ml bottle from a seller on Ebay for $14.99.

I'm a huge fan of oils - I already use emu, rosehip and pomegranate. I'm sure a couple more drops of another oil won't do any harm so I can't wait to receive it now I know that it has fans on the Forum.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Argan for three weeks and it (along with my return to Retin-A) has entirely healed the damage to my chin caused by a bad reaction to the oxygen in the Karin Herzog products that I was using.

For me, it out-performs my previous favourite, Jojoba, by a country mile. I am cautiously optimistic that my skin agrees with it, and am very pleased so far with the results not only on my chin but all over my face (my slight n-b lines are looking slighter!).

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:
Big duh moment on my part, I actually ordered from Nature's Gift (not GOW). Embarassed Sorry! So I can't speak to GOW, but I've had great success with Nature's Gift, and I agree with Jeannine that their customer service was great. I'll order from them again.

Jeannine wrote:

KBLang wrote:

me three! their oils etc. are excellent quality too.
GreenDiva
5% products discount

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kaeline offers complete line of very high quality argan oil products that include the 100% pure organic argan oil, day creams, a wonderful argan and shea butter night balm, lip treatment, face serums, and massage oils. You can find them at Xandra Renouvelle or buy them on Amazon. All the products and the company itself is highly recommended. I have tried many of the others and personally think these are the best out there!
havana8

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
A Canadian source for pure Argan Oil is Earth to Body at $28 CAD / 100 ml and free shipping:
http://www.natural.ca/products/argan_oil.html

I love the Himalayan Pink Rock Crystals they have....
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I wonder if anybody could give me their expert advice on argan oil please. I reead this thread cos the heading and the first few comments really hooked me - ie, argan oil helps acne. I've suddenly come out in cystic acne around my jawline at the tender age of 36 and am willing to try ANYTHING!!!!! But, along with stress, i think i maybe caused this myself as i had started using OCM to cleanse my face. So, obviously, i'm hesitant to try another oil to clear the acne, but the reports sound so good about it!!

Does anyone advise me to steer clear? I suffered normal teenage acne which i cleared by going on the pill. i'm now off the pill as i'm trying to conceive and, although my skin has never broken out again like it did as a teenager, my hormones obviously never COMPLETELY re-set as i've always suffered from greasy skin, blocked pores, blackheads and the odd hormonal spot. But, this summer - BAMM! huge great big boils and pustules all over my jawline that look awful and will not budge. It can only be either the OCM i was trying or stress (it's been a tough year!).

So, anyway, to get to the point - anybody else had luck with this and who suffers(ed) from cystic acne? Or do you reckon i should just steer clear of oil at all costs!

As i guess this query doesn't strictly adhere to a "Product Review", please feel free to PM me if you think that's more appropriate.

Thanks everyone in advance - all your advice is always appreciated Cool

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Teabags, I'm very sorry to hear about your acne - sounds terrible. I'm always amazed by the amount of people that seem to have trouble with OCM. For my daughter and I it was the opposite - we've not had a breakout since starting it.

I use a number of facial oils, Argan Oil included, and don't have a problem with any of them. Perhaps you could try applying the Argan Oil to just a small area of the face and see how it goes - it's definitely worth a try. On the other hand, if your acne really worries you, I would go see a doctor about it - if you've gone off the pill recently then hormones could be to blame.

Also, you could look into the DermaWand - it's wonderful for killing bacteria on the skin. It zaps pimples into oblivion - works wonders on cold sores too.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I think tamanu oil is a must have for acne prone skin, more so than argan oil. It's really strong, you can even dilute it with something like avocado oil. Tamanu oil is great for acne and it seems to fade the red spots from pimples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the original poster of this review, and I've been using argan oil for about a year now. I originally started using it because I had adult acne resulting from stress; it wasn't all cystic -- I mostly had it on my cheeks and jawline -- but it was enough that I was quite self-conscious. I empathize and hope it gets better for you soon!

So while I have the occasional hormonal/stress zit now and then, I'm essentially clear and have been working lately on the red spots left. I agree with Nimue -- I've found tamanu oil to be very effective for the red spots, especially the fresh ones. Also, after a cold sore, it's the only thing that gets the redness down. If I use too much tamanu, I get a little congested (over-excitement), but I haven't had congestion issues with argan...

My routine involves cleansing morning and night (a rotation of Shea Terra Organics Black Mint Soap, POM5 soap, and Best Bath Store's acne soap). Morning: Vit. C serum, then Devita sunscreen. Evening: Vit. C toner, then argan and tamanu oil. I spot treat with Best Bath Store acne gel. I exfoliate weekly with a mask -- my pores are pretty large, and I find the exfoliation helps with all the problems.

I don't know if this info is helpful for you or not, but maybe try an argan sample from some place to start with? Garden of Wisdom sells 1 oz. for $8.20 (USD). http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3777591.htm

I know our skin all reacts differently to different things, but it seems worth a try? Good luck!

bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't buy anything Josie Maran endorsed.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I have never tried this oil, but it sounds like it may be worth a try.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem Teabags. I can sympathize, I broke out with the worst acne I've ever had when I stopped taking the birth control pill a little over a year ago, so I think it is mostly related to hormones. I have tried many different things, some products seem to work quite well for awhile, but then they seem to stop working. I'm trying to decide right now on which blue/red LED light to buy, because I've given up on face "products" to totally clear it up. Maybe I will have to keep searching the forum though for more things to try! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:

I've never actually heard of Josie Maran - but Argan Oil is Argan Oil and if it's 100% pure it should be fine. Argan Oil has a very good reputation as a nourishing oil.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

Thanks for all your replies - much appreciated! Yes, it does make you feel so ugly doesn't it? you dress up lovely, do your hair,make sure you smell nice and have accessorised and none of it matters because you have these horrible great big pustules on your face!

Think you've convinced me to give it a go!

At the moment, i'm shying away from anything i haven't used before till my cystic acne clears and am sticking with products i've used in the past and know are okay, along with some over the counter spotcream (which is a waste of time to be frank). once my acne clears, which it is starting to slowly, i'm going to try OCM again. it does make sense to me - oil dissolving oil - and i really want it to work as i'm really into natural products. In the meantime, i'll try to get hold of some samples of argan and tamanu oil, especially for the red marks left behind. Y'know, i think they depress me more so than the acne - at 36, my skin doesn't heal quick enough anymore and it's all scarring.

Incidentally, there is also a great thread out there from a member called Fox who uses turmeric to fade her red scars. i'm trying it myself (slowly, to make sure i don't react!), just adding a small amount to my usual face wash. it does seem to brighten my skin up and help with red marks, but be careful because it does stain everything if you dont' take care!

in the meantime, thanks for the advice. i am determined to spend 2009 with clear, fresh, dewy skin!

Laughing

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
wantsclearskin wrote:
I have never tried this oil, but it sounds like it may be worth a try.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem Teabags. I can sympathize, I broke out with the worst acne I've ever had when I stopped taking the birth control pill a little over a year ago, so I think it is mostly related to hormones. I have tried many different things, some products seem to work quite well for awhile, but then they seem to stop working. I'm trying to decide right now on which blue/red LED light to buy, because I've given up on face "products" to totally clear it up. Maybe I will have to keep searching the forum though for more things to try! Very Happy

Ha ha - trust me, you'll get tonnes of ideas here for any sort of problem! It's great, i love it (and have placed my first order - Dr H cleansing cream because i keep reading so many good things about it!). Infact, if you're anything like me, you won't know what to try first! Happy shopping! Dancing

Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Teabags, I'm very sorry to hear about your acne - sounds terrible. I'm always amazed by the amount of people that seem to have trouble with OCM. For my daughter and I it was the opposite - we've not had a breakout since starting it.

I use a number of facial oils, Argan Oil included, and don't have a problem with any of them. Perhaps you could try applying the Argan Oil to just a small area of the face and see how it goes - it's definitely worth a try. On the other hand, if your acne really worries you, I would go see a doctor about it - if you've gone off the pill recently then hormones could be to blame.

Also, you could look into the DermaWand - it's wonderful for killing bacteria on the skin. It zaps pimples into oblivion - works wonders on cold sores too.

Thanks for info - yes, had read soooo much good stuff about OCM! Too good to be true! And it did work for a week or two - i had the clearest, cleanest looking skin i've ever had. Then the cysts kicked in. but i tried with sweet almond and grapeseed oil as i didn't have castor - maybe that reacted? Or i didn't wipe it all off properly? Although i have previously often used the Body Shop Vit E oil as a night-time moisturiser with no bad effect whatsoever, and that is simply wheatgerm oil which i would have thought was more heavy and, therefore, pore clogging, than anything?

Ahhh well - once i've got the cysts under control, i'm going to tentatively go back to OCM using castor/EVOO just incase OCM wasn't to blame, but I am definitely going to try argan and tamanu in the meantime.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Teabags wrote:
Thanks for info - yes, had read soooo much good stuff about OCM! Too good to be true! And it did work for a week or two - i had the clearest, cleanest looking skin i've ever had. Then the cysts kicked in. but i tried with sweet almond and grapeseed oil as i didn't have castor - maybe that reacted? Or i didn't wipe it all off properly? Although i have previously often used the Body Shop Vit E oil as a night-time moisturiser with no bad effect whatsoever, and that is simply wheatgerm oil which i would have thought was more heavy and, therefore, pore clogging, than anything?

Ahhh well - once i've got the cysts under control, i'm going to tentatively go back to OCM using castor/EVOO just incase OCM wasn't to blame, but I am definitely going to try argan and tamanu in the meantime.

It's important to incorporate Castor Oil into the OCM mix because it is supposed to suck impurities out of the skin. I'm glad you're game to give it another try. Just make sure that you thoroughly remove all the oil with lots of warm water and a wash cloth. I also wipe my face with a cotton pad soaked in Rose Water to make sure that the skin is absolutely clean.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

I've never actually heard of Josie Maran - but Argan Oil is Argan Oil and if it's 100% pure it should be fine. Argan Oil has a very good reputation as a nourishing oil.

Just wanted to clarify that the Josie Maran brand was what I tried first, but Argan Oil is indeed Argan Oil, and I've been using a different (less expensive) source since.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |