Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil -- less acne + glow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
wantsclearskin wrote:
I have never tried this oil, but it sounds like it may be worth a try.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem Teabags. I can sympathize, I broke out with the worst acne I've ever had when I stopped taking the birth control pill a little over a year ago, so I think it is mostly related to hormones. I have tried many different things, some products seem to work quite well for awhile, but then they seem to stop working. I'm trying to decide right now on which blue/red LED light to buy, because I've given up on face "products" to totally clear it up. Maybe I will have to keep searching the forum though for more things to try! Very Happy

Wantsclearskin--- the same thing happened to me when I went off BC a few years back--- it was literally a nightmare. The ONLY thing that helped was serious treatment from a dermatologist, so that might be something you could check out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
It's important to incorporate Castor Oil into the OCM mix because it is supposed to suck impurities out of the skin. I'm glad you're game to give it another try. Just make sure that you thoroughly remove all the oil with lots of warm water and a wash cloth. I also wipe my face with a cotton pad soaked in Rose Water to make sure that the skin is absolutely clean.

I also meant to suggest adding a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to the OCM mix. Tea Tree Oil is nature's antiseptic.
GreenDiva
5% products discount

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Not all the argan oil is the same even if it says 100%. If it is not processed correctly, it can have a strong almost sour smell -- not the nutty smell that is most characteristic. The higher end brands like Kaeline use a double filtration method to ensure purity and naturally neutralize the odor. I tried the ArganBody and it was too strong smelling for my liking. I also bought some of the ones that were very inexpensive (arganoils?) and I don't believe they were pure -- they seemed heavier and weren't as absorbent. I like the addition of essential oils to the argan oil that Kaeline blends as it addresses specific skin issues. Good information here and lots of new ideas.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Keliu wrote:
It's important to incorporate Castor Oil into the OCM mix because it is supposed to suck impurities out of the skin. I'm glad you're game to give it another try. Just make sure that you thoroughly remove all the oil with lots of warm water and a wash cloth. I also wipe my face with a cotton pad soaked in Rose Water to make sure that the skin is absolutely clean.

I also meant to suggest adding a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to the OCM mix. Tea Tree Oil is nature's antiseptic.

Thanks for that - y'know what, i had considered that myself. Spooky! Thought of adding tea-tree, peppermint (read it decongests pores) and lemon (combats grease). i have also started using ACV toner with witch hazel, so plan to use that after OCM when i start back on it Razz

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I wanted to mention one of the premixed lines that Natures Gift carries is the "Cleopatra" line. The line is for mature, drier skin types. Anyway, there is a serum called Cleopatra's Secret Anti-aging skin serum, which is very interesting sounding. It contains argan and marula, along with a bunch of very nice EOs in it. I think it would be too much for my oily skin, but the gals with dry skin types would love it. It's $18 for 1/2 oz, but you only need a drop or 2.

http://www.naturesgift.com/cleopatras-secret.htm

OK! I ordered this and am waiting with my nose to the window for it to arrive! I love the smell of frankincense, so, even if it doesn't do anything for my poor old hide, I can use it for aromatherapy. Thanks Boski!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used argan oil for their hair? I had read all of these good reviews about Morrocanoil, but when I finally found a full list of ingredients, it was full of silicones, etc. and argan oil wasn't even listed first! I have very thin but wavy hair that is prone to frizz, and was thinking I could perhaps use a small amount of argan oil to help with shine, frizz control, curl definition, etc?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
Has anyone used argan oil for their hair? I had read all of these good reviews about Morrocanoil, but when I finally found a full list of ingredients, it was full of silicones, etc. and argan oil wasn't even listed first! I have very thin but wavy hair that is prone to frizz, and was thinking I could perhaps use a small amount of argan oil to help with shine, frizz control, curl definition, etc?

I've used it - it made my hair very oily, I couldn't imagine leaving the house with it looking like that - but I have very fine fair hair. I think it would be good for a deep conditioning treatment - maybe apply it before going to bed and then wash off in the morning.

That doesn't sound very good news about the Moroccan Oil - where did you find the ingredient list? I've ordered some, but I'm going to try applying it to my hair before I colour it - so I'll let you know how that goes. Haven't received it yet though.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just googled Morrocanoil and found a few websites that had the complete ingredient list . . .
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
I just googled Morrocanoil and found a few websites that had the complete ingredient list . . .

well could you share here because I've looked and couldn't find it.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, it's in some discussion sites:
www.truthinaging.com/2008/08/moroccanoil.html

http://community.qvc.com/topic/Beauty-Banter/Know-Buy-00/5700047527?start=15&

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6083447
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
and one more -

http://destiny-boutique.amazonwebstore.com/Moroccan-Oil-3.4-oz/A/B0015QX3GQ.htm
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links Sark. So here's the list:

Ingredients in MoroccanOil:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

I'm not worried about the 'cones - my hair is bleached to crap anyway, so I'm sure a few 'cones won't go astray! Wish it would hurry up and arrive.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
The Moroccan Oil sounds like it would be fine for flat-ironing - the silicones and argan oil would probably protect the hair. I don't know what Linseed oil does, except provide Omega's probably.

I have been using Cleopatra's Secret oil which contains argan oil and marula oil for my skin and hair. It absorbs very very fast on the skin and leaves a matte finish, not dewy, so I think this formula would even work for those with oily skin. My skin is normal, but the T zone can get oily and this has not made it worse....in fact it keeps it matte, even under my SS and foundation.
I tried it with my flat-iron today on some strands that have become fried from highlights and ironing and blowdrying: it made them silky and smooth. It did look too oily by itself on the hair, but after flat-ironing it absorbed well and just left a healthy shine. Nice multi-tasker!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my Argan Oil last week from GOW. I've been using it before bedtime after my tea tree oil and tamanu oil on some acne scars. I use a tiny bit on my face, but I rub it all over and some on my neck too. Well, I have woken up to glowing skin. I rarely get acne any more just some hormonal acne (1 or 2). This is the time when I should be getting a flair up, but so far, I have smooth, glowing skin. Before, Argan oil, my skin would be oily in the AM when I wake up and I do not have this glow.
zirconn
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi KBLang, thanks for highlighting this thread to me, it's so interesting. I was actually contemplating buying IsClinical serums but read such wonderful reviews of argan oil. I prefer natural products as my face is sensitive, oily and acne prone. Anyway, IsClinical is so expensive so I reckon I give this a try first! Geez..I've been spending more money ever since I found EDS.

I'm also interested in getting the tamanu oil that some of you recommended, and I also have tea tree oil and rose hip oil. I've many scars on my cheeks and new acne pop out every so often on my cheeks and chin area. Can I ask the order in which you all use the oil, do you wait for it to be absorb before applying another layer or simply mix it all up, and exactly how many drops of each oil do you use? As my scars are spread over my cheeks, can I apply tamanu over that area instead of spotting, then apply tea tree on acne and lastly argan all over? Will it be too much oil? I usually wake up in the morning with an oily face and is quite concerned with overloading my face with too much oil Confused

Pardon me asking so many questions but I don't have much experience using oils on face. I've only tried added rose hip oil to my moisturiser
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:

I really like the Morrocanoil line for hair. I have tried the hair mask and the oil you use on your hair and they work wonderful. Your hair is left soft and shiny.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
zirconn wrote:
Hi KBLang, thanks for highlighting this thread to me, it's so interesting. I was actually contemplating buying IsClinical serums but read such wonderful reviews of argan oil. I prefer natural products as my face is sensitive, oily and acne prone. Anyway, IsClinical is so expensive so I reckon I give this a try first! Geez..I've been spending more money ever since I found EDS.

I'm also interested in getting the tamanu oil that some of you recommended, and I also have tea tree oil and rose hip oil. I've many scars on my cheeks and new acne pop out every so often on my cheeks and chin area. Can I ask the order in which you all use the oil, do you wait for it to be absorb before applying another layer or simply mix it all up, and exactly how many drops of each oil do you use? As my scars are spread over my cheeks, can I apply tamanu over that area instead of spotting, then apply tea tree on acne and lastly argan all over? Will it be too much oil? I usually wake up in the morning with an oily face and is quite concerned with overloading my face with too much oil Confused

Pardon me asking so many questions but I don't have much experience using oils on face. I've only tried added rose hip oil to my moisturiser

Glad you're finding this helpful (if expensive Smile) zirconn. I was a little confused at first with all the "layering" of oil taking place, so here's what I've figured out for myself: I currently use some sort of brightening serum in the evening (Vit C., assorted samples I'm trying). I apply that after washing and toning. I wait a little for that to sink in (brush teeth, etc.), and then I apply my oils. I used to "spot" with the tamanu and then put argan all over, but I also have acne marks I want to fade all over my cheeks. And I heard some folks were having luck with tamanu helping their acne. So I just started mixing argan and tamanu together in my palm and then applying them as one all over (not necessarily more oil, just combining the two to get the amount of moisture that feels best). Now I have a little dropper jar with the two mixed together; there's less tamanu than argan simply because it's more viscous and I don't think I need as much with it. Though if I have a particularly bad dark mark or a fresh one, I'll dab a little more tamanu on it, but otherwise I'm not spot treating per se...

I don't use tea tree oil, but I'm wondering if you could apply that first, wait for it to "set," and then go ahead with tamanu and argan? I haven't used rosehip because I heard it could cause acne -- though it's amazing when I get bruises, and I might consider testing it on my face one of these days. In terms of being too oily, I've always waken up a little oily in the morning (since teenagehood) but with these oils, it's nothing but glow once I wash my face. In fact (knock on wood!) I haven't even gotten a zit in two weeks -- and that's through hormones! Very Happy I've found that oils really actually help my face, even though you'd think it make them more oily. I fight Mother Nature with more Mother Nature! HTH -- and feel free to ask more questions, EDS is such a treasure trove!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I put the teat tree oil, wait a minute, then I mix a little argan and tamanu (a little tiny bit), in the palm of my hand then put all over. I use tamanu oil on stubbord scars as a spot treatment.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
I use tamanu oil on stubbord scars as a spot treatment.

How long does it take to see results?
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
divalovesmusic wrote:
I use tamanu oil on stubbord scars as a spot treatment.

How long does it take to see results?

In my experience, the tamanu can be pretty remarkable -- I saw genuine results after just one to two applications! Very Happy It slowed down after that (at least for me), but taking the redness down significantly in just a day or two is great. A little while ago I get a cold sore, and I put tamanu on after the sore was gone but the lip area was still really red -- by the next morning it looked soooo much better. Like I said, I won't see such significant results continually, but I'm a fan and won't be without it.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:

In my experience, the tamanu can be pretty remarkable -- I saw genuine results after just one to two applications!

Thanks for the info! I have just one last question, do you know if it works on old scars? I have a small old scar from chicken pox near my eye.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
KBLang wrote:

In my experience, the tamanu can be pretty remarkable -- I saw genuine results after just one to two applications!

Thanks for the info! I have just one last question, do you know if it works on old scars? I have a small old scar from chicken pox near my eye.

Do you mean a raised or indented scar, kdd? The "scars" I'm actually referring to (as I believe the other posters were) is the red marks that are left over from zits. Mine last for months, if not longer, and that's very noticeable on my pale skin. In terms of scars that are more than just pigmentation, I'm not sure if you'd see results. Maybe some other folks can chime in on their use of tamanu and "scars" -- what kinds, results? Sorry if this is disappointing news! Sad

kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:

Do you mean a raised or indented scar, kdd?

It is an indented scar. I am very tan, so it is a bit darker than my skin tone. I have tried everything on it, so no it is not disappointing Smile. I may have to get it lasered.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
KBLang wrote:

Do you mean a raised or indented scar, kdd?

It is an indented scar. I am very tan, so it is a bit darker than my skin tone. I have tried everything on it, so no it is not disappointing Smile. I may have to get it lasered.

Oh, bummer. It's possible that the tamanu might help with the coloring though -- and it's cheap enough from DIY suppliers that it might be worth a try. Good luck!

Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just spent about 15 minutes on the Nature's Gift web site and I must say it's a very user UN-friendly web site. Could someone who has the Cleopatra's Secret Anti-Aging Serum please post the ingredient list as I'd really like to know the order in which they're listed.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |