Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
I've noticed something whenever I use NCN pumpkin peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been a peel user since I discovered it when I joined EDS so I'm using NCN's pumpkin peel which is the strongest out of all the popular peels on this board. But its not til recently that I've noticed that every time I use it, the following day I will get 3-4 painful cystic type pimples, especially on my U-zone.
And come to think of it, I do tend to break out whenever I use the peel but I thought that it was my TOTM, poor diet, lifestyle etc and that its just a coincidence. But this week, I can be sure that its the pumpkin peel.
I cant recall breaking out using PSF or JB... so does anyone else break out after using the peel?
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
oh ow !
I know it is strong.
But, I have never broken out with painful cystic pimples. I'm sure Nanci will pop in for the correct answer.
I hope you heal quickly.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used it 4 times, but have never had any problems with it.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, i dont know...maybe its cos its too strong Confused
I seriously had no idea the cause of the breakouts was the pumpkin peel til now...especially when I've used it for such a long time Embarassed
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Not me. Maybe it's not appropriate for your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe but other than the pimples, after using the pumpkin peel, the rest of my face is smooth, soft and glowy so I dont want to quit using it Rolling Eyes
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps you can try it again, using just a little bit, and don't leave it on as long as usual. I would give it about a two week break though, before doing it again.

How often were you doing it anyway?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
hhm that's strange... Although I have never used a strong pumpkin peel before so I can't really comment on that. Perhaps the mask is too strong and irritating to ur U zone?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I use the NCN Pumpkin Peel biweekly and have never had breakouts from it. As it contains strong fruit acids, perhaps it may encourage the "junk" to the surface if you have a pimple that's in its beginning stage?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I've used PSF pumpkin peel and never had any problems with it (this one is not as strong though). I did however, regularly break out from a fruit peel (papaya, I think) I bought in a health food store.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah, why don't you email Nanci? I'm sure she would be happy to try and help. It's really a shame it's causing you problems. I adore her pumpkin peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it is irritating your skin? How often are you using it? It is strong and usage should depend on how often you exfoliate with any other products like a microfiber cloth, scrubs, etc. Also, maybe just avoid using on your U-zone (what area is that??? chin?)

I've used the NCN pumpkin peel and alternated it's weekly use (actually probably less than weekly) with a DIY company's aspirin mask for more than a year. It's one of my fav products! and I just reupped with a NCN order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the pumpkin peel once every 6-8 weeks, as I already use Retin-A and microfibre cloth and *sometimes* aspirin mask. I dont even leave the peel on that long, maybe 1-2 minutes.

Razz U-zone was a new word to me but after watching this programme, one of the skincare/makeup artist to the stars (Taiwan), said U-zone (from one cheek to the other).

I think I'm gonna try using it one more time then if I break out still, then I'm just gonna let my mum finish off the jar Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I'm using the pumpkin peel once every 6-8 weeks, as I already use Retin-A and microfibre cloth and *sometimes* aspirin mask.

Looks like your answer is *too* much exfoliation!

yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
At first I thought so too. But since going on Retin-A, I dont think I had an aspirin mask (well just yesterday when the flakes were proving too much for me Embarassed ) and ocassionally, the microfibre cloth is just to pat dry my face and not used to remove my MMU. Also, I dont use the Retin-A the night before doing a peel.
I've learnt my lesson on over-exfoliation---I used to use aspirin mask/scrub everyday Rolling Eyes
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought because if it is, you can try to avoid those spots. I have some chronically clogged pores and I am not sure why that happens.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm a lover of this product. What is your skin type? And length of time you keep it on your skin per use?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I've been advised by Nanci that I shouldnt continue using the peel as I might be allergic to one of its ingredients. She kindly offered a refund (even though its way past the 60days) but as I share the product with my mum, I'm gonna let her finish it off

Now I'm on the search for a good quality peel Rolling Eyes
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
3 cheers to Nanci..

Her first concern is always that the customer is happy and satisfied, and will do all she can to remedy the situation.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |