Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
pock marks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I had a question regarding the skin on my face. Over the last months I have noticed that I seem to be getting these round pock like marks on my face. I went to see the Dermatologist and he told me that they were just a combination of scars from chicken pox and acne.

I told him that I just started to get these marks this year but I don't think he believed me. I know the marks aren't a result of acne because I have never had acne and I had chicken pox like 15 years ago. I seem to be getting them around my temples and near my jaw line. I also have some on my cheeks. I am getting so frustrated because these marks are not going away and are just making my skin look older and I am only 27 yrs old! Any advice would be appreciated Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jag
pock marks are common for acne and chicken pocks or damage to the skin on the face, however you are saying that you do not have acne (lucky you) and your marks are "new". My suggestion to you since you say it is something that just started happening is, could it be that your skin is dehydrated? Now my derm said that although you may not feel like your skin is dehydrated (could be oily on the top, but dehydrated under the top layers). When skin is dehydrated under the top layer it could actually try to start "sucking" reaction to try to hydrate itself. It could be trying to get moisture from the top layer. The other thing it could be, especially if it is only happening in a certain place is, skin cancer. I don't want to panic you and I am no doctor, but my derm told me that one indication that you could have skin cancer is your skin "pocks" starts looking like it is sucking in. He told me that same thing about breast cancer. If you see sunken in portions on your skin, you should get it checked. Especially since you are saying that nothing you can think of is causing it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
And if your Derm doesn't believe you, I would suggest getting a different one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's so weird that your doctor doesn't believe what you say...

bethany wrote:
And if your Derm doesn't believe you, I would suggest getting a different one!
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have told many friends of mine: La Mer is indeed a good try for all the marks. It has great recovering effect.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I had the same problem. It turns out it was sun damage. Do you use sunscreen?
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi skincarefreak

I don't use sunscreen. But the only sun exposure I get is from walking to and from the car when I go to work. Extreme heat gives me headaches so I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I guess those 10 min a day probably add up. The marks might just be sun damage. How did you know that it was sun damage? Did using sunscreen prevent or get rid off them?

thanks!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
jag wrote:
Hi skincarefreak

I don't use sunscreen. But the only sun exposure I get is from walking to and from the car when I go to work. Extreme heat gives me headaches so I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I guess those 10 min a day probably add up. The marks might just be sun damage. How did you know that it was sun damage? Did using sunscreen prevent or get rid off them?

thanks!

Sun damage is cumulative. This damage may be from 10 years ago. My dermatologist told me it was sun damage. Using sunscreen has helped my skin, but it hasn't taken them away. Copper peptides, peels, tazorac, and the dermaroller have helped as well.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
btw, how exactly does pock marks look like? Embarassed
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
my marks look pretty similar to the marks on the side of the lady's face (1st pic)

just paste this into google and its the first link .bcm.edu/dermatology/?PMID=2331
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
jag wrote:
my marks look pretty similar to the marks on the side of the lady's face (1st pic)

just paste this into google and its the first link .bcm.edu/dermatology/?PMID=2331

hhm it does look like those chicken pox or pimple marks. So they appeared just overnight or gradually became noticeable?
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hey. No, they didn't appear over night. I think I noticed my first one about a year ago and now over the last few months it seems like i have gotten many more. I wish I could just make them go away Sad
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
jag wrote:
Hey. No, they didn't appear over night. I think I noticed my first one about a year ago and now over the last few months it seems like i have gotten many more. I wish I could just make them go away Sad

hhm perhaps you should seek help from a different dermatologist? I wish I know why that happened...
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Since this is strange - not easy to attribute to acne or chicken pox as it only became noticeable this year - I would definitely recommend you consult with another dermatologist.

Similar to what bergquis wrote, I feel the skin reflects your health and changes in it may be a sign of something more serious - so definitely check it out. Don't mean to get you scared but you probably should have your doctor run some blood work - some things to check out: your blood vitamin D levels, lipid panel, blood sugar A1C, liver enzymes, other types of herpes (chicken pox is in the herpes family), etc.

Another possible cause is an allergy - it could be a food allergy, an allergy to a topical you are using, etc. - that takes more detective work. Back track in time to when you started noticing them - did you change your lifestyle in any way, start taking a drug or supplement, etc.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |