Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
buying from ebay
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Is it ok to buy skincare products from ebay?
How do u if it's real? Thanks!

the skinceuticals products is so much cheaper on ebay.. just wondering how much is the original price of the retinol 0.5% in US? I saw one selling on ebay at 30AUD.. which is 20AUD less than strawberry net..

Any ideas? Thanks..
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I've heard some people say it was well worth it but others say the products were old when they received them. I am sure there are some reputable places that someone can suggest. Good luck!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I buy products from ebay all the time, but I try to buy from people with lots of positive feedback, and I always ask about expiration dates, etc. and return policies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
yeah.. i only buy from people with more than 99% +ve feedback..

However, checking the expiry date is rather difficult because most manufacturer have no expiry date for skin care products.. I've never really seen any written on the box..
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I buy products from ebay all the time, but I try to buy from people with lots of positive feedback, and I always ask about expiration dates, etc. and return policies.

Same here. I've had no probs with products I've purchased when doing this.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:57 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Same here. I've had no probs with products I've purchased when doing this.

Me too. Just purchase from a reputable seller.
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
i always stick to the powersellers when buying certain skincare off ebay
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm another who buys from ebay. I just make sure to check the feedback, and read the comments too. Shipping costs also help determine who I buy from.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm.. just wondering if anyone buy from prettyskin4less? they have a ebay account as well.. and they seems to stock the whole range of skinceuticals,dermalogica, cellex-C, eminence..
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I spent quite a bit of money on ebay, but I found it was extremely important to find a good, reliable seller. I once got a product which did not have a box and the bottle looked really dirty. Another extreme example is that one of my sellers just never cancelled his/her ebay seller account after I received the product.

However, there are good sellers there and I met one, but you need to be very careful. I would buy something not related to health, food and skincare on ebay.  

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
[quote="alimwj"]yeah.. i only buy from people with more than 99% +ve feedback..

However, checking the expiry date is rather difficult because most manufacturer have no expiry date for skin care products.. I've never really seen any written on the box..[/quote]

Agree with you, reputation of a seller is very important, this is the only data that reflect the quality of the skin care (coz we don't know how to distinguish the product real or not)
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Ebay is a great place to be confused by a range of old formulations and often old stock. You do find the occasional legitimate retailer, but often that means not very discounted prices. Also from an ethical point of view, there are a lot of people who work in distribution/store employment that are somehow siphoning full size and sample size products for their own profit.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
especially for expensive products there are often incredible good offers on ebay... but its also a fact, that those top end products do have their fakes on the market, where everything looks same: package, colour..

every product has a batch number, which even might tell the production date...
one could check with the manufacturer if the batch number would be an authentic one..

but... even this can be faked... Rolling Eyes
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I buy skincare off of Ebay all the time. I check their feedback first,(don't buy under 99.4%) then if there's no expiration date listed, I e-mail the seller. If they don't e-mail me back with the date, I don't buy. I've only had one bad experience in five years.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
How did u guys check the expiry date? I realise most of my skincare products did not have an expiry date.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I buy skin care products quite often from ebay and so far have not had any problems. Like the others, I always check the feedback of the seller before I buy.
kylie

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
i buy products of ebay all the time you need to make sure they are new and not been used as samples, but its a cheap way of buying products but you still need to shp around!!!! ebay isnt always cheaper....eds is cheaper than ebay with their pevonia products...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
alimwj wrote:
How did u guys check the expiry date? I realise most of my skincare products did not have an expiry date.

best before date
- the product has a batch number,
- the manufacturer keeps records when the batch was produced,
- also the products have a shelf-time, specified by the manufacturer..

e.g. batch# 12345 --> produced on 2008-01 --> shelf time is 30 month --> expiry date of the product: 2010-06

...except for pharmaceutical products, i have never seen an expiry date or the shelf-time on cosmetics...
so without help from the company i wouldnt know either how to find out the expiry date...

a jar-symbol + number (month) on the package
when the number next to the symbol says e.g. "6", and the bottle is opened on 2008-02 then it should be finished by 2008-08..
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
So which more trustworthy ebay seller would
you recommend for a wide range of cosmetics? I'm going broke from EDS LOL. But I'll always remain a returning customer. :] I just need a cheaper source at the moment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ye watch the expiry dates of products when buying from ebay.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |