Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do I get bushy eyelashes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to this forum - my eyelashes are very-very long now. My next goal - to make them bushy Smile . Do you, girls, know any DIY recipes to achieve it?

TIA Laughing
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Using castor oil on my lashes has made them a little fuller. I put it an empty mascara tubes so its easy to apply. Garden of wisdom sells the empty tubes.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
In this thread you will see that some people have had luck with applying vitamin E oil on their eye lashes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24201&start=0

I have noticed that my eye lashes grew fuller when I started taking diet supplements like green foods and vit B. I always see new, small sprouts growing on the lash line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
In this thread you will see that some people have had luck with applying vitamin E oil on their eye lashes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24201&start=0

I have noticed that my eye lashes grew fuller when I started taking diet supplements like green foods and vit B. I always see new, small sprouts growing on the lash line.

Vitamin E oil is so amazing! One more area for me to apply it Smile thanks for the tip Septembergirl
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for tips !

I tried Castor Oil, but it stings when gets into eyes. Sad
I will try vitamin E.
I'm already taking Biotin, B5, Silica, etc.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Thanks for tips !

I tried Castor Oil, but it stings when gets into eyes. Sad
I will try vitamin E.
I'm already taking Biotin, B5, Silica, etc.

Castor oil shouldn't sting when it gets into the eyes. I use castor oil regularly, sometimes I make up with little globs of oil in the corners of my eyes and they don't sting at all. You have to make sure that the castor oil you're using is cold pressed and completely pure, and that it's not past expiration.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 am      Reply with quote
thx, I will try the vitamin E
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
You have to make sure that the Castor oil you're using is cold pressed and completely pure, and that it's not past expiration.

My Castor Oil has red color - I've got it from my Sri Lankian friend. I've got yellow one from Health Store, but she told me that yellow is not pure. Or is it?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Nimue wrote:
You have to make sure that the Castor oil you're using is cold pressed and completely pure, and that it's not past expiration.

My Castor Oil has red color - I've got it from my Sri Lankian friend. I've got yellow one from Health Store, but she told me that yellow is not pure. Or is it?

I've never heard of red castor oil! My castor oil is pale yellow, and that's what it's supposed to be.

"Castor oil (CAS number 8001-79-4) is a colorless to very pale yellow liquid with mild or no odor or taste."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_oil
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nimue!

I have yellowish Castor Oil too. I just thought it's not sooooo good. Laughing Will use it now.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Thanks Nimue!

I have yellowish Castor Oil too. I just thought it's not sooooo good. Laughing Will use it now.

Does it say that it's cold pressed and cold processed? It also has to be hexane and paraben free.
havana8

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Nimue wrote:

I hadn't heard of red castor oil either!

Turkey Red Oil - from The Castor Oil Dictionary
Sulfonated castor oil is castor oil that has been treated so that it is fully dispersible in water, thus making it perfect for bath oil products. Sulfonated (sulfated) castor oil, or Turkey Red Oil, was the first synthetic detergent after ordinary Soap. Also called Sulfated Castor Oil & Turkey Red Oil, it is used in formulating lubricants, softeners, and dyeing assistants.
http://www.castoroil.in/reference/glossary/turkey_red_oil.html

Turkey Red Oil – from New Thymes
The plant is a native of India and the fixed oil is obtained by expression from the seeds. It has been used Therapeutic (Therapuetic) ally and medicinally in ancient India, China, Persia, Egypt, Africa, Greece, Rome, and in 17th century Europe. This oil is also known as Palma Christi or the "Palm of Christ". The tree is very variable in habit and appearance, the known varieties being very numerous, and having mostly been described as species. In the tropical latitudes which is most favorable to its growth, it becomes a tree some 30 to 40 feet in height; in the Azores and in the warmer Mediterranean countries - Algeria, Egypt, Greece and the Riviera - it is of more slender growth, attaining an average height of only 10 to 15 feet, and farther north in France, and in this country, where it is cultivated mostly as an ornamental plant, on account of its large and beautiful foliage, it is merely a shrubby branched annual herb, rarely more than 4 to 5 feet high.

It is used mainly used for hair conditioners treating conditions such as dry or brittle, damaged hair or hair loss. This is a very thick oil with a slight but prominent odor and slightly sticky texture. It is also often used as an emollient and skin softener, and medicinally as a treatment of gastrointestinal problems, lacerations and other skin disorders such as psoriasis. It is also found in many commercial skin care products. When it is used in the manufacture of soap it forms a clean, light-colored soap with a stable lather, which dries and hardens well, it is free from smell, and has been recommended for medicinal use. Use in addition to other carriers at around 10% of the total oil. Considered safe in normal applications. 1 year to 2 years. If kept properly in airtight container, Should be refrigerated after opening. www.newthymes.com/carrieroils/turkeyred.html

There was also one mention that you shouldn't use it if you are allergic to sulfa.
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Does it say that it's cold pressed and cold processed? It also has to be hexane and paraben free.

I'm looking at the box.It called 'Castor Herbal Hair Oil'
Ingredients:
Refined vegetable Oil
Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis)/Castor Oil Plant/ Ricin / Ricinus,
Parfum,
Red (3366, 2615, 12150),
Tertiary Butyl Hydroxy Quinone.

OMG, I first time read the ingredients and it does not look good. It says 'For thicker, darker and denser hair'. Maybe it's good for hair, never tried (I'm blond), but it definitely not good for my eyes. However, my daughter uses it for lashes and eye brows and she likes it...
havana8

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Nimue wrote:

I'm looking at the box.It called 'Castor Herbal Hair Oil'
Ingredients:
Refined vegetable Oil
Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis)/Castor Oil Plant/ Ricin / Ricinus,
Parfum,
Red (3366, 2615, 12150),
Tertiary Butyl Hydroxy Quinone.

OMG, I first time read the ingredients and it does not look good. It says 'For thicker, darker and denser hair'. Maybe it's good for hair, never tried (I'm blond), but it definitely not good for my eyes. However, my daughter uses it for lashes and eye brows and she likes it...

oohhhhh! so it's regular castor oil with the red colour added. I wonder what the last line is? hmm
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

oohhhhh! so it's regular castor oil with the red colour added. I wonder what the last line is? hmm

http://www.crystalquinone.com/TBHQ.htm

Gross! Especially for eyes. Embarassed
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Definitely get some pure cold pressed and cold processed totally pure castor oil for both you and your daughter! Don't let your daughter use that close to her eyes, even if so far she likes it. Use the "red castor oil" up on your hair, but not around your eyes.

TanyaB wrote:
havana8 wrote:

http://www.crystalquinone.com/TBHQ.htm

Gross! Especially for eyes. Embarassed
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB,

Don't worry, castor oil doesn't make hair darker. No way. I don't even think it makes hair grow faster, it just makes hair healthier by conditioning it. If you use it all over your face, it's not going to make your facial hair grow any thicker or darker or anything like that.

While we're on the topic of hair though, I want to point out that oil is not always good for hair. It depends on your hair. I love it on my eyelashes eyebrows and skin, but now that I don't ever shampoo my hair (I use conditioner only) I don't like oil on my hair. When I used shampoo like a normal person, I really liked treating my hair with an oil mask occasionally. But I don't anymore.

TanyaB wrote:

TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I don't ever shampoo my hair (I use conditioner only)

Btw, I stopped using shampoo few weeks ago. Now I'm using conditioner mixed with honey. My hair looks much more healthier and shinier, no frizz at all (which was my main issue).
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Where do you guys buy cold-pressed, cold-compressed castor oil? I was at the Whole Foods store here and couldn't find it.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from gardenofwisdom.com
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
Where do you guys buy cold-pressed, cold-compressed castor oil? I was at the Whole Foods store here and couldn't find it.

I buy mine at a health store. They sell supplements. I think it's called vitamin something.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Ricin is a deadly poison. Becareful with an unrefined castor oil....please (see the ingredient list above)

http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/toxicagents/ricin/ricin.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I heard that putting vaseline on your lash roots gets them growing.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:

http://www.vitacost.com/Heritage-Products-Castor-Oil
As it was suggested earlier many health food stores carry it.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't worry about it, because the poison is not going to get into the oil.

rosyface wrote:
Ricin is a deadly poison. Becareful with an unrefined castor oil....please (see the ingredient list above)

http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/toxicagents/ricin/ricin.html

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |