Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin Brightener
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I was just reading my Cosmo magazine and came across this recipe to brighten skin so I thought I'd share!

* Mix a tablespoon of tumeric powder with 1 cup of plain yogurt and leave on face for 10 min.

Hmm I do wonder if the tumeric would stain the skin though?!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
No, turmeric wouldn't stain the skin. I've heard good things aout it. It sounds like a good mask. Smile

jag wrote:
I was just reading my Cosmo magazine and came across this recipe to brighten skin so I thought I'd share!

* Mix a tablespoon of tumeric powder with 1 cup of plain yogurt and leave on face for 10 min.

MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I like to put vitamins on my face. Few months ago I mixed turmeric powder with aloe vera gel and used it as a mask. I did not remember if my skin was soft, had a glow or look brighter ...... What I remembered..... After I washed it off, my son asked me "Mom, what did you put on your face? Why you look orange?" I wiped my face with tissue and it turned orange. I had to use microfiber cloth to remove all residue. The next morning when I visit my mom, my mom asked me "Why your fingernails looked yellow? Have you been using nail polish?" No I have not polished my fingernails for over 6 months. I realized the stain was from turmeric. I soaked my fingernails in 25% bleach solution for 5 min to remove the stain. I alwasy use brush when I do mask. The stain on my fingernails were from rinsing my face with water. Yes, that's how strong the color is. I doubt if I'd do it agin but if I did, I'd put on gloves.

I've been using MSM Crystal w/aloe vera gel as a mask 3x/week for about a month and my face DO look brighter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great tip about using gloves, MACrisis! I doubt I'll be trying this mask anytime soon, as it seems a tad problematic due to the turmeric residue and skin staining potential.

I am VERY interested in your MSM Crystal & Aloe Vera mask though! Cool How much MSM powder and Aloe gel do you use in this mask, and how long do you leave it on? Thanks for your help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was wrong here then. Embarassed

I didn't think it would be such a big issue (at least it's not a permanent stain, right?) and I think Juara makes a turmeric mask.

MACrisis wrote:
I like to put vitamins on my face. Few months ago I mixed turmeric powder with aloe vera gel and used it as a mask. I did not remember if my skin was soft, had a glow or look brighter ...... What I remembered..... After I washed it off, my son asked me "Mom, what did you put on your face? Why you look orange?" I wiped my face with tissue and it turned orange. I had to use microfiber cloth to remove all residue. The next morning when I visit my mom, my mom asked me "Why your fingernails looked yellow? Have you been using nail polish?" No I have not polished my fingernails for over 6 months. I realized the stain was from turmeric. I soaked my fingernails in 25% bleach solution for 5 min to remove the stain. I alwasy use brush when I do mask. The stain on my fingernails were from rinsing my face with water. Yes, that's how strong the color is. I doubt if I'd do it agin but if I did, I'd put on gloves.

I've been using MSM Crystal w/aloe vera gel as a mask 3x/week for about a month and my face DO look brighter.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass:

I mix 3 capsules Doctor's Best Lignisul Best MSM with 15ml ~ 30ml Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel (99%). Put it on for 20 min, wet my face a little, use the MSM crystal as an exfoliator, and rinse if off. I've tried 3 different Aloe Vera Gels, all stung my eyes. No, I did not put the mask around my eye areas. I had to close my eyes when I have this mask on.

Nimue:

I don't know what's the Turmeric % in Juara's mask, I put 3 capsules Jarrow's Turmeric with some Aloe Vera Gel. I had a doubt before I put the mask on. The paste did look scary, Very, Very ORANGE. As I mentioned earlier, using water won't wash off everything, I had to use microfiber cloth.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello all~

Just thought I'd chime in...I take turmeric capsules daily due to my tendonitis of the knees...I've noticed it helps with my joints; however, I have read on EDS about people putting turmeric masks on the face...When one of my capsules fall apart it will stain my hands or my fingers, it takes a bit of washing for the stains to come out...

I do want to try the turmeric mask, but I am afraid my skin may look orangish and that's not necessarily the most attractive skin color to have...No offense to some who enjoy being that color...

But if anyone here is trying this mask on a regular basis, please do fill me in on your experience.

MACrisis~When you use this MSM mask, Is the mask chunky white and does it dry firmly on your face? I take MSM orally and some threads on here suggest putting msm creams/lotions, msm w/aloe on the skin, so I'm definitely trying to find the perfect concoction.

IMO, I think taking it orally has reduced my hyperpigmentation (but I also take Vit C and use the Marvel). I'm sure MSM on the face wouldn't hurt...Must find the perfect little recipe!
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ascorbic acid/water in about a 10% solution does wonders with brightening skin and lightening the darkness under my eyes. Too strong a solution burns and turns the skin brown, though.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
gellys wrote:
I do want to try the turmeric mask, but I am afraid my skin may look orangish and that's not necessarily the most attractive skin color to have...No offense to some who enjoy being that color...

Gellys, I think Paris Hilton is the perfect example of skin that's too orange...she often looks like a Cheeto. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
ScotsLass:

I mix 3 capsules Doctor's Best Lignisul Best MSM with 15ml ~ 30ml Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel (99%). Put it on for 20 min, wet my face a little, use the MSM crystal as an exfoliator, and rinse if off. I've tried 3 different Aloe Vera Gels, all stung my eyes. No, I did not put the mask around my eye areas. I had to close my eyes when I have this mask on.

Thanks for the info, MACrisis! Smile I take it you don't dissolve the MSM into a small amount of water or glycerin before you add it to the aloe, and that there are crystal particles of MSM in the aloe gel mixture that you then use as an exfoliating agent (meaning the mask is 'grainy' while its on your face). Is this about right?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I concur; however, I love eating cheetos here and there...Don't think it's an attractive color!

But people who use this mask, please keep me informed on your experiences. TIA!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
jag wrote:

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will have to try it out. Yogurt sounds like it would be good for the skin and yummy, too.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

I have MSM powder and 100% aloe vera gel. I am going to try mixing this and use it as a mask.

Does it help with anything else other than brightening? Fine lines?
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
turmeric will only stain your face if it has saffron extract in it , and you must use something oily to dissolve it , but I agree it's a great skin brightener , but I agree it messy
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will have to try it out. Yogurt sounds like it would be good for the skin and yummy, too.[/quote]

Yogurt makes a wonderful mask! I use Organic Whole Milk yogurt and leave it on for 10-15 minutes w/a tsp of honey and sometimes some oatmeal...And it's wonderful...As for the turmeric again, I'm a bit hesitant because of the possibility of an orange tint...I would love for someone to get on here and say the turmeric mask does wonders then I would be definitely try it! Or maybe I'll try it one of these days.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone knows a good aloe vera gel without alcohol ingredient?

And...

Where can I find vitamin C powder to mix with water or moisturizer??
PhaiG
5% products discount

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
cchan2009 wrote:
Does anyone knows a good aloe vera gel without alcohol ingredient?

And...

Where can I find vitamin C powder to mix with water or moisturizer??

Check out Garden of Wisdom for both the Vitamin C powder and the aloe vera gel. Markey carries both. She has an excellent product selection.
rubyJacksonn
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Turmeric is really helpful to get the skin better by removing the black spots.

I advice you you should wash your skin 5 to 6 time with cold water and at night Mix a tablespoon of tumeric powder with 1 cup of plain yogurt and leave on face for 10 min. By this you can get brightness on your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |