Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has Anyone Tried Dr. Brandt Antioxidant Water Booster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has tried Dr. Brandt's water boosters and if you like them.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know too! In 'Lucky' magazine maybe 2 mos ago, one of the beauty editors said she really likes them, especially a new blueberry flavored one. Let's hear from others.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
BORBA is a good alternative as well.

But the best alternative? Eat a tomato and make yourself a blueberry smoothie every day and drink green tea!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased one , (Pomegranate one). Tried it today, (one dropperful in a cup of water), does not really have any taste to it. Very Happy
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

But the best alternative? Eat a tomato and make yourself a blueberry smoothie every day and drink green tea!

Oh, that's WAY too much work, much easier to just put a dropper of stuff in water Laughing Laughing Laughing
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I just purchased one , (Pomegranate one). Tried it today, (one dropperful in a cup of water), does not really have any taste to it. Very Happy

I bit the bullet and ordered the Pommegranate one today too (Skinstore is having 20% off and shipping is always free). I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I guess no taste is OK as long as you reap the benefits.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I like Dr Brandt's Antioxidant Water Boosters and believe they are beneficial for skin and health as they contain both white and green tea and extracts from fruits and berries like pomegranate, grape seed and blueberries.

When taking liquid supplements you avoid fillers and gelatin that you find in tablets and capsules. Polyphenols from green and white tea are known to be good for health, but the dosage you get from drinking one or two cups of green tea a day is too small to get real health benefits. One dropper of the booster is supposed to be equivalent to 15 cups of green tea. I only take half a dropper a day myself, as I drink green tea and take other antioxidant supplements, as well.

I also think it's nice to give plain water a hint of fresh taste. It makes it easier for me to drink more water!

Re Borba supplements:
I lost my faith in this company when I bought a package with small jelly bears labeled "skin supplements" and found that the first ingredient on the list was sugar, one of skin's worst enemies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Re Borba supplements:
I lost my faith in this company when I bought a package with small jelly bears labeled "skin supplements" and found that the first ingredient on the list was sugar, one of skin's worst enemies.

Thats exactly what I saw too! My mom ordered them and that was the first thing I saw. So I then showed her the Dr. Brandt Antiox Water Booster instead.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what Dr. Brandt charges for his Water Booster and the specific ingredients but you can buy similar seeming items in the health food store for less. It seems to me, when a product places skin care to the name, it tends to bump up the price.

For example, check out these type of items you can get at Vitamin Shoppe and elsewhere. I'm sure you can shop around and find good prices on these items as well - check multiple sites likewww.vitacost.com,www.iherb.com, etc.

Herbasway - HerbaGreen Teas, etc. www.herbasway.com

Herbagreen Teas at Vitamin Shoppe
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/query.jsp?q=Herbagreen+Tea&intsource=main&x=49&y=12

Vitamin Shoppe Supreme Blueberry 2oz. $19.99 www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2430

Nowadays, you can find on-the-go powdered packets of various teas by Lipton, Celestial Seasoning, etc. Just check the ingredients as I think the Lipton ones usually have sucralose (generic name for Splenda) in them - I don't know if they sell unsweetened ones. I don't know if the Celestial Seasonings have added sweeteners and if they do what they use....

Tried to check but the US Lipton website is down right now for upgrades: www.liptont.com
Lipton Tea to Go review
http://coffeetea.about.com/od/typesoftea/gr/teatogo.htm

Celestial Seasonings drink mixes, including Zingers to Go www.celestialseasonings.com/products/drink-mixes.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Brandt's Antioxidant Booster is $35 per 1 oz bottle, that will last for about two months when taking the recommended dosage of 1 ml a day.

The bottles from Herbasway look very similar to Dr Brandt's boosters and are in general much more affordable!

Thank you for pointing me in this direction, Lunarmm! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Dr Brandt's Antioxidant Booster is $35 per 1 oz bottle, that will last for about two months when taking the recommended dosage of 1 ml a day.

The bottles from Herbasway look very similar to Dr Brandt's boosters and are in general much more affordable!

You're very welcome! Very Happy

It's actually much more affordable then to get the Herbasway as they are 2oz to Dr. Brandt's 1oz.
So say $20 max for 2oz of Herbasway = $10/ounce versus $35/ounce for Dr. Brandt's!!!!

Also, it might be easier to find Herbasway and similar products locally (depends if you have a Sephora or Dr. Brandt distributor in your town) at a health food store.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
ETA:
Sorry, Dr Brandt's is 2 oz!!! Same size as the Herbasway, but still far more expensive. Wink

I was also very happy to see that Herbasway offers international shipping. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

It's actually much more affordable then to get the Herbasway as they are 2oz to Dr. Brandt's 1oz.
So say $20 max for 2oz of Herbasway = $10/ounce versus $35/ounce for Dr. Brandt's!!!!

Also, it might be easier to find Herbasway and similar products locally (depends if you have a Sephora or Dr. Brandt distributor in your town) at a health food store.

My only concern with the Herbsaway as was my concern with Pure Inventions, is that it contains Stevia sweetner and the Dr. Brandt's doesn't. I think the Stevia may make it too sweet and sticky. Can anyone compare Brandt's vs. Pure Inventions?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:01 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
lunarmm wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

My only concern with the Herbsaway as was my concern with Pure Inventions, is that it contains Stevia sweetner and the Dr. Brandt's doesn't. I think the Stevia may make it too sweet and sticky. Can anyone compare Brandt's vs. Pure Inventions?

I have been using both and find the taste to be pretty much the same. Dr Brandt's Antioxidant Boosters are produced by Pure Inventions, but as you point out, Dr Brandt's do not contain Stevia.

Stevia is a very sweet herb. Personally, I don't have concerns about taking supplements with Stevia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I've tried it and found that is didn't flavor the water much which wasn't a bad thing as my nightmare would have been ending up with expensive Kool aid Surprised

5% products discount

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used two bottles of the Pomegranate. I did not really see any benefits and I did not like the taste in my water. To me, it has a subtle artifical sweetener taste.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
dbeech wrote:
I used two bottles of the Pomegranate. I did not really see any benefits and I did not like the taste in my water. To me, it has a subtle artifical sweetener taste.

Hi dbeech, can you clarify which company's product this was - the Dr. Brandt or the Herbasway? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I think this brand's vitamin is overpriced . And most skincare company price their vitamin products higher than health company .
dbeech
5% products discount

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Dr. Brandt product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Any good with this product?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Any good with this product?

I like this product, though I admit I don't use it on a regular basis (it's so hard to start new good habits). The taste is not fantastic but I just drink it down quickly and feel good knowing that at least for that day I've gotten a good fill of antioxidents orally.
havana8

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
jom wrote:
lunarmm wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

I have been using both and find the taste to be pretty much the same. Dr Brandt's Antioxidant Boosters are produced by Pure Inventions, but as you point out, Dr Brandt's do not contain Stevia.

Stevia is a very sweet herb. Personally, I don't have concerns about taking supplements with Stevia.

Herbasway is offering 33% off their entire inventory right now with coupon code IC33S at checkout.
http://www.herbasway.com/
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
To be honest, I think Dr. Brandt is over pricing. Why not eat more Pomegranate and blackberry?
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
good to know, saved my money lol~~it's really an overpriced brand
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Herbasway is offering 33% off their entire inventory right now with coupon code IC33S at checkout. http://www.herbasway.com/

Do you know when the sale ends?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |