Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

About Zenbiotic Products!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to get some feedback on Zenbiotic products. I did a search and there's not really much on this brand. Or at least not on the products that I'm interested in.

For the Sun Protector & Moisturizer, for those of u that used it before, I would like to know if you have to use their cleanser & Oxy Prep Toner like they suggested on the site? Or can I use my own cleanser & toner...

Thanks! Smile
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
hi there!
i'm now using the sun protector, and although i think they say it's better to use their range of products to reap the full benefits, at the moment i'm using a different cleanser (too lazy to tone anyways!! Laughing ) but i do love their cleanser and toner and moisturizer, i just need to clear my stash first before i re-order.

i'm also taking the activenutrix, it's hard to say whether it's doing anything but i'm bad at eating veggies and this is a great alternative for me Wink

hope liz can chime in!
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cahoot,

I am about to buy the sun protector actually so this is a well timed post. Can you/ or anyone else/ tell me what it is like, texture, easy to apply, greasy etc?
I am wanting a 'natural' sunscreen to put under MMU that has no sunscreen in it for my face mostly....and would love some feedback Smile
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I want some feedback on the Sun Protector too... Can it be used on its own with no moisturizer underneath? How is it in terms of sun protection?

For their cleansers, I wonder how effective is it in removing makeup?

I hope more ppl can chime in and give some feedbacks! Smile
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
hi sal-star and stardustdy
the texture is more like a lotion than a cream, quite 'runny', i guess, but i have oily skin so i like it. it does not make me oilier but does not really control oil either (for me anyway). however i do use MMU over it to cover pores and red marks so the MMU helps me get the matte look.
i sometimes use moisturizer underneath, sometimes not depending on how lazy i am on that particular day haha. i think for oilier skinned gals it should be fine on its own.
i love their cleanser, it makes my skin feels so soft, i don't wear much make-up only MMU and L2K, hardly any eye make-up, so I'm not able to tell you too much on whether it can remove all make-up. hopefully someone else can chime in Smile
hth!!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Any comments on the OxyToner Skin Prep? A while back someone mentioned that it compared to PSF's 02 spray.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the sun protector product description cahoot - sounds like just what I am after Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
What a coincidence--- I just applied my Zenbiotic sun protect. I love this product SO much! It is the only sunscreen I've found that doesn't clog my pores, give me break outs, or make my skin oily or flaky. It smells like roses too, so my hubby is always very happy when I wear it.^-^ In the summer time it's just fine on its own--- no extra moisturizer needed. I've also found that it just soaks in better when applied to damp skin, so I always mist my face with the oxytoner first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback! Smile

So cahoot, how do u find the cleanser in removing your light MMU then? Is it effective?

Manslayerliz, I'm wondering if it's necessary to use their oxy prep or can I just spray on their moisturizer after the cleanser? And then the Sun Protector? Thanks!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know the % of the zinc oxide? TIA!

manslayerliz wrote:
What a coincidence--- I just applied my Zenbiotic sun protect. I love this product SO much! It is the only sunscreen I've found that doesn't clog my pores, give me break outs, or make my skin oily or flaky. It smells like roses too, so my hubby is always very happy when I wear it.^-^ In the summer time it's just fine on its own--- no extra moisturizer needed. I've also found that it just soaks in better when applied to damp skin, so I always mist my face with the oxytoner first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue, I emailed Zenbiotic once and they said it's 10% Zinc Oxide. Smile So it's a PPD of around 5...
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
stardustdy
actually i don't use a toner (too lazy!) so i don't really know if any of the (various) cleansers i use remove all of my make-up or not...good thing i don't wear much make-up! Laughing
but if my skin feels clean and i get no break-outs, that particular cleanser will get a thumbs-up from me..and the zenbiotics one falls under this list. not very scientific sorry!! Very Happy
for example, i use shu eumura cleansing oil and broke out quite badly, so that little experiment ended quickly! i also broke out a bit when i used dhcc, but i've held on to the tube just in case....maybe one day i'll try it again...
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I've been using ZB for about a year now and love it. The sunscreen is good for oily or dry skin- I have normal skin that tends to be greasy in the summer and humidity and this works well for me. It supposedly corresponds to 30 SPF if that's any help. If I'm out in the sun for long I use Anthelios 50 over it.
I use the whole product line and the serums and find this works better than a mix&match approach.
The OxyToner is supposed to make the Phyto moisturizer and serums more easily absorbed. The cleanser is non-stripping and I even use it as an eye makeup remover - very gentle and doesn't sting. It removes anything I have on, but I do have to use it twice for heavier makeup or sunblock.
I like the Phyto moisturizer particulary because it's not greasy - more of a liquid. It sprays on like a toner if that gives you any idea what the consistency is.
Just an anecdotal aside: I've had an inflamed pore on my nose that just would never heal and a newer ditzl behind my ear from some surgery that bothered me. With ZB both are healing nicely. I haven't done anything differently besides using ZB + their Synergy serum.
If you have questions you can email Robert at ZB. The website is very informative.
I was a little miffed about their ProOxy product. The website rec using an applicator, but doesn't tell me what the applicator is or how to use it otherwise. I emailed Robert but he couldn't tell me anything about the applicator other than it would be "too difficult to tell me how to use it". I asked if I could just spray it on (it comes in a spray bottle, d'oh) and he said Sure. So not sure about that product - it seems to be Phyto moisturizer with glycerin, so maybe better for drier skin or in the winter.
What I like also is that I can fine tune the system for winter or different problems. They have a new collagen building serum too. The products have no fillers and no synthetic fragrance, just the active botanicals, like lavender or horsetail that have a slight fragrance but nothing overpowering.
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
ok ...so for those of u that has been using the Sun Protect for awhile, how effective is it in terms of sun protection? I just got it but haven't try it yet. It says Zinc on the bottle instead of Zinc Oxide like what it says on the site.... hhm is it a misprint? Confused
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Not a misprint. If you check some of the other ZB threads, Robert said it IS zinc oxide and corresponds to SPF 30-35. It seems to work for me for a daily SS just out&about. But for gardening or outside all day, I don't trust it and wear a higher SPF.
The thing I like is that it is "wearable", so I'm more inclined to put it on with my usual a.m. routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Nimue, I emailed Zenbiotic once and they said it's 10% Zinc Oxide. Smile So it's a PPD of around 5...

Hmmm, if it's just 10% zinc oxide I don't trust that it'll correspond to an spf of about 30. About 20% zinc oxide corresponds to an spf of 30... (Btw, I also don't trust that the Devita sunscreen corresponds to an spf of 30 like they say, since it's only 14% zinc oxide)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
the zenbiotic sunscreen is amazing, it will be a favorite to replace my devita ss.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |