Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
eye lash curler(which one)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Okay guys, give me your advice on the best eye lash curler. I have heard about hot lashes, eye curl II, and tarte. Can anyone tell me what they are using and what they recommend?
Toby
Jacqueline

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Shu Uemura makes a great one - it's of good quality and will last you awhile. Produces a good curl and never a crimp. Hope this helps!
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Jacqueline. The Shu Uemura is amazing and it lasts for a long time!
Mabsy

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
As far as the non-battery-operated curlers go, I have three: Shu, Shiseido and Tarte. Of those three the Shiseido is the winner for me, I reach for that one the most. Tarte and Shu are also very good IMO and I tend to switch between the three but Shiseido has the most suitable shape for my eye. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
i love my shiseido!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
another vote for Shu Uemura. Lasts forever.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
What about battery operated ones?
Toby
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Long ago I tried a battery operated one that was like a mascara wand. It heats up and you curl the lashes by stroking upwards as if applying mascara. It did absolutely nothing for my lashes, nothing like a traditional curler. And my lashes are long and hold a curl pretty well with a traditional curler. This is the only battery operated curler I've ever used.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I quite like the manual eyelash curler from Shiseido, but prefer Blinc Kiss Me heated eyelash curler.

You are supposed to start with the middle section of the eye lashes, holding the heated curler for a few seconds near the lash line while pushing backwards, doing the same at the middle of the lashes and at the tip. Then you repeat the steps on the outer and inner section of the lashes. This gives a nice curl.

I have found that the "hold and press" method gives better results than brushing the lashes upwards with the curler.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Panasonic, Models Inc and the Mirenesse (I think) heated curler. I find the Models Inc one easiest to use. The Panasonic obstructs your view so you can't really see what you're doing but it gives a nice curl if you can master it. I reach more for the traditional type curler than the heated one, which is probably something to do with the amount of effort involved. Also, be aware that heated curlers are used AFTER you apply mascara hence cannot be used with some mascaras (like the Blinc one I think).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
For the Shiseido eyelash curler, are you supposed to change the pads? Do they sell just the pads? I have one from long ago and thought I might give it another try.
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I've heard you can write to Shiseido to request a replacement pad. I understand that Shu does not offer replacements, they say if you've gone through two pads already, it's time to replace your curler. Shu is my fav curler but I've never used Shiseido. I have Kevyn Aucoin as well but I never used it -it was a gift with purchase- but I've heard it is almost identical to Shu. I think they're made in the same factory.
chicot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Shu.

I used Anna Sui as well, it is not bad, just not that fit my eye's shape. But I like it's apperence.
meg715
5% products discount

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shu Uemura. i never found the battery operated ones work for me. I get a better effect if i just use my blow dryer to warm it up. my stick straight lashes curl better Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used Shu U's for a long time but then I got an expensive one from sephora to keep in my travel bag and like it so much its all I use now. Its the Sephora Go Curl Eye Lash Curler. It looks cheap but works great.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
cuties wrote:
I've heard you can write to Shiseido to request a replacement pad. I understand that Shu does not offer replacements, they say if you've gone through two pads already, it's time to replace your curler. Shu is my fav curler but I've never used Shiseido. I have Kevyn Aucoin as well but I never used it -it was a gift with purchase- but I've heard it is almost identical to Shu. I think they're made in the same factory.

Sure looks like the Shu one is getting all the votes! Probably not worth replacing those pads on the Shiseido one anyway. Thanks!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, eye lash curlers should not really be necessary for most women if one uses the correct technique for applying mascara. I find that I get a nice and lasting curl when brushing the lashes from side to side near the lash line and upwards, rather than brushing in just one direction upwards the lashes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Shu for sure! Smile
Have used a Shu curler for several years....of course couldn't find the replacement pads that came with it so I just ordered a new one.
Love it.....curls perfectly!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
There is a great long thread started by Carekate on eyelash curlers: www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16275

I have the Tarte and love it but it's construction is not that durable - my side hinge loosened. I'm not the only one to have this problem unfortunately: www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150
I've been able to use a tweezer to "fix" my Tarte problem but next I will try Suqqu (Japanese). If you can't find the Suqqu locally, I do know that it is sold on Ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/Beauty-Japan_SUQQU_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ3451329QQftidZ2QQtZkm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
The Ardell heated one works well.

Curl and hold for 20 seconds, then apply waterproof mascara. Curl will last till mascara is removed.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I also loved the Ardell one. I gave up curling lashes because I stopped wearing eye make-up, and passed it on to my sceptical 19 year-old niece, who is already a lash-curler veteran. She was so impressed I got a text from her.

The non-heated ones never worked half as well for me (or her)

LL
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I have long lashes and always curl them when I wear mascara. It just nevers looks as good if I don't curl. It does really help to heat the curler too but I don't bother heating my Shu with the hair dryer anymore because I'm lazy. Never tried a heated one, but if I do I'll look into Ardell. Thanks.
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
cuties wrote:

I think they do sell the pads at the Shiseido counter. At least in Canada they do. Just ask them.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
In addition to the Suqqu that looks like a potential future purchase for me, I saw an eyelash curler at Sephora that looks interesting:

Shu Uemura Mini Eyelash Curler $17 www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P205309&categoryId=B70
The mini curler's unique smaller head allows you to accentuate even the smallest lashes, especially those on the inner and outer corners of the eyes for an elegant expression.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
vote for shiseido

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |