Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any good natural skincare products for over 50 skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone 50 or over use any good natural skincare products that help with firming and anti-aging?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I know that JoElla who sells Karin Herzog products and other products just sent an email about a great new organic, natural line that she thought was fabulous. It hasn't posted yet on the site but will be soon. I am 50 and will be looking at this.

You can find by googling. She has great products overall.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
ww.gardenofwisdom.com sells some anti-ageing serums and treatments and they have a good and active forum for you to ask questions and discuss issues.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Just started using Remergent brand DNA repair and Barrier Cream. I also use SkinCeuticals C & E and Renova a few nights a week.

After trying many, many brands I am loving Remergent. Took away my cheek fine lines in one week which I am so happy about.

You can also pick up The New Science of Perfect Skin by Daniel Yarosh, Ph.D.- tons of good information in this book. I also like Leslie Baumman's Skin Type Solution Book that helps you determine your skin type.

good luck.
Zi*Li
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
During the age of one's 50s, your DNA repair is low, unlike when your in your 20s. Such things such as collagen breakdown will start to occur and results in wrinkles. In addition, your antioxidant reservoir decreases by 30% so damages caused by the sun (increases wrinkles)cannot be repaired. So, in this sense you should concentrate on helping your skin with proper DNA repair and also use preventative measures to stop more wrinkles from developing. I think you might like multi-tasking creams such as the ones mentioned by platinumrose. Remergent DNA Repair, and Barrier Cream as well as the Remergent Antioxidant Refoliator Post Peel Balm will definitely suit your needs in every aspect. And if you don't mind the prices, SkinCeutical and cellex-C also have AWESOME products as well! I'm sure there are other great products too, just make sure in their ingredients, there's both vitamin C&E since one works in the hydrophilic layer of ur skin and the other works in the hydrophobic layer. Oh, and make sure, they come close to the top of the ingredient layer, like the top half or else, it's useless. You should also try microdermabrasion by NaturDerm's Epidermix or the Neutrogena one in the drugstore that comes with its own little machine (I use this one and love it!!! Very Happy) The Remergent Post Peel Balm is especially good to use after your microdermabrasion bc it replenishes the natural antioxidants that you lose afterwards. Oh and it's sooooooooo very important to wear sunscreen!!! Embarassed If you don't, no matter what you use on your face, the results will only be reversed. Really good sunscreens are Remergent High Intensity Sunscreen SPF 30+ (extremely expensive), Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection (has some antioxidants too) or cellex-C suncare SPF 30. I mean any sunscreen is pretty good but just make sure it has both chemical and physical blockers. Hope all of this helps! I know it sounds all so basic but if you keep up with the regime, I think you'll have RADIANT skin! Good luck! Very Happy
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I’ve been trying out a few of the Kimberly Sayer products that EDS carries, and rather like them.

I particularly like the Hydrating Anti-oxidant Facial Mask.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kimberly-sayer-hydrating-p_8797.htm

It’s recommended for dry, mature skins, but I’m more on the oily side and still find it OK to use. I leave it on overnight or sometimes during the day. It seems to have a slight firming/tightening effect and perhaps some “brightening” of the skin, to my eye anyway. I just ordered a second jar, while EDS had the 25% off natural lines. The normal pricing is quite reasonable too I think.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Just started using Remergent brand DNA repair and Barrier Cream. I also use SkinCeuticals C & E and Renova a few nights a week.

After trying many, many brands I am loving Remergent. Took away my cheek fine lines in one week which I am so happy about.

You can also pick up The New Science of Perfect Skin by Daniel Yarosh, Ph.D.- tons of good information in this book. I also like Leslie Baumman's Skin Type Solution Book that helps you determine your skin type.

good luck.

Platinum,
I thought the rolling was what you attibuted to getting those wrinkles? Do you feel it's the products from Remergent now?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Roll roll roll...I think its about as natural as you can get and has potentially phenomenal benefits.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
bixa525 wrote:
Does anyone 50 or over use any good natural skincare products that help with firming and anti-aging?

I am over 40 and tried Jurlique as a natural skincare product. I stopped it as I think it is a much better product for a more mature skin. The products are quite lovely, but were too rich for my skin. Also I have a combination skin. I am now trying Karin Herzog as well as using some Kate Somerville and phytomer. These are excellent and seem to be controlling the oiliness as well as preventing dehydration. (early days yet for KH - fingers crossed)
SeaBella

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I am over 50 and I am using Natural Collagen Platinum for face and neck and Colvita it is
Nutricosmetic in capsules which works from inside of the body.
My skin is moist, toned and wrinkles disappeared. I love these products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |