Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

in my 20's and need to start using eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 23 and have been noticing faint fine lines creeping up Sad
I need to start using eye creams but am clueless
What are some good eye creams out there for my age?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I the Cellcosmet Eye contour and the Kanebo Sensai Cellular performance creams. I prefer creams over gels as they provide more moisture for the skin. Also you can try adding a little vitamin C to the eye area as well. The difficulty of anti aging eye care is that many of the good actives you can use on the skin are not in eye products, or not used in sufficient quantities.
Ocean14
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm 23 and have been noticing faint fine lines creeping up
I need to start using eye creams but am clueless
What are some good eye creams out there for my age?

Hi I'm early twenties as well. IMO you don't need eye creams at all, and almost every derm will tell you that eye creams are exactly the same as products for the face only watered down somewhat and in smaller containers. All you really need to do is just apply a small amount of whatever you use on your face under your eyes.

Best way to get rid of lines is a retinoid/retinol. Best ingredient for dark circles would be ingredients like vitamin K, kojic acid, vitamin C etc. Products that have silicones in them moisturize the skin and "fill in" lines around the eyes.

If you feel you need an eye cream, the ones I like are...

LRP Active C Eyes
Olay Definity Eye Illuminator
Relastin Eye Silk
Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Ocean14, you have used the Relastin Eye silk, would love to read a review on this product if you have time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Ocean14 wrote:

IMO you don't need eye creams at all, and almost every derm will tell you that eye creams are exactly the same as products for the face only watered down somewhat and in smaller containers. All you really need to do is just apply a small amount of whatever you use on your face under your eyes.

Definitely. I believe a good antioxidant serum with vitamins A, C and E will be a good choice for younger women in order to prevent future damage around the eyes. It's always easier to prevent lines from forming than erasing them when they have appeared.

You can check out the multivitamin serums from MD Skin care, Dermalogica or Kate Somerville. The face serums contain most likely stronger concentrations of active ingredients than most eye creams. They are also more cost effective alternatives to the smaller tubes of eye creams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah... I do concur that most products specifically marketed towards eyes are marketing scams. That said, I am still a pretty big fan of the 100% pure eye cream Smile. It helps that it's not as expensive as most other eye creams, I think the price is really reasonable and it is a very good product.

Septembergirl wrote:
Ocean14 wrote:

IMO you don't need eye creams at all, and almost every derm will tell you that eye creams are exactly the same as products for the face only watered down somewhat and in smaller containers. All you really need to do is just apply a small amount of whatever you use on your face under your eyes.

Definitely. I believe a good antioxidant serum with vitamins A, C and E will be a good choice for younger women in order to prevent future damage around the eyes. It's always easier to prevent lines from forming than erasing them when they have appeared.

You can check out the multivitamin serums from MD Skin care, Dermalogica or Kate Somerville. The face serums contain most likely stronger concentrations of active ingredients than most eye creams. They are also more cost effective alternatives to the smaller tubes of eye creams.
babyb
5% products discount

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena makes a very nice and reasonably priced eye cream that targets those fine lines. You can find it at most drug stores, which makes it nice, too. It is LIGHT and easy to put concealer over if you need to.
Mabsy

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm giving the 100% Pure eye cream a second vote as well. What I suggest is that you also make sure that you use sunblock and maybe incorporate a vit C serum too at this stage to prevent damage. Prevention is better than cure Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Ocean14, you have used the Relastin Eye silk, would love to read a review on this product if you have time.

Hey Bushy,

I've only used the Relastin a couple of times bc my roommate let me borrow it, but from what I could tell it was VERY nice and I do actually believe it can have an effect on elastin around the eye area. I didn't notice it when it was on (which I liked) and their was no shine or anything. I wish I could tell you whether or not it had any effects like firming or not, but I didn't use it regularly, all I know is that I liked the formula.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Definitely. I forgot to mention, I only use this at night. For the day, I wear a sunscreen. Thing is, even though I like this, I don't use this every night. Sometimes I don't use anything at night, sometimes I use something else, sometimes I just use castor oil and that's it. This is just the only product I purchase that is specifically for the eyes.

Mabsy wrote:
I'm giving the 100% Pure eye cream a second vote as well. What I suggest is that you also make sure that you use sunblock and maybe incorporate a vit C serum too at this stage to prevent damage. Prevention is better than cure Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
BCGirl - IMO you don't need a special eye cream. You can just what ever moisturizer you use for you face. The exception would be if you eye area is significantly dryer then the rest of your face. Eye creams in general don't prevent wrinkles, moisturizer can less the appear of wrinkles but don't make them go away.

I think you would be better off investing in a c serum or antioxidant serum and don't forget to put sunscreen in your eye area daily also. Neutrogena and Clarins both make eye creams w/ stable SPF. I have used both for the SS but they are not moisturizing. But again you really need a special eye SS, I just use what ever I'm using on my face.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bushy,
do you find Relastin Eye silk attractive?
from the ingredients list here we have 3 silicones at the top of the list and then Zinc, mica (for reflecting light, not? Confused ) and Titanium...
why might you be interested in it? is it worth 69 USD? Confused

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Citrate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
oh, and I used LRP Active C Eye cream, did not like it and ended up using it on my chest. It contains 5% vit.C and was totally useless for fine lines. I doubt also it will be helpful for preventing those. I would suggest a mild vit.C serum instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Hi Bushy,
from the ingredients list here we have 3 silicones at the top of the list and then Zinc, mica (for reflecting light, not? Confused ) and Titanium...

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Citrate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

I wouldn't buy it without seeing some positive reviews on it but it is the only product I have seen that is based around zinc citrate and I just wondered what that would be like.
I don't have a problem with high quality silicones, particularly Cyclopentasiloxane as it dissipates entirely. I had never been a fan of dimethicone but I recently tried some samples of both eye and face creams that had these silicones in them and found that with the day cream, because I massaged it a lot until the silicone feeling had gone, after a couple days of use, a few blackheads that I had just popped out. I am now wondering if this is a good side effect of some silicones?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Aiva wrote:
Hi Bushy,

Ingredients:

I wouldn't buy it without seeing some positive reviews on it but it is the only product I have seen that is based around zinc citrate and I just wondered what that would be like.
I don't have a problem with high quality silicones, particularly Cyclopentasiloxane as it dissipates entirely. I had never been a fan of dimethicone but I recently tried some samples of both eye and face creams that had these silicones in them and found that with the day cream, because I massaged it a lot until the silicone feeling had gone, after a couple days of use, a few blackheads that I had just popped out. I am now wondering if this is a good side effect of some silicones?

hmm... it seems I should do a search on zinc citrate now and what benefits it`s supposed to give.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I have also been interested in the Relastin eye cream and face creams because they are recommended by the "skin care guru" Dr Leslie Baumann, and the Relastin Eye Silk was awarded "Best eye cream" by Allure Magazine.

Relastin Eye Silk got an average of 3.5 of 5 stars from 24 reviewers on Skinstore.com. It seems like people either love or hate it.

http://www.skinstore.com/search/Search.aspx?ReviewID=6844

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
PSF's eye creams are really nice. I especially recommend the Hydrating one.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |