Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Omnilux Light Therapy, mentioned in NewBeauty Magazine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, this new LED light was mentioned in the new NewBeauty magazine. It is FDA approved .
Has anyone used this? I have soooo many gadgets, not sure if this is any better than the quasar, ect. (or different for that matter).
It is available atwww.spalook.com Very Happy
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
633nm +- 6nm

830nm +- 5nm

I can not find the number of LEDS and joul/cm(2). It has LED & IR settings, suggested to do alternate treatment 2x/week.
www.spalook.com has a 15% dicount code: spa15, good until 07/31/08.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis, hi, in your opinion is this the same as the Baby Quasar, or would be a good addition to use as well. (I have many of these gadgets, but confused with the technology of them, lol!)
Thank-you for your time. Very Happy
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lipglossdoll - Read about the new omnilux handheld device. There are no amber lights either, just red and infrared. I had a handheld
red and infrared device and it helped but saw drastic improvement in cheek plumping and diminishing of wrinkles witht the AA lightstim which has amber lights. As mentioned previoulsy, don't know what the joules are either. Attended a "skin" workshop lately and the MD had a large Omnilux. She said the amber lights helped the collagen synthesis and the red/infrared were more for skin redness and evening skin tone. Anyway - don't know how true that is but many people have seen a difference when amber lights have been added.
good luck - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Attended a "skin" workshop lately and the MD had a large Omnilux. She said the amber lights helped the collagen synthesis and the red/infrared were more for skin redness and evening skin tone. Anyway - don't know how true that is but many people have seen a difference when amber lights have been added.
good luck - DiPhx

Seems as though everything I have heard has been just the opposite. Red was more for collagen and amber more for skin pigmentation and fine lines????Wonder what is true?
Toby
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
DiPhx wrote:
Attended a "skin" workshop lately and the MD had a large Omnilux. She said the amber lights helped the collagen synthesis and the red/infrared were more for skin redness and evening skin tone. Anyway - don't know how true that is but many people have seen a difference when amber lights have been added.
good luck - DiPhx

Seems as though everything I have heard has been just the opposite. Red was more for collagen and amber more for skin pigmentation and fine lines????Wonder what is true?
Toby

That's why it's probably not worth wasting too much time on what you hear.

As for trying to figure out what's true, that's the easy part, just look in the mirror. A quality light, that has been used for a while, should tell you all you need to know.

I totally agree with DiPhx though, that the amber lights make for a "drastic" difference.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Red/Infrared LED

Recommended for aging, acne, inflammatory/ irritated conditions and post –surgical healing. Red/infrared light stimulates fibroblasts, produces collagen and improves elasticity.

Amber LED

Recommended for skin types that have fine lines/wrinkles, superficial pigmentation, uneven skin tone and texture due to sun damage and environmental influences.

Blue LED

Used to minimize acne/rosacea conditions for the face, neck, back, or anywhere on the body.

http://www.lashesandmore.com/led.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
And here's another Aesthetician's view;

Red Light : Penetrates deeply into skin tissue. It stimulates gradual healing by increasing blood circulation and lymphatic activity. Improve uptake of nutrients at a cellular level.

Blue Light : has proven very effective against more difficult acne prone skin cases, and instances where an ongoing acne treatments appears to have stalled. In clinical studies, blue light has been shown to generate singlet oxygen which attacks the bacteria that cause acne. More than 86% of study participants experienced a 74% acne reduction.

Amber Light : It has been shown to produce collagen and elastin, which restores the youthful appearance of younger skin, promotes wound healing and boosts cellular activity.

http://www.amberskin.com/rejuvenation.html

The only thing I've ever noticed everybody in agreement on, is that a combination of wavelengths work synergistically, giving the best result. (PubMed has a few studies on this.)

I think it's awesome that there are so many devices at our disposal for skin rejuvination. Hopefully we'll hear some good reviews for the Omnilux soon.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi lipgloss doll - another thought - the original handheld LED devices came out with red/infrared LED's only; however, many of the newer ones coming out now have amber added to the red/infrared. I can only tell you from experience the amber lights added have made a big difference in diminishing my lines in 4 months and the original red/infrared device I had for 18 months did not do what the AAlightstim has done in 4 months. Everyone's skin is different but more folks seem to be purchasing an LED with all 3 wavelengths. Maybe that will helpyou when making your decision - Thx DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I already have the quasar (upgraded to the professional one),I have the Lightstim as well, have no idea why I want OR need another device, lol!
Seriously, every time a new gadget comes out I seem to need it!
Am currently looking at the amber pro-light as well! Smile
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my Omnilux New-U and I really like it so far (2 weeks of use). It has a wide treatment area and it is lightweight so it has been easy to use. With the offer from Spalook (50$ off) it was a good deal for me to try my first gadget. I am looking to get an amber light also, but I have not had time to research it. I'm looking to refine my nl lines so that I don't have to do more Juviderm there.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Nikossmile wrote:
I just got my Omnilux New-U and I really like it so far (2 weeks of use). It has a wide treatment area and it is lightweight so it has been easy to use. With the offer from Spalook (50$ off) it was a good deal for me to try my first gadget. I am looking to get an amber light also, but I have not had time to research it. I'm looking to refine my nl lines so that I don't have to do more Juviderm there.

Nikossmile:

It's been another 2 weeks and how did Omkilux New-U go? Did it help your crowfeet as it claimed.

MAC

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't the Omnilux New-U the one that looks just like the Perricone one?

If so, I just posted the specs for the Perricone model on the How to Choose an LED thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
grrrrrrrrrrrr...I told myself not to read this thread cuz it'd only cause another lemming....must..stop..now... Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I called Spalook this morning to ask Omnilux New-U's treatment protocol. Guess what I got?? Day 1, IR light for 20 min.

MAC: Is 20 min for both eye area or just one side?

Are you ready for the answer??

SP: 20 min for 1 area.
MAC: What's 1 area? Do you mean 1 spot?
SP: Yes, 1 area is what the lense can cover.
MAC: if I can use the unit on my whole face
SP: yes.
MAC: 20 min/spot, if I want to treat my whole face then it's going to take more than 1 hour.
SP: That's why the head is so big.
MAC: Ok, forehead, righ side of the face, left side of the face, right eye area, left eye area, mouth + chin - that's 6 areas. 20min/area, so I need 2 hours to treat my face. Day 3, I need to repeat for Red light.
SP: It's your choice.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Is this for real?? Who has 2 hours for 1 treatment and 2 treatments/week?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Red/Infrared LED

Recommended for aging, acne, inflammatory/ irritated conditions and post –surgical healing. Red/infrared light stimulates fibroblasts, produces collagen and improves elasticity.

Amber LED

Recommended for skin types that have fine lines/wrinkles, superficial pigmentation, uneven skin tone and texture due to sun damage and environmental influences.

This is what I've generally thought the differences were. amber light more for those of us with fine wrinkling and pigmentation.

Red for collagen building and elasticity (those with more sag than wrinkles) this is what Prolight site basically says!
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for my late reply, we just moved.
I actually wasn't expecting such good results with the Omnilux so fast. My husband actually said that my skin looked great and he rarely says anything (not his personality). I bought this to help smooth out an uneven texture from my childhood spent in Florida without sunscreen. I don't have crows feet-its my nl lines that bother me. I think that they look better, I'm not planning on more Juviderm anytime soon.
The treatment time would be a pain but I only do what I have time for. I usually do it when I'm vegging out or barely watching TV. It is very lightweight so using it doesn't bother me. I haven't timed myself so I doubt I have ever used it for the rec 20min per area.
I am now a believer in gadgets and I can't wait for some free time to read thru the War and Peace thread on choosing an LED re amber light.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
*****Bump*****

Doesn't anybody have this LED yet? I'm hearing great things about this light from testers, but it's not published anywhere yet.. Sad

Supposedly the 'flush' mounted diodes are a very good thing..

KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
What is the name of this light named in New Beauty magazine?? I looked on SpaLook and could not locate it.
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I found the device on SpaLook and it does look just like Dr. Perricones one that I had and I thought was a complete waste of money. I now have the Professional Quasar which is considerably more expensive but you pay for what you get in my opinion
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
In my experience the ominilux products made by phototheraputics work really well, in fact I have most of the LED products and I would honestly say this products is the most effective for reducing fine lines and wrinkles.

If you are interested I can give a more scientific reply - but just for information the two wavelengths - red and infra red - activate different cells to combat aging and stimulate the production of collagen. Phototheraputics state that the two wavelenghts are counter productive when used at the same time. The protocol is you start with two red treatments two days apart and follow with infra red.

The leds used in these products are the same ones used in the salon units which retail at 20,000 pounds uk.

The device is the same product at the Dr Pericone device.

I use this protocol:

Cleanse
Glycolic product 15 mins
Red light
Derma roll 0.5 lightly
Vit C treatment
Emu oil over the top

Repeat with infra red in the second week.

I tend to let my skin rest for about 4 weeks without anything - to give the body a chance to replace the collagen.

Good luck.

PQ.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been hearing so many good things about this LED in the last 6 months, and I've been itching to give it a try... As luck would have it, I put in a bid on ebay, and lo and behold got a brand new one for $125., including all the pre + post treatment topicals.. ($299. on the Omnilux site.)

I'm pretty impressed by the studies I read, and look forward to giving it a try.. For those interested in the research, here's a few of interest;

http://www.phototherapeutics.co.uk/downloads/QAMisc2370%20%20Key%20Role%20Of%20The%20Mast%20Cell%20Laser%20Therapy%2017%203%20141-148%202008.pdf

http://www.trueadvance.com/files/documents/REDLED.pdf

http://www.phototherapeutics.co.uk/index.asp?sectionID=2

I'll do a review with pictures after I've used it for 8 weeks or so.. Wish me luck!

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
That's funny - because I've been spending my morning researching this device - we're obviously on the same (LED) wavelength!

But seriously, I was looking at this because on the DermaWave website it says that infrared does nothing for skin-aging, it is only for wound healing. Nanci from NCN mentions this in her latest newsletter. However, I can't believe that Omnilux - one of the leaders in this type of technology, would be using a wavelength that was of no use to anti-aging.

I'll be very interested to see how it compares to the AALS. What's your treatment protocol? Because I remember reading somewhere that it was quite a long procedure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have a better understanding of it when I get it.. From what I could decipher on the Omnilux website you use the 633nm on certain days, and use the 830nm on the other days.. I believe it's 2 treatments per week, and the treatment is for 20 minutes per area.. (One of the studies I posted above elaborates on this in technical jargon.)

BTW, 830nm is technically "near infrared".

Have a look at the two pdf links above.. Very interesting and easy to understand..

The latest research I'm hearing now is Omnilux is finding promising results with amber (595nm range) for collagen synthesis...(They're a bit late to the game with that though.. Laughing ) I wouldn't be a bit surprised if another handheld incorporating that is on the horizon..

I'm very anxious to see if using one wavelength at a time gives even better results than what I've experienced with multi wavelengths simultaneously.. (Oh, and don't worry about the "interference" everybody seems so hung up on these days. Get in touch with Steve, who will explain how the LS design fits the criteria that makes it work. And no easy task I might add, as it took 2 engineers 5 years to get it just right.) Ever notice how the design and diode configuration is totally different than every other handhelds "ducks in a row" design? It seems it wasn't by accident!

Anyhoo, that's enough spec talk for me.. Rolling Eyes It gives me a headache..

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |