Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Omnilux Light Therapy, mentioned in NewBeauty Magazine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
For me that is driven by my bank account - my salon owner tend to fit me in about every 2 months for a top up.

It is totally cost driven from my point of view.

PQ Philip

Totally understand! Thanks, Philip.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Rileygirl, I get the drainage sensation, I can feel it down beneath my cheeks, and either side of my throat. Feels like something moving.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, trigger. How odd. I never get this feeling, even doing the manual lymphatic drainage.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
[

They cost £60 for 20 mins - the course is three red treatments - with one day in between. So I would do a week - Monday Wednesday Friday and they discount the three to £120.00 as package.

Philip

So just 3 'red' treatments.. I'm curious to why no 'IR'?

I loved the bits you shared about your partner. I do believe he is one lucky guy... Wink Congrats on the 28 years!

Bless you Kassy - Very Happy

The salon only has two Ominlux heads the red and blue - the owner can't afford the IR one.

I top up my IR after the red with my own mini Omnilux.

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Have you all considered 525 nm green light to treat hyperpigmentation?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just read the 10 pg Omnilux study again, and I'm bugged by something, and wonder why the directions for home use are different.

Here's the treatment protocol used in the study;

Treatment

All subjects received a total of 9 light therapy treatments over a 5-week period. Subjects were irradiated with the 830-nm light source for 20 minutes (55 mW/[cm.sup.2], 66 J/[cm.sup.2]) on days 1, 3, 5, 15, 22, and 29. The 633-nm irradiations (105 mW/[cm.sup.2], 126 J/[cm.sup.2]), also of 20 minutes duration, were performed on days 8, 10, and 12. The light source was positioned approximately 1 cm from the subjects' faces (nose tip) for the duration of all treatments. Protective eyewear was positioned for all treatments.

Why do you suppose the at home treatments are to alternate with each treatment, rather than what the study proved successful?

Just to review the at home directions; Day 1 IR, Day 3 Red, Day 8 IR, Day 10 Red, Day 15 IR, Day 17 Red, Day 22 IR, Day 24 Red.

Thoughts.. Idea
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 am      Reply with quote
My only thoughts are: to make it less complicated for the home user. I can't see how being irradiated on specific days with different wavelengths would make any difference to treatment results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Do you think it is a good time for you to write up an interim report/evaluation of Omnilux?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Kassy,

Do you think it is a good time for you to write up an interim report/evaluation of Omnilux?

I've only used it 5 times, and haven't anything positive to report yet..

I've got my fingers crossed though..
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I think it's a great device. I'm getting great relief with muscular pain! It really helped inflammation after a root canal!

On the skin front, it feels really great, seems to be less irritated from my retin A, and slight lessening of a little parenthesis line I have around the corner of one side of my mouth. My skin colour is improving as well, but I'm also using CP's retin A and other goodies.

I like it, but it sure does take up a lot of time, so that needs to be kept in mind. Of course the treatments can be done *when* you have the time, say on days off etc. I'm sure if you even did a schedule Red on Saturdays I/R on Sundays you would accumulate results. I don't think it's essential to always do day 1, day3, day 5 etc

I think the quality of the lights seems spectacular, and I've had no problems with it. I love the heat from the Red for my neck and shoulders. I believe I'll see some nice results from the OL.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ya know trigger, I have been using it for my headaches (the back of my neck that connectes to the base of my skull) and for my knots in my traps and shoulders. Although I am still fighting that this is, in-fact, what is helping me release them. I keep going back to my IR and putting it on the sore muscle when massaging and a muscle cream doesn't help!

As for my light; I can notice more change with my blue light vs my red/IR light. Everytime I feel a pimple coming up or sensitive, I put the light on that area for 5 minutes and zap, it is gone the next morning! I am a believer!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Miss Tina. It's a testament to the quality of the lights, how well it helps with muscular inflammation and spasms. I keep using it for that too.

I did another red face treatment yesterday, and my skin is softer and smoother than it's ever been. I'm a believer too!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
*UPDATE*

- I did 7 of the 9 recommended treatments exactly the way instructions dictate.

- It takes more than 3 hours each time to fully treat face + under jaw. (I can't afford the time required to include the neck, and only included it on seperate days twice.)

- I have not used AALS for more than 6 weeks, but have continued with Sm. Face Vaculifter once or twice per week.

- Sorry to tell you, but I have not seen any benefit at all so far.

- Unfortunately, my fairly firm jawline + neck is now on the mushy side again, (much like it was a year or so ago.) My NL area from nose to chin is also more pronounced. I've also had to use oils a little more than usual to combat the dryness I'm experiencing.

The treatment protocol for ONU is for 9 treatments over 4 weeks and then maintenance. It also states that the best results are seen around the 9 week mark. (I know that to be true because that's about how long it takes for new collagen, 2 skin cycles.)

Please keep in mind that I do believe it's my age that is just catching up with me (59), and the natural deterioration of collagen + elastin is winning the race. Also in my experience, the amber + orange wavelengths seem to be what I respond to the best.

I believe this LED would be very beneficial to folks who are younger than 50, and have 3 hour blocks of time to spare a night or two per week.

I also feel that it in no way whatsoever compares with the quality or results of either of my LightStim LED's. It does compare to my OLS (red/infrared) for treatment of pain.

I'll continue with the "O" for a full 8 weeks, with once a week maintenance after the 9th treatment.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Thx for your update; you are pushing me a step further towards AALS.

That said, I need to see more studies on the effect of IR on skin.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Kassy,

I think you are smart to wait/research more regarding the IR before jumping in also, but honestly, I don't believe we have anything to worry about. (I believe that if it were detrimental to our skin, I would have found that out with 2 years of fairly aggressive + committed use with the 855nm wavelength.) I believe Quasar and ProLight have higher than that, so perhaps someone will chime in with those thoughts for you.

If on the outside chance something negative regarding the IR wavelength in our at home LED's is proved, then you still have the option to purchase the Omnilux or another device, that would allow you to avoid the IR if you choose to.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Kassy,

Hi Summer, I too had a major 'bug' about the IR part of LEDs. But the only study I read that mentioned a possible problem with IR also said any negative effect from IR would be negated by a constituent of green tea. Kassy has posted a green tea mask to use with LED's or others have mentioned just spritzing brewed green tea onto the face before using their LED.
I'm going to order an AALS today based on the amount of positive raves I've read about it. Very Happy
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy & Miranda,

FYI, I have sent a mail to the researchers of the following 2 studies to seek academic advice of the long term effects of IR on skin.

If I get the reply from them, I'll post it on the forum.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35559

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35494

ETA: if I don't receive any reply, I may give AALS a giant leap of faith! Very Happy

My wish is that AALS can lessen the furrow running from my nose to mouth (it is a big fold & worse than a typical NL fold)
Crying or Very sad
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

My wish is that AALS can lessen the furrow running from my nose to mouth (it is a big fold & worse than a typical NL fold)
Crying or Very sad

My NL ditch (and deepening parentheses lines round corners of mouth) is the sole reason for my AALS (and indeed other devices) purchase. Good luck with yours!
Now, I just wish I could get my hands on an AALS device! There's been a change in UK distributor with nothing coming in for at least 6 months (and still no sign of anything coming in ). Sad

M
ps Sorry for AALS post on Omnilux thread.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
The furrow creates a bulge in the center of my cheek, while my under eye is quite hollow. My condition is exactly same as that of Kay (the lady in the Before & After Picture of Flex Effect).
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004, I'm almost there, too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
There's been a change in UK distributor with nothing coming in for at least 6 months (and still no sign of anything coming in ). Sad

Why don't you purchase from the US Lightstim site. I'm in Australia and that's what I did, their service is excellent. There might be a discount code going too.

I found this piece of info on the New Beauty website:

From skin cancer treatment to spa favorite
Posted Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Paterson Lamp was developed in the mid-1980s as the first light-based treatment for non-melanoma skin cancers. After about 10 years of treating basal cell carcinoma with a 93-percent success rate, scientists at Photo Therapeutics and the medical arm of the company Omnilux noticed a positive side-effect of the Paterson Lamp: significantly smoother, rejuvenated skin around the treated areas.

Today, this proprietary combination of LED technologies is known in the beauty industry as Lumiere Light Therapie, and you can find it at a spa near you. Visit pathwaytobeauty.com to find one.

As far as using the Omnilux is concerned - even I, dedicated gadget queen that I am, would have a hard time spending 3 hours on a treatment. It's too long. They should have produced a panel device like the DPL. It would be more expensive, of course, but it would be worth it in terms of treatment time - then it would only be 20 mins.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:
There's been a change in UK distributor with nothing coming in for at least 6 months (and still no sign of anything coming in ). Sad

Why don't you purchase from the US Lightstim site. I'm in Australia and that's what I did, their service is excellent. There might be a discount code going too.

Hi Keliu - we've got to stop meeting like this!!
The UK site say they hope to get delivery in the next two weeks but it'll probably be much longer.
The US lightstim site is $100 more expensive than the UK site. Am talking to Steve from LightStim to see if I can reduce the difference though.
Don't you just hate it when once you've made a highly-researched informed decision to buy something...you can't get hold of the damn thing (fast!!). Rolling Eyes

Again apologies...promise this is last time I post on the Omnilux thread.
txgirl
5% products discount

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
edited to keep post on topic - pm'd instead
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just a generalized FYI for the 55(ish) and over group. There isn't an LED in all the world that will get rid of the NL through marionette bulge, which is a direct result of the fat descending downward in the face, from a compromised collagen + elastic network.

You can expect a bit of firming as new collagen kicks in in 6 to 8 weeks, but keep in mind that the aging process continues with a vengeance, and is especially ruthless post menopause.

Have realistic expectations for the following skin improvements, and then you will happily enjoy LED treatments;

- much nicer looking skin, with a softness you never enjoyed before and very even toned skin

- tighter looking pores

- reduction of hyperpigmentation, melasma, freckles, age spots + the dreaded chicken skin that resides on neck and chest. (The worse you have going in, the longer the improvements take.. Keep in mind it took a lifetime to get to the point you are now.)

- tighter more toned skin everywhere you use it, including tops of hands. Collagen takes at least one skin cycle (6 wks)to rejuvenate, so look for these improvements about the 2 month mark. (This is very individual, and will vary depending on age, skin condition, how you prepare your skin for treatment and how much sag you have to begin with. For a severely compromised elastic network, an LED won't rectify that at all.

- great improvement in fine lines and shallow wrinkles, especially crows feet (in my experience anyhoo)

Prevention is better than cure, so always keep that in mind, and be realistic with your expectations. An LED is a very nice addition to a total skin smart regime, but it is NOT a magic wand, and would never give the same result as a surgical procedure or fillers. It can certainly help you postpone those options though, if you are committed and use it regularly.

summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
......There isn't an LED in all the world that will get rid of the NL through marionette bulge, which is a direct result of the fat descending downward in the face, from a compromised collagen + elastic network......

Hi Kassy,

Besides Botox and filler, any way to lessen the marionette bulge?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |