Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Omnilux Light Therapy, mentioned in NewBeauty Magazine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:05 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

Hi Kassy,

Besides Botox and filler, any way to lessen the marionette bulge?

Not Kassy, .....but the marionette bulges are the biggest thing that I hate, hate, hate about my face. I've tried fillers, but I think they made them look worse. Bethany says she made a huge improvement to hers by doing the Ageless if you Dare exercises - but she's allot younger than me. I gave them a half-hearted try, so didn't see any improvement. I'd love to find a miracle cure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
If we are all talking about the same *bulge* it's caused by fat that has descended, which can't be helped with facial exercise.. Muscle maybe, but fat is there to stay unless it's removed through surgical means.

There is a procedure called "30 Minute Accu Lift", which I saw on the internet and also on my local news, and it targets just this bulge, as well as the dreaded jowls...

Under local anesthetic, a 1440nm laser liquifies this fat, which is then removed and can be transfered back where it came from (the cheeks!).. The heat from the laser then supposedly tightens the skin, so it's a bit of a double whammy.

I think the cost was about $3000 USD when I saw it about 5 months ago on the news..

Other than removing the fat, I guess the only other option is to camophlage the bulge.. Or there's always the facelift alternative.. Shock

So far I'm holding my own without ever having had anything done, but it's getting harder, as each day seems to bring a new issue.. sigh! Can't wait to see what the big 6 OH has in store me.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
If we are all talking about the same *bulge* it's caused by fat that has descended, which can't be helped with facial exercise.. Muscle maybe, but fat is there to stay unless it's removed through surgical means.

There is a procedure called "30 Minute Accu Lift", which I saw on the internet and also on my local news, and it targets just this bulge, as well as the dreaded jowls...

Under local anesthetic, a 1440nm laser liquifies this fat, which is then removed and can be transfered back where it came from (the cheeks!).. The heat from the laser then supposedly tightens the skin, so it's a bit of a double whammy.

I think the cost was about $3000 USD when I saw it about 5 months ago on the news..

Other than removing the fat, I guess the only other option is to camophlage the bulge.. Or there's always the facelift alternative.. Shock

So far I'm holding my own without ever having had anything done, but it's getting harder, as each day seems to bring a new issue.. sigh! Can't wait to see what the big 6 OH has in store me.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know what it has in store for you but it was "H*ll on wheels for me".

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
As well as my marionette bulges, I'm still obsessing about my cheeks (or lack thereof). Sounds like I need the procedure Kassy has mentioned.

As well as all of that, I'm really starting to see the beginnings of a prune face around my mouth. Oh well!!! I just think, thank goodness I'm soon turning 60 and not 70 - I'm hoping dementia will have set in by then and I won't give a stuff!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
As well as my marionette bulges, I'm still obsessing about my cheeks (or lack thereof). Sounds like I need the procedure Kassy has mentioned.

As well as all of that, I'm really starting to see the beginnings of a prune face around my mouth. Oh well!!! I just think, thank goodness I'm soon turning 60 and not 70 - I'm hoping dementia will have set in by then and I won't give a stuff!! Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Did the 9 recommended treatments, and an extra treatment week.. Here's my thoughts/experience;

- Hate the 3 hour treatment times

- Had little time left to treat my neck, and some looseness in front is the result, which I plan to treat aggressively with V + AALS now.

- I have more plumpness around the entire eye area + upper cheek, to the point that my fatty bags are a bit hidden. This is a huge plus for me, as most of you know these bags are my nemesis.. Rolling Eyes

- Tons of eyelashes are shedding, but I have no idea if it's from the light or what... I stopped Lumigan months ago when my iris color started to show changes, but never experienced this kind of shedding, even when using it every other day. Luckily my eyelashes have always been very dense, so it's not an issue yet.

- The red light is absolutely fantastic for pain management.

- The Omnilux device is pretty tiny, but with about 1/2 of it being the "lights", it makes it perfect for travel. (Not much bigger than a deck of cards, just a little thicker.)

- I definitely miss my amber/orange wavelength, and the luminosity it always brought to my skin. I also have the best response with amber/orange for my neck, which has gotten a bit ruddy looking with just the Omnilux.

- In my experience, using two different LED's, I would have to say with 100% certainty, that the O doesn't hold a candle to the AALS, as far as making the skin feel and look beautiful.. AALS transformed my skin in every favorable way. (Actually, if I count the Original LS (red/infrared), that didn't hold a candle to the AALS for either .. So I guess the amber/orange is what I've responded best to.

To summarize, I'd say this LED is definitely a nice add on device, especially if your interests are specific spot treatments (especially the orbital area) or aches and pains. If you can find it on Ebay, with the 9 packs of creams for $125. I think it's a no brainer.. Worth every penny of that.

I'll be going back to the AALS for my overall face, neck, hands and chest treatments once per week, and will use the Omnilux once per week for the eye/cheek area. (Maybe it's frying the fatty bags away, holding it there for 20 minutes.. Shock Very Happy )

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'll be going back to the AALS for my overall face, neck, hands and chest treatments once per week, and will use the Omnilux once per week for the eye/cheek area. (Maybe it's frying the fatty bags away, holding it there for 20 minutes.. Shock Very Happy )

Considering that the Omnilux is specifically recommended for the eye area - you seem to have verified that that is where it works best.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi all I am jelly xoxoxox first time on this forum. I am doing a course of omilux at a salon and i look so much youngerfor it. its costing me $640.00 !!!!! I want to buy retin A in australia or best/ cheapest equivilent !!! any aussies have any ideas please ! Im also considering buying the Dpl... love to all Jelly xoxoxoxox

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jelly, I recognise that name from another forum Wink . Great to hear about your salon treatments. I absolutely love my at home omnilux. I can only imagine how great the lightstim is with the amber lights, but for me, I'm loving the subtle yet noticeable effects of the OL. My skin is softer, more glowy, and my bad pigmentation and horrible skin texture is a thing of the past (of course there are many other things I'm doing, but this definitely accelerated results for me). When I have the time, I love using it. Sometimes I'll only get to do half a treatment one day, and will finish the other half in a day or two. Also, I concentrate on my 'problem' areas. I always do my eyes, over my mouth where I've got the beginnings of lip lines, and anywhere else I feel needs some extra attention. All in all, for the price I paid, it's a great beauty device, not to mention the wonderful muscle and joint pain relief. It's a cool thing! I took it to Japan as I've been here for the past month, and it is so light and manageable as well. I'm sure theres other LEDs that are fantastic, as the numerous testimonies would show, but I'm happy being the lone omnilux lover.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
My skin is softer, more glowy, and my bad pigmentation and horrible skin texture is a thing of the past (of course there are many other things I'm doing, but this definitely accelerated results for me). All in all, for the price I paid, it's a great beauty device, not to mention the wonderful muscle and joint pain relief. I'm happy being the lone omnilux lover.

You're NOT alone, I love it too... Just not best.. Laughing

Have you tried both wavelengths for pain management.. I'm trying to narrow down why it works so well on specific things and not others..

EX: I get great inflammation relief all through the cervical spine with the red light, and for my tore up knee (devoid of cartilage) the IR works best.

I'm sure it has to do with the fluid involved (or not) that is causing the pain. One of the recent studies that someone posted went into detail of what hits water, blood + muscle.. And I didn't think the Omnilux red was a high enough wavelength to do that.. It's great that we are getting pain relief.. It's well worth the price just for that issue alone.

I really love how quickly it is plumping my eye and upper cheek area (I'm also testing a new serum that contains HA so that could be contributing, not sure yet.)

Anyhoo 'trigger', you are not the lone ranger, I love it too ♥ ♥ ♥ If it didn't take so gosh darn long to do a full treatment I'd like it better.. For now though, it's working well for pain management and a once a week on the eye/cheek area.

miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
Hi all I am jelly xoxoxox first time on this forum. I am doing a course of omilux at a salon and i look so much youngerfor it. its costing me $640.00 !!!!! I want to buy retin A in australia or best/ cheapest equivilent !!! any aussies have any ideas please ! Im also considering buying the Dpl... love to all Jelly xoxoxoxox

Hi Gorgeous, many people on the forum have suggested the following website for cheap prices on retin A:

http://www.alldaychemist.com/index.php

I have bought from them, but it's worth buying a few tubes at a time because the shipping is expensive. Still, in total it's really reasonable.
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
wowsuch a big response !~!!!! what a friendly bunch. first Hi Trigger xoxoxoxo yep I know you too!!!!!
so youve got the omnilux.... I get confused when I read all the led threads as everyone has thier favourites etc... and my head is confused at the end... Trigger how long had you used the omnilux for before you saw results ????

My skin feels great and I definately see tightening !!!! the beauty therapist is trying to sell me lots of up market ceams from the high priced salon !!!! etc...... what are you using ???

Hi kassy !!!! wow I could learn so much from you !!! so what is your favourite tried and true device then please ??

Hi anna thankyou for Retina info hmm Im not sure how to use that site. I put in retin a and it said I had to email the place for medicine ??/
do they post retin a to australia girls ??? how do i get it please ! I am an idiot when It comes to the computer lol.... thankyou all for any help love Jelly ( gorgeous)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
Hi kassy !!!! wow I could learn so much from you !!! so what is your favourite tried and true device then please ??

#1 Anti-Aging Lightstim LED
#2 Small Face Vaculifter
#3 Omnilux NU (need more time to see if it moves up the list)

That's my A team ...

trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Jelly, I've had my omnilux for about a month and a half, but what's interesting, is my skin is noticeably softer immediately after use (I compare treated side to non-treated). It had me thinking that maybe the heat is causing my skin to sweat a little and that is why... but then, the softness lasts! It's funny, because I've never had particularly soft skin, and it wasn't really something I was aiming for. I spent months trying to consider an LED, reading all the threads here, and in the end, I just got an Omnilux because I found it for a great price, and thought it would be a good way to see if it worked for me, without spending too much in the process.

Kassy, I can't believe you ripped my title 'lone omnilux lover' away from me so brutally. Still as your love lacks fidelity, I still consider myself the omniux's only *true* lover:) I agree the treatment time is pretty major, and normally it would be such a turn-off, I'd soon stop using. But for me the results are enough motivation.

I had a strange thing happen yesterday. As I'm in Japan, I've found it almost impossible to eat here without getting 'glutened' - everything contains soy sauce, and soy contains wheat -, or 'shellfished' - normal fish is cut on the same boards with the same knives as shellfish, meaning small particles end up in my sushi/sashimi, therefore I've been spending the last two weeks with an extremely puffy face and eyes which is *one* of the reactions I get. Needless to say, I'm not feeling the most attractive, but one thing is bringing down the swelling better than anything I've ever tried, and it's not a medication! It's the omnilux. When I wake up, I do one eye at a time, and anything else I have time for. Anyway, the other day as I was going out, after doing some OL red, I noticed that my eyes had depuffed, as had ONE SIDE of my face. The other side was still puffy (and I'm not talking in mild terms here, I mean 2-3 inches puffy). I realized that I'd only had a chance to do the left side of my face. Amazingly, the left side was drained of fluid, and looked normal, whilst the right side was still swollen. I was pretty shocked that holding a light to my face for twenty minutes could be that effective. I was wondering if maybe I'd been applying pressure, but I hadn't been, I usually just hold it lightly to my skin, and even still, if the fluid was still in the tissues, pressure would only momentarily relieve it, and it would probably fill back in once it was removed. It was about an hour after treatment that I was leaving the house. Anyway, just thought I'd share. It was strange, but for me more proof of the anti-inflammatory capabilities. I wonder if the I/R would do the same, or if the red is best for the puffs?

Anyway, it's great news for me, as puffy eyes have been the bane of my life, and even now that I found the culprits in my diet and they've gone down quite dramatically, there's still some residual bags (I guess where the skin had been stretched for years on end), and where the puff used to be around the orbital bone is hollow and deflated looking. If the omnilux can help with my longterm goal of keeping my eyes firm, and helps to thicken up the damaged skin, I'll be a very happy person.
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy does the aa stim take forever to use ???? eg the dpl does the whole face at once !

thankyou for sharing your favourites I havent even studied the vaculifter yet. but I love skin rolling !

again about the retin A product girls !!!!
for those ordering it through allday chemist are any girls getting retin a posted to australia. I want to use it with my Omnilux love Jelly xoxoxo

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gorgeous@50 - I'm also in Oz and I just get my Retin-A by prescription from the doctor. It costs around AUD$30.00. I've also purchased it from the internet and although it's very cheap, you end up spending $$$ on postage. Most of the USA Forum members purchase on line because Retin-A is very expensive in the US - we're lucky because it's affordable here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Keliu a 20gm tube of retin a from AAC cost $2.08 last time I purchased it. I bought 12 tubes of it and with the shipping at I think $25, it would've cost around $55AUD for 240gm. How much do you get in a tube for $30?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

- I stopped Lumigan months ago when my iris color started to show changes....

Kassy, sorry for going off topic but I've been meaning to ask you about the above comment.

How long were you using Lumigan before you noticed eye colour change?
Were you applying Lumigan precisely to the eyelashes or less so?
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 am      Reply with quote
what is AAC please Mickey anyone ??? love jelly

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
Kassy does the aa stim take forever to use ???? eg the dpl does the whole face at once !

Takes me about 60 to 90 minutes to thoroughly treat face, neck, chest + tops of hands for 3 minutes per section... Just face + neck takes me about 45 minutes.

I've never used the "dpl", so can't offer you an opinion on it.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

- I stopped Lumigan months ago when my iris color started to show changes....

Kassy, sorry for going off topic but I've been meaning to ask you about the above comment.

How long were you using Lumigan before you noticed eye colour change?
Were you applying Lumigan precisely to the eyelashes or less so?

It was under one year when I noticed. I used it daily for the 1st 5 or 6 weeks (I think), then went to 3 X week.. I stopped on occasion for a week or two, when I noticed significant shedding.

I applied with a fine eyeliner brush sparingly to lash line only.

At this point in time, I could say with 100% certainty, that I would never use Lumigan again.. The color change really doesn't bother me, but what is much more noticeable to me, is that my eyelashes are know where near as long, dense + dark as they were naturally before I used Lumigan.. Sad

There's a thread regarding 'lumigan eye color change', but for the life of me I can't find it now.. (Havana8, help!) I'll be happy to answer any further questions there.

havana8

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
There's a thread regarding 'lumigan eye color change', but for the life of me I can't find it now.. (Havana8, help!) I'll be happy to answer any further questions there.

Hi Kassy, Is this the one you mean? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34806
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Hi Kassy, Is this the one you mean? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34806

Eggzackly.. Wink, thanks!

GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Please could someone answer my questions on this thread ??????

I want to know how to get retina aor best retinol to australia for best price to use with my Omnilux !!!!!! some people have said great stuff but I still dont know how to get it !!!!! please can some one help me love an ageing gorgeous girl lol....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
Please could someone answer my questions on this thread ??????

I want to know how to get retina aor best retinol to australia for best price to use with my Omnilux !!!!!! some people have said great stuff but I still dont know how to get it !!!!! please can some one help me love an ageing gorgeous girl lol....

Please see my reply on 12 October about retin a with link to all day chemist (AAC). Although the postage is high, if you buy several tubes at once it works out quite cheap.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |