Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sally Hansen/Carmindy do you like? Where is it? (in CT)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I went looking for the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty (inspired by Carmindy) line last night and didn't find it at three different CVSs. Has anyone seen it in the New Haven, CT (USA) area?

I've been seeing on MUA that people really like this line. Has anyone here used it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
http://www.sallyhansennaturalbeauty.com/where-to-buy.cfm

I want to try it too! I love Carmindy and What not to Wear. It looks like the line is only at select Rite Aids and CVS.

The lip products look great.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
http://www.sallyhansennaturalbeauty.com/where-to-buy.cfm

I want to try it too! I love Carmindy and What not to Wear. It looks like the line is only at select Rite Aids and CVS.

The lip products look great.

Yogi has this and says it's great and she's not a drugstore make up kind of girl so that says a lot to me. Ulta.com has it but I've not called to see if my local Ulta has it or not. I'm wanting to try it and they have many shades to choose from.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I live in Houston and have recently seen these products at the Ulta near my house.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
well, now I've tried our local (and only) Osco, the Rite Aid, and one more CVS, and no Carmindy to be found. We have no Ultas in CT.

sigh.

what's a girl to do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of product is it?
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

It's a full line of cosmetics - the link above in BluesHeart's post will take you to the website (thanks BluesHeart!). Almost all of the products have been getting good reviews on MUA, and I'm curious to see them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Looks very interesting. I hope I can check it out at a CVS near me~
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
sgresnic wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

It's a full line of cosmetics - the link above in BluesHeart's post will take you to the website (thanks BluesHeart!). Almost all of the products have been getting good reviews on MUA, and I'm curious to see them.

That was Violetanne who posted the link. I just piggybacked. Good luck sis, I tried several CVS stores in my city and had no luck. I plan on calling my local Ulta tomorrow to see if they have it. Yogi bought it and the new Armani Face Fabric and she likes the Carmindy much better so I'm really curious to get my hands on some. As someone said earlier, the lip products look nice as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Great stuff, indeed. Exceptional.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:10 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

That was Violetanne who posted the link. I just piggybacked.

Oops - sorry Violetanne. Embarassed

I e-mailed the company to ask if they have it anywhere. If not, I'll just have to wait until my next business trip to see if I can find it. I think I go to DC next week.... I suppose I should know that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Great stuff, indeed. Exceptional.

Sidda,
Which products have you tried?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I looked through the website given by Violette! and Carmindy mentions how good the ingredients are in some of the products. Beneficial. And the price looks right. Wold love to check it - hope they have samples.
There are so many lipcolor products (and the eye color) - how would you choose if you cannot sample first.

It sounds like the real obstacle is actually 'finding' the line somewhere. I'm thinking maybe they are only stocking the larger city CVS stores. Hopefully it will make it to the one-horse places eventually.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Samples would be great, but I'm doubtful, since it's a drugstore line.

Who knows how they decided to stock the stores. We have at least a dozen CVS stores in a small geographic region AND we're a college town. I would think New Haven would be a perfect demographic for them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
sgresnic wrote:
Samples would be great, but I'm doubtful, since it's a drugstore line.

Who knows how they decided to stock the stores. We have at least a dozen CVS stores in a small geographic region AND we're a college town. I would think New Haven would be a perfect demographic for them.

I've become quite irritated trying to locate this line. I don't live in a huge metro area like NY or LA but it's not a small town and I'm stumped as to why we don't have this. I have one store that says they're expecting a shipment of it next week so I guess I'll call them back in a week and see if thats the case.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I've used the foundation and I love it!! I need to get a darker color for the summer.
We were just in the Bay Area and we checked every CVS (there aren't many), Longs, etc for miles and nobody had it, so I am going to give up & order it online.
I just wish I could see the colors in person, because they all look the same on the CVS website. Sad
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
BumbleB wrote:
I've used the foundation and I love it!! I need to get a darker color for the summer.
We were just in the Bay Area and we checked every CVS (there aren't many), Longs, etc for miles and nobody had it, so I am going to give up & order it online.
I just wish I could see the colors in person, because they all look the same on the CVS website. Sad

Bumble, which color were you using? And why do you love it? I so want this but I refuse to buy foundation online until I know my color match.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Love the foundation -- covers well, not cakey, I use the lightest and it melds perfectly. No oranges, no flakes. Lovely. As good as my all-time favorite, which was Bonne Bell's in the 70s. LOL Take THAT, KA, Armani, and Chanel!!

The blushes are perfect, too -- I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't love them. Comparable to any cream blush out there -- high end, included.

Great concealer, although this is my least favorite of what I've tried. I use Ben Nye and always will. The powders are favorites, too, but I have waaay too much powder.

The eye shadow palettes get great reviews, but I also have too many eye shadows already. And Sally Hansen is terrific for all lip products. Always has been.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
wow.

Now I REALLY want to find it.

sigh.

I'm going to end up taking a summer vacation somewhere just to find the darn stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, great foundation. I wear the second to he lightest. It doesn't sit in my pores like most foundations do. I'm in Southern California. It's at CVS and Longs. (And it's 10% off at Longs right now)
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!

Brick wall

the agony of something just out of reach....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in suburban Chicago and the only CVS in the western burbs that I know of had it. Colors and variety of items did look nice, but I haven't tried anything yet.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I just bought it at Duane Reade in NY, but have also heard they have it at Ulta. I bought an eyeshadow, a cream blush, cream bronzer, eyeshadow primer, and the foundation.
They are all great!
The cream bronzer (havana) i think is my favorite, but everything is good, for a great price.
The foundation is a little thick, so I use it right after I moisturize when my skin is still moist.
The cream blush is great, I bought the first 2 colors, but had to return the first (Bloom I think) b/c it was too light for me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Amylola - Did they have testers out so you can try the colors?

I'm in the same situation as Blues..... Not a big town but not so small either and two colleges. They should be getting this. I'm wondering if it isn't found more in certain places or states as a testing ground.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
And the more I hear about it, the more I'm jonesing.

I might have to take the train to NYC just to find it. Of course, I'll be spending $35 round trip just to buy good makeup at a bargain price. Rolling Eyes

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |