Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: La Roche Posay Sun Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everybody,

I wanted to say something about the Anthelios line. I just returned from Europe where i've been buying it at the local Farmacia store---but as usual, EDS is even cheaper when you think about the Euro conversion rate! (added bonus).

I hope more people give it a try, it's all what the press touts about and more.
I've used the facial cream SPF 40 and right now I'm using the fluid extreme SPF 50.
All other lines i've tried, while very good on their own seem to leave some sort of whitish cast, the higher the SPF on their formula while this one literally melts on the skin and doesn't make you look like a ghost.
It is from what i hear one of the best protectors against UVA rays and while i still like to look tanned now that i've found the perfect sunscreen i guess i'm searching for the equivalent of a fake tanner.
Trish

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Trish wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I wanted to say something about the Anthelios line. I just returned from Europe where i've been buying it at the local Farmacia store---but as usual, EDS is even cheaper when you think about the Euro conversion rate! (added bonus).

Hi Trish!
yes, the pharmacies are very expensive here, you should have ordered it from an online pharmacy - much better option Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello Everybody,

I hope more people give it a try, it's all what the press touts about and more.
I've used the facial cream SPF 40 and right now I'm using the fluid extreme SPF 50.
All other lines i've tried, while very good on their own seem to leave some sort of whitish cast, the higher the SPF on their formula while this one literally melts on the skin and doesn't make you look like a ghost.
It is from what i hear one of the best protectors against UVA rays and while i still like to look tanned now that i've found the perfect sunscreen i guess i'm searching for the equivalent of a fake tanner.
Trish

Definitely agree with you Trish. LRP is definitely my favorite for sun protection (Bioderma as well) and its completely invisible on the skin. I use the Fluide Extreme spf 50 as well. Another one that I really like is the Anthelios XL spf 50 stick for sensitive areas. I use the fluide extreme first and the Anthelios stick on eye area, lips, ears and any other places I might have missed. It may be expensive but its definitely worth it. It's funny how people will pay tons of money for an "anti-aging" product or something to reverse wrinkles, when a high ppd sunscreen is the #1 anti-aging product to prevent wrinkles. We need to remember our priorities!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I agree, have been using the Anthelios XL for a few years now, great product! Very Happy
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I use the Fluide Extreme as well. I don't know if it does anything for me. This is always a dilemma. I don't know how I can tell if a sunscreen is working on me.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I use the Fluide Extreme as well. I don't know if it does anything for me. This is always a dilemma. I don't know how I can tell if a sunscreen is working on me.

I think it`s working as long as you don`t get tan and freckles from the sun.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Is it greasy?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Edenfield and everyone,

(My first post! Very Happy )

I've used quite a few of the Anthelios products, the XL I found very greasy and it made my face look even more unattractive than a normal greasy product, if that makes sense.I think it might have a trace of white pigment. Same for the Pediatrics formulation. However, both are good for the body.

The Fluide Extreme is specifically for the face, and goes on nicely, but its consistency is quite runny, so I wonder if a normal application goes on thickly enough. Mag, the sunblock guru from YTF used to apply two coats, or use the spray version of Pediatrics. The Fluide Extreme is roughly the consistency of a lotion moisturiser, so imagine wearing quite a thick layer of that!

I think the range is one of the most effective sunblocks. I'm outside many hours of the day (albeit only in British sun) but my face never tanned when I wore it. I only changed because the Boots range in the UK seems equally good and is much easier to get hold of.

Hope this helps,

Loulou Smile
vvpmelon
5% products discount

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had a hard time to find the "Fluide Extreme" ones of LRP Anthelios XL. Finally I got it from
http://www.thecureshop.com/Shop.asp?s=&View=Products&Keyword=antheliossun

The price of Fluide Extreme line is almost double compared with the other ones. If somebody know some source with better price, please share. Thanks.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Why is EDS not carrying any more LRP Sun line? Sad
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Why is EDS not carrying any more LRP Sun line? Sad

I was about to ask - where is that Sun screen ladies were talking about - I can't find sun screens at all on EDS... Would love to try it - I am pretty much desperate with every sun screen leaving this white residue and even though I am very much fair skinned, makes me look like a clown. Have been using Lavera so far...
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Fluide Extreme of LRP is the best sunscreen lotion I had ever tried, powerful and of light weight, not sticky nor greasy, highly recommend!
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Is it natural? I would switch over but I love my L'occitane sunscreen too much.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Annonymous wrote:
Is it natural? I would switch over but I love my L'occitane sunscreen too much.

LRP is not natural. It's chemical sunscreen. Some also has physical in it. The LRP Anthelios SPF40 got both chemical and physical for example. The main chemical ingredient known by LRP is Mexoryl. It's touted by derms as the best sunscreen protection out there for UVA and UVB.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think LRP is a mixture of physical and chemical suncreen lotion
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
wylone wrote:
I think LRP is a mixture of physical and chemical suncreen lotion

Not all. Some are purely chemical. You have to read the labels to see which also got physical in it. Like the SPF40 Anthelios is a combo, but the SPF15 one is all chemical.
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
i think the sun line products of this brand just a little sticky for me, because of my oil skin, so i prefer Biore for my summer protection~~~haha Smile Smile
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I like their Daily UV Protection. It is quite comfortable,not shiny,not sticky,not whitecast while provides high protection.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I used this line for years. It is really good. And I feel safe when I wear it.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Dora wrote:
I like their Daily UV Protection. It is quite comfortable,not shiny,not sticky,not whitecast while provides high protection.

I guess you have dry skin. I tried LRP Fluide Extreme SPF40 for combo skin and it was awful on me - shiny & oily, and I do have combo skin.

5% products discount

Mon May 11, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist recommended La Roche Posay Anthelios 60. I have been using it for several years now and I am very happy with it. It is very effective. It is also reasonably priced.

The texture is very rich so that might be a problem for some. I would recommend using a thin layer and applying several times a day.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I just saw that CVS carries the SPF60 anthelios now for $27.50. I'm very excited.
Popcorn
5% products discount

Tue May 12, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I suggest you try La Roche-Posay Antherpos SPF 50 Lip Cream, as a lip sunscreen, it isn't too white, but also enough moisture.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I used this product on my kids and me for a few years because of the mexoryl, but discontinued when I realized that its ingredients were relatively unsafe. There are other effective sunscreens that are less toxic.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Y is it unrelatively safe?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |