Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Still using Lips 2 Kiss?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I know there was a huge thread on this and I got on the bandwagon myself and got sick of the hairdryer in my face routine. Anyone else? I still have the products but can't be bothered to buy more or use the hairdryer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, it's all I have used on my lips for the past 16 months, although I stopped using the hair dryer about 2 months ago. I keep dealing with occasional dryness of my lips, and that's maybe because I stopped blowdrying? I do still love the products though and plan to keep using them.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I still use the products, but I also stopped the blowdryer, probably 2-3 months ago! I had problems inside my lower lip constantly being raw, and discovered that if I used the L2K products every other day, the raw spot went away.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just stopped L2K entirely. My lips just pretty much never stopped being chapped, raw, or peely. Now I use Osea's Eyes and Lips treatment on my lips overnight and then use whatever gloss I want during the day and my lips are never dry or cracked.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I was using the L2K system for three months, but never saw an improvement in my lips. They were neither plumper nor less chapped and dry. Unnecessary to say, I did not repurchase the system.

Many people are obviously very happy with L2K. Still, I cannot help wondering about why no other manufacturers make similar lip products and remove wax from their lip balms if the founder of L2K is right about wax being the lips' "worst enemy".

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I completely love L2K and dont think I will ever use anything else, seriously. It is streets ahead of any other lip treatment I have ever used.

I dont, however, do the hairdryer. I'm just too lazy, and I no longer feel motivated to do it, as my lips are so improved and nice now, that they just arent an issue.

I use the cream,LG and glaze as a trio morning and night - I have it next to my bed - and I use CNG during the day. My lips are really comfortable and soft and a great colour now, whereas they were pale and shrinking away, before.

L2K is one of the things I'm really grateful to this board for bringing to my attention, as I never would have found it, otherwise. ( Thankyou, Hollywood!)

Forgive the rave, everyone, I just this week got a new CNG in 'sexy mama' from Kandis, and I'm on a high about it! Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I have stopped the program for a number of reasons: 1) I never ever saw even a "hint" of improvement in my lips 2) I got tired of layering the various products on top of each other 3) My lips were ALWAYS dry to the point where I just could not tolerate them anymore.

I now use lip balms such as Julie H. Camellia lip blam - Decleor Aromessence lip balm and Pangea lip care and I must say that it feels so nice not to fight the constant dryness.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Kandis now have a product that is a mix of other ones, and no layering required. This might be a good choice for those that like her products, but do not like layering.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I don't use it any more, and I am not using anything at all on my lips. My lips aren't dry right now. Maybe in the winter, I will have to use it again.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using it. I guess you could say I'm on a maintenance plan. Use all three products in the morning and then again at night. I'll swipe a CNG on when I think about it. I also on occasion use the lumi lips since they don't contain wax. When in the mood, I'll swipe on a real lipstick but the waxy feeling does annoy. LOL but I love the blowdryer step.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
LOL but I love the blowdryer step.

Blues, are you using the blowdryer before or after KH? I stopped using the blowdryer when I started KH because I wasn't sure if the heat would affect the oxygen and result in breakouts.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I also on occasion use the lumi lips since they don't contain wax.

Blues, what is 'lumi lips'?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

tsj,
http://www.lumierecosmetics.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=23&pg=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
LOL but I love the blowdryer step.

Blues, are you using the blowdryer before or after KH? I stopped using the blowdryer when I started KH because I wasn't sure if the heat would affect the oxygen and result in breakouts.

Diana,
Normally I do the blowdry step after applying the kombi while I wait for it to absorb. Occasionally, I'll do it before. I've not had any issues so I assume it's ok to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, what colors of the lumi lips have you tried? They have some really pretty colors!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, what colors of the lumi lips have you tried? They have some really pretty colors!

Hi Riley,
I have Crushed Velvet, Holy Grail, Pink Ribbons and Full of Grace. FoG isn't as dark as it appears and actually with the exception of Pink Ribbons, the other three are very similar. My favorite is Crushed Velvet. I want to try to Dahlia next. I don't find them that long wearing but they arn't sticky and waxy and I don't feel like I'm losing any benefits gained from L2K.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I have stopped the program for a number of reasons: 1) I never ever saw even a "hint" of improvement in my lips 2) I got tired of layering the various products on top of each other 3) My lips were ALWAYS dry to the point where I just could not tolerate them anymore.

I now use lip balms such as Julie H. Camellia lip blam - Decleor Aromessence lip balm and Pangea lip care and I must say that it feels so nice not to fight the constant dryness.

It never worked for me either. After many months. No improvement. I still have wrinkly dry lips. But less money. I look forward to trying these other options.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:

It never worked for me either. After many months. No improvement. I still have wrinkly dry lips. But less money. I look forward to trying these other options.

It didn't work for me either. My lips looked even more wrinkled and dry although they never really peeled. And I tried for months and months.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
jakee...yogi....that's what finally made me quit the program...I was developing more lines on my lips along with the constant dryness - yikes!!!! I don't like any kind of treatment that makes me look so much worse before getting better because with me,sometimes things are bad enough to begin with.

I did give the program a fair enough time to work and it didn't. I suppose not everyone responds well to this type of treatment.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Blues. I don't like sticky or waxy feeling either, so I will give the lumi a try!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
tsjmom wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

tsj,

Thanks AGAIN Blues!! You keep answering all my questions Exclamation

BTW how do you all find out about all this stuff?!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
tsjmom wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

tsj,

Thanks AGAIN Blues!! You keep answering all my questions Exclamation

BTW how do you all find out about all this stuff?!

Actually, I first heard about the Lumi's from Scallawaggirl but I didn't try them until I ordered some MMU products from Lumiere for my daughter's Christmas stocking.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I've been using L2K system for 18-19 months now. And I haven't used anything else on my lips since I started L2K in January 2007. I just recently ordered and received a number of coloured T2H glazes and I must say I like them (so far). I do the blow-dry routine off & on, but have been trying to be a bit more regular lately.
I don't think I'll ever stop using L2K system. I can't say I had amazing results like some other ladies did, but this system has done tonnes more for my lips than anything else I ever tried. My lips are smoother, the lines above my lips have lessened, and overall - my lips just look better than 18 months ago.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I got sick and tired of the blowdrying too and listened to the lady who recommended osea. Long story short, I wear regular lipstick during the day - I like vibrant lip colors that stay on - but NOTHING WORKS AS GOOD AS LIPS2KISS for making my lips look great. They really look outstanding, even with the lipsstick - so I am back to the blowdrying. For me, it is worth it.

Linda
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Linda,
Did you try Coloured T2H glaze (I think it's a glaze)? Kandis has them in some nice rich colours. So, if you want/need colour during the day - that may be an option.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |