Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FANIE International
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
I just ordered some Fanie products -Truskin,two masques and the dreaded phenol peel Laughing I'm old enough to live on the edge. I'm not afraid!

Laughing I am so with you, sister sweets!

What's the phenol peel? Can't seem to locate it on her website.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
It is called "unveil", Frodo. HTH.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Frodo -
Yes, Unveil - one of the main ingredients is phenol. My products are on the way - going to go for the phenol glow! Also got the accent masque and the fizzy masque as well as the truskin to combine with them.

JoElla talked me into the Accent vs the enzyme masque.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Frodo -
Yes, Unveil - one of the main ingredients is phenol. My products are on the way - going to go for the phenol glow! Also got the accent masque and the fizzy masque as well as the truskin to combine with them.

JoElla talked me into the Accent vs the enzyme masque.

Sis,
Why did JoE recommend the accent verus the enzyme for you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Ladies who live on the phenol edge, gotta love it!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Let us know how it goes for you. Oh, and make sure to use a sunscreen when using it...I wasn't as good as I should have been after using the TCA stuff and I have some pigmentation issues to deal with now. I forgot how vulnerable the newly revealed skin was!!

I'm curious about the Accent vs. Enzyme mask too and some of the others as well. My skin is so weird so I never know which products to get for it. I'm 44 so my skin is aging Shock :, it is mostly dry, but, ever since I turned 40, I suffer from hormonal breakouts alot Mad . Products like the Liquid Sponge sound great for preventing breakouts but I wonder if they would be too drying since I am not oily. One of the reasons that I was asking about the Dong Quai is because, orally at least, it is used for hormonal issues. I am wondering if it would be at all helpful for hormonal breakouts when used topically but I still can't find research to support that. Wishful thinking on my part, I know!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Ladies who live on the phenol edge, gotta love it!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Let us know how it goes for you. Oh, and make sure to use a sunscreen when using it...I wasn't as good as I should have been after using the TCA stuff and I have some pigmentation issues to deal with now. I forgot how vulnerable the newly revealed skin was!!

I'm curious about the Accent vs. Enzyme mask too and some of the others as well. My skin is so weird so I never know which products to get for it. I'm 44 so my skin is aging Shock :, it is mostly dry, but, ever since I turned 40, I suffer from hormonal breakouts alot Mad . Products like the Liquid Sponge sound great for preventing breakouts but I wonder if they would be too drying since I am not oily. One of the reasons that I was asking about the Dong Quai is because, orally at least, it is used for hormonal issues. I am wondering if it would be at all helpful for hormonal breakouts when used topically but I still can't find research to support that. Wishful thinking on my part, I know!!

Hey Bren, since the Chinese look at those issues as a blood issue, I can see how topically it could help. I'm assuming since I've not used acids I would be ok with the Enzyme. I want to see how JoE answered Sis though. Here's my question, they don't like acids on the face, yet isn't Phenol an acid? Or is it technically acidic and not an acid? I'm confuzeled.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
You guys are cracking me and I sooo need some chuckles this morning.
Mama Walnut, you will be the true test for the hot dot. Can't wait to hear. I think I'll get the Tru and the Enzyme mask. Since I'm already letting the pesky anti oxidants run amok all over my face, what's a little more risk? Laughing

Hi Blues, Smile

I ended up going with the Liquid Sponge instead of the Hotdot. I'm not really sure what the difference is since I couldn't find the ingredients listed on the Liquid Sponge. Something in the description though made me feel like Liquid Sponge might be more effective for clogged pores and blackheads whereas the Hotdot seemed more geared towards traditional pimples and breakouts. I could be off-base there but I decided to give the Liquid Sponge a try for my sebum-congested pores. I'll let you know how effective it is.

Regarding the Unveil phenol-containing product, I remember reading about phenol peels back when I was in my TCA phase. Glycolic and lactic peels were usually considered light peels, TCA was more of a medium peel, and a true phenol peel was a super-deep peel that required heavy sedation. It was said to be great at getting rid of wrinkles but left your skin permanently ghost-white. The phenol in the Fanie product must be at a really low strength.

Here's a link to a quick overview on true phenol peels: http://www.infoplasticsurgery.com/facial/peels/phenolpeel.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Mama Walnut,
Thanks so much for the link for phenol peel info. Do the Accent and Enzyme mask fit in with the 302 protocol? I like his theories a lot even though I'm not using his products, waiting for the Calm Skin site, so I'm curious about this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Here's my question, they don't like acids on the face, yet isn't Phenol an acid? Or is it technically acidic and not an acid? I'm confuzeled.

I saw phenol referred to as phenol acid on the Fanie website. It says it is extracted from coal tar. HTH.

I'm confuzeled too..who is the 'they' that you are referencing above in "they don't like acids on the face". It is probably obvious and I am being an airhead!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Here's my question, they don't like acids on the face, yet isn't Phenol an acid? Or is it technically acidic and not an acid? I'm confuzeled.

I saw phenol referred to as phenol acid on the Fanie website. It says it is extracted from coal tar. HTH.

I'm confuzeled too..who is the 'they' that you are referencing above in "they don't like acids on the face". It is probably obvious and I am being an airhead!!

Bren,
Fanie has a big article on the website that references how bad glycolics are for the skin.
http://www.fanie.com/GlycolicAlert.cfm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bren,
Fanie has a big article on the website that references how bad glycolics are for the skin.
http://www.fanie.com/GlycolicAlert.cfm

Gotcha. Now I see why you are confused. Another article on their site clearly refers to phenol as phenol acid. In the article you cited, it says:
By definition, acid is a low pH solution. The lower the pH or the less diluted the stronger the acid. Low pH substances will harden organic material. When used in skin care preparations, acidic ingredients (e.g. glycol, Alpha Hydroxy, lactic acid) can leave acid residues if overused. Acid can change the natural pH of the skin. When skin cannot regenerate faster than the residue is being deposited and compounded, the result is an alteration of the natural pH of the skin and interferes with the normal functioning of the skin, eventually this can cause damage.

So, how is phenol acid any different? I wish someone more experienced with all of this would come along and enlighten me!

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone found any other skin care lines that use phenol in their products? I haven't come across any so far but I am still looking.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I read that Phenol is a very weak acid. What gives the phenol peel the "strength" is croton oil. I sent an email to JoElla about the Phenol. I will post what she has to say about it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, here is JoElla's reply about the phenol in the Unveil

"Phenol softens the sebum. It is very mild, plus a very small amount. There is not one thing in any of these products that harms the skin. It is not the strong phenol you would find in a strong peel. So much technology has gone into these products plus 58 years in business.

Florence Johnson the head of the company sits on the board and helps with the rules set up by the state board. She is involved in every part of the business and the skin care industry. She is very strict on strong ingredients or anything that harms the skin. She does not like glycolic or any harsh acids.
"
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does that mean I can use Unveil again tonight??? Dancing Dancing Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Does that mean I can use Unveil again tonight??? Dancing Dancing Dancing

Laughing Go for it, MAC. But you have to come back and give us an update tonight.

ETA. Thanks Riley for the update!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
No problem! Oh, she did tell me this about the unveil, "[i]Your will see a difference at the very first treatment." Can't wait to try it!

MAC, please give an update after you use it again!!
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Mama Walnut,
Thanks so much for the link for phenol peel info. Do the Accent and Enzyme mask fit in with the 302 protocol? I like his theories a lot even though I'm not using his products, waiting for the Calm Skin site, so I'm curious about this.

I think so but I'm not positive. The two lines certainly seem to have similar philosophies about how skin should be treated. I probably should have emailed either Dr. Huber or JoElla to be for sure but since Fanie has an anti-acid stance like 302 I figured they would work well together. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to get the enzyme peel and JoElla told me to get the accent. I use retin a few nights a week and I think that's why. She loves it.
she told me it has many good things in it. I swapped the enzyme for the Accent. It's on it's way.

I'll let ya'll know what happens.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Someone should ask Joella just how many products she uses on her face. I got sick and tired of her emails wowing a skin care line that she is using and then a week later she is extolling another line.
Why wouldn't she rave about Fanie - she is now selling it.
She raved once too often for my liking and became non believable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
JoElla has promoted many products for sure but in the time I've been on her email list (admittedly only 4-5 months or so) I don't remember her getting so excited about something new she was carrying or using. They are relatively inexpensive products and can be easily incorporated into other skincare lines. Since the prices were reasonable I felt they were at least worth a try. I guess it was something about the excitement level in this email that wasn't there in previous emails that caught my interest. I don't find her unbelievable because she promotes a few different product lines - different things work for different people and I think she's carrying some good lines to help people find what works for them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, I'm probably like JoElla.

I've had success with different products from different lines. I love NCN pumpkin peel and I also love the oxygen/essential masque facial from Karin Herzog.

I've had some nice glow using Skinceuticals C&E ferulic. and on and on I guess.

I think Joella buys what she believes in. and obviously she uses many of her products and has favorites that she reports in on. It's her business to do this.

I'll be trying her newest rave and see what it is all about. MACrisis liked her fanie products. I'm hoping they are as good as JoE says!
Mine shipped on the same day I bought them... yesterday.
Sassenach
5% products discount

Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I know this product as well as KH is getting raves, but I consider petroleum and mineral oils deal breakers. They're just not good for skin--especially congested, spotty skin. I also don't trust any products made in China.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I have a funny feeling here…………….Am I the Fanie guinea pig?

As expected, I used Fanie Unveil, Fizzy + TruSkin, Herbal Oil, and Fine Line Crème again last night. Thursday I was too excited to pay attention to some details and last night I told myself to take it easy.

1.Unveil SkinSensation: gel like, light peach color smells like glue (not white glue, the one I used when I was young, flour+water+salt, if you know what did I mean), very easy to apply (I used my finger). I was hoping it won’t “Burn” this time but I was WRONG. When I used Cellbone 40% glycolic peel, it stings on random SPOTs and felt itching. But Unveil “burn” the whole face + neck. I felt my skin was scraped. In one of JoElla’s emails, she said “You can feel the skin peeling off.” Not that strong but strong enough for me to lie down and practice my yoga breathing. I used to put JM Glycolic cream on my neck but for last 3 months I only put Osmosis Renew, Boost, or Replenish (I felt few stinging spots w/Replenish) on my neck. Maybe there’s glycolic or AHA in those products. My neck “burned” as much as my face. I waited 10 min to let it fully dried before I put on Fizzy+TruSkin. It dried up as much as F + T, so No Facial Expression or potential wrinkles. My faced was red.

2.Fizzy + TruSkin: Fizzy is white powder and TruSkin is semi-clear, light gel. 1st time it smelled a little bit “fishy” and last night it smelled like raw egg. It said use same amount (1 Teaspoon) Fizzy & TruSkin to form a fluffy paste. My experience is, scoop out 1 tsp Fizzy first and slowly add TruSkin. 1st time I “measured” 1 tsp of each but the texture was too running. And the mixture was only “a little bit” fluffy both times. I used a synthetic brush to apply to my face and neck, upward and outward. I lied on my bed for 40 min. It dried up within 10 min and the rest of the time (30min) I really did not enjoy it because it’s too TIGHT. This TIGHT feeling made me throw away NuSKin Facelift Original Formula. I don’t know if I put too much Fizzy (I did not measure this time, just scoop some), it’s tighter than last time. After 40 min I removed the masque in shower. The texture is slippery, so a little bit hard to just rinse under water to remove it. I’d use a towel next time.

3.Herbal Oil: a very, very thick clear oil, hard to spread. I dab some on my melasma.

4.Fine Line Crème: A white, very thick mousse texture, very hard to spread too. Smell like toothpaste (some said spearmint), no minty feeling after put on. I pat some around my eyes and laugh lines (nose to mouth).

Result: Maybe I did 2 peels too close (one on Thr, one on Sat) and “expected” too much from it, the result was not as “AMAZING” as the 1st time. I still got a healthy glow which I like. After I blow dry my hair and the oil & crème set in, I fell in love with myself. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes LOL!! And this morning my face is very hydrated, soft, and smooth. It’s a keeper for sure. 2 thumbs up.

After I used 40% glycolic peel, my skin felt “raw” and I need to remove it with cold water (instruction). Few times I took a shower afterward and my face was very tender when my fingers ran across my face, it actually hurt. But with Fanie, nothing. My face was not tender but soft. Last night because I need to rub my face hard to remove the masque my face did not hurt at all.

Suggestion: For people w/sensitive skin, please put a very, very “thin” layer of Unveil the very 1st time to see how your skin takes it. I don’t know if I’d lie down next time when I do it because the pulling feeling from dried masque was uncomfortable during the treatment and after I got up. During the treatmen I felt my face & neck were pulling down against the pillow and after I got up I could not look straight but down. Maybe just sit there and lean back next time. I think I'll do it 2/week instead of 3.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I have a funny feeling here…………….Am I the Fanie guinea pig?

As expected, I used Fanie Unveil, Fizzy + TruSkin, Herbal Oil, and Fine Line Crème again last night. Thursday I was too excited to pay attention to some details and last night I told myself to take it easy.

1.Unveil SkinSensation: gel like, light peach color smells like glue (not white glue, the one I used when I was young, flour+water+salt, if you know what did I mean), very easy to apply (I used my finger). I was hoping it won’t “Burn” this time but I was WRONG. When I used Cellbone 40% glycolic peel, it stings on random SPOTs and felt itching. But Unveil “burn” the whole face + neck. I felt my skin was scraped. In one of JoElla’s emails, she said “You can feel the skin peeling off.” Not that strong but strong enough for me to lie down and practice my yoga breathing. I used to put JM Glycolic cream on my neck but for last 3 months I only put Osmosis Renew, Boost, or Replenish (I felt few stinging spots w/Replenish) on my neck. Maybe there’s glycolic or AHA in those products. My neck “burned” as much as my face. I waited 10 min to let it fully dried before I put on Fizzy+TruSkin. It dried up as much as F + T, so No Facial Expression or potential wrinkles. My faced was red.

2.Fizzy + TruSkin: Fizzy is white powder and TruSkin is semi-clear, light gel. 1st time it smelled a little bit “fishy” and last night it smelled like raw egg. It said use same amount (1 Teaspoon) Fizzy & TruSkin to form a fluffy paste. My experience is, scoop out 1 tsp Fizzy first and slowly add TruSkin. 1st time I “measured” 1 tsp of each but the texture was too running. And the mixture was only “a little bit” fluffy both times. I used a synthetic brush to apply to my face and neck, upward and outward. I lied on my bed for 40 min. It dried up within 10 min and the rest of the time (30min) I really did not enjoy it because it’s too TIGHT. This TIGHT feeling made me throw away NuSKin Facelift Original Formula. I don’t know if I put too much Fizzy (I did not measure this time, just scoop some), it’s tighter than last time. After 40 min I removed the masque in shower. The texture is slippery, so a little bit hard to just rinse under water to remove it. I’d use a towel next time.

3.Herbal Oil: a very, very thick clear oil, hard to spread. I dab some on my melasma.

4.Fine Line Crème: A white, very thick mousse texture, very hard to spread too. Smell like toothpaste (some said spearmint), no minty feeling after put on. I pat some around my eyes and laugh lines (nose to mouth).

Result: Maybe I did 2 peels too close (one on Thr, one on Sat) and “expected” too much from it, the result was not as “AMAZING” as the 1st time. I still got a healthy glow which I like. After I blow dry my hair and the oil & crème set in, I fell in love with myself. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes LOL!! And this morning my face is very hydrated, soft, and smooth. It’s a keeper for sure. 2 thumbs up.

After I used 40% glycolic peel, my skin felt “raw” and I need to remove it with cold water (instruction). Few times I took a shower afterward and my face was very tender when my fingers ran across my face, it actually hurt. But with Fanie, nothing. My face was not tender but soft. Last night because I need to rub my face hard to remove the masque my face did not hurt at all.

Suggestion: For people w/sensitive skin, please put a very, very “thin” layer of Unveil the very 1st time to see how your skin takes it. I don’t know if I’d lie down next time when I do it because the pulling feeling from dried masque was uncomfortable during the treatment and after I got up. During the treatmen I felt pulling down against the pillow and fter I got up I could not stretch my neck. Maye just sit there and lean back next time. I think I'll do it 2/week instead of 3.

Thank you, MAC. What a great review. I'm more curious than ever to try this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
JoElla has promoted many products for sure but in the time I've been on her email list (admittedly only 4-5 months or so) I don't remember her getting so excited about something new she was carrying or using. They are relatively inexpensive products and can be easily incorporated into other skincare lines. Since the prices were reasonable I felt they were at least worth a try. I guess it was something about the excitement level in this email that wasn't there in previous emails that caught my interest. I don't find her unbelievable because she promotes a few different product lines - different things work for different people and I think she's carrying some good lines to help people find what works for them.

I agree Mama Walnut and I'm not sure it's fair to JoE to state the above. She had said she uses different lines in the AM and PM and depending on what her skin feels like on one day she may use something entirely different. Yes, she's in sales but she'd definitely excited about this line, enough that I will try it based on my good experience with her and the products I've used, primarily KH. Now. she can sing the praises all she wants about Osmosis but I will never buy those products but that's due to Dr. J.
ETA that I also appreciate that her product lines are not ridiculously expensive and that I don't need to spend 100 plus dollars for one product.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |