Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
FANIE International
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Sassenach wrote:
I know this product as well as KH is getting raves, but I consider petroleum and mineral oils deal breakers. They're just not good for skin--especially congested, spotty skin. I also don't trust any products made in China.

Perhaps you would like the 302 skincare line and it's philosophy. FWIW, Herzog has been wonderful for my skin, mineral oils, petroleum, ect. LOVE IT. If I've learned anything, it's that there are no absolutes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Sassenach wrote:
I know this product as well as KH is getting raves, but I consider petroleum and mineral oils deal breakers. They're just not good for skin--especially congested, spotty skin. I also don't trust any products made in China.

Looked through all 5 Fanie jars/bottles, surprisingly none of them said where was it made. Only company info on the bottom. Is it the law to show where the product was made?

Ok, found something new:

On Unveil jar: "...After 10 min, rinse if off with tepid water or apply Fanie facial masque directly over Unveil."

On Fizzy jar: "...After 30 ~ 45 min, soften, and remove with plenty of cool water." I wondered why cool water instead of tepid or warm water?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Sassenach wrote:

Looked through all 5 Fanie jars/bottles, surprisingly none of them said where was it made. Only company info on the bottom. Is it the law to show where the product was made?

Ok, found something new:

On Unveil jar: "...After 10 min, rinse if off with tepid water or apply Fanie facial masque directly over Unveil."

On Fizzy jar: "...After 30 ~ 45 min, soften, and remove with plenty of cool water." I wondered why cool water instead of tepid or warm water?

Oh boy, MAC. The next time you'll have to do the Unveil underneath your Accent. LOL. This is fun with you doing the uhh..testing for us. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
These masks sound very similar to the Elysee masque that Platiniumrose raves about...it also hardens and feels tight (I haven't tried it myself).

Elysee Time Avenger Face Lifting Powder Masque

Features:
- Formulated with a natural soya protein, helps to temporarily tighten skin on the face, jowls and neck
- Acts as an exfoliant to help slough off dead skin cells, bringing forth a glowing complexion
- Skin is hydrated and face is noticeably lifted

Directions: To get the best results, use the masque twice per week for the first two weeks. Thereafter, once per week is sufficient for maintenance.

http://beauty.hsn.com/elysee-time-avenger-face-lifting-powder-masque-autoship_p-2793976_xp.aspx

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x8TjmKojoaU&feature=user

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
These masks sound very similar to the Elysee masque that Platiniumrose raves about...it also hardens and feels tight (I haven't tried it myself).

Elysee Time Avenger Face Lifting Powder Masque

Features:
- Formulated with a natural soya protein, helps to temporarily tighten skin on the face, jowls and neck
- Acts as an exfoliant to help slough off dead skin cells, bringing forth a glowing complexion
- Skin is hydrated and face is noticeably lifted

Directions: To get the best results, use the masque twice per week for the first two weeks. Thereafter, once per week is sufficient for maintenance.

http://beauty.hsn.com/elysee-time-avenger-face-lifting-powder-masque-autoship_p-2793976_xp.aspx

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x8TjmKojoaU&feature=user

I thought the same thing, Bethany. Isn't egg white the first ingredient. I don't think Fanie's contain the wheat germ oil though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the review, MAC. It is great to hear your experience. I will post mine after I receive and try them! Very Happy
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I was hoping it won’t “Burn” this time but I was WRONG. When I used Cellbone 40% glycolic peel, it stings on random SPOTs and felt itching. But Unveil “burn” the whole face + neck. I felt my skin was scraped. In one of JoElla’s emails, she said “You can feel the skin peeling off.”

Ouch Shock Shock , that sure doesn't sound "very mild" as JoElla worded in her response to Riley, does it?! Laughing And you are an experienced acid user too!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
JoElla has promoted many products for sure but in the time I've been on her email list (admittedly only 4-5 months or so) I don't remember her getting so excited about something new she was carrying or using. They are relatively inexpensive products and can be easily incorporated into other skincare lines. Since the prices were reasonable I felt they were at least worth a try. I guess it was something about the excitement level in this email that wasn't there in previous emails that caught my interest. I don't find her unbelievable because she promotes a few different product lines - different things work for different people and I think she's carrying some good lines to help people find what works for them.

You make some good points here, Mama.

I think though that when someone opens up their sales email with a statement like "I have found the fountain of youth." Rolling Eyes , that person is bound to lose credibility with some. I like JoElla but I have to admit that I was bit turned off by that comment. It caused me to question the validity of the rest of her praises.

I'm certainly not trying to ruffle any feathers; just honestly expressing my opinion.
I certainly hope that products work well for all who have purchased them and look forward to hearing more honest reviews (thanks, MAC!).
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
I was hoping it won’t “Burn” this time but I was WRONG. When I used Cellbone 40% glycolic peel, it stings on random SPOTs and felt itching. But Unveil “burn” the whole face + neck. I felt my skin was scraped. In one of JoElla’s emails, she said “You can feel the skin peeling off.”

Ouch Shock Shock , that sure doesn't sound "very mild" as JoElla worded in her response to Riley, does it?! Laughing And you are an experienced acid user too!

Hopefully I put it right. When I said it "BURNS" I meant it felt my face was burnt but when I touch my face afterwards, no tenderness at all.

I don't know if the BURNning feeling was from my previous glycolic/AHA use or not. Maybe I should use Accent Masque to "...neutralizing acid residues left by AHA, glycolic and other acids...."

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
MACrisis wrote:

Hopefully I put it right. When I said it "BURNS" I meant it felt my face was burnt but when I touch my face afterwards, no tenderness at all.

I don't know if the BURNning feeling was from my previous glycolic/AHA use or not. Maybe I should use Accent Masque to "...neutralizing acid residues left by AHA, glycolic and other acids...."

You are a much braver woman than I, that's for sure! If i had to yoga breathe to get thru the pain/sensation, I would have caved and washed it off as fast as I could!!! But, then again, after my TCA experiences, I happily proclaim myself to be a wimp! Laughing Laughing Glad that you aren't left with tender skin too; I didn't with my TCA either, for whatever reason. Just be sure to pile on the sunscreen (I know, I'm a broken record on this...just don't want you to suffer pigmentation changes like I did, especially since the sun is so... strong now)
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sassenach wrote:

I wasn't sure that the KH products would work for my breakout-prone skin but they have, and beautifully at that.

It seems that both petroleum and mineral oil have unfairly gotten a bad rap, and myths abound about their being bad for the skin.

For example,

http://zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm
If you scroll down, you will see that both petroleum and mineral oil have the absolute lowest score (0) in terms of Comedogenicity and Irritancy Potential. Acne users are advised to stay away from products ranked 3, 4, and 5.

Also, this:
Mineral oil
Clear, odorless oil derived from petroleum that is widely used in cosmetics because it rarely causes allergic reactions and it cannot become a solid and clog pores. Despite mineral oil’s association with petroleum and the hype that it is bad for skin, keep in mind that petroleum is a natural ingredient derived from the earth and that once it becomes mineral oil USP (cosmetics- and pharmaceutical-grade mineral oil), it has no resemblance to the original petroleum. Cosmetics-grade mineral oil and petrolatum are considered the safest, most nonirritating moisturizing ingredients ever found (Sources: Cosmetics & Toiletries, January 2001, page 79; and Cosmetic Dermatology, September 2000, pages 44–46). Yes, they can keep air off the skin to some extent, but that’s what a good antioxidant is supposed to do; they don’t suffocate skin! Moreover, mineral oil and petrolatum are known to be efficacious in wound healing, and are also among the most effective moisturizing ingredients available (Source: Cosmetics & Toiletries, February 1998, pages 33–40).

Hope you find something that works for your skin!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Sassenach wrote:

I saw this on the Fanie website:
"As a California specialized based company and a USA proud manufacture of products still compounded at the lab in Irvine, California..."

Does that help?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
........I saw this on the Fanie website:"As a California specialized based company and a USA proud manufacture of products still compounded at the lab in Irvine, California..."

Does that help?

If Fanie products are made in the US then where's the

Sassenach wrote:
........I also don't trust any products made in China.

came from?? Question Question Question

**edit later** I think I got it. Sassenach does not like Petroleum or Mineral oil in skin care products. AND she does not trust any products made in China. Both "does not" don't apply to certain product line she mentioned.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
If Fanie products are made in the US then where's the

Sassenach wrote:
........I also don't trust any products made in China.

came from?? Question Question Question

Good question, MAC. Maybe our dong quai conversation?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh lawd.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Oh lawd.

I wasn't being flip, I promise! I seriously wondered if our discussion of Chinese medicine/ingredients added some confusion as to where Fanie was made.

MAC - I am still confuzled...are you saying that KH is manufactured in China?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Oh lawd.

I wasn't being flip, I promise! I seriously wondered if our discussion of Chinese medicine/ingredients added some confusion as to where Fanie was made.

MAC - I am still confuzled...are you saying that KH is manufactured in China?

My "oh lawd" was because I completely missed that possibility. Zip, zip, right over my head. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
...... MAC - I am still confuzled...are you saying that KH is manufactured in China?

No, I did not say that. I thought Sassenach does not like Fanie was because the petroleum and mineral oil were in the products AND because they're made in China. That's why I rushed to checked my bottle/jar to see where they're made from. After your quote "I saw this on the Fanie website:"As a California specialized based company and a USA proud manufacture of products still compounded at the lab in Irvine, California..." and you mentioned the dong quai thingy I re-read her sentence. Then I think, she's just telling us what she does not like, it does not mean Fanie / KH is made in China.

Can we move on? My tongue and brain are both twisted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
And don't forget my eyes. Smile

Soo MAC, how does your face look today? Are you still feeling the glow? Here's my question, how do you plan on using your gadgets with these additions to your routine?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
And MAC perhaps you've answered this, but on the days you use Fanie, do you use your other products as well?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, yes.... please tell!!!! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I got my products today! Can't believe how fast that was. I'll use the Unveil on Friday and the masque on Saturday. I'll report how it goes.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wheee, Riley. Can't wait to hear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I got my products today! Can't believe how fast that was. I'll use the Unveil on Friday and the masque on Saturday. I'll report how it goes.

Today is only MONDAY. Why you want to wait until Friday??

Use it TODAY!!! I want to know if anybody else gets that "burning" feeling. Hopefully I'm not the Odd Ball.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Today is only MONDAY. Why you want to wait until Friday??

Use it TODAY!!! I want to know if anybody else gets that "burning" feeling. Hopefully I'm not the Odd Ball.

LOL...there is no way I could get something new and wait until the end of the week to try it! Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |