Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
FANIE International
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Do it for us, Riley! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Unveil, accent masque, true skin and fizzy.... Saturday and they came today. I have no such desire to wait until the weekend. I got those babies out and went to town.

Wow - really awesome stuff. I used the unveil and left it on for five minutes before using the accent/truskin over it. Left it dry on my face (and boy does it ever! Shock ) for about 40 minutes. I needed a chisel and hammer to get if off - well almost....

I put it even on my eyelids and just kicked back and let the stuff harden up.

Excellent result. And I will be using it again for a Friday night date.....
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,

Did your face feel "burnt" or "scraped" while using Unveil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Great news sis! Can you elaborate more on what positive results you noticed? I'm also curious like MACrisis about how strong the Unveil was on your skin.

I am so impressed that you and rileygirl got your orders already. I ordered Friday but used the free shipping option and I don't think mine has been sent out yet (my last email says my order is "processing"). I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I ordered the Unveil, accent masque, true skin and fizzy.... Saturday and they came today. I have no such desire to wait until the weekend. I got those babies out and went to town.

Wow - really awesome stuff. I used the unveil and left it on for five minutes before using the accent/truskin over it. Left it dry on my face (and boy does it ever! Shock ) for about 40 minutes. I needed a chisel and hammer to get if off - well almost....

On your eyelids, Sis? I'm assuming just the Tru and Accent? Mama, did you write 302 to ask about these products? I'm unsure as which to order. Do you ladies who have these think the Unveil is necessary?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, MAC. I have a busy week with work and I like to do my stuff on Friday/Saturday!! BTW, I was curious if you have any problems with cinnamon, MAC? I noticed that was the 3rd ingredient in the Unveil. Made me wonder if the burning was not from the cinnamon and not the phenol?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Riley,
I think Bren brought up the cinnamon point earlier in the thread. I'm assuming it's the cinnamon too. You apply it to the lips and you're going to get pinker and more plumped which is why many of the lip plumper products use it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Anybody heard from JoElla on the main differences between the Accent and Enzyme masks? It appears that the Enzyme mask has all of the same ingredients that the Accent does (the Accent mask has several additional ingredients and costs a bit more) yet the Accent mask seems to be portrayed as more of a beginner's mask.

Any ideas?

I am leaning towards trying the HotDot because of the dong quai in it. Anyone else have that yet?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I thought this was interesting about cinnamon oil (from an Ayurvedic website):

Cinnamon has got antibacterial properties. The oil in cinnamon is a type of phenol, which is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:09 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

Cinnamon has got antibacterial properties. The oil in cinnamon is a type of phenol, which is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.

Excellent find, Bren. Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, Blues, I missed Bren's post on the cinnamon. I agree with you though. I remember lip plumpers with cinnamon and they burn.

And, Bren, very interesting re: the oil of cinnamon being a phenol. I wonder if this doubles the potency of the unveil?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sorry, Blues, I missed Bren's post on the cinnamon. I agree with you though. I remember lip plumpers with cinnamon and they burn.

And, Bren, very interesting re: the oil of cinnamon being a phenol. I wonder if this doubles the potency of the unveil?

No problem, thought you might want to see those posts as well. Pssst. I ordered BeautyLash. I'm so excited.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

No problem, thought you might want to see those posts as well. Pssst. I ordered BeautyLash. I'm so excited.

You ordered BeautyLash - Oh goody....!!!!

If I am recalling correctly you can almost 'smell' the cinnamon in the Veil. I didn't think it was as burny as MAC wrote - not in the same way as NCN pumpkin peel anyway...

I haven't quite figured out what the difference is between the two masks either.... JoElla recommended Accent because of Retin A i have used and the added nice ingredients. Plus she has been using it in her salon and seeing good results. So... why carry both? I don't know.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
She recommended the Fizzy to me for congested pores.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

On your eyelids, Sis? I'm assuming just the Tru and Accent? Mama, did you write 302 to ask about these products? I'm unsure as which to order. Do you ladies who have these think the Unveil is necessary?

Blues:
Hey, thanks for pointing this out: I did NOT use the VEIL on my eyelids! I did use truskin/accent on eyelids as recommended by JoElla!
I made my mix a little firmer than MAC did so no drippage. And it did harden up fast, so be ready. As MAC said be sure to settle your face into something calm and relaxing - don't want to harden the wrinkles! I layed down, closed my eyes and thought happy thoughts!

For me the Veil/Unveil was a little burny but not so bad. I had no trouble with it.

Mamawalnut
The results are - a soft, more youthful appearance to the skin in general. Pores were gone and more refined look overall. Some firming also.
I hope MACrisis will chime in with her thoughts here.
My new (two months) boyfriend told me I look way too young for him last night!... JoElla told me that would happen. (he's only four years older and a yummy!).

Really like it and it still looks good today.

Maybe I will give it a try without the veil next time and determine if there is a difference.

Blues - Instead of Unveil I'm sure you could use the pumpkin peel or some other exfoliating peel and remove and then place the accent mask on.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Blues:
Hey, thanks for pointing this out: I did NOT use the VEIL on my eyelids! I did use truskin/accent on eyelids as recommended by JoElla!
I made my mix a little firmer than MAC did so no drippage. And it did harden up fast, so be ready. As MAC said be sure to settle your face into something calm and relaxing - don't want to harden the wrinkles! I layed down, closed my eyes and thought happy thoughts!

For me the Veil/Unveil was a little burny but not so bad. I had no trouble with it.

Mamawalnut
The results are - a soft, more youthful appearance to the skin in general. Pores were gone and more refined look overall. Some firming also.
I hope MACrisis will chime in with her thoughts here.
My new (two months) boyfriend told me I look way too young for him last night!... JoElla told me that would happen. (he's only four years older and a yummy!).

Really like it and it still looks good today.

Maybe I will give it a try without the veil next time and determine if there is a difference.

Blues - Instead of Unveil I'm sure you could use the pumpkin peel or some other exfoliating peel and remove and then place the accent mask on.

Thanks Sis, and yea you on the hunky boy toy. My NCN use is a thing of the past. Doesn't work well for me with the KH. I only sniff it now, ocassionally. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Sis, how long did the burny feel last for you?
havana8

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
MaC, Sis and anyone else who is trying the masques, please don't forget to let us know when you notice the effects diminishing, if they even diminish at all. I'd like to know approximately how long they last.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Me thinks if you bought the BeautyLash from JoElla that you probably ordered some of the Fanie stuff too? Or did you somehow resist the temptation?! Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Me thinks if you bought the BeautyLash from JoElla that you probably ordered some of the Fanie stuff too? Or did you somehow resist the temptation?! Laughing

Nope. I bought it elsewhere. For 58.50. Laughing
I think I'm going to skip anything with acids. I've been very happy with my skin going no acids and I'm going to keep at it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

I think I'm going to skip anything with acids. I've been very happy with my skin going no acids and I'm going to keep at it.

Great deal, Blues. I know you will keep us posted on your results!

I hear ya on the acids. I went ahead and ordered the Accent and Fizzy masks along with the Tru-skin. Oh and the HotDot too, although now that I know that cinnamon oil is a phenol, I'm a bit leery of using it. The thought of putting cinnamon oil on an inflamed blemish makes me a bit squeamish! Yowza! Hopefully, the petroleum in it will prevent any sizzling! Laughing
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

This is what I'm going to do tonight:

Put cinnamon powder w/aloe vera on my face and to see if I have that "burning" feeling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Any impressions about the Liquid Sponge. It sounds so great in the description but wonder if it is anything different and special?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I hear ya on the acids. I went ahead and ordered the Accent and Fizzy masks along with the Tru-skin. Oh and the HotDot too, although now that I know that cinnamon oil is a phenol, I'm a bit leery of using it. The thought of putting cinnamon oil on an inflamed blemish makes me a bit squeamish! Yowza! Hopefully, the petroleum in it will prevent any sizzling! Laughing

When the goods show up....You're on deck for a review!!!!!

Great job Blues - Can't wait to hear your report on the Beautylash.
havana8

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

When the goods show up....You're on deck for a review!!!!!

Great job Blues - Can't wait to hear your report on the Beautylash.

and Rileygirl's too on Fanie and BeautyLash... Razz
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |