Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for a skin care line equal to Simone France.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
k2sandiego
5% products discount

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to this site and, of course, this forum. I am almost 40 years old with still oily and acneic skin(not to mention, mars pores!). Anyway, I currently use Simone France skincare (not sold on this site, unfortunately Sad). I am out of 2 products, the clay-based "answer mask" and "instant radiance", her peeling mask that gives incredible results. The products are $60 each, and when used as necessary for acneic skin, about every other day, they last about 8 weeks. Has anyone experienced similar products with great results from an aggressive line on this site that will either last longer or cost less? Think.
petey 23

Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just signed up for this site today. I see that you use the simone france line. I just ordered their products the other day and was wondering how you like them?? I have combination skin. I'm kind of hesitant about trying the products as I just found out they contain mineral and vegetable oil, which I thought was a no-no for your skin.
k2sandiego
5% products discount

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey, welcome to the forum.
I think it's strictly a matter of personal opinion whether or not to use oils on the skin. Not all oils are created equally, either. Just like alcohol. Anyway, I did really like the line and how it made my skin feel (firm)! Their service is great, as long as you don't return product (they do not return product-only exchange for other product). My lines did soften, but for the money, I could get botox done on my forehead with superior results. Other lines you should keep in mind are: Kaviskin, Resurgence by Murad. I am impressed with both those lines, especially for the money. I just cannot afford Simone anymore. And she doesn't have an alpha/beta treatment product, which I think would make her line more complete. Well, let me know how Simone goes!

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering my reply. When you used the products, did you notice any skin congestion, i.e. black heads, white heads, etc. I guess that's what my main concern is. I did try Murad some time ago, but the product was just too harsh on my skin. It became very dry with red scaly patches, so I had to stop using it. I'm currently using a 100% organic line called MiEssence that I really do like, however, it doesn't seem to be giving me the results I'm looking for. I have brown spots on my face from both my pregnancies that never went away and I'm just looking to lighten them a bit. Of course, I'm getting older and I'm noticing the fine lines around my eyes and forehead. I'm sure it's from the stress of raising children and managing a household!!
k2sandiego
5% products discount

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again,
It sounds like you have skin concerns similar to mine, except you may have sensitive skin. I always have some congestion, but no blackheads or whiteheads. Ever since I had my 2 kids 4 and 5 years ago i have had this "adult acne" problem, even though I am aging in the usual areas. The oil in Simone France shouldn't break you out; the oils used in her line are meant primarily for a "cushion" for the exfoliating and cleansing steps. I have found that using a moisturizer before I scrub leaves my skin much softer, and less "tight". You can adapt that to any line you use. Now, about Murad, they recently added Resurgence to their line. This line is specifically dedicated to women who are aging, and some women I have talked to swear by the results! It's suppose to be more gentle and more moisturizing than the other lines by Murad. But I understand, also, that once a negative result comes from something, that ruins indefinitely the possibility of trying it again.
Now, with what your concerns are with aging, I would seriously supplement your Simone France daily regime with Kavi. Their anti-aging products are phenominal, their toner is the BEST, and their glycolic acid masks are buffered, so you won't have ANY irritation...Just the great results!
Sorry for going off on a tangent..You may be able to tell I don't get enough adult interaction?!
If you have any active breakout, I would definitely get Simone France's Blemish Erase. That is the best spot treatment I have found, because it doesn't make the skin dry; rather it is very healing and zaps the redness so you can look normal. I will use that product forever!! You may have such great results with SF by itself that you may not need any anti-aging supplement. Let me know once you get the products in, what you think of the Instant Radiance mask. It's not real clear in the directions how to use it to maximize the result. Once you have it on for 10 minutes or so, you "roll it off". Hold your head over your sink and rub your skin until it starts rolling off. You may need to use slightly wet fingertips at first. This is the most amazing mask ever! Let me know what you think.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I will definitely let you know how the products go. They just shipped on Friday, so I should be getting them next week sometime. I'm always so leary about trying new products because I'm afraid my skin is going to break out from it! I'll give it a shot, though. I've been speaking with Penny from Simone France, and she is confident that the products will not cause any breakouts, so we'll see what happens! I will keep the blemish erase in mind. Thanks for all of the very helpful tips! I'll keep in touch and will hopefully report back with good news!
petey 23

Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello again!
I just got the simone france products today and I have to admit, I'm upset! When I opened the box to look at the ingredients, they contained parabens and EDTA. I can't use these products because I am highly allergic to these chemicals. I contacted them and of course, I can't get a refund. I'm so upset! I sent an email to them asking why they don't refund money and I never got a response. This leads me to believe that they don't stand behind their products nor do they believe in customer satisfaction. When I checked the ingredients screen on the website, these chemicals were not included. That's a bit misleading, don't you think? I spent a lot of money on these things so now I'm out all that money. I don't know what to do! I'm sorry to rant and rave! I do all of my shopping on line and have NEVER heard of not getting a complete refund if you're not satisfied with the merchandise. Any advice??
k2sandiego
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I am so sorry that you are having to experience the bad return policy.
If you are badly allergic to parabens and other things in the products, then you will need to send a doctor's report of such information, and together with the fact that they do not disclose ALL the ingredients online nor do they disclose their return policy at the time of purchase, you should be able to get the credit on your card. If it seems that you are having no luck going that route, then I would call my credit card company and open a dispute with SF, explaining to the cc company what happened. That's one of the good things about using a credit card for such purchases; they will protect your rights as a purchaser.
It's too bad that you're allergic to parabens and such, because it's kind of hard to find effective skin care products that are free of everything questionable. I wasn't a fan of the ingredients in SF, but when I used it, I really liked how it worked. If I had the $, I would offer to take them off your hands; sorry Sad
Good luck, and let me know how this goes.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll give it a try!!!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I love, love the cleansing gauze cloths that she has!! I am never without them & always use them when I travel. They are folded to about 4" square & unfold to about 16" square for rinsing, etc. They are intended for one time use so when finished, you just throw them away. It has helped immensely from when I would find that a hotel (or my own self) had not completely rinsed the detergent from a muslin or cloth. They take a bit of getting used to because they are gauze & very thin. also a little pricey but a box lasts forever. I have tried to find something similar many times but this is the real thing & I don't want to "experiment" anymore!
k2sandiego
5% products discount

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit, the cleansing cloths ARE the best! The box of 200 looks like it would last forever, but mine only lasted 2 months or so. I guess because I masked every other day and went through them more quickly. I should have saved the ones for "mask removal" and used them twice, since my face was already cleansed and toned. Ah well. If I continue using something in her line over the years, it will be those little cloths! Thanks for the reminder Smile

5% products discount

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Did you use them, or contend with customer service for a return authorization? I'm interested to know how your situation turned out. Question

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Dear Petey23: I am an owner of Simone France and although this comment was posted some years ago, if you're still on this forum, we'd like you to know that our line is now paraben-free (only two products still have them but we are getting paraben-free versions of those shortly) and we also have a complete ingredient listing on the website. Key ingredients are listed by the photos, but if you click on the product name you will see the complete list. We also accept returns and give refunds. If you'd like to give us another try, feel free to contact me personally at penny @ simonefrance . com. I'll be happy to do a personal skin care consultation with you and send you some samples to try.
CaliGirl54

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote

It has been a month since I made my first purchase of Simone France products. I had a “special” birthday this year and decided it was time to pay attention to my skin. I am not even sure how I found the line, but reading the reviews on the company web site gave me the confidence to give it a try. There is a method, but it is fast and easy – and gives remarkable results. I could see a difference in my skin after the first use and from there it just kept getting better! The customer service is the best I have seen – from email contact to product recommendations – I have never experienced any better customer care, especially from an online store. Simone France is a great find!
Hanna Aloha

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Simone France for a while now - I really think I've found the skin care for me! I never thought I'd say it but adult acne is a thing of the past! I see someone in an earlier post mentioned the Blemish Erase - that's been a life saver for me!
Have you signed up for their newsletter, CaliGirl? They've been having some great sales recently-really helps the budget!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
hmmmm.....
lots of posts about this line all of a sudden.
We do get suspicious here when newbie rave for any product line - esp when it is the first post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
hmmmm.....
lots of posts about this line all of a sudden.
We do get suspicious here when newbie rave for any product line - esp when it is the first post.

Hi erg,

I do believe that would be a resounding YES! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there DM, Welcome Back!
You have been missed
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hey there DM, Welcome Back!
You have been missed
Smile

Thanks erg Smile.....I missed you all here as well!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello erg,

My sincere apologies if I contributed to any red flags!I'm just getting used to this site and after putting in some general terms and wading through hundreds of pages of posts, I was feeling a little overwhelmed.I thought I'd see what would come up with this skin care line I've used for quite a while -saw a positive post and responded.

I'm heading back to further research some of the oils and lip care questions I started with. Have to admit, I've clicked on several posts from Dark Moon - I think in the chain regarding emu oil. Really appreciate all the information!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |