Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New IS Clinical ADVANCE+ Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical has launched a new line ADVANCE+ that combines (time-released) L-Ascorbic Acid with Copper Tripeptide Growth Factor! Shock

IS Clinical Launches New ADVANCE+ Skincare Line

NEW YORK, June 19, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- IS Clinical, an exclusive skincare brand by INNOVATIVE SKINCARE, has raised the bar once again in formulation and ingredient technology with the highly-effective, clinically-validated skincare line: ADVANCE+.

The Innovative Skincare R&D team sourced a new version of L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) technology to employ in the ADVANCE+ formulas. This version of L-Ascorbic Acid offers time-released, continuous and steady delivery to cells, providing a more efficient and effective form of the powerhouse ingredient. Additionally, its uniquely stabilized molecular structure allows it to be formulated with other potent ingredients, previously thought impossible, to enable enhanced collagen production and additional anti-aging benefits.

Innovative Skincare's expert team of PhDs, under the direction of Medical Director Charlene DeHaven, MD, FACEP, directed the development of the line from concept to market, including: sourcing the ingredients worldwide and coordinated independent clinical testing on all formulations for safety and efficacy. In an effort to uphold supreme ethical standards and adhere to strict medical guidelines, Innovative Skincare is moving forward without the involvement of former R&D team member Dr. Mostafa Omar, and by extension Phytoceuticals, Inc.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/clinical-launches-new-advance-skincare/story.aspx?guid=%7B3AEECD06-15CD-4A01-8C9F-D0CCFB3C628D%7D

The ADVANCE+ line features a new cutting-edge vitamin C (L ascorbic acid) technology along with Copper Tripeptide Growth Factor (in select products) to produce more rapid, pronounced improvements in the skin that ever before.
http://www.isclinical.com/

Super Serum ADVANCE+
3.5 pH +/- .25
Ingredients: water, 15% L-ascorbic acid, hyaluronic acid, pentylene glycol, urea, glucose, guanidine, tripeptide-1, 0.5% arbutin, 0.5% kojic acid (mushroom extract), calcium pentothenate, asiaticoside, asiatic acid, madecassis acid, zinc sulfate, glycerin, phenoxyethanol

Pro-Heal Serum ADVANCE+
3.1 pH +/- .25
Ingredients: water, 15% L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), laureth-4, alcohol denat, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol, 0.5% olive leaf extract, zinc sulfate, 1% tocopherol (Vitamin E), 0.5% kojic acid (mushroom extract), arbutin, glycerin, bioflavinoids, 1% retinol (Vitamin A), polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol

C Eye ADVANCE+
3.0 pH +/- .25
Ingredients: water, sodium hyaluronate, L-Ascorbic acid, propylene glycol, zinc sulfate, dextrin, tripeptide-1, bioflavonoids, mushroom extract, phenoxyethanol
havana8

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
And then I ran across this....

Termination of IS Clinical From Distributing PhytoCeuticals Formulas

ELMWOOD PARK, N.J., July 2 /PRNewswire/ -- PhytoCeuticals, Inc., the highly respected developer and manufacturer of proprietary skin care formulations, who is the first to invent Stable Liquid L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), has terminated the agreement granting IS Clinical from Innovative Skin Care the right to exclusively market the proprietary product formulas of PhytoCeuticals, Inc. effective July 1, 2008.

The IS Clinical termination was triggered by that company's introduction of controversial new products, not created by PhytoCeuticals, Inc. that violated Dr. Mostafa M. Omar, presidents of PhytoCeuticals, Inc. medical guidelines. Dr. Omar is also the Professor of Pharmacognosy at the University of Rhode Island, School of Pharmacy commented, "It is my ethical duty as a prominent medical researcher to warn clinicians and patients that, as IS clinical no longer has access to PhytoCeuticals, Inc. formulas and products, I cannot warrant the safety of any products sold by IS Clinical."

IS Clinical has received legal notice to remove all references to Dr. Omar and/or PhytoCeuticals, Inc., including all research citations, product claims and other related materials from all websites, advertising materials, media releases, packaging and product literature. Also IS Clinical is required to issue a clarifying press release informing clinicians and consumers, which products sold by the company prior to July 1, 2008, were actually owned and developed by PhytoCeuticals, Inc. -- a business relationship that no longer exists.

"We will take all action necessary to prohibit IS clinical from illegal usage of our formulas and research,' added Dr. Omar. "We will protect our scientific integrity and the reputation of our unique, clinically-proven products by any and all legal means."

PhytoCeuticals, Inc. is highly respected developer and manufacturing of proprietary skin care formulations, who is the First to invent Stable Liquid L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) in the market place in early 1990. The company had awarded many grants from National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Institute of Health (NIH) to test all its formulations clinically over 18 years. The products are no longer available from IS Clinical but directly from PhytoCeuticals, Inc.

1. Active serum
    2. Hydra cool gel
    3. Polyvitamin gel
    4. Skin Firming Cream
    5. Eye Contour Cream
    6. Body Lotion
    7. Topical Vitamin C Eye Gel
    8. Topical Vitamin C 15% serum
    9. Topical Vitamin C&E serum
    10. Proheal Serum (Topical Vitamin C,E,A, Olive Leaves Extract)
    11. Super Serum
    12. Moisturizing Cream

For further information, please contact Dr. Mostafa M. Omar, the President of PhytoCeuticals, Inc. directly at 201-791-2255 or phytoceuticals@msn.com.

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news-1/Termination-of-IS-Clinical-From-Distributing-PhytoCeuticals-Formulas-23140-1/
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Havana. How interesting. The good Dr. was quite vehement about ethics and safety. This will be quite fascinating to watch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Havana, in the list of ingredients that you posted, which ingredient is the copper tripeptide growth factor?
I wonder what this means for IS Clinical products. Will they have to withdraw the new products and can they still produce their old products?

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy, as I understand it, tripeptide-1 is the INCI name for the GHK peptide. What's confusing to me is that I would have expected "copper" before "tripeptide-1" as described on the ISC website but then again, I am no chemist. Laughing Hopefully someone who better understands it all will be able to enlighten.

http://www.cs-peptide.com/prod_detail.php?pid=31

Since the release states that the original formulations and products are owned by PhytoCeuticals, it sounds as if ISC will need to reformulate some of their core products or develop completely new ones. I wonder who will keep the product names and I wonder how much cross-over there will be between the two in terms of product line-ups and marketing, etc.? Sounds messy.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all unfolds with so many products affected by the split.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana8. You are right about it all being confusing.
Firstly, I am stunned that Tripeptide-1 is GHK. I am not really a fan of copper peptides and had no idea that is the name of the ingredient. A real eye opener for me.
Originally Phytoceuticals gave Skinceuticals exclusive use of its formulas then Skinceuticals lost favour and IS Clinical became the exclusive user. Interestingly though, Skinceuticals retained the same names and (I think) forumulas and ingredients. So it is likely that IS Clinical may do the same.
I am really curious as to why Phytoceuticals has now taken the action against a second company. It sounds to me that their specific form of C can only be mixed in a certain way and only with specific ingredients to retain the correct method of absorption. I had a look at the Phytoceuticals website and also their site that sells the products and both state that this form of C will darken with age but this, in no way, affects the C content. Their ingredients are also a bit different as well.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't realize that Skinceuticals was the first face of the Phytoceuticals products! Very interesting. Would you mind posting the link for the Phytoceuticals website? For some reason, I am unable to find it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Here ya go havana!

http://www.phytocskincare.com/cetacean/front/bin/home.phtml

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
havana8

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kassy. No wonder I couldn't find it. Embarassed
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
thanks for information .
this line is quite expensive.
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Yeeek - that skincare line is rich indeed. For those prices, it should be doing my laundry and feeding me chocolate, while it helps my skin! Laughing

Looks like quite the brouhaha is brewing up. I'll bring the popcorn; this should be interesting to watch...
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Havana8, here is another website for Phytoceuticals:
http://phytoc-usa.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Bushy, as I understand it, tripeptide-1 is the INCI name for the GHK peptide. What's confusing to me is that I would have expected "copper" before "tripeptide-1" as described on the ISC website but then again, I am no chemist. Laughing Hopefully someone who better understands it all will be able to enlighten.

Very interesting...this ingredient just showed up in my newly reformulated Visical Scalp Lotion!

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bushy! Smile The website you cited has more specific info which is great.

Bethany, I've been noticing it more too and recently saw it in the Neova Manganese Skin Brightening Serum but as "Manganese Tripeptide-1".
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30350&highlight=
havana8

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
EDS just added the Super Serum Advance+ to the store plus small versions of the Youth Complex and Poly-Vitamin, Active and HydraCool Serums.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/is-clinical-n_363.htm
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah! EDS already carry it on the website in NEW PRODUCT section. The price is so high. I already seen LRP nutritic lip on the website. I hope they will carry all line of LRP nutritic.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 am      Reply with quote
who tried the new line?? What the diff. bet. new and old after use?? More effective??
havana8

Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Just a note that if you prefer the original Phytoceuticals formulations distributed by ISC prior to their termination in July, they are still available under Phytoceuticals own extensive Phyto-C Skin Care label. Here's what the packaging looks like:

http://www.innerhealthandouterbeauty.com/skin-care/watch-video/AVTCRgSzDKs/boutiqueclinic/phyto-c.html

http://www.innerhealthandouterbeauty.com/skin-care/watch-video/do6kMnMJiT8/phytoceuticals/phytoceuticalsc-2009.html
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the new Proheal and Super Advance Serums. Both made my skin burn and I gave the Proheal to my son. They are colorless and very light weight serums, but I don't like the changes.
I am using the Skinceuticals Phyto Serum for redness and to prevent hyperpigmentation following my Active Laser Surgery and the ingredients, texture, and color are very similar to the other IS Clinical serums I have tried, so this explains a lot. But the price is way better!

5% products discount

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a bit confused -- I am currently using the newer ISClinical Pro-heal Advance+ and it is not colorless..?? It's definitely more lightweight than the old Pro-heal, but it has the same golden/yellow tone to it (the old Pro-heal went alot further though with just a few drops - I've been using the new one for just a few days and it looks like half the bottle is almost gone!!!). Has anybody tried the Phyto "pro-heal"? I'm dying to know if it really is the same as the old ISclin pro-heal because that one worked so well on fine lines!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Now I'm really confused. I remember the old pro-heal being greenish, not golden/yellow..that was the super serum
havana8

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
finelinehater wrote:
I'm a bit confused -- I am currently using the newer ISClinical Pro-heal Advance+ and it is not colorless..?? It's definitely more lightweight than the old Pro-heal, but it has the same golden/yellow tone to it (the old Pro-heal went alot further though with just a few drops - I've been using the new one for just a few days and it looks like half the bottle is almost gone!!!). Has anybody tried the Phyto "pro-heal"? I'm dying to know if it really is the same as the old ISclin pro-heal because that one worked so well on fine lines!

AnnieR's comment right above yours is talking about the new/changed Pro-Heal Advance+ formulation.

If you keep reading further up the thread, there is the press release announcing IS Clinical's termination from distributing/using the original formulations and why.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I got my IS Clinical Advance serums here from EDS and they are both colorless. My old ones from a year or so back are golden yellow (Super) and greenish-yellow (Proheal). Depending on which batch, the Proheal could be more green or yellow. We went thru a long thread on this a few years back here. I finally got the chemist to answer and yes, the colors varied depending on the batch you got.
So in others words and if I got this right, I am using the IS Clinical version of the serums now and I used to use the Phyto versions with an IS Clinical name, which is now under Skinceuticals.
I definitely preferred the older versions, but without all the switcheroo of names. It's hard now for anybody to know which to buy and where.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Yes, I got my IS Clinical Advance serums here from EDS and they are both colorless. My old ones from a year or so back are golden yellow (Super) and greenish-yellow (Proheal). Depending on which batch, the Proheal could be more green or yellow. We went thru a long thread on this a few years back here. I finally got the chemist to answer and yes, the colors varied depending on the batch you got.
So in others words and if I got this right, I am using the IS Clinical version of the serums now and I used to use the Phyto versions with an IS Clinical name, which is now under Skinceuticals.
I definitely preferred the older versions, but without all the switcheroo of names. It's hard now for anybody to know which to buy and where.

Skinceuticals? That was Omar's old association before ISC. His products are now under Phytoceuticals not Skinceuticals..am I right or do I need more coffee? There are some similarities with Skinceuticals since he also worked on skinceuticals before developing products for ISC.
finelinehater
5% products discount

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty confused b/c I just bought a bottle of ISClinical Proheal Advance+ and it is definitely golden yellow (it doesn't expire until 2010, so I'm guessing it's pretty new?). But I'm planning on calling the tel # for Phytoceuticals this week and try and figure out what the deal is (esp. b/c Skinceuticals has those colored Phyto+ formulations which look like the newer phytoceuticals gels..)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |