Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
REVIEW: Clarins Multi-Product Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently starting using some Clarin's products and have been impressed enough to warrant writing a review on them. I had been using Eminence for a few months which seemed to work okay with my skin ... no complaints, but over time really didn't see much improvement (my areas of concern ... mostly hyper-pigmentation, some fine lines starting, and blackheads around nose/chin area). I had been looking for new sunscreen and was checking out the Shiseido counter. The SA helping me was actually a Clarins rep and when I expressed interest in their Bright Plus line, talked to me a bit about the Clarins products.

These are the products I have been using for a few weeks now:

Double Serum Generation 6
I love this stuff!!! It's more for 40's plus skin (I'm 39 and a half so I figure I'm close enough). I really think my skin is much healthier looking after using this serum ... it has much more of a glow to it, pores appear smoother and the skin seems tighter (keep in mind though that I started multiple products at once, so I can't say any one product in particular is making my skin look the way it does).

The serum contains two sides ... one a more oil based serum and the other a more gel based serum. One pump squeezes both out together. I was worried with the oil based it might be bad for my blackhead prone skin, but I haven't experienced any breakouts since starting these products, and although I haven't seen a decrease in blackheads, they haven't become any worse.

Here are the ingredients as posted on the Clarins website:

Ingredients :
Pycnogenol® from Maritime Pine extract: stimulates the microcirculation.
Salicornia, Green Algae: moisturize, soften.
Inca Peanut, Marula: nourish, provide comfort.
London Rocket seed: encourages oxygenation.
Pycnogenol® from Maritime Pine extract combined with Vitamin C: protective action.
Centella Asiatica, unsaponifiables from Avocado, Stimulen: revitalize.
Combination of hydro and liposoluble Vitamin C: ensure long-lasting results.

UV Plus SPF40 with EP
I really love this sunscreen. The consistency seems very sheer, but having put it on in the AM and not reapplied all day, it seems to do a good job of protecting my fair skin from the sun. NOTE that I am only in the sun back and forth to work, errands, etc., ... if I were to spend more time in the full sun I would reapply or apply my mineral sunscreen powder over top. This is a physical screen (which I think my face likes better than chemical). It also includes their "EP" complex which apparently helps protect against electromagnetic rays. Since I spend all of my work day infront of a computer, this was a plus for me.

One negative is that it's expensive for what you get. A 30 ml container is about $40 CDN. I love it so much though I've already purchased a backup!

Ingredients: Note: the website I found these ingredients on, didn't have the newer product with the EP added. So these ingredients are for the original version. Also this only mentions Titanium Dioxide on the back of the container so I don't think it includes Zinc Oxide.
- Contains 100% natural mineral filters and is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
- UV filters (SPF 40 PA+++) effectively protect the skin against the harmful effects of light.
- White Tea extracts offers powerful protection against pollution and free radicals.

Bright Plus HP Firming Brightening Serum
I don't know if it's a combination of the products or this product itself, but since starting these products, I have noticed my face appears brighter and more even-toned. I DO still have spots of hyper-pigmentation and it's too soon to tell if they are fading (that could takes months to see a noticeable difference), but overall, I'm very pleased with the tone of my skin. I'll definitely repurchase this one.

Ingredients :
- Lock-Around System ®: a combination of Raspberry Extract and a Vitamin C derivative. Slows down all factors that trigger pigmentation.
- Clarins patented plant combination (Parsley, Camomile) and fruit extracts (Grapefruit and Japanese Mandarin) to brighten, freshen and illuminate the complexion.
- Gentian: purifies and tightens pores.
- Polyols: maintain moisture levels in the epidermis.
- Chamomile
- Gentian (Tones)
- Grapefruit
- Mandarin
- Parsley

Bright Plus HP On-the-Spot Brightening Corrector
I bought this pen like corrector for my areas of hyper-pigmentation. Too soon to tell if it will make a difference. But I will repurchase this so I can use it for atleast a few months to give it a good go.

Ingredients :
- Lock-Around System ®: a combination of Raspberry Extract and a Vitamin C derivative. Slows down all factors that trigger pigmentation.
- Clarins patented plant combination (Parsley, Camomile) and fruit extracts (Grapefruit and Japanese Mandarin) to brighten, freshen and illuminate the complexion.
- Salicylic Acid and alcohol: fight inflammation and quickly dry small spots.
- Gentian: deep cleanses and tightens pores.
- Mandarin

Bright Plus Gentle Brightening Exfoliator
I do like this product, but I'm on the face if I would repurchase. It's a creamy type consistency with small beads it that you are supposed to use on a dry face, massage then rinse. It does work, but I'm not sure it works any better than any other less expensive exfoliator.

I wasn't able to find the ingredients for this one online.

Hydra-Matte Lotion for Combination Skin
I had a sample of this lotion and just purchased the full size product. This is a nice moisturizer for my combination skin. Nothing fancy ... just helps to give me moisture and oil control where I need it.

Ingredients :
-Extracts of Linden and Green Algae: moisturize and soothe.
-Oil-sensitive combination of Chrysin, Alpine Willow Herb, White Dead Nettle, Zinc, Vitamin B6: leaves skin matte, reduces excessive oil production in oily areas.
-Lantana from Madagascar: astringent, purifies skin and tightens pores.
-Clarins new Anti-Pollution complex (White Tea, Succory Dock-Cress, Glycofilm): protects against free radicals and the harmful effects of the environment.
- Linden

Hope this review helps anyone else who might be interested in any of these products. I really didn't think I'd find happiness in any department store skin care line, but I have been pleasantly surprised by these products.

Incase anyone is interested, in addition to these products, I have been using Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream (I LOVE this stuff), Eminence Stone Crop Gel Wash, and for that monthly time when my skin might want to breakout a bit, IS Clinical Active Serum in my t-zone.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I loved your review. It would seem that many on this forum don't like Clarins products but looking at the ingredients, they sound like really nice products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I like clarins, they are light and smell good. I have been using the lines for past couple years. That also applies for my older sister, my mom and my younger sister. They have really great stuff...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |