Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

avotox
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mogwai
5% products discount

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I hope I'm putting this in the right forum.

I've learned soooo much from some of you, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on avotox. I read some highly technical stuff about carcinogens, but didn't get much out of it. Is avotox really dangerous?

Also, can anyone compare it to the alphaderma as to how well it works?

Thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't know about carcinogens in Avotox. I purchased it in June. Within 2 weeks my skin looked aweful! I was expecting to see a softening of my lines and wrinkles. Ouch....I ended up with very dehydrated skin and saw more dry lines and wrinkles then ever. I think the problem with the product is that is doesn't have ingredients in it to feed and repair your skin. I found it very harsh.

That is when I found this forum. I was searching for reviews on Avotox and really found nothing very helpful. Many of the members talked about Relaxaline but not Avotox. I return the Avotox as I bought 3 at once. They were extremely prompt in refunding my money with NO hassel.

I am 59 and was looking for a product with Argireline in it. I also saw the AlphaDermaCE website. When I called them I actually spoke to the owner. He was extremely helpful and knowledgable. His company has had many years of experience in skincare for salons and the general public. So, to make a long story short...I have been using AlphaDerma, Okusil and the Prep since July and absolutely love it. It is the best product line I have used for antiaging. It is a keeper!!! My face, neck and upper eye area is unbelievably toned. I did not have many wrinkles to begin with but the ones I did have are so much softer.

Stick around. You will find a wealth of information here. I am hooked on this forum. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mogwai
5% products discount

Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie!
I have some avotox and it's going back. I think I'll try the alphaderm.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mogwai,

Just curious, did you have results with Avotox or were you just concerned about ingredients? I think it was too harsh for my skin. Would like to hear results from others.

When you send it back, spend a few extra dollars to get a return receipt. This way you have evidence the company got your package. They refunded me immediately. I am so thankful for that. I have heard people really being taken by another product (I believe Hydroderm). Hate to hear stories like that. The Avotox people do stand behind their 60 day guarantee.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
askipper

Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, thought you might be interested! I tried avotox and loved it - been using it for around 6 months now - even recommended it to a few friends and they've all bought too (they clubbed together and got the discounted 3 for 2 offer) - however, 1 of them had to return cos it made their skin dry and red in places -- we're from the UK so dealt with the UK company - don't know if it's different but she got refund back too really quickly
joyce

Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I have the pumpt bottle of Alpha Derma and I also bought Avotox. There is no contest, Alpha Derma is greasy, does't abosrb. 45 minutes after I applied it, my hands and face are still greasy. Avotox absorbs instantly.
Joyce
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow...I find the gel like consistancy of AlphaDerma moisturizing but not overly. In fact sometimes at night I but moisturizer over it. I think I need the moisture ingredients for my skin type. Avotox made my skin look like leather. Sad

Do you have oily skin? Mine is combo.

That is why I asked others to tell us about Avotox. Everyone has different skin and opinions. Glad Avotox is working for you. We are so lucky to have access to all these new antiaging products.

Can you imagine what they will come out with in a few years.

joyce

Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I had five people try Alpha Derma in my office, all came back with "This stuff is greasy". Do you work for Alpha Derma?

Joyce
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
In no way do I work to AlphaDerma. AlphaDerma is a line from a company that has (I believe) 30 years experience in skincare. I really don't think they need me to make them successful. I think you will find that companys with a new single line trying to get on their feet will be advertising their products on message board. This company has not just come up with a single product to sell. They sell hundreds of products. I did a great deal of research before I ordered this product. I worked in a local salon for years and tried everything. I am just extremely impressed with AlphaDerma and want to share it with the people on this forum and answer their questions. Note, the first post in this subject. Someone asked a question and I answered.

What do I do for work: I spend most of my time lovin my grandchildren. I also teach Scrapbooking at my local Community School. A great job for a retired woman.

Selling product is not allowed on this forum. If I were selling it my posts would have been edited or removed long before my my 160+ post.

If I had the opportunately to work for AD I think I might consider it. They are a class act company and I love the product.

I made it very clear that different people and skin types like products with other ingredients. I use other lines for other needs.

Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
joyce wrote:
I had five people try Alpha Derma in my office, all came back with "This stuff is greasy". Do you work for Alpha Derma?

Joyce

Funny, that is the first time anyone has ever said our product is anything but excellent. The way Winnie met Janson-Beckett and AlphaDerma was through this forum. We sent free samples to members. To date no one has ever accused anyone of anything like what you just did. If anyone looks suspicious it is you with your accusations. Until now everyone has been very cordial, I guess you should try to act a little more like everyone else on this forum; with a little class and dignity. Winnie is a nice person and helps everyone she can, not only talking about AlphaDerma but other companies products as well. If you compare Avotox or is it Avotone? AlphaDerma always seems to be the better of the two not only for the product but the company as well. Finally, if anyone ever would like to have an official comparison of the two products with real clinical tests we at JB welcome it. I wouldn't think they will or you will accept the challenge. We are and always will be a skin care manufacturer. Is Avotox a manufacturer or just another marketing person jumping on the band wagon trying to make a fast buck. Is Avotox/Avotone the name of the company or the product. If you can figure it out you are smarter than I. By the way we sell hundreds of cutting edge skin care products not just to the consumer but to Dermatalogists and Salons around the World. We are the people who innovate new ideas, not just followers.
Thank you,
JB Management.
Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Joyce I noticed your other post. All your post are related to Avotox. You also say Relaxaline is not good. Relaxaline gets rave reviews on this forum. I tend to go with the quantity of reviews.

Esthers Secret also get outstanding review. If I was not having the results I am having with AD, Esthers Secret would be my next purchase.

I am really happy that you like Avotox so much. However, we all have individual likes. When you say AD is greasy that shock me. But, I am opened minded enough to believe that someone could have that reaction to any product. Another longtimer on this forum has a drying result from AD. Again, for me AD is my little gold in a bottle.

Who do you work for? hmm

Mogwai
5% products discount

Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Shock
Wow! Sorry. I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest!

Winnie, I used the avotox for about three weeks. It looks like it was working on my crows feet, but my undereye area now has lines that were never there before. Maybe the avotox shouldn't have been applied under the eye. I don't know. Anyway, I'm using a new kinerase intensive eye cream that seems to be helping that (about four days, some improvement already) but if I were to continue with the avotox I guess I'd be really cautious. I'm 42, and I don't need any more skin damage than I've got. And yes, I am kind of worried about those ingredients and their safety.

Overall, it still sounds like the alpha derma is something worth trying.

This stuff really gets confusing!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mogwai,

I really can't remember if I used Avotox directly under my eyes. I did use it on my crows feet.

I can 99.9% tell you that AlphaDermaCE will not do any damage to your skin. Some love it, some like it but I have heard no aweful reviews on it. Good product.

Confused????? I am confused everyday since I joined this forum. There are so many products out their I would love to try. Since I have joined this forum I have purchased 6 new products. The Dr. H's cleanse and refresh line that I am in love with and many makeup products. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Thank God I have an easy going husband. Laughing

Happy shopping.

Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'd have to agree with Winnie. There is so much information on this website that I just read and read and read particularly looking at people's skin types and age to see if their recommendations would apply to me. And you can be sure that I would spread the word if I find something I love. I've only just started making a couple of purchases, trying out one thing at a time. When people are trying to sell their product here, its very obvious...to everyone. Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am one of those who got the free sample from Alphaderma. I have not tried Avotox and hence am not able to compare.

However, I am quite impressed with Alphaderma and in fact have just put in an order for it plus the Okusil.

To start with, I do have dry skin, so may be that is why it's not greasy for me. The sample bottle is almost finished, and I do notice a visible improvement to the fines on my forehead, and the smile lines. Particularly, I like its effect on the fine wrinkles on my inner corner undereye area. They are less obvious. Basically, I used it all over, concentrating on the fine wrinkles wherever they are and I tell you, they are all over.

In case some one thinks I work for Janson-Beckett, I live in Singapore - quite a looongg way off.

Our skin conditions and lifestyles are all very different from one another and this is why there is so much info/opinions on the different products. One has to really not only weed out the scams, but also make a well researched decision whether a particular product is suited for oneself. Of course, I am one of those who likes to try out new stuff and this really explains my drawers of half used skin care products:roll: Rolling Eyes

regards
Jenny
gatorgirl
5% products discount

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been visiting this forum as a guest for a while and really enjoy it. I have learned so much. While I have never tried Avotox I have tried Alphaderma. I have very oily skin and had trouble with my face looking like I was sweating. It's too bad because in the short time I tried it I believe I was starting to see results. I guess it is just do to my skin type. Confused
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:34 am      Reply with quote
gatorgirl said:

I have very oily skin and had trouble with my face looking like I was sweating.

You might just want to use it at night. I'd hate to give up a product that really seemed to be helping. I'm still waiting for my order of AlphaDerma, I just found out that it was sent to the wrong address. Rolling Eyes I think it went to my new neighbors across the street who just moved in and don't know anyone's names. They just had a baby, like 2 days ago and I really don't want to pester them. Oh well, I've waited this long to try it, another few days couldn't hurt.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Idea gatorgirl,

Before you toss it. Try using just a tad of it. I use approximately 1/2 pump for my whole face. Another 1/2 pump for my neck. You can try what Nanapost had suggested also. But, I believe to get max results you need to use it twice a day.

Also, totally (gently) rub it in until it is absorbed. Hope this helps.

gatorgirl
5% products discount

Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nanapost and Winnie for the tips. I do have to admit I am a little liberal in applying it. Smile
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sheesh, we are all so different and unique!

The AD never feels greasy on me. Sinks right in actually. Never a problem.

Maria Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:30 am      Reply with quote
joyce wrote:

Joyce

If it were greasy I'd be using it still. I was using huge amounts so got through my sample very quickly, but the damn stuff just sinks right in Laughing Good for normal to combo skin types I guess, but not parched or, by contrast you poor things who have more oil than Texas on your faces Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
joyce wrote:

Joyce

If it were greasy I'd be using it still. I was using huge amounts so got through my sample very quickly, but the damn stuff just sinks right in Laughing Good for normal to combo skin types I guess, but not parched or, by contrast you poor things who have more oil than Texas on your faces Smile

LOL
Joyce - I'm afraid I'm one of those on here who liked the ADCE and only recently placed an order for the full size. If you really doubt some of the members on here it's quite easy to check past posts if you think they're trying to sell you a dud.

Right now I'm getting great results with the various products I'm using yes including the ADCE, Yonka and a whole host of others I dip in to as and when I feel I need to. I think many people do this. - it's taken me enough years and money to learn through trial and error that we all have different skin types and react in an individual way to a product. I think when reading reviews we take this in to consideration.

e.g I tried Cellex - didn't suit my skin, the stuff flaked off. Skinceuticals very similar product - no problem and it's now the one I choose. Just a little tweak on the ingredient list can make all the difference.

On a lighter note. Isn't Johnny Depp divine? Embarassed
hulagirl

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased and used a number of the "new" anti-aging regimes and have used 3 so far...this past spring I purchased Avotox, Strivectin-D and Hydroderm (which I am currently using)....so far, the Avotox is FAR superior! I had no results with Srivectin-D and with only a week to go in the Hydroderm regime, have noticed little or no results as far as wrinkle-reduction/relaxation.
Avotox is the sole winner for me--within a week I had relaxed/reduced wrinkles on my forehead and within a month, significant reduction in noticeable wrinkles throughout my face....I am going to order more, but I understand that they changed the name to Avotone...I am 47, and have significant sun damage and wrinkling (deep wrinkles at that!)..while the Avotox did nothing for the pigmentation from sun damage, it did a pretty spectatular job and relaxing my wrinkles--to the point that people were commenting about how great my skin looked....
viv

Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Dear Ian or anyone,

I live in Indonesia (near Singapore) and interested to try Alphaderma. Where can I get it? Please help.

It would be nice if I can get a sample first before buying.... Wink

Hope to hear from anyone...maybe Jenny who lives in Singapore can help letting me know where I can get the product.

Thanks,
Vivian
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi viv,

I sent you a Private Message in regard to your question.

Happy Holidays,
Winnie
JB rep.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |